were you born bad ?

get real and get some pots

word to ya mother
Post edited by VC - Eyrda on

Comments

• Sesshou - Eyrda
    Sesshou - Eyrda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    cuz there are some classes that run out of mp b4 the mob even if killed... lol

i got a WR and i burn 20-50 pots killing 10-20mobs... thats why the mp cost is being complained on. But i dont complain, i just normal hit instead lol
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    cuz there are some classes that run out of mp b4 the mob even if killed... lol

i got a WR and i burn 20-50 pots killing 10-20mobs... thats why the mp cost is being complained on. But i dont complain, i just normal hit instead lol

Get a good MP-regen recipe from the AH and you won't have to worry again about your mp...
    Start using your gold for useful things people...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sesshou - Eyrda
    Sesshou - Eyrda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Get a good MP-regen recipe from the AH and you won't have to worry again about your mp...
    Start using your gold for useful things people...

Got it, dun use it much... im lazy.

And tbh i rather save up gold for gear etc, cuz im lazy there aswell. + got a guild to run, takes some gold there too.
  • Valini - Eyrda
    Valini - Eyrda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The issue with the mp cost is that skills eat up way too much mana and mana regen is near non-existent.
    Yes sure, you have the mp regen foods that help with this issue somewhat and yes you have the healer npc in town that will gladly give you a nice heal.

The thing is, there is no free way of getting this mana back. Its either you waste time on gathering mats for pots/foods, or waste money for recipes on these items (if you're not lucky getting the recipes from the dailies). And chances are, you'll waste pots on trying to get a hold of mats that drop from mobs.
    Overall, it's not very efficient. A mediation skill of some sort would at least help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "U are an arrogant person, who thinks to be the best,
    who thinks u can correct things on ppl, even without knowin who u talk to." -some nub
    Damn right desu~
  • AmorteAmore - Eyrda
    AmorteAmore - Eyrda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I agree,having no MP regen is ridiculous. This game is almost unplayable because of that simple fact. Why should I have to buy 1000 mp pots or farm for mats all day for simple potions? This is another simple fix that they must do!
  • Terrorian - Illyfue
    Terrorian - Illyfue Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    as a mage i cant tell...mana usage is huuuge and another thing..mana regeneration sux hard...lets hope they will fix at least mana regen.
    <World Shaper> Closed Beta Phase 4 Player
  • MieuyChan - Illyfue
    MieuyChan - Illyfue Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    "cry me a river."

~Justin Timberlake.
  • Valini - Eyrda
    edited April 2011
    "cry me a river."

~Justin Timberlake.

"mana regen sux hard in this game."

~Benjamin Franklin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    who thinks u can correct things on ppl, even without knowin who u talk to." -some nub
    Damn right desu~
  • das7002
    das7002 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    "mana regen sux hard in this game."

~Benjamin Franklin

I don't even...
  • Evangeline - Eyrda
    Evangeline - Eyrda Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    VC - Eyrda wrote: »
    were you born bad ?

word to ya mother

because we spent something like 9000+ pots for day?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Valini - Eyrda
    edited April 2011
    das7002 wrote: »
    I don't even...

"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"
    ~George Washington
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Damn right desu~
  • Kantaryo - Storm Legion
    Kantaryo - Storm Legion Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    were you born bad ?

word to ya mother

Facepalm_Cat___Motivational_by_L4D2_fan.jpg
    "Someone who never met God on Earth, would never meet Him in space".

Yuri Gagarin

=======================================
    I am the Sebestimator
  • Thorvald - Shylia
    Thorvald - Shylia Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    spend your soul coins on mana pots by Remedy Dealer. That's all they are worth for when you reach lvl 40+.
  • Onryo - Eyrda
    Onryo - Eyrda Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I seem to do ok with just farming lotus everyday and making my own pots, iv hardly bought any potions from NPC.. even on mage, larger the MP pool the better, just make a lot of candock wine and it will get you through 30s-50
  • Lilybell - Storm Legion
    Lilybell - Storm Legion Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    as a mage, i have 10k mp, without my buff..i make my own pots and buy from the npc too. The mana regen is nuts, and you say just reg attack, yea and then everyone fusses because you aren't really helping...I waste so much time and money on mp pots and food and I always run out, especially when I'm doing something that requires my aoes. They do need to do something to help with it.
  • Alyssian - Illyfue
    Alyssian - Illyfue Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Priest, mages and some vamps lose Mana fast in an instance. VERY VERY fast.
  • TheMagicPi - Eyrda
    TheMagicPi - Eyrda Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    because we spent something like 9000+ pots for day?

Word,yo^
  • Adeacia - Lionheart
    Adeacia - Lionheart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    spend your soul coins on mana pots by Remedy Dealer. That's all they are worth for when you reach lvl 40+.

I'm level 40+ and don't have a use for normal gold. I only need soul gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukiyo - Storm Legion
    Tsukiyo - Storm Legion Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    dat gold that speaks the soul makes my weapon fine with a little refine!
  • StoneGalka - Storm Legion
    StoneGalka - Storm Legion Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Yep and they are pretty much just as effective as elixers, just takes 3 seconds longer to finish the effect.
  • demerin
    demerin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    My MP pots are #4 on my keyboard... cause its part of my dps rotation, sad... *sigh* It is getting old fast... Wonder when GW2 comes out.

At least let us buy the elusive MP recipes... Got 4 toons doing Chef daily for about 3 weeks now... still nothing.
  • chimchimchiroo
    chimchimchiroo Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I've seen people say that mp usage and regen is being looked at by PW, but I don't believe it.

People should probably get used to it or start looking for new games.
  • VC - Eyrda
    VC - Eyrda Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    damn son, kids complaining about mana costs in an MMO

you guys just want everything spoon fed to you ?
  • Thorvald - Shylia
    edited April 2011
    Priest, mages and some vamps lose Mana fast in an instance. VERY VERY fast.
    I consume 20 to 40 pots per instance as bard. Not an issue.
    I'm level 40+ and don't have a use for normal gold. I only need soul gold.
    And what do you with it ?
    I got 2 diamond and still growing everyday even if i buy about 200-300 pots a day from npc
  • AgentRed - Eyrda
    AgentRed - Eyrda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I consume 20 to 40 pots per instance as bard. Not an issue.

You are a bard not a vampire, mage or Priest.

Play any one of these especially mage up to 40 and tell me if you can sing that same story.
  • Thorvald - Shylia
    edited April 2011
    play a bard and tell me the same :)
    Bard is amongst the most mana consuming class as we spam the most skills with no cooldown depending on spec.
  • Aesica - Lionheart
    Aesica - Lionheart Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    damn son, kids complaining about mana costs in an MMO

you guys just want everything spoon fed to you ?

There's no need to troll. It basically boils down to this:

Farming the **** needed to make mana potions isn't hard at all, but it is time consuming and not exactly very exciting. Strictly from a design perspective, mana (in just about every MMO) is a dated mechanic that is rarely implemented very well; it's really just a throwback from early console RPGs. In this game's early levels, mana borders on irrelevant, but I'm seeing at 30+, it's just annoying.

In other MMOs, other more modern resources are used, such as rage (goes up when hit or slowly over time) or energy (refills quickly). The ability costs for these never increase, nor do the size of the fairly small resource pools.

In FW, mana does not serve as a limiting resource really at all because mana potions have a very small cooldown and refill quite a bit. You could literally remove mana from this game and, aside from the need to farm up mana potions before every instance, little would change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Valini - Eyrda
    edited April 2011
    There's no need to troll. It basically boils down to this:

Farming the **** needed to make mana potions isn't hard at all, but it is time consuming and not exactly very exciting. Strictly from a design perspective, mana (in just about every MMO) is a dated mechanic that is rarely implemented very well; it's really just a throwback from early console RPGs. In this game's early levels, mana borders on irrelevant, but I'm seeing at 30+, it's just annoying.

In other MMOs, other more modern resources are used, such as rage (goes up when hit or slowly over time) or energy (refills quickly). The ability costs for these never increase, nor do the size of the fairly small resource pools.

In FW, mana does not serve as a limiting resource really at all because mana potions have a very small cooldown and refill quite a bit. You could literally remove mana from this game and, aside from the need to farm up mana potions before every instance, little would change.

Actually, it is still a limiting factor if you consider the rate at which you consume mana pots.
    You can only consume so many mana pots in a day before you either run out, run out of the mats needed for them, the energy/vigor needed to make them, or the money to buy them. It's because of this you have nubs that prefer to auto attack mobs in GT.
    If you remove mana in the game, you'll actutally change it qutie a bit. You'll no longer have to worry about how often you can spam skills, and alchemy will no where be as useful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Damn right desu~
  • VC - Eyrda
    VC - Eyrda Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    my mage is 47 and this vamp is 46, never had a mana problem

get gooooooooooooood