Rant (laugh at it your choice :p)

AgentRed - Eyrda
AgentRed - Eyrda Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
Hello, first up thank you for reading my thread, What will be discussed is:
-Nightmare Carnival
-Dunce vampires
-Stupid people all round
Let us begin with Nightmare Carnival shall we?

Story:
I was entering nightmare carnival and we had a party with 3 failures (2 actually cuz one got pissed, PKed one of the failres and left).

ANYWAY idiots who can't do maths is pretty common in FW. The main thing here is players who cant speak english and still enter these instances which require communication.

We had a team, everything was going good and sorts till we came to the weight department. First up the dumb assassin apparently this person saw it fit to kill everything killable on the weights making the team fail numerous times before the mage dropped party PKed him and left instance.

Next up we have a pile of foreign rock.

Ok people, if you are going to play FW PLEASE, I repeat, PLEASE make sure you speak english. This dumb**** came into an instance and when asked to step onto a weight, his reply was that "I BR". So the rest of the party is like can't you speak english? reply? "I BR". From this day I've never met someone stupid enough to play an mmo without having some background on the game language.

Ok and now for Dunce Vampires, this was totally ment to insult dumb vampires and if you were insulted because you play exactly like this then suck it up and quit vampire.

First up people, LEARN YOUR DAMN SKILLS! I had several encounters with stupid vampires on characters before I made one myself (and I am enjoying it, just gotta get the hang of PvP) but seriously you do not argue with the priest and call them fail because you said hey let the assassin tank cuz ther liek 5 healer in thar and then when the time for you to heal because you open your ****ing mouth tell the party you cannot heal during combat. THAT IS BULL

ALL VAMPIRE SKILLS ARE USABLE IN COMBAT

next up, the I'm so pro tank vampires.

If you have a protector in the party and everything is going on fine, you do not run head on into a horde of monsters and then drag them back while yellering at the priest to heal your stupid *** cuz you want to tank. There's a protector present, they can do their job, LET THEM DO IT OH **** MAN.

The next type of vampire I will discuss happens sometimes but still.

There are those vampires who use 0 skills, yea I mean NONE, NADA, ZILCH. They will sit there, double click the mob and normal attack it till it dies then claim to be a blood vamp when you ask why they normal attack (cuz you know vampire sigil looks similar to some of the normal attacks)

Then we have the general stupid people, these people, I MEAN SERIOUSLY WHO MADE YOU. You do not demand the priest to heal your pet solely because they are a healer. (This happened in an Instance where the protector got his junk handed to him in a plastic bag from a mage who got pissed off at him in the instance for him demanding the priest to heal his pet and flooding chat)

Assassins, stealth does not work on mobs, do not try it please (Happened in a beginner instance where a funny assassin decided to use stealth to bypass Duo)

Priests you do not yell at off healers to do the job you were supposed to be doing in the first place especially if its a random party and you are better suited for it

Stonemen: Look I don't know where you got this idea that you are important, but you aren't sorry to disappoint. Blood Vampires and Aegis Warriors can do that job as well, maybe not as good but they still can so STFU.

Also Stonemen if you tell the priest not to heal you, be prepared to die (happened in an emperor canyon instance where the priest got tired of being yelled at and talked back so the protector told the priest not to heal him. It turned out wonderfully)

Thats all I guess
Post edited by AgentRed - Eyrda on

Comments

• Cheg - Storm Legion
    Cheg - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    5/5, would read again.
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Cool story bro

cool-story-bro-house.jpg
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • BobZeConqueror - Eyrda
    BobZeConqueror - Eyrda Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Man, I really need to start doing some pub groups for some entertainment.
  • deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I don't know... expecting some form of intelligence in an MMO is already...

cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

[ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • Avion - Eyrda
    Avion - Eyrda Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    "Ok people, if you are going to play FW PLEASE, I repeat, PLEASE make sure you speak english. This dumb**** came into an instance and when asked to step onto a weight, his reply was that "I BR". So the rest of the party is like can't you speak english? reply? "I BR". From this day I've never met someone stupid enough to play an mmo without having some background on the game language."

That made me lol. that happens way too much.
    Grape Drank
  • Pieflavor - Storm Legion
    Pieflavor - Storm Legion Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Good rant, good rant
    <Sebestimated>
    GOT this title as Storm downtime compensation
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    So damn true...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • miller0000
    miller0000 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Nicely done!

images%3Fq%3Drant%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1360%26bih%3D593%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1
  • lizabelle
    lizabelle Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    LOVE IT! Especially the last one. That is a huge pet peeve of mine. Why on earth should the healer waste mana healing your pet in combat??? Get some dang pet heath pots ffs! I have NEVER asked a healer to heal my pet. I forget pots for my pet, my fault and my responsibility.

Also the healing issue. Can I add one in there? When running by a class who is possibly a healer while out questing, it is quite rude to stop them and demand they heal you. I don't mean "Hey would you mind shooting me a heal if you don't mind?" I mean "Heal me.". No I will not stop and heal you. Besides I can't heal you outside of a party, I have one healing spell right now and it only heals party members. Go sit down and eat something or pop a pot.

Or the situation last night. Tank from hell in EC. I don't need to be in there except for I picked it up as a guild quest. It is poor form for the tank to be constantly yelling at the healer to heal him. You're alive right? THEY ARE HEALING YOU! If you get nervous, as I said before, pop a pot. If the healer dies from mobs attacking them and they are far enough back where this should not happen....don't blame the priest and make comments about how bad they suck. YOU SUCK...YOU'RE THE TANK! Oh and when the priest is running back after dying, it's a bad idea to run ahead and pull mobs and then start screeching that you need healing. Priest isn't there yet, you're the idiot who went ahead and pulled. Oh and when you are called out on it by the entire party, don't be a dope and claim you just got out of the shower and it was your brother playing. *shakes head*
  • MvP - Illyfue
    MvP - Illyfue Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I totaly agree with you. There should be some IQ test and english test before you can create character.
    Im seriously start makin screenshots of idiots, you cant believe what idiots are out there.
  • Liviya - Storm Legion
    Liviya - Storm Legion Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The Nightmare Carnival scenario reminds me of something that happened in my random party a week ago..

This guy - forgot his name =x - apparently devotes his life to annoying random victims in an MMO by killing all the mobs on the weights again and again and saying stuff like 'what u gonna do about it'. Sadly, since he was the party leader he couldn't be kicked, so at some point we all had to leave. Sometimes I hate being on a PVE server.. can't PK arses like them on the spot.. Meh.

I vote PVE and PVE realms for all servers so players can play as they please like with the German and French server.. Sigh..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tomal - Eyrda
    Tomal - Eyrda Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    This dumb**** came into an instance and when asked to step onto a weight, his reply was that "I BR".

Cura meu pet

Hey thanks to FW I learnt something to say in Portuguese :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • galz
    galz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i wonder what are guilds for.
  • ouriel125
    ouriel125 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Story:
    I was entering nightmare carnival and we had a party with 3 failures (2 actually cuz one got pissed, PKed one of the failres and left).

ANYWAY idiots who can't do maths is pretty common in FW. The main thing here is players who cant speak english and still enter these instances which require communication.

We had a team, everything was going good and sorts till we came to the weight department. First up the dumb assassin apparently this person saw it fit to kill everything killable on the weights making the team fail numerous times before the mage dropped party PKed him and left instance.

Next up we have a pile of foreign rock.

Ok people, if you are going to play FW PLEASE, I repeat, PLEASE make sure you speak english. This dumb**** came into an instance and when asked to step onto a weight, his reply was that "I BR". So the rest of the party is like can't you speak english? reply? "I BR". From this day I've never met someone stupid enough to play an mmo without having some background on the game language.

I lol'ed hard at this. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jixxi - Eyrda
    Jixxi - Eyrda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Lmao. Good rant. So true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• blueparrot86
    blueparrot86 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Another true story just happened about 30 minutes ago. This is written from the viewpoint of the warrior.

It happened in a GL instance. The party was made up of 1 priest, 1mm, 2 sins, 1 war, and 1 mage. When the crystalized demon spawned, the warrior was trying to get a 3 mins attack buff for the party. But the rest of the party just screamed: "Warrior TANK!". They even went as far as to push away the green crystal from the crystalized demon and into the massive green flare.

Of course there's no point in arguing since the green crystal is gone. So the battle begins. For some reason, the mage and the mm is so attracted by the crystalized demon that they decided to stay near him. The priest was healing to her best, but unfortunately couldn't keep up. So she had to do a lot of funerals.

However, the people who were just revived simply stood at the respawn point and screamed :"HEAL priest! Noob priest!". They did not even bother to use their pots. Poor priest. Eventually I told her that this GL is effectively over. She agreed, and we left the party.

A minute later, her name was mentioned in the world chat for all the wrong reasons. I don't know what happend to her, but she logged off after that.
  • AgentRed - Eyrda
    edited April 2011
    ty for the replies all :D and cool stories blueparrot86, lizabelle and Liviya
  • AlucardStJames - Storm Legion
    AlucardStJames - Storm Legion Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    +1 Expert rant points.

The BR thing is soo much a pain.. I hate people that cant speak English in parties floodig party chat with the **** too.

You want to babble in another language do it in PM or someplace else. Party chat should be reserved for chat that is valid to the Party.. not to 1 or 2 peopel bablble about god knows what. Get your own guilds and party with peopel you can communicate with. Dont **** everyone elses gaming experiance for nothing.

Dont get me wrong. I dont have an issue with peopel who only speak foreign. langues. I just thin its fairly ignorant to **** with other peoples gameplay when your not able to properly contribute to the game, and if you cant speak english guess what... YOu need to moeve on. Besides IF your english is so poor.. WTF are you able to understand other importnat things like quest details and objectives??? Sometimes i trullly belvie they do it just to be A$$hats.. which makes you a bigger jerk then the peopel blasting you in ignorant ways for not Knowing English.. If you dont know English then Why the hell are you bothering top play andf English MMO that was desgined from the ground up for an English audinence... GTFO and go play your own games ro at least stay out of general parties where you cant understand or communicate with everyone.

(yes and the irony of this post IS apparent to me both in poor spellign and the fact that they should not be able to unerstand this .. but F**k it.. i had to get that off my chest)
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    good rant. had 2 parts of your rant happen to me in gt and nc

1 there was a moron vamp that also f'ed up on the weights by try to take charge of the circle i had been in charge of for the whole thing (we were at like the 8th when he decided to show his colors of stupidity) he decided to tell someone to go on my circle when i had the correct weight so we failed. next round he killed a goblin in the OTHER circle when she had the correct weight and failed that so i told him. "do it again and im kicking you" oh this doesn't even compare to how stupid he was with the hit the dummy's as he seemed to be illiterate as he didn't understand the meaning of "don't do as i say except attack a scarecrow" and "do what i do" as he would attack the scarecrow that the coach said instead of any of the others or the one he attacked.
    then there was gt where we had only a vamp who was spec'd inferno and when we got to the boss people were getting low on health and all of us told him to heal the tank and the vamp said this. "im not spec'd blood i can't heal" that just made me face palm i have a guild member thats spec'd inferno and he has like 1 or 2 heals he can do so saying he couldn't heal is ****
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • Kitty_Litt - Storm Legion
    Kitty_Litt - Storm Legion Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    +1,000,000.

Absolutely true on all fronts. I have been playing MMOs for several years and I do believe this one may have the highest concentration of idiots I have ever seen. And don't even get me started on the ones who play on a US server and don't speak English.

Amazing how even the most "OP" class can be ruined by some buffoon who has no idea what he/she is doing. My main is a mage, which has got to be the easiest job in this game (stand there and kill stuff, if you get aggro just run away) yet I have run across some who do not seem to understand that your auto-attack is not sufficient to get the job done.

I would like to add that Vamps have a difficult job (my alt is a Dark vamp and I played one in CB), but anyone who has spent 3 seconds perusing the forums should know that, so why someone who wants to simply DPS targets down would roll a Vamp is beyond me. If you are going to play a support class, please, for the love of God, be willing to support, mmk?

Anyhow thanks for the rant. Most of us are feeling exactly what you are saying.
  • Axym - Lionheart
    Axym - Lionheart Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'm afraid I have to agree with all fronts, the amount of idiots in this game are startling high... and I played many, many mmos. It's actually funny though, it allows me to tell stories to my bf when he's usually the one with stories about cod/moh and what-have-you.

My favorite has to a be a recent one, I was looking for an agt party and this group of 30's invited me saying they'd do it. We ended up in a regular dungeon but, since I was litterally 7 levels above the next highest it was still rather interesting, I took out 3 pillars, not on my own, but still, three... surprised me we actually got all 6 pillars done.

Next favorite? I won't say names, but this particular bard that has no observation skills...
    I'm in a pug for LH (sometimes the only way to get in). Priest is fail by not bringing any pots or drinks so half way through the prot leaves, leaving our sin/vamp duo to tank. She invites her bard friend for support heals and then he too realizes he has no drinks or pots, brilliant. After the second boss we do the priest leaves to go get pots and drinks, and can't find her way back into the instance. The sin/vamp people go on ahead and the bard thinks it's his duty to save them so he runs off after them, far, far behind though so all the mobs had respawned and were attacking him. He starting screaming "help" in chat so I ran to go try to help him, and when I got to him, I had a few mobs on me. He was only not in any danger, but failed to notice me right next to him calling out to him (for help) and trying to fight. I died and miracously they didn't attack him, but when I tried to get him to res or something (I don't know if bards can do that) he again ignored me, I stayed there for a full five minutes calling out to him (in both party and near chats) and nothing. I rezzed and was about to start the long trek back when he goes "Where's mm?" I ripped him a new one explaining how I was right there and left the party. Oddly, he friended me, I accepted, only to know never to party with this clueless individual again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As long as I'm captain, the rum shall never be gone.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes courtesy of Deltatroopa
  • AgentRed - Eyrda
    edited April 2011
    well this sucks, why couldn't stupid be a minority :-/
  • kumagnakalb0
    kumagnakalb0 Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    101% agree... Especially on NC... i really don't go random PT in Nightmare Carnival... I always stick with my guildmates in order to avoid epic failzor...
  • Evangeline - Eyrda
    Evangeline - Eyrda Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    brfw0.th.png

edit: ihuuuu
    4 edits but i did it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    brfw0.th.png

edit: ihuuuu
    4 edits but i did it

I find no flaws in your theory..
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • SinfulDelu - Lionheart
    SinfulDelu - Lionheart Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    totally agree

and yeah inferno vamps have two heal skills after lvl 40 I think it was. One heals over time and one is a lump sum, which you get early on.

Seriously wish some players could figure out the class they chose and get the right gear.
    Shard gear isn't that hard to get yet I see lvl 50's running around in 30 gear. Sometimes
    not even upgraded.

Yeah, if you are hoping for an instance party, remember to get pots... zzz Not sure how many times I've been asked to share what I have. Hello, I came prepared for me....

Love the rant!
  • Wesomer - Eyrda
    Wesomer - Eyrda Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'm finding fw to have a strangely mindless community.

I don't understand why people are incapable of basic math (as in, 2 + 3 = 5), and then when their teammates just give up on waiting for them to figure out what to do on their own, and simply start calling out their names to come into the circles, the people just stand there, or better yet, respond with "what?"

And why am I yelled at for attacking the scarecrows in the 2nd game, when.. I'm not attacking them, and it's actually the pet of the person yelling at me.

And why am I sent a random invitation to a guild, and then after declining it and making a comment about how stupid that sort of recruiting is, I am then called weak trash by the person that JUST INVITED ME TO THEIR GUILD. Why are people going around inviting random "trash" to their guild?
  • Candenza - Eyrda
    Candenza - Eyrda Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Simple answer to why people don't understand basic math:
    They are from america.
    I honestly had someone say they are using a calculator during NC.
    =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild: Final
  • SinfulDelu - Lionheart
    SinfulDelu - Lionheart Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Simple answer to why people don't understand basic math:
    They are from america.
    I honestly had someone say they are using a calculator during NC.
    =/

omg seriously? It's basic math.. ADDITION! Can't be all americans... Some of us are actually versed in those sort of things. I will admit there are a few people around here that I think should try a little harder. (that's being nice)

Side note. I remember a few LH parties where the priest was also playing the warrior and forgot to heal his own char and I got yelled at. Then he said he had no pots/foods and told me to heal at the same time he claimed to be dps. Didn't surprise me when he started yelling in another language, the only english I got after that was "I have no heals". O.O
  • VespeRPK - Nyos
    VespeRPK - Nyos Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I agree in 10000% with this story , especially this part about stonemas. Or it was aos or wraith castle floor 1 many of them yell on me cos i get aggro into me(naturl line on frenzy stance) , second they yell on healers that when i get aggro to not heal me cos i am not tanker , wtf ? , another prot yell on all party bcos he go into WC and wait for manscript only without killing mobs , we kick him and he start yell report us and that this weak warrior cannot tank boss here. Atleast we end this with 5 ppl in party ;-) and last thing about stonemans , i go with friend on aos , two warriors , mage priest , and mm , and we look for protector , we get one from world chat and start arena , and jus after start he say that we will give him all drops from instance, if no he will leave and we not end this 9/9 arena, we booted him and make all round with moroda to. He should be saad cos we drop weapon and nive head for protector. Thats all.