What is the sense of base?

semorena2
semorena2 Posts: 20 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
Heh i thought only few max 20 guild will be able to get base.And when they would lost players or cash they would lost base for other new guilds.Yday i noticed that more and more guilds are buying bases.That lost its sense.When every guild can have their own base this rly have no sense.Every guild will be same and ordinary after some time.That sucks in my opinion.
I thinked about smth like strongest guys can have base an rest can dream bout it until they some guild lose it or win it at war or something.
Now when every guild can have own base its like pff what a boring s...t.
In my opinion you ruined one of the most fascinating parts of the game by making available guild base for all guilds at server.
Post edited by semorena2 on

Comments

• Korey - Illyfue
    Korey - Illyfue Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    semorena2 wrote: »
    Heh i thought only few max 20 guild will be able to get base.And when they would lost players or cash they would lost base for other new guilds.Yday i noticed that more and more guilds are buying bases.That lost its sense.When every guild can have their own base this rly have no sense.Every guild will be same and ordinary after some time.That sucks in my opinion.
    I thinked about smth like strongest guys can have base an rest can dream bout it until they some guild lose it or win it at war or something.
    Now when every guild can have own base its like pff what a boring s...t.
    In my opinion you ruined one of the most fascinating parts of the game by making available guild base for all guilds at server.

Read my topic a few posts down.
    You can't advance in alchemy/cooking etc. if you don't own a guild base. In that case, there should be available guild bases for all guilds that can achieve the needed requirements and are able to support the guild fee daily.

What you want will basically cut 90% of the server population from viable parts of the gameplay. And don't go about "Well they should join some UBERWTFPWN guild", because each guild has a limit on members, you can't house the whole server in 10 guilds :P

So yes, the design that every capable guild should be able to get a guild base is good and valid. What you want is not.
    RedGuard Guild Leader.

Visit us at : redguard.eu

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • youniverse
    youniverse Posts: 75
    edited April 2011
    limiting the number of guild bases would be unfair for the community. the challange here is not getting a base but rather leveling it and keeping up with maintenance. if you have a dedicated group of people there should be no reason why you can't have a guild base. if you don't have an active guild you will loose it anyway even if you manage to get it in the first place.
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Besides, not all guild bases are the same. Top guilds that have enough active members and money can afford to build stuff in their bases that smaller guilds could never have enough funds to sustain...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    the idea of higher guilds having to fight off challenges day in and day out to keep a base or having guilds that don't have bases fight a superior guild for their base is stupid. i mean seriously if a guild that doesn't have a base and doesn't have have 105 members faces a guild that has like 150 members for the base the former will get obliterated by the latter
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • Darksiren - Storm Legion
    Darksiren - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Besides, not all guild bases are the same. Top guilds that have enough active members and money can afford to build stuff in their bases that smaller guilds could never have enough funds to sustain...

^ This is the most important fact.

Yes all guilds can have a base, and that allows them to have access to higher lvl craft supplies and the like. But it costs so much to maintain the structures within the base, you need a high level and very active guild to sustain a big and versatile base, meanwhile the small and low activity guilds only have access the the more basic functions. This also affects the appearance of the base, the big guilds will have lots of building, the low guilds will have an barren plot of (floating) land.
  • semorena2
    semorena2 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    in all my posts i get so many replies i should get here a admin or smth haha:D