How am I suppose to get this amount of g to buy my sets?

peaceoutloser
peaceoutloser Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
As a sin I need to buy god sets because they give attack bonuses which I need, but it seems the weapon for lvl 50 boss set costs like 1.40D. How am I suppose to get that much money? I tried doing Welkin but no one wanted me as a dps cause my lvl aren't high enough. Can someone help me:(
Post edited by peaceoutloser on

Comments

• Pieflavor - Storm Legion
    Pieflavor - Storm Legion Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    1.4d is totally overpriced even for a set weapon, just level a bit more and do welkins if they think your level is too low, or simply start doing midas touch to get enough money for it.
    <Sebestimated>
    GOT this title as Storm downtime compensation
  • Enjoyer - Storm Legion
    Enjoyer - Storm Legion Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I could live with 1.4 D LOL, and this sin i know in Storm bough his wep for maybe 40 gold ? Not sure cuz he said that 2 parts of the set costed him 65 gold. So its really overpriced , (or maybe the guy was just lucky O_O)
  • angelnova
    angelnova Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    the armor parts are way cheaper(20-25g)
    it's just the weapon that is expensive
  • Ringshot - Lionheart
    Ringshot - Lionheart Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I run by a simple principle. If you can't afford it then you don't need it. You "can" run with NC weapons they aren't the best but they are easily accessable. As time goes forward you can acumulate more gold to then buy the things that you want. Also realize 60 will be the cap for a while, no clue on exactly when that will change but not like you need to be in a rush to have the best of the best unless your level locked.
  • peaceoutloser
    peaceoutloser Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    If I use the ones from Nightmare Carnival which costs 1200 tokens then I will have no tokens left to spend for Recharging shards. Plus I don't want to waste my tokens getting a crappy weapon like the one I'm having right now.
  • Loli - Storm Legion
    Loli - Storm Legion Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    If I use the ones from Nightmare Carnival which costs 1200 tokens then I will have no tokens left to spend for Recharging shards. Plus I don't want to waste my tokens getting a crappy weapon like the one I'm having right now.

umm no one said that your supposed to have everything you ever want for your toon the moment you step into the harbor.

Sure spend token on the NC weapon and guess what? Do it more to get more tokens for shards. Its called playing the game not instant gratification. If an item costs 1diamond+ then save for it until you have it.

Have patience.

Less QQ and more PEW PEW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PugnusDei - Storm Legion
    PugnusDei - Storm Legion Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    As a sin I need to buy god sets because they give attack bonuses which I need, but it seems the weapon for lvl 50 boss set costs like 1.40D. How am I suppose to get that much money? I tried doing Welkin but no one wanted me as a dps cause my lvl aren't high enough. Can someone help me:(

IMO, some people have decided to use the AH as a short term "bank". Because if they stick stuff in there with a ridiculous price on 48 hour auction, then no one will buy. When it fails to sell, it gets moved out into their AH holding bag. This tactic will permit people to hold more items than their bank will hold. So if you see something way overpriced it is, I suspect, someone playing this game.
  • Jadedsoul - Lionheart
    Jadedsoul - Lionheart Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    IMO, some people have decided to use the AH as a short term "bank". Because if they stick stuff in there with a ridiculous price on 48 hour auction, then no one will buy. When it fails to sell, it gets moved out into their AH holding bag. This tactic will permit people to hold more items than their bank will hold. So if you see something way overpriced it is, I suspect, someone playing this game.

With that being said, the receipt area can only hold but so much........... Why not sell the item at a price it will sell at and just buy the stash expansions from the npc ( if ppl on your servers are greedy like on mine and try charging 11-15g per stash expansion) Then it is a win/win situation for everyone
  • Ringshot - Lionheart
    Ringshot - Lionheart Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2011

FYI: there are other ways to aquire recharging shards. For example the cheating Lola quest, 1x time in WC or WC2 will give you recharging quests. Yes this takes effort, but it is also free. Of course there is always the instant gratification way of just spending some real $$'s and using the CS.

Also just a little heads up, those recharging shards will only work for so long on your 50+ or 60+ gear till your having to use stars. Really it comes down to how high of a refine you go. Heck you might not even notice. I noticed because inorder to get the refineing achievement I needed a level 50-59 item to be to level 9 refinement. Even with 8 stars it is possible to fail it. >.< Had a guildie fail his refine. Needless to say he wasn't very happy.

As to the "crappy" weapon comment. Well you might consider it crappy, but it is still better then the one you have now. SOO umm yea, your choice what you do. Good luck with whatever path you choose to take.
  • Ginius - Illyfue
    Ginius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Lazy ppl are lazy...

If you're not high enough for Welkin, then just farm stuff in AOS and sell them.
    QQing because you don't have the best weapon (or one of the best) right when you hit lvl 50.. damn I had my lvl 30 set weap until lvl 53 and I was still out dpsing most of the player I was playing with.

Now I got a pretty nice stuff due to a lot of farming in AOS/Welkin, just go and farm, it's not that hard..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • Anaksha - Eyrda
    Anaksha - Eyrda Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    As a sin I need to buy god sets

Reroll.
    If you think ANY (Under 50) of the assassin sets are good, you need to uninstall/reroll.
    That is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Anaksha
    Class: Assassin
    Guild: Condotta [Condottieri]
  • Rockbridge - Storm Legion
    Rockbridge - Storm Legion Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Wow, 1.4D now that is what I call overpriced. I would probably sell it for about 50g at the most if I found it.

Anyways, the best way to get the weapon is to spam welkin over and over. Find a good guild willing to help out and you will accomplish 5/5 runs easy. If you are indeed level 50, there shouldn't be that big of a problem finding a group eventually. Sins have good dps on the bosses which is actually more important than AoE dps in Welkin.

There isn't a huge difference between that and the NC weapon anyways and like others have said if you really wants something you have to work for it. Hell I want Solarflare III on all my gear but I probably won't get it anytime soon.
    <Honey Badger>
    Cause I don't care.