FW Issues

Lyzern - Illyfue
Lyzern - Illyfue Posts: 374 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
Hai,

I've been playing FW since CB2 (Started on a different account then moved to this one) and in CBT people kept cmplaining about many issues, my answer to them was always: "This is just CBT, I'm sure in OBT all of this will be fixed"... hah, I wish I could go back in time and laugh at myself.

Onward to the matter, the issues I find most annoying and that were promised to be fixed/added according to the problem, are:

- PvE servers' flagging system/PvP Realms
Why? Because many people have already established their characters in this server, made friends, have a guild and made a lot of progress to just drop it all. Nonetheless, they still like PvP and would like something other than a: "Hi, wanna do a gvg that will take 10 mins to prepare, 30 mins to do and if either of us lose for a large gap we'll be the jester of the whole server?" with a chance to be refused or canceled.

- PvP Arenas
Removed due to the new update preview

- HP/MP Regeneration/Skills Cost
I don't think there's anything to say on this, everyone knows this or at least feels it unconsciously. You spend time farming herbs/fishes to make pots/food/drinks so you can spend them all in one single run of a dungeon that happened to take longer than expected or when you want to go RAGEEE!!!!!eleven!!! on anything, and notice you have no MP after 3-4 skills. Fair? I think not. Fun? Most certainly not.

- God System
I remember, when FW was still months away to be released, hearing about a certain God system very vaguely, I like the idea of this kind of competition but it seems to have died, since it hasn't been brought up in ages. Let's hope PWE decides to do something about this and we have some sort of Ranking with rewards and buffs or such.

Note to PWE: Stop making sales and releasing packs and start working on problems you promised to fix. Thank you.

-

There are the main issues I have with FW. I suspect trolls will tell me to go to a PvP server, but seriously, stop being such tards and read the Issue #1. YES, to the end.

- - - - -

Edit: I have been reading your comments and they're too many to reply to one by one so:

- I know this is a F2P game, that doesn't justify the fact that it becomes unbalanced. There are examples of games I know which cash shop is much more balanced and still appealing, and they do a lot of expansions, so this pre-concept of F2P games is bullcrap just like any generalization. And for crying out loud. DO NOT tell me to go back to those games. Forsaken World is a very well developped game but has a lot of issues to be taken care off, unfortunately that seems to happen with all PWE games.

- If you disagree with me, please refrain with using the "I pity you; you're naive; you're trolling; you're a noob; etc etc" and state your opinion like a mature person you should be. I didn't do otherwise to anyone.

- Mana management has nothing to do with spamming pots all the time; that's not management at all. Management is being able to choose the skills you need, using a minimal ammount of pots. Management isn't spamming MP pots every 5 skills. About the Food/Drink argument: I'm a Bard, and there's a particularly annoying bug with Bards which is the unability to rest when a song (buff) is on, meaning if you want to rest, you have to wait at most 40 seconds (Which is my case as a Wind Bard) to rest, after 15 seconds all your teammates are ready to go and if you don't wanna stall them, you have to rely on pots.

Thank you for all your input on my thread.
Post edited by Lyzern - Illyfue on
Pure Support Bard Guide:

fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=171271

Vote for Flagging System/PvP Realms on PvE Servers:

fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=176141

Comments

• Reichle - Eyrda
    Reichle - Eyrda Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    "Note to PWE: Stop making sales and releasing packs and start working on problems you promised to fixed. Thank you."

I LOLed when I read that and agreed then I realized that f2p games survive on sales, packs and promotions.

They'll get to it sooner or later. If it annoys you that much, go play a game that is entirely fixed with no bugs until FW is finally ready to be played by you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Inferno <3
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    1) Flagging system should be fixed so as to actually work as they said it would, I agree, but if someone wanted random PK they should go on a PVP server (yes, I know this has been said so many times it has started sounding like trolling, but it's the truth). It's not like many people really miss it that much anyway, or else they would have gone to PVP long ago.
    And who really cares about results of Guild wars on PVE servers? It's a freakin' PVE server, noone really cares about someone sucking in PVP, that's the whole point of PVE servers...
    2) PVP arenas will come sooner or later. Watch what there is in place in the CN version of FW, the same patches will come here as in a few months.
    3) Stop complaining about regen people-there is no such problem. Just because most MMOs don't make you use that many pots doesn't mean all should be like that. Use those damn regen foods and drinks, they are there for a reason. And pots are so cheap to buy it is almost ridiculus...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyzern - Illyfue
    edited May 2011
    "Note to PWE: Stop making sales and releasing packs and start working on problems you promised to fixed. Thank you."

I LOLed when I read that and agreed then I realized that f2p games survive on sales, packs and promotions.

They'll get to it sooner or later. If it annoys you that much, go play a game that is entirely fixed with no bugs until FW is finally ready to be played by you.

Sorta what I'm doing, playing <Removed. Reason: You are not allowed to discuss other games in FW Forums>, very fun and they just made a major update, showing their appretiation. Their cash shop is much better than FW's because they base it on things that don't make people OP :D. But it's an instance based game, sometimes I need a bit of open world and my guild is in FW and I miss'em :L
    Pure Support Bard Guide:

• Lyzern - Illyfue
    edited May 2011
    1) Flagging system should be fixed so as to actually work as they said it would, I agree, but if someone wanted random PK they should go on a PVP server (yes, I know this has been said so many times it has started sounding like trolling, but it's the truth). It's not like many people really miss it that much anyway, or else they would have gone to PVP long ago.
    And who really cares about results of Guild wars on PVE servers? It's a freakin' PVE server, noone really cares about someone sucking in PVP, that's the whole point of PVE servers...
    2) PVP arenas will come sooner or later. Watch what there is in place in the CN version of FW, the same patches will come here as in a few months.
    3) Stop complaining about regen people-there is no such problem. Just because most MMOs don't make you use that many pots doesn't mean all should be like that. Use those damn regen foods and drinks, they are there for a reason. And pots are so cheap to buy it is almost ridiculus...

You added nothing to my thread, plain and simple.

1&2) yeah, sooner or later, but when? In their first big expansion releasing something new and broken like their other games?

3) It IS a problem and they did say it was going to be fixed.
    Pure Support Bard Guide:

• Reichle - Eyrda
    edited May 2011
    Why can't they just sell CS stuff that doesn't matter? Like chat smileys, fashion, mounts, silly masks...Sell fun stuff, not stuff that makes people with money "better" gamers than those without. Better meaning level faster, win PvP fights easier, better gear so better survival in instances...shame shame
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Inferno <3
  • Avici - Eyrda
    Avici - Eyrda Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    when i saw OP said FW cs makes cser goes Overpowered i stopped reading
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    edited May 2011
    3) It IS a problem and they did say it was going to be fixed.

It IS a problem for YOU because YOU MAKE IT a problem.

I am a vampire, so my mana consumption can easily skyrocket, and it actually does even if I'm just solo questing.
    I almost never get to use my auto attack, I use skills even for killing mobs 40+ levels below me. I detest slow killing.
    I never really farm anything, I'm too lazy for that, and if by chance I come across any alchemy materials I'd rather sell them than turn them into pots. So I buy 90% of my pots from NPCs.

Yet I can run all the instances I want and if I use mp-regen drinks I only need to pull one pot every now and then... It's hardly even distracting... and hardly even costs anything, as long as you don't no-life it all day long...
    If they "fix" those regen "issues", then what's the reason for alchemy and cooking? What's the reason for foods, drinks and pots, regen recipes, mp-consumption talents and all such stuff? The whole game economy would just crumble, not to mention that the game would become just a long walk in the park...
    You can make good money and get good in the game just by focusing on farming, making and selling stuff that have to do with pots and food. It's a good alternative to the usual "kill mobs and then kill more mobs, and then sell the drops and then go back and kill some more mobs to get rich". Make the regen like in most MMOs and that is what FW will turn into...
    Besides, slow regen is one of the things adding to making the game what the devs wanted it to be: a casual game. They limit hardcore players from farming instances 24/7, because they simply can't afford the pots to do it, and so casual players don't get left behind too much. And PWE don't want all these casual players to get frustrated, ragequit and take their money off the game, so they will keep the regen as it is because it is actually making the game easier for casual players...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Calad - Illyfue
    Calad - Illyfue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    ... and hardcore players pressure said casual players into perhaps quitting anyway, with all the "use 50 pots so we'll do it 20 min faster" (so then you'll spend 30 min gathering items to make said pots again or money to buy them) routine.
  • Reichle - Eyrda
    edited May 2011
    ... and hardcore players pressure said casual players into perhaps quitting anyway, with all the "use 50 pots so we'll do it 20 min faster" (so then you'll spend 30 min gathering items to make said pots again or money to buy them) routine.

...how is that pressure? Pots are cheap cheap cheap and easy to make if you keep your eyes open while you're questing for mats. If you're so casual that you don't have money for pots...go play JD cuz FW aint for you o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Inferno <3
  • Lyzern - Illyfue
    edited May 2011
    when i saw OP said FW cs makes cser goes Overpowered i stopped reading

Lol you disagree? Just by the fact that the CSer can sell leaves to gold makes it overpowered since it's virtually infinite the money he can have just spending money irl. This always leads to: P2P gamers > > > > > F2P Gamers. Competition dies.

@ Luciferia

It doesn't kill the purpose of Alchemy and Cooking, I didn't ask them to raise the regen by 9001%, But if they reduced the skill costs it would make the game much smoother. Why am I even replying? You don't agree, probably one of the 1% pop that thinks that, but ok, it's your opinion.
    Pure Support Bard Guide:

• Reichle - Eyrda
    edited May 2011
    ^best OP evar. I love non-trolly OPs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Inferno <3
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    edited May 2011
    Why can't they just sell CS stuff that doesn't matter? Like chat smileys, fashion, mounts, silly masks...Sell fun stuff, not stuff that makes people with money "better" gamers than those without. Better meaning level faster, win PvP fights easier, better gear so better survival in instances...shame shame

Because Cash Shops selling OP items will almost always yield more profits than CSs selling just fashion and mounts, as long as they aren't so OP that almost everyone ragequits as a result.
    People able to spend loads of cash will of course be willing to spend a bit for some fancy stuff, but even billionaires won't just throw their money away for something that doesn't give them any substancial benefits - they are rich, not idiots. And once they got their mounts and fashion, there will probably be nothing more left to pay for, so unless there is an infinite amount of new players coming to the game (which is unlikely to happen) the game will soon die away because of lack of funds.
    But if those with money know they will have real benefits if they spend money in the game, they will be more willing to get their credit cards out and start paying. And it will be easier to persuade them to pay again and again, as there will always be something they can improve with cash. The total number of people playing the game will probably decrease, but as long as it is high enough for the game world not to feel deserted (so that CSers don't feel they're spending money on a dead game) the total income will increase.
    The publishing company just has to make the game balanced enough so that there isn't a massive amount of people ragequiting after realising they can't get anywhere without paying.
    In the end of the day, succesful games are those which bring profits. A game with the best gameplay and balance in the world will be the worst failure if it has to close down due to lack of income. And before anyone suggests that different CS models could be more succesful, let me just say this: Publishing companies know this, and they are not fools to let money slip out of their hands, but the fact that most of them still choose the same OP-Cashshops for their games after all these years means that they're usually better off with them.

Just so that you know, that's not just my opinion, it's pretty much the summary of a post from another MMO forum, by someone who once run a private server and tried both CS models to fund it. And at some point they had to switch to an OP CS to get the money coming, cause otherwise people wouldn't pay enough.

In short, as a completely free player, all I have to say is this: CSers can be as OP as they want, because after all they are paying so I can play for free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reichle - Eyrda
    edited May 2011
    In short, as a completely free player, all I have to say is this: CSers can be as OP as they want, because after all they are paying so I can play for free.

Me too! Why aren't you on Eyrda Luci come over heres <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Inferno <3
  • Avici - Eyrda
    Avici - Eyrda Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Lol you disagree? Just by the fact that the CSer can sell leaves to gold makes it overpowered since it's virtually infinite the money he can have just spending money irl. This always leads to: P2P gamers > > > > > F2P Gamers. Competition dies.

@ Luciferia

It doesn't kill the purpose of Alchemy and Cooking, I didn't ask them to raise the regen by 9001%, But if they reduced the skill costs it would make the game much smoother. Why am I even replying? You don't agree, probably one of the 1% pop that thinks that, but ok, it's your opinion.

i pity tht u didnt even take ur time to look deeper into the game system and instead judge by ur own common sense.Do u know how many cser in this game compare to free players?probably 2-3 for every 10 players in FW. Lets say csers can own with their gears pump up like u said.For what show off? 70% of pvp occurence here is group pvp and even with ur gears pimp up u still get owned by ganking/red hand. Not to mention the humiliation of being defeated by lower gears players. PvE? big deal cap is 60 now u got plenty of time to farm whatever u want till cap raise again
  • stupidfans
    stupidfans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011

@ Luciferia

Dude.. im not a CS'r either.. neither i do hav OP stuff.. but u gotta see it this way..

they can be as OP as THEY'r IRL WORK can take them... if u wanna be that OP.. go out IRL and get a great JOb that givs u tons of $$$ and burn them all in a game..

i would never do that myself on a game.. but im not complaining of ppl that does it..
    plus..

CS'rs are not as OP as how much they can Spend.. they'r still blocked by theyr own skills.. and im not talking abt ingame skills.. but the skills they have @ playing theyr char..

yesterday an undergeared/lvld Sin PWND! 2 of the biggest CS'r Protectors in duel.. im talking abt Protectors with Mastery trainings... full gear +9.. lvl 2 atk/hp/etc gems in all the gear.. and both were 60..
    and the Sin was only lvl 57.. and he still beat them both in Duel..

now.. if u giv me any of those chars to me.. i could totally **** any1 in 1v1 Duels.. but i guess they'r not as good as u might think.. just cus they cash shop..

PS.: one of the protectors have a purple lvl 45 boots +12.. wich add's a total of over 7k hp.. plus the gems.. so.. yeh.. very hardcore cs'r right there..
  • Xae - Illyfue
    Xae - Illyfue Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    You know, maybe you don't see the changes much because you're on it every day, but I've been away from quite some time (I played from Closed Beta phase 1 until Phase 3 and I created my character again yesterday) and I was amazed how much was changed. They really did a great job so far and ofcourse there are still lots of issues, but hey, it's OB and OB only started 2 months ago. I can't tell about the CS, I haven't noticed much about it, me still being a low level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum nickname: Melnii
    Closed Beta character: Mel
    Open Beta character: Xae

If I had you on my friendlist, feel free to add me again. If not, add me anyways. :3
  • Lyzern - Illyfue
    edited May 2011
    It really bugs me that whenever I try to make a serious thread in these forums there's always a bunch of trolls calling me "noob", "carebear", even "troll" for expressing my opinion in a non-offensive way to anyone except the company (The same company that ruined my favourite game by adding the -Int gear, not even mentioning the fish; so I'd say I have a right to dislike them. And before you troll me about this: APS made ranged DDers completely useless in Bosses on PWI, but let's get onto the topic).

Any CS that transforms real money into in-game money makes it unfair, because let's see it this way: A 20's year old living alone, has a job with a decent salary VS a rich kid that gets everything handed to him.
    The kid can make easily over 10d in a day by spending few (to him) money, while the 20 year old can only drop a % of his money in the game, meaning the kid will be able to get his gear upgraded way more than the 20 year old. In a game with a non-tradeable cash shop this wouldn't happen, simply because the kid would have limited options on where to use his money. And you can use the "LOLUMAD, IT'S ECONOMY TROLOLO" argument all you want. The problem* is that PWE gets the money, but doesn't do anything to improve the gameplay with it.

@ Stupidfans

It's very easy talking about getting a great job, hey, why don't we just build up a bar and get a bunch of profit... *wakes up* BLAST!

@ Xae Yeah, I've been playing <Name removed by some random moderator> and checking on FW news every week, but it's been like 2 months? since OBT and still nothing they promised on CB4, but YAYY we gonna get wedding feature :D

*And this is the real issue, the reason I made this thread.

Now let's stop talking about cash shop and start talking about the issues I mentioned please.
    Pure Support Bard Guide:

• Tsukiyo - Storm Legion
    Tsukiyo - Storm Legion Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    :| I make like 40+ sg (Guild base quests + dailies) a day and on NPC pots i spend around 6sg (99HP + 99MP) if i do a lot of gear instances or the event (EB) requires a lot of MP usage

Yeh pots are cheap cheap cheap. People need to learn how to manage their soul gold better. Farming mats for MP pots is a waste of time in my opinion XD HP pots are a different story though, i always make sure to pick up some violet clovers while farming for blue flax :p

Also to get money in a f2p game you gotta either have good merchanting skills or have $$$ to unload into the game. Pretty much accepted everywhere i would say.
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    edited May 2011
    Any CS that transforms real money into in-game money makes it unfair, because let's see it this way: A 20's year old living alone, has a job with a decent salary VS a rich kid that gets everything handed to him.
    The kid can make easily over 10d in a day by spending few (to him) money, while the 20 year old can only drop a % of his money in the game, meaning the kid will be able to get his gear upgraded way more than the 20 year old. In a game with a non-tradeable cash shop this wouldn't happen, simply because the kid would have limited options on where to use his money. And you can use the "LOLUMAD, IT'S ECONOMY TROLOLO" argument all you want. The problem* is that PWE gets the money, but doesn't do anything to improve the gameplay with it.

We 've been born in an unfair world, and there is little we can do to change that. History has proven that over and over again. MMOs are no different. It's easier to just accept things as they are and move forward. As I said, I have no problems with rich kids that spend tons of cash in the CS - they are paying so that me and everyone else not spending a dime in the game can have fun in it. In a way, they are the losers of the whole case, we all have fun and they get to pay the bill ;)
    See how viewing things from a slightly different angle makes them seem that much different?

As for non tradeable CS items: it wouldn't make that much of a difference, really. Still heavy CSers would have the upper hand on everything, they would just have to actually play the game a little bit more for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ouriel125
    ouriel125 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Your solution is to play P2P games. If you still haven't learned the lesson from F2P games, it's time to learn it now.

I can discuss about your third issue only since I didn't bother doing any PvP in this game.
    I was(yes, past sentence) a hunter and always when I entered a dungeon I was always spending more than 15+ potions so I can up my mana and thanks to the spell we have, I could save up some mana combining with the mana regen pot.
    This is an issue from the start of CB1 and on CB4 was promised that it will get fixed, but frankly, it didn't, mabe in future, but knows.
    As in other MMO's I played there was no such issue as the mana regen and HP regen.

However, I left the F2P games forever and don't plan to come back to them, unless they change their policy with the cash shop.
    I'm lurking into the forum now and then just to stay updated.

However again, your best choice is P2P games. You know that you are paying for the game and that that game will get updated more often than the F2P games.

*EDIT; This is one of the worst communities I've seen, if not the worst I've seen in MMO's. Hell, even WoW's community is way better than this and to be honest, WoW's community is getting better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RubyWep - Eyrda
    RubyWep - Eyrda Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    As a member of a lvl 5 guild and as a cash shopper I have to agree with the OP on the point that mana consumption still needs a reduction. I personally find it annoying how I have to be spamming pots almost as frequently as I spam my skills. The special mp pots that regem mp/hp every 5 seconds are truly helpful but certainly not everyone is either rich/lucky enough to get them.

The fact that I can buy spring of life and pots and make them too etc etc does not mean that the mana consumption of skills is justified. It is not. Furthermore mention was made that they would have been adjusted and they were not.

I feel for you OP because there is a group of players out there who will always find excuses for poor development. As someone who has played quite a few mmos and has supported them financially the trend is similar. Peoples concerns are written of as qqs until a point is reached where the game loses its player base due to one of those qqs. Usually all it would have taken was for the developers to address those concerns earlier.

Funny enough one othe mmos I left died due to developers refusal to listen to players qq. Another I know very very well did the opposite. They listened (though almost too late) and their game is now kicking ....... Sadly I had quit and deleted my char by then (as I said almost too late, in my case definitely too late).

As for the arena, its amazing what a well implemented pvp arena can do for an mmo. I am definitely anticipating the arrival if the person who posted earlier saying the CN version has it is correct.
  • Ringshot - Lionheart
    Ringshot - Lionheart Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well said RubyWep.

MY point of view on the whole mana issue is that development made the base assumption that EVERYONE will have mana regen drinks and EVERYONE will have pots. OBVIOUSLY the latter part of pots everyone does have reguardless if you buy from a vender or make yourself. THe thing with drinks is that the cook is extreamly stingy on giving out recipies it seems reguardless of the recipie. As such it will take a long time before these are so common that the original designs can be meet. Oh and LOL at only 15mana pots being used for an instance. I wish mine was that low. Truth is it's closer to 30 or so mana pots along with 15 or so mana drinks just to keep me runing. Those numbers subject to change based on instance and availablity to take breaks to refill with a drink instead of using a potion.

As to the whole arena things. /shrug whatever floats your boat. When I use to pvp heavly i would actually enjoy such a thing. As it is now I find more whiners pvp then actually adults(is not determined by age) that don't have to go into leet speak just because they won/loose a fight or insist that somene cheated/****/whatever because they lost.

To the previous person that mentioned about P2P being a solution. Well I will tell you my view point, not that it will change yours but just a perspective i have. A P2P game from a "cost" point of view (remember time is money) is cheaper for the person who has the time and is more "fair"(tm) because everyone is on an even playing field. Heck I would even go one step further and say those with lots of free time would actually excell in a P2P game because they have the step up on everyone. A F2P game on the other hand rewards the person that can spend cash to supliment the lack of play time. Basically giving a person an OPTION to avoid having to do mindless grinds and can just buy their way along. Some view this as cheating/pay to win/etc. The thing is they keep looking at it from a P2P game perspective when that is not what it is. It is a different model and things that are different are not the same. What I do find truely annoying/sading is that it "seems" that the F2P games are frankly just not on par with the P2P games that are out there. I mean honestly a F2P game makes tons more money then a P2P game of compairable effort yet it is the F2P game that feels more like a money grubbing endeaver. One major exception I see is surprizingly with FW in that in the actual game you can aquire alot of what is in the CS. Granted takes work but it is still possible.

Another model that i've seen that i actually enjoy is more of a hybrid model. One where there is a P2P subscription open along with a CS to supliment that. It basically allows one to play for free if one so desires but that road will be very long and tedious. It allows one to just run with the basics of a P2P game and continue at a decient pace or finially allows one to excellerate even that progress with additional use of the CS. I only ran across one game like that but I am sure there are more then that. The experience i had in that game was good, the major issue I had with it was lack of content and continue grinding of end game content so to speak.

I think in the end one just needs to find a model that they enjoy and then continue on with that. One person stated he was done with F2P games I can truely understand that, the model isn't for everyone. There are other models out there sadly we might/might not enjoy the game even if it is the right model. To those that are unhappy I just wish you luck in whatever game you do choose to go to. Since IMHO the whole point of playing games is to have fun. I don't see any point in staying in a game when it isn't fun. Atleast that's me. I know i've left a bunch of mmos to really never return to them. Rare exception was I had to go back to eq1 for nostaligic reasons. It was a great trip only played it for a month the 2nd time but quickly realized what I already knew so i left it again.
  • stupidfans
    stupidfans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    @ Stupidfans

It's very easy talking about getting a great job, hey, why don't we just build up a bar and get a bunch of profit... *wakes up* BLAST!

Then what are u complaining about?? u complain cus they have jobs and u dont??? cus some ppl have more money than u??? what tthe f....?? ._.

im from South America(Venezuela).. here in my country the transactions from my currency and $$ is restricted by the country.. so as u can imaging.. i can't freely get $$ to spend on games.. YET.. u don't see me making threads complaining cus all the NA players get easy acces to $$ to get Zen and i Dont..
    come back to fckin reallity.. life isn't Fair.. if ppl have the money.. why wouldnt they use it in what they want?? zzzz..

and Abt Mana.. Dudes.. u guys are playing a game where u HAVE MANA POTS.. and MANA FOOD..

go play an elf Mange in Lineage II.. and learn to administrate ur fckin mana.. FFS!
    ther's no Mana pots in there like there is here.. neither is a Mana Food..
    u guys complain and u'r in heaven compared to other MMos..
  • Ringshot - Lionheart
    Ringshot - Lionheart Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    stupidfans wrote: »
    go play an elf Mange in Lineage II.. and learn to administrate ur fckin mana.. FFS!
    ther's no Mana pots in there like there is here.. neither is a Mana Food..
    u guys complain and u'r in heaven compared to other MMos..

In a way i have to agree with this comment. Although alot of this revolves around balanceing and design of the game. In those games (cough like eq1) you had to sit on your duff to regenerate mana (later they added horses so you didn't have to sit to regen mana). Once your mana bar was used up ooh well thats all there is till you rest to get more. IN this game and others like it, the whole point of mana food and mana pots are part of the balancing that goes into the design. SOO if you feel you don't have enough mana part of it is you aren't using all of the tools that were created and expected of you to have. Like i said earlier I "believe" the dev's designed this game around everyone haveing mana regening food and mana pots. Although to be honest I am doing fine using normal mana food and mana pots so I might be misinterpreting their design. (not hard since i'm not them).

Interestingly enough it was things like this that made me really nastaligic to go back to EQ1. Frankly the class of player was different. Different game play, different dynamics, just different across the board. I won't use the word better because I don't believe it, just different.
  • ouriel125
    ouriel125 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    In a way i have to agree with this comment. Although alot of this revolves around balanceing and design of the game. In those games (cough like eq1) you had to sit on your duff to regenerate mana (later they added horses so you didn't have to sit to regen mana). Once your mana bar was used up ooh well thats all there is till you rest to get more. IN this game and others like it, the whole point of mana food and mana pots are part of the balancing that goes into the design. SOO if you feel you don't have enough mana part of it is you aren't using all of the tools that were created and expected of you to have. Like i said earlier I "believe" the dev's designed this game around everyone haveing mana regening food and mana pots. Although to be honest I am doing fine using normal mana food and mana pots so I might be misinterpreting their design. (not hard since i'm not them).

Interestingly enough it was things like this that made me really nastaligic to go back to EQ1. Frankly the class of player was different. Different game play, different dynamics, just different across the board. I won't use the word better because I don't believe it, just different.

The problem here is that you will need to spend the "whole" day farming mats for the alchemy and cooking, just so you have enough potions for one instance. This is not a balance at all. Also, I said I spend more than 15+ pots in instance and depends which one. Sometimes, I'm forced to spend 25+ pots while having to farm for them. This is far from balanced; it's a chore to farm mats, at least to me.
    (I don't play the game anymore, when I was playing.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Calad - Illyfue
    Calad - Illyfue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Ah, I like those games, forcing you to be really efficient, need to know the effectiveness of your skills in damage / MP or healing / MP terms, know how long to wait between casts to preserve debuffs on enemy without wasting mana by recasting too early, etc., and when you run out make sure there are no aggro enemies around, plop down on your butt and wait (read something, alt+tab and check your mail, actually get off your butt IRL and walk around the room) for a few mins till it all regens without using or costing anything, so what pots do exist are mainly for emergencies and moments when you want to challenge yourself and try to solo something you shouldn't be able to.
    Thing is that, though it's much more difficult since it wasn't designed for this, FW CAN be played like that as well, and I often do. In fact, practically always do when soloing, and the only instance I still go in is GT so soloing is most of the time anyway. But then you do end up in instances (game practically forcing you into them anyway) and, though many COULD be completeld, even if very slowly, with little to no pot/food/drink use, find that at best half the party, and quite often all 5 others, are rushers who want to get it over with asap, spam pots to fuel inefficient use of skills (unnecessary AoEs are biggest culprits, but far from the only ones) and scream at you for being lazy, ending up with what resulted in a part of that "2 per pillar" thread. (Oddly enough, despite getting **** for it here on the forums, only had two or three people ever complain about me in game during instances, so probably had more grats and praise at how I used my vamp when I had her in and things got tricky than complaints at how I use both of them the rest of the time.)

In all... The game has issues, but also a fair number of redeeming qualities, likely enough of the latter to put it way up around the very top of the f2p pecking order. The problem, more often than not, are the people playing it. Though, of course, being designed with such crazy pot/food/drink use and skill spamming despite the insane MP cost in mind, it does tend to attract a certain kind of player...
  • TheMagicPimp - Eyrda
    TheMagicPimp - Eyrda Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    @OP : You're an experienced ex-PWI player and had high expectations for FW? Naive is all I can say.

And about the cash shop :

Ofc they need to make money,I did charge little for PWI as well when I still liked the game & I might've kept doing it from time to time because it's not that hard to throw in 50$ every once in a while if you got a job,even if you're a student & only got a part time one IF they actually used towards the game.I actually consider this type of casual CS'ing fair for those who don't have as much time to play on their hands as others or just want to do other things with their time as well,I'd be some1 who'd fit on both of those categories because even when I have a lot of free time on my hands,I like to do other things besides just FW.I did feel bad about spending money,even if it wasn't much,on pixels but I just looked at it as spending money on food,drinks or w/e other form of entertainment such as going on a trip,etc.

Games like PWI and probably other PWE ones as well made a bunch of money of all their sales but guess what? They NEVER used it to fix/improve the game and eventually a lot of the heavy & casual CSers stopped charging completely and more & more of them started quitting.The only ones who still charge like crazy for that game are the ppl who want to be "virtual gods",as some of us call them,and are the ppl that companies like these feed on even with a very broken & "dead" game. Whenever they bring a sale that screws them over,they'll always be charging even more just so they can keep their "godly" status.It seems that these few "pixel gods" can't really make up for the loss of the smarter CSers that quit/stopped charging as their profits have dropped significantly.

While I do enjoy FW (at least for now),I don't plan on ever spending a dime on this game and while I did consider it a few times while thinking " Oh hey,maybe PWE has finally learned their lesson and will listen to it's playerbase as well as use all the $ they get from a game to improve it." I have yet to see them keep their promises so I had a wake up call & came back to earth.

There's a saying : "Fool me once,shame on you.Fool me twice,shame on me."

EDIT: I still have this thread bookmarked and will always keep it as it's totally legit : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282 shows how PWI has been ever for a long time now(it's worst now) and gives a funny & very true description of the types of people you will meet on the forums that would work for describing at least part of the community of any similar MMO,even if FW may not be in that broken state it atm.
  • Artaus - Storm Legion
    Artaus - Storm Legion Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Complaining about cash shop making things unbalanced in a F2P game?

Sorry, but this is quite funny.

Honestly FW is one of the MMOs in which the cash shop is the least intrusive and most balanced out there. If you think the CS makes things unbalanced, try games like LOTRO, where you have to pay even to go to the toilet.

Be happy that you actually have the *option* to pay or play for free. PWE has to make a profit, and they decidedly don't prod their users as much as other softco's.
  • TheMagicPimp - Eyrda
    TheMagicPimp - Eyrda Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2011

Be happy that you actually have the *option* to pay or play for free. PWE has to make a profit, and they decidedly don't prod their users as much as other softco's.

Hi,you must be new to PWE games.Come back & say that after a few months if you're still around,thx <3.
  • Artaus - Storm Legion
    Artaus - Storm Legion Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Hi,you must be new to PWE games.Come back & say that after a few months if you're still around,thx <3.

I've been playing PW for several months, both in the malaysian and the international versions. So no. Thx <3

Considering the content offered compared to the costs, and to what the CS items actually do, complaining about it is rather ridiculous.