2»

Comments

• ouriel125
    ouriel125 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    cadiazz wrote: »
    OP +1

enough said

and that frost_fang need to stop thinking that everyone uses their dad's credit card

how long sice f2p model is out? I just dont get it why is it that some ppl still dont get it, my salary is not much but I can afford to spend $200-400 on games every months, whether it's console, pc or mmorpg. I enjoyed my time playing these games. Just as I enjoy my time doing other hobbys.

what's wrong with p2w?NOTHING

so you think it's unfair that other ppl can spend rl money on this game and you cant? if you think this game is garbage and not worth it then why are you playing?
    the thing you ppl need to think about is what can I do so I can enjoy my time playing this game. so I dont need to play 24/7 and sitting infront of computer grinding. (not if your like spending time just grinding and doing it the hard way)

been said many times, either you work hard irl and make more money to spend it in game, or you work hard in game and achieve the same goal, you probably will spend a lot more time use one method than the other one, so it's obviously which option you should choose.

Now, if someone still have a say about 'their dad's credit card', it's their dad, not yours, so you need to go blame your dad why cant he make enough moeny so you can spend them on games.

*EDIT: Text got bugged, lazy to re-post it again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cyphers - Lionheart
    Cyphers - Lionheart Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i didn't read anything, not even the OP's posts but here it is:
    If you want to kick everyone's **** spend lot's of $$ ingame.
    If you want to be a mediocre loser that loses to everyone dont spend. with hard work u will manage to get almost there but not quite cus a cash shopper is superior to u
  • Brinto - Illyfue
    Brinto - Illyfue Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ok lets see a few kinds of ppl who play f2p mmos.

1st : ppl like me, if the game is free and not laggy, ppl like me bring their freinds who also loves playin games into the game world and just hav some fun, don't even care if they are on top or anything

2nd : enthusiasts, they comes into the game, get really friendly with the game and complain if somthin is wrong, they spend money in the game to support the devs, they are true competettive gamers, believe in equal treatment and all

3rd : ppl who wanna buy their way into everything, they complain if they don't get more cs items to waste their money in and yell everything is well and normal, they are also former p2p mmo ppl, they left those games cos they had to work their way to top and needed skill rather than money to play p2p games, they don't believe in equal treatment and if they see someone better than them they just resort to cs to get ahead

i really don't see the point to this post, i havn't seen any f2p in my 2 and half years of f2p carrer which isn't pay2win, fw was really good in cbt but not now, it's just another pay2win and also horribly laggy, havn't been playin it for like 15days, hopin the publishers will do somthin abt the lag
  • Frost_Fang - Nyos
    Frost_Fang - Nyos Posts: 837 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i really don't see the point to this post, i havn't seen any f2p in my 2 and half years of f2p carrer which isn't pay2win, fw was really good in cbt but not now, it's just another pay2win and also horribly laggy, havn't been playin it for like 15days, hopin the publishers will do somthin abt the lag

S4 League... there ya go. Go see it... it' an MMOTPS game, the cash shop sells fashion and permanent items, also increases chances of getting to be "IT" on chaser mode... but other then that: they're never powerfull, they just look ...less normal then we do.

But you are right, most games are p2w, the point with this being: it's more p2w, since this company has a looong experience of squeezing your money out, in fact, this is the only so hardcore money-squeezing game I ever played, since usually companies don't get to make a new game and design it entirely to force people to cash shop.
    Member of "KoS_" cause unless you stand for something, you will fall for anything.
  • Brinto - Illyfue
    Brinto - Illyfue Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    @ frost

i never played any shooting mmo, i don't like them, i am all out on rpg

and also don't blame thos who actually programme the game, it's the publishers who add game breaking cs items, not the actual devs.
  • joanlewiswrite
    joanlewiswrite Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    This.
    /thread

Oh, Edit;
    Fatties stop eating at McDonalds for a month and you can afford to CS every once in a while too ;D
    (We'll average 5 dollars to eat (in reality, its higher I know), 5 x 30 = $150 [and thats just for one person, one time a day.])

You must not have heard of the study that just came out which told anyone who has ever been poor in the United States what we already knew-many wage slaves are overweight because healthy food costs more than unhealthy food.

Now, on to the OP's assertion that anyone can have anything they want if they only work hard enough for it.

Throughout history and throughout the world, most of the hardest workers in any society are the poorest, and most of them stay poor all of their lives. They never have an opportunity to profit from their own labor. And yes, this is true in America, too. While your chances of getting paid off big time for your hard work might not be quite as low as your chances of winning the lottery, your chances of it aren't that much better, either.

If Bill Gates truly did nothing but lie and steal and cheat to obtain his fortune, he is no more moral than a bank robber, and by endorsing his alleged behavior, OP has also essentially said that anyone who wants to spend money in the cash shop is welcome to go rob banks for it and should not be punished for doing so, either. If you think there is a difference between robbing someone of their ideas and then making a fortune from those ideas or robbing a bank, you are mistaken, except perhaps that to steal ideas is worse, because an idea is more a part of a person than money is part of a bank. (Although I admit, the teller looking down the barrel of a robber's gun might beg to differ with me on that one.)

Moving on. This is not real life. This is a game. No one will starve to death in real life for want of a cash shop item. We have a choice to play or not. We have a choice to buy items from the cash shop or not. So while it's perfectly valid for customers to express dissatisfaction with any aspect of a product, to refuse to spend money on that product, or to boycott that product entirely, free to play games with cash shops are only a moral issue if you restrict your disapproval to the purchase of 'chance to win X' items and to the ability of those items to prey on a gambling addiction or the potential to develop a gambling addiction.

Now as for 'working' for something in a game, while I will often play hard to achieve whatever goal I have set for myself, I will not work at all in a game. f I ever buy anything from the cash shop, I will almost certainly restrict my purchase to a mount. If the game becomes work instead of fun because I choose not to purchase character stat enhancing items, I will most certainly quit the game, as I am not being paid money to play the game, and therefore I will not carry out work in it. Work is what one does for money, not for enjoyment. That does not mean I refuse to run instances repeatedly, roll multiple alts, and do other things to obtain items, however. I will do those things as long as I enjoy doing them. When I no longer enjoy those things, I will quit. Just like I quit a certain other game when running instances for purples stopped being fun and became work.

It's a game, so enjoy it at whatever spending level you are comfortable with (from $0 to whatever). But my personal advice is, do yourself a favor unless you have a very high tolerance for repeated dying and stay off the PvP servers if you intend to spend little or nothing. ;)
  • Frost_Fang - Nyos
    edited April 2011
    @ frost

i never played any shooting mmo, i don't like them, i am all out on rpg

and also don't blame thos who actually programme the game, it's the publishers who add game breaking cs items, not the actual devs.

The programers didn't invent that system, their "squeeze-money-out-squad" did... nobody ever said anything about the programers anyway... it's about the publisher...who happens to be the maker of the game as well... they incorporated the system to support cash shop. Other games just sell junk, this one keeps suggesting you to do so... example: mercury statue quest.
    Member of "KoS_" cause unless you stand for something, you will fall for anything.
  • CamuiGackt - Lionheart
    CamuiGackt - Lionheart Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You don't even know whats the best out theremath.

I stopped to read there!

Now, adding to the topic.

Come on. If you were stupidly rich, you would enter a car shop and buy that common $30k car everyone have, or would you buy a Ferrari, that is made of the same material but costs the price of 15 of these cars?

Would you have a fake-moralist atttack and say the fabricants and/or shop owner is abusive to their clients?

Come oooooooooooooooon!!!!
    Oh noes! I got <Sebestimated>!!!
  • kravok
    kravok Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Even if I tried winning with paying, it wouldn't go... I'd either feel bad for being worse then someone or feel bad for having spent too much money on the game, lol...

So it's a no go... I can't allow myself to spend 600 dollar on a game... seesh, thats some people's whole paycheck...

bwahahhaahaha the paycheck in my country is 300dollars
  • Tekken - Storm Legion
    Tekken - Storm Legion Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I feel this game does pressure players to invest large amounts. Although the economy is dependent on the ZEN buyers, non zen buyers can get by and actually get very wealthy with the system.

I think the problem here is that everyone sees this game as a competition, being better than the other player through some extra stats or higher masteries. It's not necessary for the content. I mean, how difficult is Gods Trial? Instances in general are easy, and the rest is running around for quests. PVP might be a different story.

As for PW stealing content, i Did notice there's a ambient background track in the game thats directly from the game Everquest. One of the old zones. It's identical.
  • trevtimusprime
    trevtimusprime Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011

I think the problem here is that everyone sees this game as a competition, being better than the other player through some extra stats or higher masteries. It's not necessary for the content. I mean, how difficult is Gods Trial? Instances in general are easy, and the rest is running around for quests. PVP might be a different story.

I feel the exact opposite. I feel there is nothing worth competing for in this game simply because there is nothing to be won from any form of pvp available. Why continue to upgrade gear and masteries when you can't use it to kill anyone?
    CB-Phase 1-4
    I am Snorlax and I will block your path.

DestroyTokyo- Voted best WereBeast on PWI Lost City server <3
  • Frost_Fang - Nyos
    edited April 2011
    I stopped to read there!

Now, adding to the topic.

Come on. If you were stupidly rich, you would enter a car shop and buy that common $30k car everyone have, or would you buy a Ferrari, that is made of the same material but costs the price of 15 of these cars?

Would you have a fake-moralist atttack and say the fabricants and/or shop owner is abusive to their clients?

Come oooooooooooooooon!!!!

I'd buy a Ferrari, but If I was really rich, I'd also donate to charity, give money to the guy digging trough my trash each weekend >.> maybe he gets lost them... etc. Only cause...I can. But then I wouldn't be playing this trash. would I now :D ? In fact, If I was rich I'd hate PWe for providing such low quality product and it would insult me to even play it... giving them money is beyond me.

Also, seeing how you didn't name a single game, i'd say u're full of it :D