PVE Vampire

bloodyhorizon
bloodyhorizon Posts: 4 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Vampire Discussion
I am completely new, and was wondering which type of vampire would be best for pve. If there is already a thread about this, could someone please link me? I just need a standard pve build that I can customize from.
Post edited by bloodyhorizon on

Comments

• MieuyChan - Illyfue
    MieuyChan - Illyfue Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Blood tree, simple as that ;)
  • bloodyhorizon
    edited April 2011
    I don't want to be a support, I want to solo pve. The blood tree seems to be for a support class. I want a vamp that can solo farm, aoe, and solo bosses.
  • MieuyChan - Illyfue
    MieuyChan - Illyfue Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    solo bosses.. lol? If you mean elite's they are no problem for a blood vamp.

Blood vamp is the best tree for a solo pve build, period.
  • Pieflavor - Storm Legion
    Pieflavor - Storm Legion Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I switched from blood to inferno, I must say, inferno only shines in long fights, whilst blood is an all around for every situation.

I never tried dark so I can't have an opinion about that one.
    <Sebestimated>
    GOT this title as Storm downtime compensation
  • bloodyhorizon
    edited April 2011
    Am I correct in assuming that seed of life is not a self heal? If I am going blood, I don't want to waste points in a skill that helps other people, rather than me.
  • Pieflavor - Storm Legion
    Pieflavor - Storm Legion Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It works the same way as dark contract, it can be casted on yourself
    <Sebestimated>
    GOT this title as Storm downtime compensation
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Am I correct in assuming that seed of life is not a self heal? If I am going blood, I don't want to waste points in a skill that helps other people, rather than me.

Best thing about seed of life is not that it heals, but that it has a very high chance of activating vampire form. Cast it on yourself, on your pet (or on someone just passing by for that matter;)) when in less than 50% hp and half the time vamp form will pop up.

Blood vampires are the best class/tree combination for solo PVE, simply because with some sensible chosing in talents and gear, they are essentially off-tanks that can heal themselves and deal respectable damage at the same time. They are an one-man army. Nothing that can beat that when solo PVEing, period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bloodyhorizon
    edited April 2011
    Thank you for all the help. .)
  • Reichle - Eyrda
    Reichle - Eyrda Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I switched from blood to inferno, I must say, inferno only shines in long fights, whilst blood is an all around for every situation.

I never tried dark so I can't have an opinion about that one.

I disagree. If blood is good for PvE because of the versatility, Inferno is good because of the damage. Even if infernos kill slow (which they don't, even without the DoTs) there's skills further down the tree that remedy that.

Also Dark could work for PvE as well, if you like stuns. It all depends on what you like about PvE. If you like being able to heal yourself quickly while still having full damage, go Blood. If you like killing quickly from damage (DoTs used on bosses/mini-bosses), go Inferno. If you like stunning so you won't be touched, go Dark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Inferno <3
  • TheMagicPimp - Eyrda
    TheMagicPimp - Eyrda Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2011

It does help others but it helps you a lot as well,no reason not to get it.Blood's best at solo PVE & supporting others. Inferno will obviously do more dmg over time thought so if best at solo'ing = DMG to you,might as well spec that.