Players lets declare a pvp realm on storm

Raxor - Storm Legion
Raxor - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Storm Legion (PvE East)
I just wanted to make a thread stating if we want a pvp realm why not just pick one of the realms that already exist and make it into a pvp realm ourselves by only going on that realm flagged. Hopefully someone replies. IGN-Raxor
Post edited by Raxor - Storm Legion on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"The Demon of Bushido" If you're bored there are other games. And in case you are wondering I'm a male playing as a female character.

Comments

• Arabelle - Storm Legion
    Arabelle - Storm Legion Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The problem with that is the PvP flagging system isn't properly implemented, even if you have all of your protections off and both players out of the safe zone, you won't be able to attack each other.

Looks like they forgot to add an on/off button >.>
  • Kalza - Storm Legion
    Kalza - Storm Legion Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Even if they do implement it, it'll most likely be a ghost realm.
    Less Visa, More Skill, EZ
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=2778121
  • Selcouth - Storm Legion
    Selcouth - Storm Legion Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    all the time you people spend crying about no pvp on a PVE server you could have gotten a character leveled up on an actual pvp server
  • Drakle - Storm Legion
    Drakle - Storm Legion Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    all the time you people spend crying about no pvp on a PVE server you could have gotten a character leveled up on an actual pvp server

i have to side with him on this one. if u want to pvp should have joined a PvP server and not one dedicated to PvE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You Can Run, But You Cant Hide!
  • Lenia - Storm Legion
    Lenia - Storm Legion Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    From all the areas the FW servers cover , it's in the east coast area such an issue is brought up aka in the only (until recently apparently) area that actually has two options in servers: pve and pvp? :confused: Instead of making a pvp realm can't players just...join Eyrda? lol Cause once (and if) they fix the pvp flagging system and make it work , I don't see why the need of a strictly pvp realm should rise? I played on pve server in PWI where flagging was working, all was good. You got bored of the pve activities and feel like killing other bored ones like u for a while? You just switch into pvp mode :D You are mega-bored and want a whole realm pure pvp? You just switch into another server lol
  • Tae - Storm Legion
    Tae - Storm Legion Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i have to side with him on this one. if u want to pvp should have joined a PvP server and not one dedicated to PvE

Not true.

The only difference that should exist between PvE and PvP servers are that PvE players are given a choice.

PvP is much more "hardcore", there is no choice, you are in PK mode whether you like it or not.

Whether or not people want to PK on a PvE server isn't the point, it's that they should at least be given the option, which is not the case.
  • zataki
    zataki Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Let's not and pretend we did....
  • Nikn - Storm Legion
    Nikn - Storm Legion Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This is PvE, go to the PvP server if you want PvP.
  • manitorecord
    manitorecord Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    why would i make a character on a pvp server if i have a character on a pve. why can't i just go pvp outside if i want to? besides u can't move your char
  • Raxor - Storm Legion
    Raxor - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    hmm so its not implemented yet. oh well. I did not wan this to become a pve vs pvp thread. So when they do implement it i thought it would be a good idea to know where most of us bored people can go to rather than go to a pvp server where i know i will get killed because someone higher level feels like it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "The Demon of Bushido" If you're bored there are other games. And in case you are wondering I'm a male playing as a female character.
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    why would i make a character on a pvp server if i have a character on a pve. why can't i just go pvp outside if i want to? besides u can't move your char

well if you want to PVP, why did you bother making a char on a PVE server in the first palce?
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • Saeelwen - Storm Legion
    Saeelwen - Storm Legion Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    in the Sea of Obilivion out by the Craftmaster there was a new NPC called a Duel Witness he had a green ! overhead probably has something to do with an Arena area, would be my guess.
    On Storm
    Saeelwen Mage
    Darksun Warrior
    StarLily Priest
    Midnyte Assassin
    Chardella Vampire
    Torlynn Marksman
    Markhim Assassin
  • Kantaryo - Storm Legion
    Kantaryo - Storm Legion Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This is PvE, go to the PvP server if you want PvP.

100% agreed. Move to a PVP server if you want to PK this is a PVE server :mad:
    "Someone who never met God on Earth, would never meet Him in space".

Yuri Gagarin

=======================================
    I am the Sebestimator
  • Javert - Storm Legion
    Javert - Storm Legion Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    100% agreed. Move to a PVP server if you want to PK this is a PVE server :mad:

PvE, in most PWE games hosts the choice to switch between Pk or non Pk mode. I also play on storm server. And I do think some pvp action would be great. However you guys are all saying what is quoted above this "GO TO A PVP SERVER." I mean wow. I personally played on other games on pvp servers and I have no problem with them. It is just nice to have the Choice to activate the option of pvp. For all the players who enter and leave town it is already clear that all they have to do is a minor tweak or two. Which is really no big deal and to all you who say if you want to play pvp then go pvp server. Well if you guys don't want to get pk'd then don't go into pk mode. (The game works both ways guys and gals don't forget that)
    :D
    Proud leader of Bushido Since Closed beta Phase 3. The longest Leadership on Storm Server.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Javert - 80 Protector - Diamond
    Gavrouche - 80 Marksman - Burst
    Vahlian - 80 Warrior - Elemental

If You experience Loadscreen Crashes Follow the Steps to Try to fix it! -->
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=429091
  • Dazee - Storm Legion
    Dazee - Storm Legion Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i think its fine just the way it is but for the ppl saying go to a pvp server stfu go kill npc all day some of us actually like having a CHOICE.
  • Javert - Storm Legion
    edited April 2011
    i think its fine just the way it is but for the ppl saying go to a pvp server stfu go kill npc all day some of us actually like having a CHOICE.

+1 for rounding up what i said so easily
    Proud leader of Bushido Since Closed beta Phase 3. The longest Leadership on Storm Server.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Frejah - Storm Legion
    Frejah - Storm Legion Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I play three different games, Forsaken World, Perfect World, and Darkeden EUS.

Darkeden is an open PVP game, it is advertised as such. I very much enjoy the aspect of open field PvP, however it does become a nuisance when trying to grind for coin; not to mention the fact that certain classes are weaker/stronger during certain periods of the day (there are game and night rotations in game, not real time).

I play Perfect World on a PvE server, but there is always PvP action available outside of territory wars on the weekends. I like being able to quest/grind without worrying about someone deciding they want to kill me for whatever reason. AndI like having the option of being able to PvP, in PK mode, when I want. I am well aware of the ten hour restriction so I am unable to go in and out when I want; and I am also well aware of the repercussions if I am ill equipped for PvP activity.

As far as Forsaken World is concerned, it is still very much a baby project. More content, abilities, skills, etc. will be added in due time as they are developed and translated. I do not see the need for a PvP realm on this specific server, but rather the ability to choose whether or not to be in PK mode. Yes, I could re-roll on a PvP server, but why I should devote even more time into another character when I already have one that is half of the level cap now? It would be like telling me to re-roll my archer in Perfect World on a PvP server; my archer, by the way, is 100 with TT99/Rank 8/Lunar gear, I would HATE to have to re-farm, and buy, all of that gear and those levels.
    Join Sanctum - Apply today at sanctumfw.mmoguildsites.com
  • Tsukiyo - Storm Legion
    Tsukiyo - Storm Legion Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited April 2011

This pretty much

I'd like open PK so i can finally sell the shards of tytan I have to red names who have died.

• Zerex - Storm Legion
    Zerex - Storm Legion Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Not true.

The only difference that should exist between PvE and PvP servers are that PvE players are given a choice.

PvP is much more "hardcore", there is no choice, you are in PK mode whether you like it or not.

Whether or not people want to PK on a PvE server isn't the point, it's that they should at least be given the option, which is not the case.

+1 Tae.
  • Liviya - Storm Legion
    Liviya - Storm Legion Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Oohh please yes I would love it if there could be a PVP realm if only one..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xevsh - Storm Legion
    Xevsh - Storm Legion Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Im all for a PvP realm, BUT make it just 1 realm. Its true that it will probably be a ghost realm, BUT it will offer something else to do for those that are at a higher level and leveling is slowing down quite a bit.

Frankly that or the PvP flag system would be nice.

PvE should not mean no pvp at all. What it should be and what Ive seen done in other games is on PvE servers you still offer pvp but you include punishments for excessive PKing, that which is already built into Forsaken World, i.e. if you get PKed while in "PKer Status" you loose duribility off your equipment.

PvP on the other hand should mean that the punishments for PKing are greatly reduced and/or eliminate completely.
    NoxAeterna now Recruiting! Storm Legion PvE Server

File an Application on our Website: www. tinyurl .com/fwnox (remove the spaces)

Note: Nox Aeterna means Eternal Night in Latin. Wow, you just learned some Latin from reading this! ;)
  • Kantaryo - Storm Legion
    Kantaryo - Storm Legion Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Play in the PVP server that is what it wa screated for.
    "Someone who never met God on Earth, would never meet Him in space".

Yuri Gagarin

=======================================
    I am the Sebestimator
  • Javert - Storm Legion
    edited April 2011
    Play in the PVP server that is what it wa screated for.

-sigh-
    (1) Why should we re-roll on a pvp server when we want to be able to quest.

(2) It is obvious enough that the switch system is already in the game on storm server, it just needs to be activated for one.

(3) If the pvp flagging system worked we could atleast fight the other players who chose to be flagged for pvp. We wouldn't be able to fight anyone other than those who are flagged. So why is it that all of you Strict Pve players always have that same come back "PLAY IN THE PVP SERVER".... I guess that is also why it is nearly impossible to get a guild wars going on Storm server. Despite being part of the game. PVE is great, don't get me wrong however I again will argue that the flagging system needs to be fixed, and those who don't want to get pk'd just don't switch from shield to swords.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SlyShyOne - Storm Legion
    SlyShyOne - Storm Legion Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    -sigh-
    (1) Why should we re-roll on a pvp server when we want to be able to quest.

(2) It is obvious enough that the switch system is already in the game on storm server, it just needs to be activated for one.

(3) If the pvp flagging system worked we could atleast fight the other players who chose to be flagged for pvp. We wouldn't be able to fight anyone other than those who are flagged. So why is it that all of you Strict Pve players always have that same come back "PLAY IN THE PVP SERVER".... I guess that is also why it is nearly impossible to get a guild wars going on Storm server. Despite being part of the game. PVE is great, don't get me wrong however I again will argue that the flagging system needs to be fixed, and those who don't want to get pk'd just don't switch from shield to swords.

Agreed just put that on/off button i get "bored" of grinding sometimes and want to pvp.
  • Frejah - Storm Legion
    Frejah - Storm Legion Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Agreed just put that on/off button i get "bored" of grinding sometimes and want to pvp.

+1....it will making framing so much more entertaining.

And inb4rerollonpvpservercomment: I switched to a PvE server for the ability to quest without being pinned inside a safezone. Being given the CHOICE to be flagged for PVP would be a much appreciated addition, they just have to flip the switch or remove the "You can be attacked by other players" message when we leave the safe zone.
    Join Sanctum - Apply today at sanctumfw.mmoguildsites.com
  • PhobosDeimos - Storm Legion
    PhobosDeimos - Storm Legion Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Not true.

Gotta agree with Tae on this one aswell. PvE servers are fun for those who enjoy PvE and for those wishing to try it out, but those PvP heads who choose to play PvE for once, if you get bored, possibly try maintaining multiple realms, one or two characters on PvE and one or two on PvP. That could be your solution right there.
  • Xevsh - Storm Legion
    Xevsh - Storm Legion Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Gotta agree with Tae on this one aswell. PvE servers are fun for those who enjoy PvE and for those wishing to try it out, but those PvP heads who choose to play PvE for once, if you get bored, possibly try maintaining multiple realms, one or two characters on PvE and one or two on PvP. That could be your solution right there.

Not that easy to do as using the cash shop is more or less required to some degree to be functional in this game.

Hint: "Earn Zen" if you do it right you can have all the Zen you need on a weekly basis.
    NoxAeterna now Recruiting! Storm Legion PvE Server

File an Application on our Website: www. tinyurl .com/fwnox (remove the spaces)

Note: Nox Aeterna means Eternal Night in Latin. Wow, you just learned some Latin from reading this! ;)
  • Ginius - Illyfue
    Ginius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Not true.

This, I don't understand why this option is not enabled :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • Tae - Storm Legion
    Tae - Storm Legion Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Wow, can't believe people are still posting in this thread.

The fact is, a majority % of the PvE servers are carebears/too scared to PK anyway, i.e. the people who say "go play a PvP server! we want to quest and have nothing to do in peace!"

I know that everyone I've spoken to about it chose to come to a PvE server to have the option to PvP, i.e. no sz camping while trying to quest/get things done.

Basically every single other PWE game has a PK flagging system, especially their main game PWI where you can enter a PK mode and fight with other people who are in PK mode.

Based on the pace of the gameplay, this game is almost designed specifically for PvP'ing, and yet they don't even give players the option unless you went to a PK server where you have no real "choice", either.

A PK realm would be fine considering the amount of intense work they'd have to do in order to implement something that's not in the Chinese version, aka. a flag system.

tl;dr: pvprealmnaoploxty
  • YggdrasiI - Storm Legion
    YggdrasiI - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    If PvE strictly meant no PvP, duels and GvG would be disabled- you are fighting against another player.

People complain there's no PvP action on the PvP servers due to the many realms and so many quests taking place in safe zones. Mercury Trade runs anyone? Bet routes like that are full of gankers in wait. Sorry, but when I want to quest and do Henry's quests that acutally take me out of safe- zone, I don't want to keep having to look over my shoulder. That's why I went PvE. However, this doesn't mean I'm scared of PvP- I enjoy a good fight.

When I want it- not when I'm killing a monster and getting jumped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[YOU- drah- sil]
    If you want to shorten my name, don't call me 'Ygg.' Call me 'Mana.'

Grandia: Unity ☆ Teamwork ☆ Friendship I]grandia-storm.com/[/I
    ~~~~~~~~~~{ Never get left behind again. }~~~~~~~~~~
This discussion has been closed.