Marriage?

Aedann - Eyrda
Aedann - Eyrda Posts: 16 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
ive seemn this myth going around the forums and the web that we can get married in forsaken world is this fact or myth? anyone know?
Post edited by Aedann - Eyrda on

Comments

• nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    the chinese version has marriage but has not been implemented in the english as of yet. once it does expect lots of wc spam of noobs going "Looking for female/male to be my in game wife pm me plox!"
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • Aedann - Eyrda
    Aedann - Eyrda Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lol ok thanks :)
  • lizabelle
    lizabelle Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Just wait for the drama to start when people who are "married" get into a fight. "I wanna divorce...you were flirting with that dwarf!"....ugh. Some people will take it way too seriously, I can just see it.
  • nightwolf200
    edited April 2011
    oh yeah thats gonna be annoying as hell to read when the divorces start spamming wc and people will be like "DON'T MARRY JOHN JACOB JINGLE HIEMER SCHMIT! HE IS A LIAR AND A CHEATER!" -.- if it gets to bad theres always the option of blocking them thank god
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

• CamuiGackt - Lionheart
    CamuiGackt - Lionheart Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    New wc spams will be some kind of disguised "Searching for a man with gold credit card for marriage. I have fake webcam. PM!"
    Oh noes! I got <Sebestimated>!!!
  • nightwolf200
    edited April 2011
    New wc spams will be some kind of disguised "Searching for a man with gold credit card for marriage. I have fake webcam. PM!"

thats why i don't do the whole "date on a game thing" 95% of female characters are guys

75% of them are perverts or pedophiles
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]

• Candenza - Eyrda
    Candenza - Eyrda Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It is something that will be added in the near future. Most of PWE games have it along with the CN FW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild: Final
  • crabclaw
    crabclaw Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    We are definitely working on getting marriage implemented :)
  • vampywiz21
    vampywiz21 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    crabclaw wrote: »
    We are definitely working on getting marriage implemented :)

what working on it?

Arena, marriage, possibly mount fight??
  • Swagger - Eyrda
    Swagger - Eyrda Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Yes they are implementing an arena where you can fight your spouse for mount custody.
    [SIGPIC]testing blah blah[/SIGPIC]
  • crabclaw
    edited April 2011
    Yes they are implementing an arena where you can fight your spouse for mount custody.

Maybe in a future expansion.
  • Swagger - Eyrda
    edited April 2011
    One may always hope... I expect PWE to deliver on this!
  • Kantaryo - Storm Legion
    Kantaryo - Storm Legion Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Get ready for an avalanche of **** players asking for same sex marriage.
    "Someone who never met God on Earth, would never meet Him in space".

Yuri Gagarin

=======================================
    I am the Sebestimator
  • Swagger - Eyrda
    edited April 2011
    Is that what your doing? Getting ready for it?

**** bashing is pretty 1999 grandpa... I'm by no means **** but I'm getting tired of seeing this kinda bs. I don't see anyone on here proclaiming their sexual preference. I served with plenty of service members that hid their sexuality for fear of losing their jobs and ruining their career. They'd just as soon take a bullet for their buddies as a straight guy. Take your tea party agenda to the Palin forums bro. This is for FW...
  • Kantaryo - Storm Legion
    Kantaryo - Storm Legion Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Just wait few days after the marriage is enable in the game and you will see the **** crowd demanding the recognition of same sex marriage. Happened in RoM, in Ao, etc etc. I am not discriminating against anyone, I am saying what is going to happen because I have seen it happening.
    "Someone who never met God on Earth, would never meet Him in space".

Yuri Gagarin

=======================================
    I am the Sebestimator
  • Frejah - Storm Legion
    Frejah - Storm Legion Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    People have been arguing for same sex marriage in PW since its release. Unfortunately, since PWI's mother company is based out in China, I doubt allowing same sex marriages will ever happen in any game that they release since it does going against traditional Chinese customs. Personally, I would love to have the ability to marry within my gender.

And Kantaryo, although you may not have meant to come across as if you were **** bashing, you did. Your comment was exactly like the kind of passive aggressive remarks I deal with on a daily basis; however, I will agree that there will be an influx of people vying for same sex marriages when they do bring that feature to the game.

Remember, it isn't always what you say, but how you say it.
    Join Sanctum - Apply today at sanctumfw.mmoguildsites.com
  • Abstina - Lionheart
    Abstina - Lionheart Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Props to Frejah and Swagger heh. Well worded :D

and Until they do one day pull thier heads out of their arses, I'll happily make my Female Avi, announce myself a drag Queen. and Run around with My BF X3 Thou it would be nice to Not effin have to -.- adapting a game to a different culture its a great idea, but you know you kinda have to adapt more than your language to not push away a lot of players.
  • erulissedm
    erulissedm Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I didn't see any real **** bashing O.o;
    .....people are so high strung about that whole issue nowdays that it makes me laugh watching them jump to conclusions and troll each other over next to nothing. I mean both sides. -_-

Iow, saying someone's a tea partier just because of their comment on the inevitability of a bloc that wants the game to have **** marriage is a bit of a stretch, what?

I actually think it would be neat if you could marry within your own gender (but I support forum civility as well.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Casual gamer/artist who is just here because I like the game. Don't mind me =^^=
    I know I am a newb, but because I am new.... remember, everyone was a newb once.
    ---
    Leaders weave the shape of the future, but the followers spin the threads
  • Candenza - Eyrda
    Candenza - Eyrda Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Crabclaw do you have an estimated time for when the marriage system patch will be here?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild: Final
  • Terracyrax - Storm Legion
    Terracyrax - Storm Legion Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i would love to see same sex marriage put in but this is a chinese game not japanese where they are more open minded at least lol. (also cause yes i am a ****) but again we all know marriage well be a expensive CS item lol.
    Originally Posted by Cat - Storm Legion
    Maybe they will DDOS Rosetta Stone next and demand some free English CDs <
    epic forum quote thanks cat! <3
  • Abstina - Lionheart
    Abstina - Lionheart Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i would love to see same sex marriage put in but this is a chinese game not japanese where they are more open minded at least lol. (also cause yes i am a ****) but again we all know marriage well be a expensive CS item lol.

lol yes, then they are cutting their own throats and loosing income of the Same Sex CS pairs XD Make the ppl happy and Make more money. You think Greed would have won out by now

Shame on you PWE for not making one more Money Grab :p
  • Lasciell - Storm Legion
    Lasciell - Storm Legion Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I second the suggestion of the implementation of same-sex marriages. Pity it's still a rather conservative Chinese game. Wonder if marriage will come with marriage-type skills that I've seen in other games, eg. basic buffs or healing skills that help a little but aren't exactly pivotal in PvE or PvP.
  • Zevryn - Lionheart
    Zevryn - Lionheart Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    No doubt people will work around this anyway to make the illusion of same-sex marriage. I've seen it done in other PWE games and I know exactly how it's done. It costs twice as much since it involves marriages between two pairs of characters instead of one. The trick is for both sides to make an alt of the opposite sex with a name that looks like their main character's name. Have each main marry the other person's alt and it's done.
  • wolfessrulez
    wolfessrulez Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The problem with people getting married then wanting out is as simple as in real life..implement a divorce system. I met my husband on an mmo, and we love the idea of getting married on the games we play. As for same sex marriages, love is love, real life or ingame, and who really knows who is what sex anyway? Ingame marriage would be great, and might bring a few people in to Forsaken World who are playing other games that have marriage systems.:)
  • crabclaw
    edited April 2011
    I'll just leave this here...

jZiH0.jpg
  • hellodarkness
    hellodarkness Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ^ o_o
    Ohemgee.
    That's kind of cute, and kind of extremely odd.
  • Shuiryuu - Eyrda
    Shuiryuu - Eyrda Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I like the idea of a mount fight ^^

I remember when in another game I played my friend told me just to find someone to marry but what she said after was funny...she was like "you don't have to jump in the sack with them" hahaha. But I do believe people take games way too seriously. However...Online dating isn't bad either. Here's my thought....people are people...some lie...some tell the truth and it doesn't matter if it's to ur face or over the internet. But if marriage was implemented...what would be the benefits?

Also just some other notes I find interesting...(keep in mind I'm still fairly new to game)

Dual mounting - Mounts that allow 2 characters ride on one mount
    Flying - Just like what it says lol

I know PWI has flying and this isn't PWI but FW but I don't play PWI because of auto tracking or walking...I get stuck a lot in trees or rocks.....or even npcs got annoying quick. These are just a few thoughts. Don't bash on me if I said something wrong :o

~Shuiryuu
    Oww, you kissed my eye you ****![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • carmelll
    carmelll Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    ive seemn this myth going around the forums and the web that we can get married in forsaken world is this fact or myth? anyone know?

Its a fact go cheak it out your self:D:D:D:D
  • nightwolf200
    edited June 2011
    carmelll wrote: »
    Its a fact go cheak it out your self:D:D:D:D

nice necro not to mention everybody had said yes to this already so your less then helpful in this post
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]

• Aushire - Lionheart
    Aushire - Lionheart Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    are there any special benefits? (i.e. in-game and not the naughty kind)

In RO (Ragnarok Online) Marriage allow you to "summon" your spouse once an hour I think. It came in handy when people go duo questing.

There are two other skills where you sacrifice your own HP or SP(mana) to give it to your spouse (works both way)

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Marriage_System

After you and your beloved tie the knot, you will obtain Wedding Rings based on your gender. When you equip the ring, you will obtain special marriage skills:

* Romantic Rendezvous
    o While the Wedding Ring is equipped, spouses can summon their partners to their locations. This skill requires 15 seconds for it to cast, and does not have any delay after it is used. However, this skill cannot be used on any map that cannot be set as a memo by warp portal, ie guild war zones and dungeons.

* Loving Touch
    o Consume 10% of one`s HP to restore 10% of your partner`s HP.

* Undying Love
    o Consume 10% of one`s SP to restore 10% of your partner`s SP.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional