The N00B Effect

XTatsu - Eyrda
XTatsu - Eyrda Posts: 143 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Community Tavern

This video makes me LOL and I figured I should share it. With all the QQ'ing I see on the forums about people going into pug runs that fail, or failing at PvP and having some lame excuse as to why they failed; I think this video hits the spot and I couldn't agree more with it. Enjoy :3
Post edited by XTatsu - Eyrda on
[SIGPIC]TATSU ROCKS[/SIGPIC]
...........Guild:ELYSIUM
...........Talent:DARK

"U Mad" Annoys me. "Bro" annoys me even more. I'm female and you'll damn right be able to tell if I'm mad.

Comments

• Waterfal - Illyfue
    Waterfal - Illyfue Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Hehe.. I guess I'm even more amazed by the fact that guy talks that fast.... but I like the vid ;D
    pew pew pew ^-^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Korey - Illyfue
    Korey - Illyfue Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Hehe.. I guess I'm even more amazed by the fact that guy talks that fast.... but I like the vid ;D

So, you haven't watched anything from Zero Punctuation then ?
    Correct that mistake....NOW ! :D

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation
    RedGuard Guild Leader.

Visit us at : redguard.eu

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pieflavor - Storm Legion
    Pieflavor - Storm Legion Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    So anything with storyline is a book or anything with graphics is automatically a movie? I agree that these things are less meaningful in a game but they're still meaningful, otherwise we'd be stuck with pacman nowadays.
    <Sebestimated>
    GOT this title as Storm downtime compensation
  • Waterfal - Illyfue
    edited April 2011
    So, you haven't watched anything from Zero Punctuation then ?
    Correct that mistake....NOW ! :D

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation

I started clicking on more vids after seeing that one :D I like them x'D
    pew pew pew ^-^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XTatsu - Eyrda
    XTatsu - Eyrda Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Same. I got to the point where I was like... "OMG I LOVE THIS GUY" and spent a few well wasted hours watching everything :D

He's a very, very funny game critic :) Worth the watch when you're fishing in-game or autopathing :)
    [SIGPIC]TATSU ROCKS[/SIGPIC]
    ...........Guild:ELYSIUM
    ...........Talent:DARK

"U Mad" Annoys me. "Bro" annoys me even more. I'm female and you'll damn right be able to tell if I'm mad.
  • Waterfal - Illyfue
    edited April 2011
    The critiques he has on games I actually play... I almost fell off my chair laughing on how true some things are...

Per example I play torchlight every now and then...

"torchlight is a steam game and I wouldn't hold your breath for consoleport 'cause it would lose a lot of the atmosphere as you wouldn't be able to hear all your mousebutton clicking about 50 times per second"

hell it's so true... :D

wish he would do a review of pwi or fw :D I would most likely die laughing... x'D
    pew pew pew ^-^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neoyoshi
    neoyoshi Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    So anything with storyline is a book or anything with graphics is automatically a movie? I agree that these things are less meaningful in a game but they're still meaningful, otherwise we'd be stuck with pacman nowadays.

I think his points are overly embellished for the sake of entertainment but i can see where he is coming from, i see some games now-a-days that ride it's content out on the tail of hours and hours of semi-interactive cut-scenes.(Metal gear solid 4) - being a great example, despite being a die hard fan of it.

While others games milk the cow so ridiculous hard the audience get's about an hour or two of real game-play enjoyment and then it's over (Portal 2)

This is either the developers just simply becoming more visually and creatively involved with what they are crafting that they often forget that they are making a game to please an audience and to keep them busy for a good week or two, or that they simply do not care to know what we want anymore.

• Eating - Eyrda
    Eating - Eyrda Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Tatsu <3<3
    [SIGPIC]EATING - MAGE - ELYSIUM[/SIGPIC]