Why do parties need bards?

jerbearr
jerbearr Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Bard Discussion
When a party is LF bard, what skills/talents are they LF in particular?
(I am a noob, not trolling lol)
Post edited by jerbearr on

Comments

• Jigglypuff - Eyrda
    Jigglypuff - Eyrda Posts: 605 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    doesnt really matter wich tree you are. they need you for youre aoe heal and youre buffs. Unless they are douches that want only light bards you will have no problem.
  • Pieflavor - Storm Legion
    Pieflavor - Storm Legion Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    if you plan on mass dying you need a bard lvl 55+ to use the aoe ressurect, then you need his AoE heal if your party's tank is incompetent enough to not being able to hold aggro from bosses or mobs or if the bosses have global AoE
    <Sebestimated>
    GOT this title as Storm downtime compensation
  • Jigglypuff - Eyrda
    edited April 2011
    if you plan on mass dying you need a bard lvl 55+ to use the aoe ressurect, then you need his AoE heal if your party's tank is incompetent enough to not being able to hold aggro from bosses or mobs or if the bosses have global AoE

i want that aoe ressurect....what bard had that? cause thats a hax i think me wanna!!
  • Ravnika - Storm Legion
    Ravnika - Storm Legion Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Bards do not have an AoE resurrection, just an in-combat resurrection.

They are also probably looking for your AoE heal (as the quoted person mentioned) and for you to run your Attack Up (C-C-E) and Defense Up (D-D-E) buffs.

Also, you might want to be prepared to use Divine Comedy if the party doesn't have an AoE'r and mobs are getting out of hand.
  • Carnwennan - Storm Legion
    Carnwennan - Storm Legion Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Ravnika is so right~ Divine Comedy has been a lifesaver for squads I've been in. If you learn to time it just right with the mage's AoE skills, it'll provide you with a smoother run as well. AoE Damage, quick pause, Divine Comedy....yay for extra cooldown for an additional AoE attack!
  • Jigglypuff - Eyrda
    edited May 2011
    only at welking is when you need to do divine comedy everything else is just OH **** moments
  • Tsukiyo - Storm Legion
    Tsukiyo - Storm Legion Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Even in welkin a protector can use rocky or a mage can AoE freeze + kite.

Bards are there for their buffs and AoE heal. The ideal support class, they really make runs so much faster.
  • Jigglypuff - Eyrda
    edited May 2011
    still when i do welking with a mage and mm and i ask sleep or aoe they choose sleep everytime, its just easyer, because wait till the priest get targeted just before boss spawns mobs, thats a long time that youll lose
  • Tsukiyo - Storm Legion
    Tsukiyo - Storm Legion Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    lol of course i'm picking sleep, its faster that way. I'm usually waiting to AoE though once sleep wears off and boss isn't dead. I'm just mentioning alternatives done when a bard isn't around/mobs mobbed the bard first before he could sleep