near naked toons are ok, but there is a profanity filter?? wtf

billbob2
billbob2 Posts: 26
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
so seen as how perfect world are making fashions for female toons that are for lack of a better word, ****... and have nothing but a piece of sticky tape covering the nipples n stuff, how about removing the overly restrictive profanity filter also??

I mean, hey if you are allowing little kids to see near naked females running around, why not allow us to tell them to "f**k up" when they are spamming world chat, or been an idiot in an instance....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Ellyara - Eyrda
    Ellyara - Eyrda Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Maybe an option to turn the profanity filter on/off. :P I know some people that don't like to get spammed with it from world chat.
  • carowe27
    carowe27 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lol this is like complaining about nothing great waste of a thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlacPlague - Eyrda
    BlacPlague - Eyrda Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i played a game where female mobs stripped the more u hit them, and still have very sensitive filter, just goes to show plp fear simple words more then nudity
  • Loli - Storm Legion
    Loli - Storm Legion Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I feel i should be able to turn off my inbound filter. Its silly to me cause I've heard worse and will prolly hear worse still "outside" of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • boltzie
    boltzie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    billbob2 wrote: »
    so seen as how perfect world are making fashions for female toons that are for lack of a better word, ****... and have nothing but a piece of sticky tape covering the nipples n stuff, how about removing the overly restrictive profanity filter also??

I agree with your first point on how pwi makes **** outfit for the female.... which is becoming more and more popular for MMORPG. However, 2 wrongs do not make them right. I am glad that PWI put profanity filter.... although a lot of people manage to bypass it.
    billbob2 wrote: »
    I mean, hey if you are allowing little kids to see near naked females running around, why not allow us to tell them to "f**k up" when they are spamming world chat, or been an idiot in an instance....

It's so funny you are referring to EVERYBODY that spam the world chat are kids. First and foremost, you DON'T know that they are kids. You are just assuming (out of insult) that they are kids. The worst part is that: your argument above really shows how immature you are.
  • MightyMouse - Storm Legion
    MightyMouse - Storm Legion Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i played a game where female mobs stripped the more u hit them, and still have very sensitive filter, just goes to show plp fear simple words more then nudity

lol twelve sky
  • aruna87
    aruna87 Posts: 4
    edited April 2011
    lol twelve sky

not kabod online?
  • WarGod - Storm Legion
    WarGod - Storm Legion Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I have played games with missionary and cowboy interacts and no its not a **** game but more of a social thing. seriously can't understand the problem with girls going half naked or even without clothes lol. and stop lookin at the **** if u don't like
  • Lashen - Eyrda
    Lashen - Eyrda Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I feel i should be able to turn off my inbound filter. Its silly to me cause I've heard worse and will prolly hear worse still "outside" of the game.

The problem is, the filter is inbound and outbound. For instance, you can remove the text file containing all the swear words but you will still see **** as people who sending the profanity are filtered on their end too.
    Cuz You Sebestimated Me.
  • Frost_Fang - Nyos
    Frost_Fang - Nyos Posts: 837 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Filter is there not to protect us, but to keep some decent behavior around. Which is good, cause each time you tell someone to f... off, you end up reminded.
    Member of "KoS_" cause unless you stand for something, you will fall for anything.
  • pvptolololo
    pvptolololo Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Just look Loli avatar
    Its 10000% Pedobear bait
    image.php?u=16062614001&type=sigpic&dateline=1303328998

about filter, I wonder why "****" is censored while "****" isnt lol
  • melifor1
    melifor1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Just look Loli avatar
    Its 10000% Pedobear bait

mmm... Actually, I think dwarf females are the sexiest race after kindred here (and yes, looking at male/dwarf and female/dwarf.... nope, they are 2 different races... no doubt in that) Call me pedophile, I don't care.. maybe I am.. still don't care.

Anyways, I saw in other games, player can turn on/off profanity filter, why PWI can't do the same?...

About half naked fashion... I played some games(not **** games, normal MMORPG games) where not characters, but some monsters are some kind of mutated, comletely naked, woman. Like harpies or halfserpent woman. Yea, snake lower part but still naked boobies. So realy... wake up, it's ok in most of the countries this days.
  • Begonia - Storm Legion
    Begonia - Storm Legion Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It's a fact that guys play to see ****, don't like it? Tough luck, guess this isn't the game for you.

Profanity filter being able to be turned off/on? Not really needed, simple fact: You don't have to always swear to get your point across. No matter how hard people make you rage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Begonia- 5x Fire Mage
    "Bananacheese! It comes between 1 and 2!" -Begonia
    "Someone spike Begonia's fertilizer again?!" -Well Loved Guildie
  • Vancore - Storm Legion
    Vancore - Storm Legion Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It's a fact that guys play to see ****, don't like it? Tough luck, guess this isn't the game for you.

Profanity filter being able to be turned off/on? Not really needed, simple fact: You don't have to always swear to get your point across. No matter how hard people make you rage.

i dont play to see **** i play to fight monsters and interact with ppl, i have other means to see ****, those that do are and always will be some what sad imo, but eh this is the internet home to everything weird and obscure you cant do in RL so its not that big of a deal to me
  • Debusy - Eyrda
    Debusy - Eyrda Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    melifor1 wrote: »
    Call me pedophile, I don't care.. maybe I am.. still don't care.

One of the all time most stupid statements I've seen someone post in this forum.
  • Kantaryo - Storm Legion
    Kantaryo - Storm Legion Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Have you seen the little witches pets? Yesterday I was doing AGT and one of the party members shoutted that my pet hat a big fat butt, never paid attention to that and then he kept with she is naked, has a thong, she is hot, blah, blah, blah, that shows you that there are players who play this game to get their fix on some cartoonish representation of a woman. Good grief!!! These are cartoons people, oh wait I read an article where a japanesse dude married his "bride" in the game. So yes, there are crazy people out there and in here, in the internet.
    "Someone who never met God on Earth, would never meet Him in space".

Yuri Gagarin

=======================================
    I am the Sebestimator
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    uh you do know that this game was made for MATURE players so i'm guessing the person complaining is either under the age of 17 or is a parent that was dumb enough to let there kid thats younger then 17 to play. seriously check esrbs before you pick a game to play. ijs
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • Yue - Eyrda
    Yue - Eyrda Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    well, kids shouldn't even be playing this game, it's rated mature. And even if it wasn't, if you're between 13 and 17 then your father have to allow you to make your account and play, as it's said in the terms of agreement, and if taht's he case, the problem is with your parent's as stated in the post above.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ravnika - Storm Legion
    Ravnika - Storm Legion Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Just look Loli avatar
    Its 10000% Pedobear bait

It doesn't surprise me. "Loli" is probably short or referring to "Lolita". Or, if you haven't read that book, it's by a French author, and the main character is a man who is in love with a young girl. The thing about the book is though, is that it makes you sympathize with HIM which is an amazing talent of the author.

Also, in Japan, "Loli" usually refers to hentai that deals with small girls, as, again, it is short for Lolita. If you google "Japan, Lolita style" (Or Gothic Lolita Style) you'll see plenty of girls who dress up in very childish looking dresses and such (of course sized for them though).
  • BlacPlague - Eyrda
    BlacPlague - Eyrda Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    aruna87 wrote: »
    not kabod online?

nope 12sky 1&2

and as far as world filter, there just words but plp always get up in arms about them its **** -.-
  • Endless_XI - Storm Legion
    Endless_XI - Storm Legion Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Just look Loli avatar
    Its 10000% Pedobear bait

Its not at all pedobear bait because thats an ADULT dwarf.

Now issue 1- skimpy/**** fem fashion... rule 1 in marketing, "sex sells". Besides that why do people only care when its the fem characters that look **** but no one cares when most male chars are ripped and look like male models?

and issue 2- prophanity filter. I'd like the option to turn mine off/on but fact is people under 18 play this so they have it perm on probably for legal cover since this version of FW is U.S based and altough its 13 to register in the U.S its 18 to do most of the fun stuff...
  • oychii
    oychii Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    They NEED to put in charactor customizing on the charactor
    selecting page. asp. for 8008 size! I hate the (no pun intended)
    Dolly Parton size 8008s appearing in and on most all female charactors
    in most (if not all) good MMORPGS these days.

WHAT ABOUT MALES? Are they all playing J-Rockers or something?
    I mean WHERES they're DONG! The nice bulge down there?
    Females would like to have something to look at too, but its sad
    to say all MALES are UNIQUkS (spelling). What, Is it that hard to
    to make realistic male parts on male charactors or what?!
    I wants to know.

ROFL, seen a male dwarf carring around a female Vampire the
    other day, I was just waiting for them to fall over, but they never did.

• Yue - Eyrda
    Yue - Eyrda Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    oychii wrote: »
    They NEED to put in charactor customizing on the charactor
    selecting page. asp. for 8008 size! I hate the (no pun intended)
    Dolly Parton size 8008s appearing in and on most all female charactors
    in most (if not all) good MMORPGS these days.

WHAT ABOUT MALES? Are they all playing J-Rockers or something?
    I mean WHERES they're DONG! The nice bulge down there?
    Females would like to have something to look at too, but its sad
    to say all MALES are UNIQUkS (spelling). What, Is it that hard to
    to make realistic male parts on male charactors or what?!
    I wants to know.

ROFL, seen a male dwarf carring around a female Vampire the
    other day, I was just waiting for them to fall over, but they never did.

wth...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    wth...?

understatement of the year. have no idea what that person was ranting about :/ btw fw is better by NOT having the character customizing cuz the females don't have that big of busts (don't believe me look at some of the "female" characters in pwi. seriously lost count how many toons i saw that were thin as hell with **** big enough to sufficate 5 guys at the same time) i mean outside the beginner armor for female vamps aka stripper outfits and the jailbait that is the female dwarves (don't care if they get a plain white title that says "adult dwarf" theres no way in hell the females are adults) fw female characters aren't that bad
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.