Collecting level 6 botany herbs?

enuna
enuna Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Beginner's Guide
So my botany has been level 6 for a while, but somehow, myself and some others I've met aren't able to collect any of the level 6 herbs despite this. Is there a level requirement or special tool? Mousing over the herbs, it says only a Garden Shovel--spade (which is in my inventory) is required; nothing more specific, but when I try to collect the herbs it says I don't have the correct tool.

Any help would be greatly appreciated; thanks! ^_^
Post edited by enuna on

Comments

• IMBALANZE - Lionheart
    IMBALANZE - Lionheart Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    tried getting to botany tutor and level it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
    drama aren't far from this siggy
  • enuna
    edited April 2011
    When I go to the botany tutor, she only gives me the option to "Buy Supplies," and only sells the same spade I already have.
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    it may be a level quest that needs to be done, and you haven't hit the level requirement yet
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • Distro - Storm Legion
    Distro - Storm Legion Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Not sure 100%, but i think you need a garden shovel from guild base to gather lvl6+ herbs.
  • enuna
    edited April 2011
    Okay, thanks; I just am wanting to know what it is, specifically. o-o I can't seem to find it in our guild base, as of yet, so maybe when the guild unlocks more stuff? Thanks for your answers, everyone. If anyone knows for sure, please post; thank you very much. ^_^
  • Pieflavor - Storm Legion
    Pieflavor - Storm Legion Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You need an advanced garden shovel from the guild base lv2, the garden building, be careful as these tools cqn break when used
    <Sebestimated>
    GOT this title as Storm downtime compensation
  • enuna
    edited April 2011
    Thank you very much! ^_^
  • PugnusDei - Storm Legion
    PugnusDei - Storm Legion Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You need an advanced garden shovel from the guild base lv2, the garden building, be careful as these tools cqn break when used
    Are you saying that there is a job such that, if you don't belong to a guild, you can't level it past a certain point?
  • Sesshou - Eyrda
    Sesshou - Eyrda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Are you saying that there is a job such that, if you don't belong to a guild, you can't level it past a certain point?

This goes for all jobs lol
  • Distro - Storm Legion
    Distro - Storm Legion Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2011

you must not just belong to guild, guild must have guild base too.
  • PugnusDei - Storm Legion
    PugnusDei - Storm Legion Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    you must not just belong to guild, guild must have guild base too.
    Right. That just stinks. I mean it really does. Because it totally discriminates against the casual player, and against those players who work for a living who may play intensely for a periods, but have to take "time off" from the game for weeks at a time. If there is a "worst feature" of FW, I nominate this one. Because everything else can be worked around, but not this one. And there is no valid reason for it, it is completely arbitrary.
  • XDeity - Storm Legion
    XDeity - Storm Legion Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I thought any player could go to guild bases:confused:

...unless they changed it while I wasn't looking, you can teleport to any guild base by some...teleporting...stone...thing..............know what I'll just post the link:

http://forsakenworldhq.com/2011/01/guild-base-1-0-guide-walkthrough/chapter/2/

As I understand it having non-guild members buy stuff (such as that special tool I reckon) is a way your guild makes money. So fear not this is not a 'worst feature' candidate:p
  • edira
    edira Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Oh but it is the worst feature candidate... you can visit the guild base alright (and also pay an entrance fee too) but if the guild that the base belongs to hasn't activated the vendor for non-guild-members, you won't get anything from him...

I don't know what the requirements are for the guild to activate the vendor for non-guild-members, but on the german server Dyos the guilds that have a base aren't far enough advanced for non-members to buy anything... already tried to buy something there and only got an error message. So after all I paid the entrance fee in vain.

Also, when I look at this from the perspective of the guildowner, it would be pretty stupid to activate the feature for non-members if I could sell the materials and recipes overpriced in the auction house.
    At the moment the lv5 alchemy recipe to recover 3000 MP is offered on Dyos in the auction house for about 4 gold bid and 15 gold buy out... I don't know where these recipes come from and who sells them (the seller sells them anonymously), but considering the only source I know of for them are guild bases it has to be someone from a guild with base.... :/
    Server: Dyos - Kindred Fire Mage
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cashshopno
    cashshopno Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    edira wrote: »
    Oh but it is the worst feature candidate... you can visit the guild base alright (and also pay an entrance fee too) but if the guild that the base belongs to hasn't activated the vendor for non-guild-members, you won't get anything from him...

I don't know what the requirements are for the guild to activate the vendor for non-guild-members, but on the german server Dyos the guilds that have a base aren't far enough advanced for non-members to buy anything... already tried to buy something there and only got an error message. So after all I paid the entrance fee in vain.

Also, when I look at this from the perspective of the guildowner, it would be pretty stupid to activate the feature for non-members if I could sell the materials and recipes overpriced in the auction house.
    At the moment the lv5 alchemy recipe to recover 3000 MP is offered on Dyos in the auction house for about 4 gold bid and 15 gold buy out... I don't know where these recipes come from and who sells them (the seller sells them anonymously), but considering the only source I know of for them are guild bases it has to be someone from a guild with base.... :/

I hope nobodies buying those alchemy recipes. You'd have to way to use them since they require lvl5 flasks available only from guild bases also.
  • Pieflavor - Storm Legion
    Pieflavor - Storm Legion Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    yes you cannot buy anything from bases and afaik guild leaders doesn't know yet how to turn it on for free vending.

now you use soul coins to buy these supplies so they automatically become bound to you, but if you use gold coins instead (using a new char) you can buy them down unbound and sell them on AH, the thing is, it costs gold already to buy them, and most if not all the times it won't sell at AH, so it's a better idea to open the vending to all public, besides, every purchase made in guild base hasa percentatge of tax that goes into the guild base funds, so it's even a more win situation.

but as I said, nobody knows how to let others buy things from your base.
    <Sebestimated>
    GOT this title as Storm downtime compensation
  • sanocha
    sanocha Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Does someone knows what it is for?the Garden Planetoid in the Guild Base when Chief Botanist teleport you there. I've been teleported there and there is only two plants in it (lvl 6 - Mystery Plant and lvl 7 - Alien Plant). the whole s[ace is round and really small. it's easy to fall dawn. I do not understand what should i do with it? Can i farm something there or something? and if so, then HOW?
    thanks for the help.
  • Falchoir - Lionheart
    Falchoir - Lionheart Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    From what I understand, it's just another place in the base to collect herbs.

Also, be careful of necroposting.
    **Gone home to Tales Forum- follow at your own risk. T'was a good run, FW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    this spot in memory of my sister, who left after what was supposed to be a haven became a hell.
    I do not ask that we be worshipped or adored; all I ask is that you do not hate us.

Larale: Divine Priest - Falune: Light Bard - Falraine: Water Bard
This discussion has been closed.