want to make new PC help pls

Annie - Illyfue
Annie - Illyfue Posts: 120 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Off-Topic Discussion
so i want to make a new pc and some one told me what to buy but i have no idea how much it will cost or if they are compatable one with another if anyone is good with this kind of things could you help me please iv posted this on several forums i want to be 100% sure that what im getting is going to work and last

Core
INTEL CORE I7 2600K, LGA1155, 3.4GHz, 8MB LEVEL3, 95W, QUAD CORE, BOX

Memory Ram
12GB 1600MHz CORSAIR DDR3 KIT (6x2GB) PC3-12800 DOMINATOR DHX PRO CL8 RADIATOR CMD12GX3M6A1600C8

Motherboard
ASUS P8P67-DELUXE/ REV3.0, Intel P67(B3), LGA1155, 4xDual channel DDR3 2200(OC), 2xPCIEXP16x, [email protected], 2xPCIEXP1x, 2xPCI, SATAIII, SATAII, eSATA, RAID 0, 1, 5, 10, 8CH, 2xGigabit LAN, USB 3.0, IEEE 1394, nVIDIA SLI/ ATI CrossfireX, ATX

Video Card
MSI R6990-4PD4GD5, ATI Radeon HD6990, PCI EXPRESS 2.1, 4 GB DDR5, 830/ 5000MHz, 2x256BIT, DVI, 4xMini DP, DUAL SLOT

Harddisk
HDD (DISC DUR) 600 GB WESTERN DIGITAL, 10000RPM, SATAIII, 32MB, VELOCIRAPTOR

Source
RASURBO SILENT POWER DLP-45.1, 450W, 120mm SILENT FAN, ATX2.2 + PFC, 1x PCIe 6PIN, 2x SATA, 30A/ 28A/ 17A/ 17A, OVP/ OCP/ SCP

Screen
LCD 21.5'' LG, W2246S-BF, MAX 1920x1080, 250cd/ m2, 30000:1, 5ms, 170/ 160, 15PIN D-SUB, WIDE

NOT TRYING TO SHOW OFF
Post edited by Annie - Illyfue on

Comments

• Keyne - Lionheart
    Keyne - Lionheart Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Personally, I would choose a nVidia chip videocard from evga (Lifetime Warrenty, awesome support, easy to overclock. Just make sure to register the card when you get it)
    The only real issue I see with this setup is your PSU (Power Supply). 450watt PSU is really weak to run that hardware. At a minimum I would be using a good 750watt PSU from Silverstone, Corsair, Antec, or even Thermaltake.
    If you can afford it, I would go with a SSD over the WD Velociraptor for an OS drive. Probably OCZ or Crucial

Other than that, decent system
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Swagger - Eyrda
    Swagger - Eyrda Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lol at core i7-2600k and not knowing anything about computers...

-Firstly whats your budget?

-What do you intend to do with this computer? (high intensive gaming, video streaming, etc. etc.) Whats the most graphic intensive game you plan to play?

-Do you know how to overclock or plan on overclocking?

If not then you don't need the 2600k you can just go for the 2600. Seeing that you chose the k model I'd assume you'd want to OC but I see no cooling system on your build.

(im just going to assume you know nothing about the 2nd generation sandy bridge processors... an i5 is more than sufficient for even the most intensive games)

Who put this together for you seriously? I can tell he's a bit **** because he paired all this w/ a 450w a psu..

And yes if you want to burn cash might as well go with a SSD

(i wouldn't worry about showing off right now it just looks like someone tried to mix and match some expensive stuff and some crappy stuff with no real direction)
    [SIGPIC]testing blah blah[/SIGPIC]
  • Annie - Illyfue
    edited April 2011
    i am aiming for a gaming PC to run 3 or 4 games at the same time on it and my budget is pretty high
  • Swagger - Eyrda
    edited April 2011
    Can you please clarify? A high budget to you may not be a high budget to me or vice versa. For a high budget I could easily think of a $5,000 rig or higher.

Which games do you want to run simultaneously? If your talking about lets say something like FW world lol it wouldn't be anywhere near as demanding as a pc running games like Crysis, shogun 2, and Metro 2033...

Do you know how to overclock or do you ever intend to learn how to do it? I mean you can throw a k processor on their if you really want to it won't make a difference if you don't plan on it but getting a computer built for you is kind of like getting a suit tailored. Yea you can go buy an Armani suit but it's going to look like **** if it doesn't fit right.
  • KittyGrade - Illyfue
    KittyGrade - Illyfue Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    looks intresting ima watch this
  • Annie - Illyfue
    edited April 2011
    i want to play tera / guild wars 2 / 2X forsaken worlds / league of legends/ or atleast close to taht
  • CamuiGackt - Lionheart
    CamuiGackt - Lionheart Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    And how/why do you plan on playing all of this at the same time?

It wouldn't be wise to have 2 PCs? One for you to open the games and stay AFK, and another one for playing actually?

And you have absolutely no reason to keep LoL window open when you are not playing it...
    Oh noes! I got <Sebestimated>!!!
  • Annie - Illyfue
    edited April 2011
    ofc i do have to keep lol opened rofl :D what if some one wants to call me for a clan war or wants to play ranked with me
  • ylanday69
    ylanday69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ay quit getting all technical about the 2600k, its built for noobs.... it literally takes one click to oc it, so just get that either way.
  • Swagger - Eyrda
    edited April 2011
    ylan are you an AMD fanboi rockin a budget build? I smell some jelly in that statement. There is no magical button that you can press and OC. Unless your bios supports pre set OC settings that you manually input yourself.

The K processors are simply unlocked which ALLOW you to overclock. Both the second gen sandy bridge processors (k and non-k) do have turbo which will get you nowhere near where you can go OCing yourself. Sorry Annie I only really respond on these forums while I have downtime and I've been a bit busy. You still have disregarded most of my questions though.
  • Keyne - Lionheart
    Keyne - Lionheart Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    LMAO! Swagger is right. No magic button for overclocking. Asus motherboards do have presets that you can use. Nice try, go read some specs before you comment. Sandy Bridge is designed to bump up the CPU depending on load.

To OP, are you planning on overclocking? If you are planning to overclock, have you put any thought into cooling? (Water Cooling or Air?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Swagger - Eyrda
    edited April 2011
    From what information I can gather by OPs posts

-OP does not know much about pc's
    -OP probably doesn't know how to build a pc let alone apply thermal paste... lolz
    -OP is probably looking for something pre-made?

I can't really come up with anything. Water cooling is expensive. Yea you can get units for under $200 but they don't out perform air and you'll need to invest a good 400-500 alone to out perform air. They also requires yearly maintenance which OP probably isn't capable of. I think OP is looking for something like an Alienware or pre fabricated money pit computer.

If anyone is able to point OP in the direction of an over priced, pre-built computer that can handle those capabilities please do so. I took 1 look at alienwares site just to see what they were actually offering and had a good lol...

For the love of baby cheesus please don't recommend some **** site like ibuypower that ships DoA units.
  • IMBALANZE - Lionheart
    IMBALANZE - Lionheart Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    you forgot the casing mate :D

swap the ATI card for nvidia...and you don't need an asus motherboard

getting the most expensive stuff for every PC part is stupid

they obsolete in 3 months...so every 3 months you change a new PC?

just get something nice (which isn't THAT expensive) and it will last you long enough

mid-end stuff will be good enough
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
    drama aren't far from this siggy