List of things I'd like changed

glissante
glissante Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Suggestion Box
I'm fairly new to FW. only other MMO I've played is PWI.

I've been jotting down items as I encounter them that I wish would be changed. I don't have many thus far, but here are the ones I have:

1) GET RID OF NPC TALK IN NORMAL CHAT! Sorry for shouting, but this really bugs me.
It makes it near impossible to see when players are using normal chat. It's such a clutter. I can see no reason for the incessant NPC chat. GET RID OF IT!

2) This is piddly I know, but I find it hard to read blue font. Like cs pets, their names are in blue, and very difficult to read. Make it a lighter blue, or better yet, change it to white like normal in-game pets.

3) In PWI, when you mouse-over the mini-map, a big yellow arrow appears on the main screen pointing out the direction. This makes it so much easier to go the direction you want to go.

4) And speaking of mini-map, redo the pointer thing which indicates YOU and which direction you are facing. Maybe it's just me, but it's hard for me to determine a lot of times which is the "pointy" end.

5) Make players able to JUMP higher. 'Nuff said.

That's it for now. Like I said, I know they're piddly little things that can fairly easily be worked around, or learned to live with, but they are also things which would make me love this game more; also I would think these are things that would be fairly easy for devs to modify. I would also like the ability to fly, and ways to actively earn Energy & Vigor, but I realize these probably take a heck of a lot more changes in code to effect, so I'll not beg for them.

Am also curious if anyone else has any little details that annoy them.
Post edited by glissante on

Comments

• Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    1) Totally agree.
    2) It is somewhat hard to read but you get used to it eventually. Not that important.
    3) This would be completely pointless since you can auto-walk to any part of the map you click, unlike in PWI.
    4) It seems fairly easy to me, but that's just me.
    5) NO. JUST NO. The characters are not frogs and the game is not a platformer. The current jump height is more than enough for anything important. What, make it like PWI which puts even Crash Bandicoot and Super Mario to shame with it's jumps?

I just want the game to save my graphic settings so I don't have to redo them when I open my computer again.

Also, this should probably be in the suggestions and not here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kantaryo - Storm Legion
    Kantaryo - Storm Legion Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I would like to see another AH NPC in other towns, lunagrad, wind town, etc. Sometimes is hard to go back to FH when you are in Kazoonga doing some quests and you ned to go back to AH to sell some stuff because your bag is full, etc.
    "Someone who never met God on Earth, would never meet Him in space".

Yuri Gagarin

=======================================
    I am the Sebestimator
  • Turul - Storm Legion
    Turul - Storm Legion Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    1.) I played many other mmorpgs and i here like that the NPC-s are speaking in normal chat, it makes the places/towns where are less players or noone (i mean on higher lvl maps) more live.

2.) I never had problem with blue pet names and they arent realy important only to check their color and players name under it is in white so u can read it.

3.) hmmm, i dont liked that feature in pwi

4.) no problem with direction of that triangle but i think sometimes its hard to find on map at all and i would like if mini map shows little colored triangles for party memberes

5.) with this jump height i'm ok, but i miss from pwi the x button when u run :D
  • Choppa - Storm Legion
    Choppa - Storm Legion Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I agree with 1.
  • Patty_ - Eyrda
    Patty_ - Eyrda Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    1) Does not bother me.
    2) Does not bother me.
    3) Does not bother me.
    4) Does not bother me.
    5) NO!

... No flying please, energy and vigor can be pain, but there are ways to restore it faster, I think.
  • IMBALANZE - Lionheart
    IMBALANZE - Lionheart Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    henry's quests that makes you run to lunar and pawn stuff. 1 after another.

guess what? kill bloodstained hunter. turn in. kill forest beetles -.-

pet can't be summoned when it's too hungry. well that's ok but it's too hungry at 50%? come on...if it's too hungry at 50% why do we need 1~49.99%? lower the bar please :)

can't do this while mounted. can't do that while mounted. might as well don't get on your mount -.-

and the random crashing. fix it please... :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
    drama aren't far from this siggy
  • Candenza - Eyrda
    Candenza - Eyrda Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    They should change the "general discussion" forum name to the "I want this changed and I QQ about that"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild: Final
  • deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Moved to Suggestion Box.

cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

[ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • Patty_ - Eyrda
    edited April 2011
    pet can't be summoned when it's too hungry. well that's ok but it's too hungry at 50%? come on...if it's too hungry at 50% why do we need 1~49.99%? lower the bar please :)
    So you would rather have negative values of hunger instead of green 1-49%? It does not seem better to me.
  • Lee - Eyrda
    Lee - Eyrda Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    This isn't PWI.

3) What's the point of big yellow arrows when you can just click on the mini map and auto path there... You should be glad that the autopath in FW isn't horrible like the one in PWI, where the only time you autopath is when you're flying.

4) 11rdg6b.png

5) No...there's no point whatsoever in allowing characters to jump that high in this game. The only thing I can think of would be ranged classes continuously hopping around like bunnies in guild wars or duels to avoid melee classes from hitting them.
  • MuMutastic - Storm Legion
    MuMutastic - Storm Legion Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    1. I ignore most all of the normal chat npc or player posted. That is why I suggested in another post about a guy asking questions that never get answered or even responded to in all chat, I suggested he just pm me or someone nearby. I always see the pink text but never the regular yellow.

The rest are non-issues for me ......well except I do sometimes have a bit of trouble finding the "me" arrow on the mini-map.

I would like the double jump feature simply to get out of town quicker or over a wall and back down to beat Lola home and the normal jump just doesn't quite get you over. It would also be nice double jumping with a mount over some of the narrow rivers (non-swimming mount) and I think I can make it over with double jump so as not to dismount.

Yes, I also know you can put your toon in first person view and pan up and use jump to make it over some walls but I am just not going to change my whole UI view to get over a wall and then have to change it all back to 3rd person. Just saying.
  • SoulMark - Illyfue
    SoulMark - Illyfue Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    OK,

Im really starting to hate this new group setting in instances where ppl have to vote to kick ppl its really annoying that this vote system is implemented.

Im sure alot of ppl hate this too it shud be removed. if this person isnt doing wat it shud be doing, then the party leader shud be able to remove ppl like they can out of instances.

Because this vote system doesnt work properly, isnt it the highest votes that want this person kicked, then that person shud be kicked if so then how does it explain 1 person votes no after the other 2 voted yes that person stays in team?

So as this person stays in team after more votes to be kicked out of team to 1 person voted no. it shud be revised or simply just put as it is out of instances. You dont do ur job or u do something u shudnt do get kicked auto with no votes.

Should be removed perma -_-
  • Patty_ - Eyrda
    edited April 2011
    I like the system where leader can't simply kick anyone for no reason. It is fair, it prevents jealous/rage kicks and ruining instance run just because leader does not like someone (nick, talk, anything). This system has to stay as long as we have the party queue system which brings random people together.
  • SoulMark - Illyfue
    edited April 2011
    I like the system where leader can't simply kick anyone for no reason. It is fair, it prevents jealous/rage kicks and ruining instance run just because leader does not like someone (nick, talk, anything). This system has to stay as long as we have the party queue system which brings random people together.

hmmm no reason thats fair enough. But wat u dont seem to recognize as alot of ppl do is the fact if someone aint doing nothing for party or ruining the instance, like pet instance Stealing someone else's pet soul, that person does it to a few members on the team they complain so yeah u wanna kick that person, that person gets more votes to be kicked but one person votes no that person doesnt get kicked, so please work that formula out....

The vote system shud work as its supposed to more yes votes = kick from party
    but just one person votes no that person doesnt get kicked so wats the point in the vote system?

But u dont address this problem as u put in ur post. You think all party members are good for the team if they dont do anything for the team they shudnt be allowed to stay, lets say u got a priest that just attacks and doesnt heal party or a protector not tanking etc thats ruining the instance and you wanna kick that person, problem is JUST one "NO" vote that person who's ruining the instance doesnt get kicked. So u see this system either needs to be scrapped or improved.
  • Abstina - Lionheart
    Abstina - Lionheart Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I do kinda think just one vote to keep them in the party shouldnt stop them from getting the boot. I mean I had 2 guys effing things up that were buddies and we couldnt get rid of them.

Or sometimes I get that one person who wont Vote Anyone off for Any reason at all. But dont speak or comment on anything. So we never know if they're even aware about why we're trying to kick a person.
  • SoulMark - Illyfue
    edited April 2011
    I do kinda think just one vote to keep them in the party shouldnt stop them from getting the boot. I mean I had 2 guys effing things up that were buddies and we couldnt get rid of them.

Or sometimes I get that one person who wont Vote Anyone off for Any reason at all. But dont speak or comment on anything. So we never know if they're even aware about why we're trying to kick a person.

Well in the last pet instance i did, we had 2 guys going round ksing and pet soul stealing from my wife and this other girl in party. i initiated the kick from team but the dude we was kicking his friend voted no so 2 yes votes got pushed over with 1 no vote.

Funny vote system, so if everyone voted no wud that person get kicked then? doubt that very much. So this stupid vote system for kicking someone is useless.