Cap for Crit Chance and Crit DMG ?

Terrorian - Illyfue
Terrorian - Illyfue Posts: 21 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
Hi anyone knows if there is a cap for critical chance and critical damage?
Post edited by Terrorian - Illyfue on
<World Shaper> Closed Beta Phase 4 Player

Comments

• Lashen - Eyrda
    Lashen - Eyrda Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Theory crafting time!

You have a base crit rate chance of 8% as a player, you can socket two Goldspark gem level 5 @ 8% crit chance each.

Your total crit chance so far is 24%

You can get 3% crit chance as a pet buff as well as up to 2% crit chance (with crafting bonus) per each item of gear (8 pieces = 16%).

Your total crit chance so far is 43%

You can get the prayer buff which will give 12-18% crit chance, although this is not part of your build and shouldn't be counted.

Some skills have a base crit chance modifier to provide higher crit rates with certain skills.

In Mentor GT you get a large crit rate buff (around 30%?) and the dark tower will provide further crit rate.

Essentially it's possible to get 100% crit rate under certain circumstances (Advanced mentor GT with crit strike prayer buff). In the field, you're not likely to get above 25% base crit rate even after significant investment in gems.

To put it into context though, if a Goldspark level 1 costs 25 gold then a level 5 would cost over 150 diamonds each.
    Cuz You Sebestimated Me.
  • Terrorian - Illyfue
    edited April 2011
    ok thx alot..so there is no cap right? you can put as much as you can ...ty alot..
  • carowe27
    carowe27 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    edit:

mentor mode gives 60% crit chance in GT

can only have lvl 4 gems for now. even though the GM posted thread showing off lvl 5 gems for wings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BobZeConqu - Eyrda
    BobZeConqu - Eyrda Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Mentor gt gives you a 30% buff per low level player in party.
  • Pieflavor - Storm Legion
    Pieflavor - Storm Legion Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Mentor gt gives you a 30% buff per low level player in party.

this is right, each low level gives a 30% chance buff, don't know the max, I got as much as 60%
    <Sebestimated>
    GOT this title as Storm downtime compensation
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Theory crafting time!

You have a base crit rate chance of 8% as a player, you can socket two Goldspark gem level 5 @ 8% crit chance each.

Your total crit chance so far is 24%

You can get 3% crit chance as a pet buff as well as up to 2% crit chance (with crafting bonus) per each item of gear (8 pieces = 16%).

Your total crit chance so far is 43%

You can get the prayer buff which will give 12-18% crit chance, although this is not part of your build and shouldn't be counted.

Some skills have a base crit chance modifier to provide higher crit rates with certain skills.

In Mentor GT you get a large crit rate buff (around 30%?) and the dark tower will provide further crit rate.

Essentially it's possible to get 100% crit rate under certain circumstances (Advanced mentor GT with crit strike prayer buff). In the field, you're not likely to get above 25% base crit rate even after significant investment in gems.

To put it into context though, if a Goldspark level 1 costs 25 gold then a level 5 would cost over 150 diamonds each.

Wow, nice analysis. I love long series of numbers:)

But you do have some big prices in Eyrda. Goldsparks sell for 8g here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MightyMouse - Storm Legion
    MightyMouse - Storm Legion Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Wow, nice analysis. I love long series of numbers:)

But you do have some big prices in Eyrda. Goldsparks sell for 8g here.

Holy Jeebus 25g for a goldspark o.O its 8g here too highest i've seen was 14g lol
  • OFWGKTA - Eyrda
    OFWGKTA - Eyrda Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    theory Crafting Time!

You Have A Base Crit Rate Chance Of 8% As A Player, You Can Socket Two Goldspark Gem Level 5 @ 8% Crit Chance Each.

Your Total Crit Chance So Far Is 24%

You Can Get 3% Crit Chance As A Pet Buff As Well As Up To 2% Crit Chance (with Crafting Bonus) Per Each Item Of Gear (8 Pieces = 16%).

Your Total Crit Chance So Far Is 43%

You Can Get The Prayer Buff Which Will Give 12-18% Crit Chance, Although This Is Not Part Of Your Build And Shouldn't Be Counted.

Some Skills Have A Base Crit Chance Modifier To Provide Higher Crit Rates With Certain Skills.

In Mentor Gt You Get A Large Crit Rate Buff (around 30%?) And The Dark Tower Will Provide Further Crit Rate.

Essentially It's Possible To Get 100% Crit Rate Under Certain Circumstances (advanced Mentor Gt With Crit Strike Prayer Buff). In The Field, You're Not Likely To Get Above 25% Base Crit Rate Even After Significant Investment In Gems.

To Put It Into Context Though, If A Goldspark Level 1 Costs 25 Gold Then A Level 5 Would Cost Over 150 Diamonds Each.

So Much Cash Shop Makes Me Wonder Why I Even Chose A Sin.
    OFLelouch - I GET SCRUBS MAD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lashen - Eyrda
    Lashen - Eyrda Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    That's an insane price difference between PvE and PvP servers, although I can understand why it has happened.

As a Warrior with my current tree, if I'm to crit with my second hit on Thunder slash it provides a stun for 4 seconds. That's beastly in PvP, can often make the difference of winning or losing. So the value of crit rate suddenly goes up.

In PvE while you have GvG your main reason for crit rate would be to deal more damage to mobs? In that scenario, stunning a mob for 4 seconds with a lucky crit strike isn't a make or break deal, I suspect the value would go up quite a bit if bosses were stunnable though.
    Cuz You Sebestimated Me.
  • TheMagicPimp - Eyrda
    TheMagicPimp - Eyrda Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    As a Warrior with my current tree, if I'm to crit with my second hit on Thunder slash it provides a stun for 4 seconds.That's beastly in PvP, can often make the difference of winning or losing. So the value of crit rate suddenly goes up.

Lol....tell me about it. I had fights vs edge sins & elemental warriors getting them down to 10% hp while being at 60-70% and ended up dying to them thx to those stun-crits -.-
  • ZeroBuster - Lionheart
    ZeroBuster - Lionheart Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    100% Crit Chance WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
  • Terrorian - Illyfue
    edited April 2011
    i think critical build is the way for all classes... criticlal chance + critical damage+ mastery attack...thats how i will go
  • Pawned - Eyrda
    Pawned - Eyrda Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Hi anyone knows if there is a cap for critical chance and critical damage?

72724155v7_225x225_Front.jpg

This what you mean?
  • terrorian
    terrorian Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    72724155v7_225x225_Front.jpg

This what you mean?

spam ? :|
  • stupidfans
    stupidfans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i got 135% crit Chance in Mentor GT