Bag slots, jobs and old equipment questions.

egikov
egikov Posts: 5 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Beginner's Guide
I got to lvl 16 and I have some problems with this game. Where do I put old equipment like old weapons and old clothes? I got botanist job, but what should I do with flowers, they just take space. Why does bag has limited slots? Nothing ever fits in there, I already put some stuff in the bank - I thought the bank was for some kind of money. But I don't think this game has any money, some kind of points... I thought job supposed to bring money, so I got alchemist job, it gave me some not useful items, without saying what to do with them. I probably should delete all the stuff I don't use in the trash button, so I could open a white box that gives me something useful. Nothing is explained, there are no quests explaining what to do with old clothes or flowers, or some other stuff. I can't find a guide here. I play as human mage. I'm new to this kind of games, but still... It's fun to lvl up by killing monsters and learn skills. I also have two pets, but I only can use it one at a time; I'll probably delete one of them, it's just taking up slot. There is a "guide"quest and a "guide" paper, if I delete paper, does it delete the quest? It's like a slot game. Maybe there is some kind of store/shop to sell stuff, or use some of it. I don't know. I'll probably just delete all the stuff I don't know what to do with, and follow main ques t(to kill monsters and get higher skills) if no one explains it all to me.
Post edited by egikov on

Comments

• deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Old weapons and equipment can either be sold to NPC or just destroyed. If you embedded gems it would be a good idea to remove them first though. After level 30 you can scavenge it if you get that job.

You do get free bag extensions as you level from the newbie box but it's limited so that you'll buy the extensions from the boutique.

Flowers are used to make potions which you should be doing with Alchemy. They will save your money in the long run and are better than the potions you buy from the NPC.

cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

[ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • PugnusDei - Storm Legion
    PugnusDei - Storm Legion Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You can expand your bank with gold. You make gold 2 ways: Midas touch quest (which you can't do at your level yet) and selling stuff in the auction house. 8 gold = 1 more bank slot row -- until you have added several rows, then it moves to 16 gold per row.

Botany stuff -- learn alchemy, convert to pots, sell the pots in the auction house. Or convert to food/drink, sell in auction house. (What you don't need for your own purposes of course).
  • saidje
    saidje Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I've been playing MMO's a bit, I'm not the sharpest tack in the box, all the math stuff just eludes me, but I'll tell you this...

In any of "these types of games" you have to read the forum. The forum is where the guides and advices of other players exist. It doesn't matter which game, I've found this to be true for ALL of them.

The Search Tool is your friend, use it.

Next are wikis, if they exist, and then your guild, should you join one, sometimes has their own forums where guides and advices exist.

deathbunny has some links in their signature to the Guides, read them. Get used to the idea that you'll be a frequent visitor to the forums to look something up.

It may not be ideal, but it's the way it is.

Of note to staffers, egikov posted the point of view of a player new to the entire online gaming experience.

The questions are valid, I remember when I first started online, without a friend who was also playing the same game I wouldn't have tripped to reading in-depth in the forums at all. Wikis, of course, round out the information - if they're maintained.

Perhaps prominently displaying the forum address in the "encyclopedia" and other areas that players use in-game "for any unanswered questions" might be of use.
    Saidje
    Having a high post count doesn't make you anything in the game.
    Unless you're attempting to kiss up to a GM and you KNOW what that makes you
    . :D
  • egikov
    edited April 2011
    So, I can sell stuff in Auction house. Because I tried bazaar and exchanger gnomes they wouldn't take anything, I also by mistake exchanged shards for the clothes I can't use. I'll try Auction house to sell it; alchemist and cook tutor didn't explain that I could sell stuff at auction house, now I guess I'll start getting paid for the jobs. I also found blacksmith in bazaar; I had some stuff(forgot the name of some kind of star metal) to upgrade weapons, but it didn't work. I'll try to figure out blacksmiths later.
  • saidje
    saidje Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    egikov wrote: »
    So, I can sell stuff in Auction house. Because I tried bazaar and exchanger gnomes they wouldn't take anything, I also by mistake exchanged shards for the clothes I can't use. I'll try Auction house to sell it; alchemist and cook tutor didn't explain that I could sell stuff at auction house, now I guess I'll start getting paid for the jobs. I also found blacksmith in bazaar; I had some stuff(forgot the name of some kind of star metal) to upgrade weapons, but it didn't work. I'll try to figure out blacksmiths later.

When you go to one of the NPC's that sell something they always have a Buy Back tab. You can't drag to it (odd I know) but just right-click the item that you want to sell. It will go into the Buy Back tab and show the price that you got for it.

One note about these is that they will hold onto everything until you switch characters or realms/log out of the game. If you realize, after a while, that you mistakenly put something in there, you can go back to town - or catch one of the few sales NPC's in the field, and right-click it to get it back.
    Saidje
    Having a high post count doesn't make you anything in the game.
    Unless you're attempting to kiss up to a GM and you KNOW what that makes you
    . :D
  • egikov
    edited April 2011
    Buy back tab on the NPC is good, it worked with a right click. I didn't like Auction House though. I don't know what price should I put, that's the main problem. Now I have a problem with Alchemist training, it just saying take demon dust and then - "you failed, want to try again?" I think it's broken. What is the purpose of that training anyway? But I did some potions out of Rose and Lavender.
  • PugnusDei - Storm Legion
    PugnusDei - Storm Legion Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Buy back tab on the NPC is good, it worked with a right click. I didn't like Auction House though. I don't know what price should I put, that's the main problem. Now I have a problem with Alchemist training, it just saying take demon dust and then - "you failed, want to try again?" I think it's broken. What is the purpose of that training anyway? But I did some potions out of Rose and Lavender.
    So what you do is, back off on your screen view so you can see a wider view. This is done with your mouse. Now. Do the training. Look at the chat, NPC will tell you to do either demon dust or dilutant. Click it, it loads. Then click on the barrel to the right of the table. It will process it. Look at chat. NPC will again tell you a selection. Click it. Click barrel. Look back to chat. Repeat. Once this is done 3 times, go back to NPC and repeat whole cycle again. 2 complete cycles and you have completed your training for the day. You get EXP and some free stuff. Rarely, the free stuff will include a rare alchemy recipe.

As for Auction House (AH) learn to use search, see how others are pricing their stuff. Look at time frames. You can bid, or just do buyout. To sell your stuff, price it competitively to others for same item. Also be smart about quantities. Some people can't afford 50 of an item -- in that case if you have 50 flowers you might divide it into 5 groups of 10 in your bag and sell each group separately. (One of the bottom bag options permits you to separate item quantities, when done just right click outside of bag.)
  • Resa - Storm Legion
    Resa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I got to lvl 16 and I have some problems with this game. Where do I put old equipment like old weapons and old clothes? Like Deathbunny said, you can sell them in NPC by right clicking the equipment or destroying them by dragging them out of your bag and putting it in the "open space" of the game. It'll ask if you want to destroy the item or not. You CAN'T sell them to players if you've worn them though, so those are the two options you have.

I got botanist job, but what should I do with flowers, they just take space. Flowers are used to create potions and sometimes cooking, but it's recommended you look at the recipes that you have in alchemy and cooking so you'll know what flowers to pick and what you don't need to pick.

Why does bag has limited slots? Nothing ever fits in there, I already put some stuff in the bank - I thought the bank was for some kind of money. But I don't think this game has any money, some kind of points...You'll get bag extensions from the beginner box (the white box you get at the beginning of the game) as you level, but they are limited in amount of space you get. You can expand your space even more if you buy them from the cash shop with real money. One advice I can give you is to look closely at the items you have. Some items are similar, but one may be BOUND so it's considered a separate item from one that's not.

I thought job supposed to bring money, so I got alchemist job, it gave me some not useful items, without saying what to do with them. Jobs don't MAKE money (until level 35+ when you get the option of weaponsmithing and whatnot) in the earlier levels but help you in SAVING money. With alchemist, you save up on potions by creating them by pressing hotkey O, then press Alchemist and then looking at the recipes you have and what you can make.

I probably should delete all the stuff I don't use in the trash button, so I could open a white box that gives me something useful. Nothing is explained, there are no quests explaining what to do with old clothes or flowers, or some other stuff. I can't find a guide here. Most MMORPGs tend to have the assumption that you already KNOW the basics of what to do. The problem is that there will always be the brand new gamer into the MMO world that knows absolutely nothing and the game tends to become relentless in helping them. Like the others suggest, check the guides up in forums. Or you can choose to go my route and take a breather and look around. Mash all the buttons you can and see what does what. You're still early in your levels, forget about that for a bit and just focus on getting used to the interface and the MMO environment. Ask around, poke people for questions (most people won't answer you if you randomly ask) and see what you can learn.

I play as human mage. I'm new to this kind of games, but still... It's fun to lvl up by killing monsters and learn skills. I also have two pets, but I only can use it one at a time; I'll probably delete one of them, it's just taking up slot. There is a "guide"quest and a "guide" paper, if I delete paper, does it delete the quest? No. the guide quest won't be deleted if you delete the paper, but you just won't be able to take it again from the paper because, well, it's gone.

It's like a slot game. Maybe there is some kind of store/shop to sell stuff, or use some of it. I don't know. I'll probably just delete all the stuff I don't know what to do with, and follow main ques t(to kill monsters and get higher skills) if no one explains it all to me.Auction House (which you can find if you just travel around and look for the NPCs) helps in selling things when you're not on often, while Vending can work if you choose to be online but not do anything. Keep in mind that this gives you GOLD coin, which is tradeable amongst players, not the SOUL coin, which you use to buy stuff from NPCs.
    So, I can sell stuff in Auction house. Because I tried bazaar and exchanger gnomes they wouldn't take anything, I also by mistake exchanged shards for the clothes I can't use. Look for Grocer, blacksmith, armorsmith and the cooking/alchemist NPCs where you can buy things so you can sell things. Exchanger NPCs do not take stuff you want to see, they're just used to exchange your shards.

I'll try Auction house to sell it; alchemist and cook tutor didn't explain that I could sell stuff at auction house, now I guess I'll start getting paid for the jobs. Just make sure that the items you have aren't BOUND. Read the items closely, since all of the items you get from the exchanger are bound and are unsellable in Auction House.

I also found blacksmith in bazaar; I had some stuff(forgot the name of some kind of star metal) to upgrade weapons, but it didn't work. I'll try to figure out blacksmiths later The game actually does have an explanation and a small guide on how to upgrade weapons by checking the NPC Gabriel in Libra Bazaar. Just be sure to read what he has to say so you can understand what to do.
    Buy back tab on the NPC is good, it worked with a right click. I didn't like Auction House though. I don't know what price should I put, that's the main problem. Now I have a problem with Alchemist training, it just saying take demon dust and then - "you failed, want to try again?" I think it's broken. What is the purpose of that training anyway? But I did some potions out of Rose and Lavender. First of all, good job for you, being able to find out where Alchemist Luia is talking! Lots of people never seem to be able to find that. Next, you need to only take one demon dust or dilutant when she says to take it, and then you have to go to the ALCHEMY POT right beside the table and put the ingrediants in. After that, Luia will give you the next steps to the practice. Pick up the stuff, put them in the pot, and repeat. The purpose of the training is to increase experience on your alchemy job. Once you manage to get it to level 2, more recipes will be open for you and you can make more potions.

I tried to help by putting everything in one piece. Hope it helps!
  • egikov
    edited April 2011
    Thank you all for the the help. I'll be reading this thread. I also need to figure out pets, I hope it will get some skills not just becomes higher lvl and eats.