Cinematic Trailer

Mael - Storm Legion
Mael - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
I apologize if this has already been posted, but I just found a cinematic trailer for FW at Gametrailers.com

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-alliance-forsaken-world/713992

For a trailer for a F2P game, it is fairly good.
Post edited by Mael - Storm Legion on
Since when is Tuesday a direction?

Comments

• Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    saw that trailer yesterday...looks good :)
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • Sekkurel - Illyfue
    Sekkurel - Illyfue Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The dwarf was badass !
  • deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The dwarf was badass !
    Agreed. x)

cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

[ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    What's with that wannabe-vampire assasin?

Anyway, cool trailer:cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mael - Storm Legion
    edited May 2011
    The dwarf was badass !

I think the Stoneman stole the show.
  • Alyssian - Illyfue
    Alyssian - Illyfue Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    WHY IS THERE NO PRIEST? I IZ MAD THERE IS NO PRIEST.

Other the other note, it looked epic. OMG, the animation is amazing.

*so that's where all our money went*
  • Vendell - Storm Legion
    Vendell - Storm Legion Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    *so that's where all our money went*

hehehe rigth!i think they didnt show priest and war cause the trailer is showing off the races not the classes!XD
  • Mael - Storm Legion
    edited May 2011
    What's with that wannabe-vampire assasin?

I think that its just a regular kindred assassin. If I recall correctly, all kindred can become bats (at least in the intro quest)
  • Psirene - Eyrda
    Psirene - Eyrda Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    ho nice nice, i really enjoyed it, i am gonna watch it again ^_^
  • Caerra - Illyfue
    Caerra - Illyfue Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I think that its just a regular kindred assassin. If I recall correctly, all kindred can become bats (at least in the intro quest)

Yap, we all become bats at one point :P And why on earth would an assassin want to be a vampire anyways? :cool:
  • Frost_Fang - Nyos
    Frost_Fang - Nyos Posts: 837 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    To me, u're all delusional and never seen a proper CG trailer...so, lets start:

Music from Pirates of Carribbean: on stranger tides, the concept from the warcraft 3 opening (a danger falling from the sky making old enemies reunite as allies ), people saying it's a rip-off from wow:cata's CG as well, not that I would know...

-Prot looking like mr.Freeze, it even looks better ingame...
    -Dwarf tilting the INVISIBLE button to trigger her visor...
    -All of it not making any sense, in terms of that sin-girl going "oh, look, a storm is coming, better team up with the guy who just randomly attacked me and froze my feet away"...
    -Everyone using skills none of them actually has in the game
    -Sin's hair turning from black to white at some point.... I guess she grew older at that point...
    -The evil-coming from the sky not having anything to do with the game itself...

I'll say it again: you lack either standards or an Internet connection. But then again, if you weren't so easily impressed, you wouldn't be here in the first place...
    Member of "KoS_" cause unless you stand for something, you will fall for anything.
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    edited May 2011
    -Sin's hair turning from black to white at some point.... I guess she grew older at that point...

That's vampire form... now why or how would an assasin use that idk...
    I'll say it again: you lack either standards or an Internet connection. But then again, if you weren't so easily impressed, you wouldn't be here in the first place...

So redeem us by enlightening us with your proper standards oh Messiah and prophet of the trollocalypse...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Calad - Illyfue
    Calad - Illyfue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'll answer that. If you want to really be blown away by a trailer, try this one. And this struck me as outstanding back then as well. (Interestingly, both with the same publisher. They sure know their marketing. If only the games would be half that good... Hell, even a quarter! But still a while till DE3 will be released, so we'll see.)
    'Course, the very fact that a F2P game even HAS a cinematic trailer is quite shocking in itself.
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    edited May 2011
    I'll answer that. If you want to really be blown away by a trailer, try this one. And this struck me as outstanding back then as well. (Interestingly, both with the same publisher. They sure know their marketing. If only the games would be half that good... Hell, even a quarter! But still a while till DE3 will be released, so we'll see.)
    'Course, the very fact that a F2P game even HAS a cinematic trailer is quite shocking in itself.

Well, last sentence said it all to be honest. It is a free game, don't expect anything astonishing from it's trailer. Though even puting the fact that it is for a free game aside, the trailer still looks pretty good.

Though it's quite unfair to compare anything to something made by Square Enix... Be it a movie, a game, or anything else, you know nothing else stands a chance against it the moment "Square Enix" appears on your screen. Especially if it is followed by the 2 magic words "Final Fantasy"...
    Well, unless we are talking about "Final Fantasy Unlimited", that is:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Calad - Illyfue
    Calad - Illyfue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'm yet to hear anything (meaningful) good about FF14. And it would appear that many FF "veterans" also hated FF13... and probably X-2 as well. (I wouldn't know, just played the 2 PC releases, 7 and 8... Good story and characters, decent villains, but a bothersome gameplay for 7 and absolutely horrible for 8.)
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    edited May 2011
    Dk anything about the online FF versions - not that we are allowed to talk about them here anyway.
    Seen a let's play series of FFXII on youtube and seemed very pretty, but gameplay... I dk.
    FF XII is by far the best game I've played to date, followed by FF tactics.
    X-2 and and VII-DoC were decent, but so pretty that I could easily overlook their flaws. And FF 1,2,3 etc... were pretty entertaining, and pretty damn good for their age.
    I don't think anyone would disagree that S.E. at least knows how to make the prettiest games with the best storylines in the market.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AnjesRock - Illyfue
    AnjesRock - Illyfue Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Its a wonder how she can transform from human from to bat and back but still have the daggers in her hands.
  • Artemie - Illyfue
    Artemie - Illyfue Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Its a wonder how she can transform from human from to bat and back but still have the daggers in her hands.

It's magic.
  • InnovatorSeven - Storm Legion
    InnovatorSeven - Storm Legion Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    bard can teleport
    sin can turn into bat
    are they mad?
    and where is priest and vampire? are they nerf? guess priest and vamp are not welcome in forsaken world
    Kindred>Vampire>Inferno
    Burn the Future
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    edited May 2011
    They represent the 5 races, not the 8 classes.

Besides mage looked so much of a goodie goodie he could easily be a priest, and sin... c'mon, can transform to a bat and has vampire form?
    But still no warrior anyway :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rover - Illyfue
    Rover - Illyfue Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I actually enjoyed it. Dwarf ftw =)
  • brintosfj
    brintosfj Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    what's wrong with ppl here? it's a trailer showin the 5 different races, fightin a common enemy..the trailer is good, not the best but good and don't say for a f2p(it's a degrading view of a good work)
  • Mael - Storm Legion
    edited May 2011
    Music from Pirates of Carribbean: on stranger tides
    Where? I have not found any Pirates of the Caribbean music that sounds like the music in the trailer
    the concept from the warcraft 3 opening (a danger falling from the sky making old enemies reunite as allies )
    Its an overly used concept, be it uniting the Federation and Klingon Empire against the Borg, Humans and Beastmen against the Anti-Spirals, or Space Marines and Eldar against the Tyranids. Its nothing new, and certainly does not belong solely to the Warcraft 3 opening.
  • stupidfans
    stupidfans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    errr.. the FF trailer was pretty baddie.. lol..

now the deusex one looks rly badass...
  • magath
    magath Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    -The evil-coming from the sky not having anything to do with the game itself...

Very rarely do i post on forums and although i dont play the game any longer, i think i have to say that maybe that storm there represents the STORM LEGION, the enemy which threatens all, and that face appearing there might be its commander or leader or w/e.