Why bother becoming Tamer 2+?

Comments

• Tsukiyo - Storm Legion
    Tsukiyo - Storm Legion Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    yo, little witch is the best pet for meh. It just doubles my cuteness!

Yeh tamer is useless, i'm a green pet user so i just bought one for 6 gold. I have 2 characters, and between the both of them, i have every job (bar mastery of armor and weapon of not my main), and I haven't touched tamer.. when i finish leveling armorcraft light mastery, i might do clothmastery on my alt.
  • Veloria - Storm Legion
    Veloria - Storm Legion Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Answering the "there's a lot of blue Nightmares, but no blue Witch":

When you capture nightmares, all of them are green. You have to be lucky to hatch a blue one and that is it.

Now, Witches, they normally are white. You have to be lucky twice. Once for getting a green egg and one more time to hatch a blue.

So, if we have 10% chances on obtaining a green egg, and 10% for hatching a rare one, the math is as follows:

Nightmare - 100% green egg - 10% blue pet
    Witch - 10% green egg - 1% blue pet (10% of 10%)

Thats only an example to make an explanation. None of these valors are comproved to be real.

Completely and totally untrue **** lol

It is totally possible to catch a blue Nightmare stone, it's just extremely rare... As is it possible to catch ANY pet green or blue.

And I love that you use completely made up percentages for hatching a pet beyond green/blue as well then use a "disclaimer" at the end to try and cover up your complete lack of knowledge.

And before you try and claim all nightmares are green, then explain the presence of Blue Nightmare pet stones that pop up on AH or in WC for sale every so often... Yeah.

And to whoever posted above about Witches being Basic Soul Catching, it's obvious you didn't even read my post or any of the posts thereafter in their entirety...

It's clearly stated in many posts including my OP that Witches are Adv. Catch 2...
    We GOT <Sebestimated> title~

~Paradise~

Watch out Pedobear...
    Loli Flamethrower FTW~
  • Candenza - Eyrda
    Candenza - Eyrda Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Yeah well it is kind of pointless untill the cap is raised, but I will still work on it and wait for 4 years for the level cap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild: Final
  • Veloria - Storm Legion
    edited April 2011
    Yeah well it is kind of pointless untill the cap is raised, but I will still work on it and wait for 4 years for the level cap.

EXACTLY!

Lol someone gets it T_T

~Paradise~

Watch out Pedobear...
    Loli Flamethrower FTW~
  • Azadre - Illyfue
    Azadre - Illyfue Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Yeah that was me who said witches got caught with basic soul-catching skill... forgot or missed what u posted, whatever. People make mistakes, it happens... don't know what it is with some people on these boards, they only seem to get their jollies from being miserable, sourpusses who enjoy picking apart peoples posts. Even if I agreed with you, you picked out the incorrect part in my post..... done with the thread.
  • MvP - Illyfue
    MvP - Illyfue Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Answering the "there's a lot of blue Nightmares, but no blue Witch":

When you capture nightmares, all of them are green. You have to be lucky to hatch a blue one and that is it.

Now, Witches, they normally are white. You have to be lucky twice. Once for getting a green egg and one more time to hatch a blue.

So, if we have 10% chances on obtaining a green egg, and 10% for hatching a rare one, the math is as follows:

Nightmare - 100% green egg - 10% blue pet
    Witch - 10% green egg - 1% blue pet (10% of 10%)

Thats only an example to make an explanation. None of these valors are comproved to be real.
    There is little witches as much as u want. While there is only 9 nightmares evry 4h.
    There is tons of people with lvl 1 tamer, while there is only like 10 people with lvl 2 tamer that I know.
    My friend captured like 100 and he didnt get any blue, just cuz they are green doesnt mean evry 10th is blue one.
  • CamuiGackt - Lionheart
    CamuiGackt - Lionheart Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Completely and totally untrue **** lol

It is totally possible to catch a blue Nightmare stone, it's just extremely rare... As is it possible to catch ANY pet green or blue.

And I love that you use completely made up percentages for hatching a pet beyond green/blue as well then use a "disclaimer" at the end to try and cover up your complete lack of knowledge.

And before you try and claim all nightmares are green, then explain the presence of Blue Nightmare pet stones that pop up on AH or in WC for sale every so often... Yeah.

And to whoever posted above about Witches being Basic Soul Catching, it's obvious you didn't even read my post or any of the posts thereafter in their entirety...

It's clearly stated in many posts including my OP that Witches are Adv. Catch 2...

Are you stupid or just a troll? Well, trolls are stupid also...so be it...

It's obvious the percentages are fake. It is only to explain why we have more blue nightmares than witches.

And now YOU say to me. How much blue nightmare eggs you got out there? And how much blue witches? lol are people this dumb nowadays?

First, learn math and statitics. After thar, you speak with me.

I'm done quoting dumb posts. QQ and troll all you want.

PS: Do discover the right percentages. It would be wonderfull to the 1337ness and nerdiness. Maybe it will be a question on your high school exams, or you can make a thesis aobut it when/if you graduate.

There is little witches as much as u want. While there is only 9 nightmares evry 4h.
    There is tons of people with lvl 1 tamer, while there is only like 10 people with lvl 2 tamer that I know.
    My friend captured like 100 and he didnt get any blue, just cuz they are green doesnt mean evry 10th is blue one.

Another dumb one. Who the hell is saying the chance is 10%? Do read ALL THE POST. Don't any of you know what does assumptions are? LEARN HOW TO REAAADDDDD!!!!! >.<

Also, every Nightmare soul you see can be tamed, but not every witch does leave a soul behind, and all lv 50's can enter 40's maps, but not all 40's know how to enter the 50's map. Also, not everyone has lv2 tamer, like you said. That only contributes for us having less blue witches than nights on action house. wth...
    Oh noes! I got <Sebestimated>!!!
  • OddFinrir - Lionheart
    OddFinrir - Lionheart Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I go for a nap and this thread turns troll crazy.......stick to the subject and stop insulting others. Go yell at your dolls if you want to use insults. By the way, your purple text is a little to neon and hard to read.
  • CamuiGackt - Lionheart
    edited April 2011
    I won't stop insulting trolls that doesn't know how to read. And the purple text is perfectly readable, unless you use a black/white monitor, or turn the brightness too low.
  • Ezmeralda - Storm Legion
    Ezmeralda - Storm Legion Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    With lvl 2 tamer you can catch: Forest Friend, Little Witch, Bear and I think you can catch Spider too.

The 1 thing I want them to remove is the "Capturing failed" thing. The Adv soul catching skill costs 5 energy to use every time. I lost 20 energy on 1 single soul today <.< Either remove the possibility to fail or increase energy regeneration.
    Name: Ezmeralda
    Class: Kindred mage
    Server: Storm
    Guild: Rebelz
  • siliconlife512
    siliconlife512 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    This is the same fight we've all been having we want something for tamer... and so far it's 2 pets... that's it... 959 pets hatched... to get a chance at 2 pets... and 1 extra incubation slot for REAL gold... we spend 5 times the energy to get the same thing as others get without it. As for other jobs having issues like weaponsmith and the like... you can choose to have scavanger and I see plenty of weapons/armor on our server crafted. If we choose to have tamer... we can't really take miner as it eats energy just the same as fishing does... so we are just asking for some kind of bonus for losing out on the other jobs for 2 pets which are no better then their counterparts.
  • Kantaryo - Storm Legion
    Kantaryo - Storm Legion Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    With lvl 2 tamer you can catch: Forest Friend, Little Witch, Bear and I think you can catch Spider too.

The 1 thing I want them to remove is the "Capturing failed" thing. The Adv soul catching skill costs 5 energy to use every time. I lost 20 energy on 1 single soul today <.< Either remove the possibility to fail or increase energy regeneration.

You dont need to be tamer 2 to catch Forest friend or bear, you need Tamer 2 to catch Little Witch.
    "Someone who never met God on Earth, would never meet Him in space".

Yuri Gagarin

=======================================
    I am the Sebestimator
  • deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Please refrain from flaming and also learn to use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE function.

cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

[ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • Veloria - Storm Legion
    edited April 2011
    I won't stop insulting trolls that doesn't know how to read. And the purple text is perfectly readable, unless you use a black/white monitor, or turn the brightness too low.

Yes... I'm trolling my own thread that I created out of concern for the job itself. Don't get all defensive cause I called you out and pointed out incorrect information in your post, regardless of whether you posted statistics just for the sake of statistics...

I've posted information I know to be true, have edited anything I got wrong and have corrected any misinformation people like you have posted while trying to keep the thread on track.

That being said, if you can't provide anything useful, please kindly gtfo... kthxbai

And I'll say it again, the whole point of all of this is my concern that, since the level cap is currently 70, I'm wondering why, as one of apparently few level 2 Tamers, I get nothing out of it except the ability to tame a Little Witch while if I didn't bother, I could get an equally decent pet with Basic Catch.

~Paradise~

Watch out Pedobear...
    Loli Flamethrower FTW~
  • Vickinia - Storm Legion
    Vickinia - Storm Legion Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Sry camui but the purple text is unreadable. The background of the forum is black and the purple color disappears. It is very hard to read, yellow could be a better choice.
  • CamuiGackt - Lionheart
    edited April 2011
    Yes... I'm trolling my own thread that I created out of concern for the job itself. Don't get all defensive cause I called you out and pointed out incorrect information in your post, regardless of whether you posted statistics just for the sake of statistics...

I've posted information I know to be true, have edited anything I got wrong and have corrected any misinformation people like you have posted while trying to keep the thread on track.

That being said, if you can't provide anything useful, please kindly gtfo... kthxbai

And I'll say it again, the whole point of all of this is my concern that, since the level cap is currently 70, I'm wondering why, as one of apparently few level 2 Tamers, I get nothing out of it except the ability to tame a Little Witch while if I didn't bother, I could get an equally decent pet with Basic Catch.

Not getting tfo just because some random wants. Also, it is obvious that informative text is useful. You just have to stop being dumb and assuming that we have to provide you with exact information when there is no necessity.

Someone said that there are way more blue nights than blue witchs and I pointed out why using random examples. It's simple logic using basic math. Not my fault if you are lazy or incapable of understanding it.

__

Btw. Now I'm using a brighter color. >.<

Edit: I made some updates on the topic where I point out why we have more blue Nights than blue Witches, for lazy people don't have the brains burnt trying to understand 6th grade maths.
  • Veloria - Storm Legion
    edited April 2011
    Fine then we can leave it at that and let the flaming end..

Honestly I just want some feedback...

There doesn't seem to be an incentive at least anytime in the near future to take Tamer. The job point it takes up seems like a waste at this point in time based on what we have available to us now

~Paradise~

Watch out Pedobear...
    Loli Flamethrower FTW~
  • ZeroBuster - Lionheart
    ZeroBuster - Lionheart Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    :3 since this about tamer thing what lvl tamer u need be to get that Dragon in AoS if he drop soul?
  • Candenza - Eyrda
    edited April 2011
    Fine then we can leave it at that and let the flaming end..

Honestly I just want some feedback...

There doesn't seem to be an incentive at least anytime in the near future to take Tamer. The job point it takes up seems like a waste at this point in time based on what we have available to us now

Honestly if you want to take it, take it, but actually putting effort into it might help down the road. Just not yet...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Omegarequim - Storm Legion
    Omegarequim - Storm Legion Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Few things I would like to say. First not ALL 50 pets are the same, you have 2 types Attack pet and Defense pet. Tree, Bear, Crab as Def. atm. For attack they have Spider, Griffin, Rex and Little Witches and Storm Dragonlings. Notice something? yea only 1 attack variety of pet for lvl 50 is available to the regular tamer without buying off cash shop or another player. Also another point not only to mention that tamer pets DO have better stats then the non tamer.
    Base attack at lvl 1:
    Storm Dragonling:720
    Little Witch, Griffin,Spider:660
    Bear, Tree, Bubble Crab:540

with that said there are also variations in that def of course will have lighter attack, but have much better defense.
  • Candenza - Eyrda
    edited April 2011
    Few things I would like to say. First not ALL 50 pets are the same, you have 2 types Attack pet and Defense pet. Tree, Bear, Crab as Def. atm. For attack they have Spider, Griffin, Rex and Little Witches and Storm Dragonlings. Notice something? yea only 1 attack variety of pet for lvl 50 is available to the regular tamer without buying off cash shop or another player. Also another point not only to mention that tamer pets DO have better stats then the non tamer.
    Base attack at lvl 1:

with that said there are also variations in that def of course will have lighter attack, but have much better defense.

That has nothing to do with what her actual point is. She was asking WHY is it valuable right NOW in the game to level your pet taming past LEVEL 2. Not what pet does what. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tomal - Eyrda
    Tomal - Eyrda Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Also another point not only to mention that tamer pets DO have better stats then the non tamer.
    Base attack at lvl 1:

I must be missing something. Spider is a regular pet in advanced CV, no?

Base stats for a spider:
    Health: 1162
    Mana: 1046
    Attack: 660
    Defense: 93

Compare that to a Tamer 2 pet Little Witch:

They are EXACTLY the SAME. How is this tamer job lv2 exclusive pet better than the rest in any way if not for the looks?

I do have tamer job on my main toon. I have it leveled to 2. I also spent 10 gold to buy the 3rd incubation slot. And most importantly, like so many others in this thread, I feel it to be utterly useless. No, I won't be freezing up the job point. I have the other jobs covered with my level 44 protector. But I'd really want to see something good done about the tamer job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veloria - Storm Legion
    edited April 2011
    I must be missing something. Spider is a regular pet in advanced CV, no?

Base stats for a spider:

Compare that to a Tamer 2 pet Little Witch:

They are EXACTLY the SAME. How is this tamer job lv2 exclusive pet better than the rest in any way if not for the looks?

I do have tamer job on my main toon. I have it leveled to 2. I also spent 10 gold to buy the 3rd incubation slot. And most importantly, like so many others in this thread, I feel it to be utterly useless. No, I won't be freezing up the job point. I have the other jobs covered with my level 44 protector. But I'd really want to see something good done about the tamer job.
    That has nothing to do with what her actual point is. She was asking WHY is it valuable right NOW in the game to level your pet taming past LEVEL 2. Not what pet does what. >_>

ZOMG thank you. I dont even have to repeat myself guys. Appreciate it.

Just a small example, to recap:

Little Witch: Tamer 2
    660atk

Griffin: Tamer 1
    660atk

Spider: Basic Soul Catch
    660atk

Seeing a problem here? I do...

This is the problem

~Paradise~

Watch out Pedobear...
    Loli Flamethrower FTW~
  • CamuiGackt - Lionheart
    edited April 2011
    They are not better. They are just different. People will want it and if they do'nt want to pay, they will have to have the job.

The best pets will always reside in the cash shop. It's folklore of PWE games.

The conclusion is:

Yes. Tamer skill is not worth leveling, nor having it. It would be worth if the only pets we were able to obtain without it were the ones at Creecbank, that is an event that you can enter a limited times per day, and have time limit, and the ones at Rachel's, that have pretty low growth rates.
  • Veloria - Storm Legion
    edited April 2011
    That's all fine and dandy that we get different looking pets... And I am all for it, I like collecting them. But that shouldn't be the only function of the job...

How about increasing chance to capture green/blue stones? Increase chances of longer incubation? Increase chances of soul leaking out after a kill...

Even increased chances for pet combine not to fail...

Something~

~Paradise~

Watch out Pedobear...
    Loli Flamethrower FTW~
  • Omegarequi - Storm Legion
    Omegarequi - Storm Legion Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Oh btw...i got the griffin wrong its attack is 685 not 660, if not for greens i can guarantee it for blues. When i hatched mine lvl 1 had 685 and this picture here is another blue (ignore the talents just look at base stats)and ontop of that also another tamer only pet the Dragon-ling has 720 atk not huge increases. Although for something this small I have to admit tamer isn't really worth it, but i still love it :)
    [IMG][/img]129239151110121b7346212.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • Candenza - Eyrda
    edited April 2011
    I want a blue witchy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Odetagowo - Eyrda
    Odetagowo - Eyrda Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    why you all look base stat when you have to look growth rate :x
  • Candenza - Eyrda
    edited April 2011
    why you all look base stat when you have to look growth rate :x

You should look at BOTH but right now they are just comparing bases.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veloria - Storm Legion
    edited April 2011
    Yeah we are comparing bases because its easiest to see the difference. Yes growth fluctuates but in general they are about the same between the pets.... as in the 3 atk pets of the same quality, lets say green, have the same range of growth rates possible, so from pet to pet yes a difference but in terms of variation its about the same.

~Paradise~

Watch out Pedobear...
    Loli Flamethrower FTW~