how about a NEW FACTION.. so FvF?

PurpleBanana - Eyrda
PurpleBanana - Eyrda Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Suggestion Box
the race that we currently have seems to be all in the good side.. what if we add a evil side (race)... so it would have the instances and other faction that you fight against...if this is done right it would just complete the game....

also if this really happens....player should get points for killing the other faction so with that points you could get an superb armours and weapons.... a game called Aika has this system and it's awesome.... ( know for there RvR system)

i know a lot of people that are in to that kind of games ( Faction vs Faction) and lets face it.. killing the other faction that is not on your side is fun...

its a thought so yeah...comment, agree or disagree....
Post edited by PurpleBanana - Eyrda on

Comments

• sesheenku
    sesheenku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Oh boy you've done it now, prepare for angry players attacking you for comparing this game to Aika.
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15047437000&dateline=1290559725[/SIGPIC]
    Made by me ;D

-> I'm no longer in that guild but I'm a bit lazy to change my sig which I made anyways.
  • PurpleBanana - Eyrda
    PurpleBanana - Eyrda Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    sesheenku wrote: »
    Oh boy you've done it now, prepare for angry players attacking you for comparing this game to Aika.

im not saying that Aika is a better game.... just taking some good features from other games and applying them to forsaken world... it was a suggestion.. i personally like this game loads better than Aika....
  • hokachi
    hokachi Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Agree on Fraction vs. Fraction... getting bored in PVE server and waiting for other guilds to accept Guild Wars to pvp.

^Bump^

Other fractions: Human vs. Troll, Elf vs. Orc, Drawf vs. Goblins (Similar to the ones in nightmares carnival ^^), Stoneman vs. Lavaman or Deadwood (from Heroes of newerth), Kindred vs Werewolf
  • LeY - Eyrda
    LeY - Eyrda Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    yup is more fun pvp in faction vs faction, u have some real reason for kill and not only pk for overpower...
  • hokachi
    hokachi Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I forgot to mentions while i was reading other suggestion...with fraction vs fraction you can have the new fraction have different classes. For example, Archer class for trolls, Transformation class for werewolves, Lancer class for Orc, Berserker class wielding AXE for Lavaman, Summoner class, etcs.

xD

Just a suggestion..it be nice to have another fraction with other unique classes along with the basic assassin, warrior, mage, and protector
  • majixe15
    majixe15 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'd love to see Faction vs Faction in this game. I use to play Aika as well and I believe that was that game's absolute best feature (personally I think Forsaken World has it beat everywhere else... it's just that one aspect of Aika keeps coming back to me)

Having something like that in the game actually gives you something more to work for than to just be a bad ****. It gives you something to do with all of those skills and it makes the game overall more exciting.

Forsaken World has left enough of the map blank that they could easily add another conflicting faction in no problem, and i believe it would be something that would help myself, and others, stick with the game for good. (because honestly, without something like that to work towards, when it's just quests and grinding and instances... it gets kinda boring :/ in my opinion)
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    it would be interesting course it would take forever for the devs to come up with it and have their own starting areas, quests, storyline, etc
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • Xevsh - Storm Legion
    Xevsh - Storm Legion Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Ive had this idea for a while now as the Werewolves seem almost perfect in terms of variety of styles to be a playable class. The problem with this is you would have to create a similar amount of races for this evil faction and a similar amount of areas, more or less like Aion. You could not have the evil faction based anywhere near Freedom Harbor as why would you be attacking your Storm Legion allies that are around the Harbor. Youd have to create new maps filled with monsters/enemies allied with the current faction.

Perhaps a better idea is to of course add a few more races/classes to the current faction, but to also create a division in the current faction. For example, Sub-Faction A focuses on violence to crush the Storm Legion, while Sub-Faction B focuses on try to go about dealing with the Storm Legion in a more peaceful way. This way both could occupy the same space, but could also PvP from time to time for control of the "government."
    NoxAeterna now Recruiting! Storm Legion PvE Server

File an Application on our Website: www. tinyurl .com/fwnox (remove the spaces)

Note: Nox Aeterna means Eternal Night in Latin. Wow, you just learned some Latin from reading this! ;)
  • ouriel125
    ouriel125 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    hokachi wrote: »
    Agree on Fraction vs. Fraction... getting bored in PVE server and waiting for other guilds to accept Guild Wars to pvp.

^Bump^

Other fractions: Human vs. Troll, Elf vs. Orc, Drawf vs. Goblins (Similar to the ones in nightmares carnival ^^), Stoneman vs. Lavaman or Deadwood (from Heroes of newerth), Kindred vs Werewolf

You mean faction, not fraction eh?

I've made a topic about having an evil side and got trolled to dead for mentioning Ogres, Werewolfs, Goblins and some other races and mostly because I mentioned WoW. But, if there is no Faction vs. Faction, then there can be a political system like the one in Lineage 2, Aika or TERA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Axym - Lionheart
    Axym - Lionheart Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I love this idea, but then again I'm a little biased, seeing as I love playing the "bad peopl."

But just fyi, we already have an arch nemesis (Lionheart Champions vs. Storm Legion) d'uh!:p

All we need now is the ability to be the Storm legion.... lol.

Werewolves sound cool, but I'd also love to play centaurs! (Centaur mages ftw! >.<)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As long as I'm captain, the rum shall never be gone.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes courtesy of Deltatroopa
  • ilithiosgr
    ilithiosgr Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i agree with FvF but guys not trolls,werewolves,goblins....the game is similar to wow.i dont want these classes theyll remind me of wow more...and it will start sucking.we need more unique races.like lavamen or deadwoods as mentioned above.
  • Saxum - Eyrda
    Saxum - Eyrda Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Love the idea but i agree with ilithiosgr different classes like maby cenataurs, ghosts etc
    66 not 38
  • Eru - Lionheart
    Eru - Lionheart Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    that would be fun,

MAYBE.....Lionheart vs the kindred circles or whatever but idk thats more like rep

but if anything i wonder what fraction would be there?

But i do agree a lot to this
  • Morik - Illyfue
    Morik - Illyfue Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    the factions may be Arnakor vs Balasaus:P lol random names i got from my brain:D and we need classes like venomancers,illusionists,stalkers,archers,shadowalkers,mechanists etc etc...i think they are cool...oh and im ilithiosgr:P
  • Ashaw - Eyrda
    Ashaw - Eyrda Posts: 1,127 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I felt like this should be
    1. BUMPED

but i think since Storm i think is the enemy right? and we have people from everyrace go rogue and join them right? so its not out of the question for FvF or Server vs Server. i forgot what game but it was server vs server and it made server comeptition INTENSE because a server would get like a hour of exp boost or double the money from dropped or hour of more likely to drop better things. i mean the S vs S was bascially anyone in the servers that was within 5 levels from max could join and only 100 people could join and the server people could join with a party or auto party were it picks one for you. it was a tournament style were each battle was 10 minutes and what ever team had most people dead lost. your would revive in a safe zone but once you left your back in battle. so it kept going for all ten minutes. if tied then its a redo. this though would last hours. oh yeah they had 30 seconds time limit to stay in safe zone or they teleported to middle of arena.
    Class Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188881

Race Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=193701

They know I'm right -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3587381&postcount=43

[SIGPIC]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/277/1/0/ashaw_siggy_1_by_zerojigoku-d4bsgdu.png[/SIGPIC]
    I dont play Ashaw anymore -_- its a boring class
  • Lestat - Eyrda
    Lestat - Eyrda Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    how about this?
    Lionheart Champions vs Storm Legion?
    no need to 'add new factions'.
    I did not paint the red door black, i commanded it thus. and so it was. open the door, for fear is where you go to learn.
  • Ashaw - Eyrda
    edited May 2011
    thats what i was thinking but the problem is they need a event where you do a quest and you get a scroll to switch factions that you can have for 7days till it expires and need to add a choose faction. the weird thing is they already hav factions if you click "R" while in game you will see
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

[SIGPIC]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/277/1/0/ashaw_siggy_1_by_zerojigoku-d4bsgdu.png[/SIGPIC]
  • RT_Deviance - Lionheart
    RT_Deviance - Lionheart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    But how about we let the Devs finish the Core of this game first,

(ie Skill Trees, Content, Guild Alliance System, Market Place Instance, More Chinese to English Translation and the list goes on)

before reworking the core of the game so people can play "werewolves" because that's what this tread really seems to be about or at least that what this tread really seems to be about.

What your asking for is a completely different game,

Now not to be a troll, but if you want to play a game like that......plenty of them out there,

a lot are Free to Play ones too,

so stop trying to break a game that a lot of people signed up for into a different game just because a few want to play a "Furry Class" or be on a "Bad Guy" team.

Last Core Update in PWI broke the game for many Players on older computers (Not me mind you) and these people used Item Mall" for years.

So once again, stop trying to break something that isn't finished and reforming it into a different game that suits Your playstyle, if you want to play a game like that, then go play one because this one isn't
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Question: if you want to play this game, then spend time on the forums complaining about it not having the playstyle you want, making suggestions that will in essence change it into a different game, then by all means go "PLAY THAT ONE" and stop trying to break this one.......
  • Sesshou - Eyrda
    Sesshou - Eyrda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Im srry but im oposing this, stealing systems from other games is fail, if there cant be originality i say fck it. Also Aika AND WoW got this system, why copy even more? FW is the first idea from Wan Mei, therefore it got some WoW points in it.

Also, if it doesnt come from chinese version we wont get it. So if you want this to ever happen, learn some chinese and suggest it there.
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Im srry but im oposing this, stealing systems from other games is fail, if there cant be originality i say fck it. Also Aika AND WoW got this system, why copy even more? FW is the first idea from Wan Mei, therefore it got some WoW points in it.

Also, if it doesnt come from chinese version we wont get it. So if you want this to ever happen, learn some chinese and suggest it there.

but but but but copying ideas from games like WoW and Aika is fun and makes other people thing your smart for coming up with the idea to rip off the game you got the idea from 8P
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • Sesshou - Eyrda
    edited May 2011
    but but but but copying ideas from games like WoW and Aika is fun and makes other people thing your smart for coming up with the idea to rip off the game you got the idea from 8P

lol, WoW got like... 7-8 years now? Aika got 1 so far as i know... if FW gonna get it its...

Aika stole it from WoW, FW stole it from Aika, no originality left.
  • Ashaw - Eyrda
    edited May 2011
    Hey dont say there is no originality left.
    Forsaken world tried Stonemen :D dude THATS a first i never heard of rock people in a mmorpg that you can be. vampire and bards are rare classes to find. NO ONE COMMENT AND SAY PROTECTORS! there palis

Forsaken world tried so give them credit but i think they could of had more classes and more pvp options. but its a nice balanced mmorpg until they turn it into a cash cow like perfectworld
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

• Sesshou - Eyrda
    edited May 2011
    Hey dont say there is no originality left.
    Forsaken world tried Stonemen :D dude THATS a first i never heard of rock people in a mmorpg that you can be. vampire and bards are rare classes to find. NO ONE COMMENT AND SAY PROTECTORS! there palis

Forsaken world tried so give them credit but i think they could of had more classes and more pvp options. but its a nice balanced mmorpg until they turn it into a cash cow like perfectworld

Well, if its like PWI it will be killed by CS in... 2-3 years. which imo is good enuf time for me to enjoy the game haha.
  • Grasten - Nyos
    Grasten - Nyos Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    What I'd like to see is three different factions. I know it won't happen, just thinking out loud.

Imagine an epic war between two factions - then suddenly a large group from the third faction joins and slaughters the one stuck in the middle. Three-way wars. I'd love that.

Of course, the current PK system should still be there. I still want to be able to kill who I want, when I want.

The first two factions are obvious - The Lionheart Champions and the Storm Legion. But the third? No idea. Maybe an army of a powerhungry necromancer who has raised the dead of a variety of the Lionheart Champions and Storm Legion races.

The Storm Legion, by the way, should have races that already exist in the game. Like Centaurs, Storm Legion Humans, Werewolves, Hobgoblins and stuff.

Wow. This reply became a lot longer than the two or three lines i had imagined.
  • Lestat - Eyrda
    Lestat - Eyrda Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    how about this?
    Lionheart Champions vs Storm Legion?
    no need to 'add new factions'.

this or gtfo. it's the easiest for the Dev's to do, and makes the most sense.
    I did not paint the red door black, i commanded it thus. and so it was. open the door, for fear is where you go to learn.
  • Grasten - Nyos
    Grasten - Nyos Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    No need to be rude, I said I was just thinking out loud knowing it wont happen.

And if we're talking about what is the most simple for the dev team, just leaving it the way it is is a heck of a lot easier isn't it? It's already more than good enough anyway.

Edit: Also, how do you mean it makes no sense? If you mean it makes no sense because nothing about the third faction was mentioned before, then there are a lot of sequels and expansions to games and even movies and books that makes no sense and therefore shouldn't exist because a key element of the expansion or sequel wasn't mentioned before. Unknown people appearing out of nowhere and stuff.