UGGGG double exp? what kind of reward is that?

2»

Comments

• Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You have no idea about the exp curve in this game do you?

2x exp is only 50% more in GT (since it doesn't multiply lionheart scroll bonus), and top players here reached lv50 in 3 weeks, and you say you can do it in 7 days?

Even if you had 50% more on EVERYTHING... you'll see.
  • Plvlftw - Storm Legion
    Plvlftw - Storm Legion Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    new ss & OMG the 17.5 out of 20 bars those 5 dream pots gave me at lvl 19 was hard to swallow :P
    http://s1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff403/count210B/?action=view&current=2011-03-3114-32-40.jpg

I not even done a cave yet..... I did however take my dog out & made some lunch :)

now i will go back to play game & try to be as hardcore as you defined in the terms of exp~ excuse me :P
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    @Plvftw:

I'd like to be proven wrong, but... I don't think what you are trying to do is possible. Even with the 2x exp, even if you nolifed it 24/7... I doubt you could get near lv50 in one week. 2 reasons:

1-Exp curve gets steeper and steeper and steeper after level 30. And it getts steeper faster the more you level up.
    2-This is a quest-based game, meaning that besides grinding there is a certain amount of exp you can get each day. And grinding is pointless.

Well, see you in a week and GL :) But you're not gonna make it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Plvlftw - Storm Legion
    edited March 2011
    @Plvftw:

I'd like to be proven wrong, but... I don't think what you are trying to do is possible. Even with the 2x exp, even if you nolifed it 24/7... I doubt you could get near lv50 in one week. 2 reasons:

1-Exp curve gets steeper and steeper and steeper after level 30. And it getts steeper faster the more you level up.
    2-This is a quest-based game, meaning that besides grinding there is a certain amount of exp you can get each day. And grinding is pointless.

Well, see you in a week and GL :) But you're not gonna make it...

heheh I understand what you are saying, but in reality those at 50 now did it in less than 17 days with all the downtime & no double exp..... the point i am proving is EXP is too high at lower levels.... 50 in reality is middle level content & not impossible in any cookie cutter game to achieve in short period of time ESPECIALLY in a game you don't have to slow down to farm skill points. This game has ZERO obstacles to 24 hr exp gain when u add in training dummy area. EXP is simply not that big a challenge... Im sorry if that hurts some peoples feelings that define success & game knowledge by levels, but it is simple truth. No cookie cuttter i have played yet had hard exp gain until after lvl 100, PWI was one of those.... This game is 10x easier.

P.S. keep in mind current top ranked players did this with LESS option of squads their levels to complete certain caves regularly the=an I will face with my toon starting now. this further establishes my point that exp is way to easy for those below mid level.....
  • TheSprite - Lionheart
    TheSprite - Lionheart Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    What everyone is trying to tell you is that there are only certain numbers of dailies in the game (including GT) that are exp based. Once you do the 1x per day you are allowed, your exp will slow down. It is very feasible to get to 30 in a single day, but after that, a level a day is typical progress. Maybe a bit more than that if you grind scrolls, but aside from that you aren't really able to progress as much. Even with double exp for mobs, I doubt the top players could have shaved more than 1-2 days off their progression right now as most of the exp comes from non-mob exp. This game is created so that even if you play 24 hours a day, you can't get THAT much further than a player who plays 3-4 hours a day. At lvl 50, maybe you're 5-8 levels above the casual player who started at the same time. Granted your gear will typically be better as you can grind more of the item instances which grant marginal exp. Also, these games are built so that people can see more rapid growth earlier so people are more excited/interested in playing. It scales more later on so the more hardcore people have more stuff to do later on in the game and no one reaches end game that quickly. Good luck with your trip to 50 in 1 week.

P.S. your argument about availability of groups won't apply to the top levelers because they typically have a solid group who grinded with them the entire way. I bet they never had a hard time finding parties. The people who tend to have the hardest time finding parties are the group right behind the top groups as they are less organized, have a less stable play group and rely on public groups (which usually aren't quite as available).
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    edited March 2011
    new ss & OMG the 17.5 out of 20 bars those 5 dream pots gave me at lvl 19 was hard to swallow :P
    http://s1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff403/count210B/?action=view&current=2011-03-3114-32-40.jpg

I not even done a cave yet..... I did however take my dog out & made some lunch :)

now i will go back to play game & try to be as hardcore as you defined in the terms of exp~ excuse me :P
    Like I said before, you have no idea about the exp curve. Below lv30 is an absolute joke, you can get to 30 in a day without double exp. After 30 it's a little slower but still bearable. After 40 it slows down tremendously. Now imagine after 50... and after 60... lol

FYI GT gives 2 bars at lv55. So you need 10 GTs to level. Have fun.
  • Cyphers - Lionheart
    Cyphers - Lionheart Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    borsook, you are a pathetic mage and a disgrace to the class. Please delete your character
  • Plvlftw - Storm Legion
    edited April 2011
    What everyone is trying to tell you is that there are only certain numbers of dailies in the game (including GT) that are exp based. Once you do the 1x per day you are allowed, your exp will slow down. It is very feasible to get to 30 in a single day, but after that, a level a day is typical progress. Maybe a bit more than that if you grind scrolls, but aside from that you aren't really able to progress as much. Even with double exp for mobs, I doubt the top players could have shaved more than 1-2 days off their progression right now as most of the exp comes from non-mob exp. This game is created so that even if you play 24 hours a day, you can't get THAT much further than a player who plays 3-4 hours a day. At lvl 50, maybe you're 5-8 levels above the casual player who started at the same time. Granted your gear will typically be better as you can grind more of the item instances which grant marginal exp. Also, these games are built so that people can see more rapid growth earlier so people are more excited/interested in playing. It scales more later on so the more hardcore people have more stuff to do later on in the game and no one reaches end game that quickly. Good luck with your trip to 50 in 1 week.

P.S. your argument about availability of groups won't apply to the top levelers because they typically have a solid group who grinded with them the entire way. I bet they never had a hard time finding parties. The people who tend to have the hardest time finding parties are the group right behind the top groups as they are less organized, have a less stable play group and rely on public groups (which usually aren't quite as available).

1st your P.S. i spot on as many that at top came from closed beta with groups... but i was willing to say otherwise for sake of arguement.

I do realize exp from exp runs are limited.... I didnt plevel to 102 on pwi, 116 cabal, 107last chaos or other games yet i reached rank one in my class before i left & in some held for several months after i was gone.... I am a farmer. I dont play 24-7 & have been known to take 2-3 months off, I dont focus on exp BECAUSE it is the easiest part.
    The only reason people feel its soooooooo slow midlevel is because they didnt have to work for many levels up to that point, but false pride doesnt let them admit that those were candy levels.
    I am not going to spend crazy hours to go for it, but i am willing to set aside some time each day to work on it :) if i come close ~ i will update each reset n see. or at least if im awake i will aim for reset post. idk, I only played last few days of cb, & after 40 i dont know the content as well some who explored it in cb, but i dont see that to be a huge hang up as these cookie cutters are set up to NOT fail at these level ranges~for the same reason as u spoke of in ur p.s. if its toooooooo hard, then nobody spends money or sticks around.....
    I have nothing to lose for trying as there is no grinding for spirit or anything other than exp. So i can rush a toon here & not worry its going to be a pleveled wasted noob with bebe skills..... worse case scenerio i end up with a midlevel craft person.
    Win or lose here I really can't see my view altering much on the "compensation end"...I just don't see MORE free exp as a reward for my patience & understanding through last weeks trials n tribulations with the DDOS attacks.... But i spose it's as the old saying goes... "one man's trash, is another man's treasure..."
    at reset today he was at 27. I want to see if i make it in under 10 days & there is only one way to find out... XD
  • StoneGalka - Storm Legion
    StoneGalka - Storm Legion Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    They no lifed it, 'nuff said.Well that's my take on the matter.
  • StoneBrow - Eyrda
    StoneBrow - Eyrda Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    count210 wrote: »
    no offense, but Im not mad... I am STILL in the top 50 ranks in games that i havent logged into in 2yrs where I held first in my class, & top 2% in games like PWI which i havent played, since this game has come out. I think i have a small idea how the cookie cutter system works.

My point is this game is total NO GRIND. Quest~ if asked to kill O.o omg 20 mobs lol & if asked to get a drop is a 90% drop rate.... u get free exp for standing in training zone 12 hours, free exp praying,(when u just want the buffs), free exp from dream potions & enigma scrolls, exp storeage aid.... fk it just give me lvl 50 on day 7. No worries about skill points or setting up stats lol.... Pac man is a game based on exp/levling scores. Mmorpgs have storylines to follow & questing is part of that... so who is in the wrong game? those seeking to level everyday or those here for content? Why give away soo many levels? Are you saying that without the handouts of exp you couldnt hang? God's Trial is a joke. its again free exp for little time investment or thought, & not needed by lvl 20s....
    PWE's decision to go such an extreme route of non grind, tells you what they think people can handle or desire, by the looks of majority replies here they got it right. Give away exp & they will be happy & think they are playing a game successfully. In reality you are only playing 20% of the game & they are carrying you on their hip for the other 80% :P.

All in all its a matter of opinion. Your's is not right or wrong, mine is not right or wrong. You just made mistake to think you know me well enough to judge my tone & play the "O.o you are just qqing... how dare you desire a challenge?" ok ok moment of truth i may be a lil disapointed ;P
    LMAO yah Im a bad person, because i dont like handouts in a game that has a storyline would make about as much sense as me saying "yah, you are easily amused & lazy because you rather have free exp at every turn" neither are true~ Im not bad & you most likely are not lazy. :p
    I am just here voicing an opinion that many don't bother voicing because they think its futile.

just to know...can u give me a little synthesis about the game plot?cuz i'm too lazy to read and it seems u read all the quests and such, another thing i saw u bragging a lot being on the top ranks but still ur not showing ur avatar to show how awesome u are

like most of games that dont have lots of lvls this game is aimed for pvp , if u go to an mmorpg waiting to see a huge plotline...well whatever, i rarely pay attention to quests other than the objective and such ,won't be expending my time reading tiny letters that'll tell some sh**ty storyline (as all mmorpgs have) if u want to enjoy a plotline and really make decisions play single player rpgs not mmorpgs , just my opnion though
  • Plvlftw - Storm Legion
    edited April 2011
    lol i do have an avatar, i cant help if its glitched & not shows....
    as to the bragging that wasnt the case... but i see now how it came across as such, very tacky on my part. I never said i was awesome or eluded to that,... Pro mouseclicking doesnt take a doctorate :P jk jk
    I was defending myself against those who called BS. I just wrote it in a way that came out bad. I am an average~ solid~ competitive player
    My levels & other games came up BECAUSE some other comments here questioned my disappointment in being rewarded free exp because i didnt have the "all knowing high level avatar" on this game. so they called B.S.
    I was wanting to say my opinion was based on my personal exp with other PWE & very similiar games.
    I truely don't like exp rewards or bonus exp at low levels... I really do suicide my toons on other games to slow them down while i make money or skills or explore content & build my toon...no BS i do catch & pass up those who pleveled & still stay competitive....
    the need to give free levels of exp away at the "intro stage" isnt necessary as the pace they level is fast already & it makes it out of sync with the quests & acheivements.
    All my toons on this game are bebes the highest only being 39, they dont need bonus exp, but for guilds quest they do run GTs usually with no scrolls on.

I had said "fk it just give me lvl 50 on day 7 because the game gives soooooooooooooooooo many free levels early on. Yet someone thought that meant I was claiming i could get to 50 in 7 days.... So, i said i will try in under 10.

I don't have a synopsis for you.

& for your opinion here is mine :P
    mmorpgs do not auto equal PvP. FW is written as toons as an unified front against the mobs. It has jobs & quests & storyline because it is a multiplayer game that is written we are to join forces & defeat the darkside, interact & make armor etc for others to turn a coin. Any PvP u see offered whether in forms of guildwars or pk or races to the end of game, arent anywhere in their storyline.
    It is a game of character progression & questing.Their advertisements have PvP secondary to them promoting the other content. PvP interaction is courtesy for those who enjoy both. Hardcore PvP its not even close, so if you dont really like questing or character building, then perhaps you should seek out an immersive PvP based game idk~something like counter strike.

on more serious not tho "...yah, you are easily amused & lazy because you rather have free exp at every turn" neither are true~ Im not bad & you most likely are not lazy."
    I in no way intended for it to sound to you that i was inferring you or any non questers as lazy. As it seem it came across that way, I do apologize. I am very bad at conveying my thts & sometimes ...well ok ok many times, i have my foot in my mouth. sorry again for that misunderstanding. If was meant as sarcasm to denote I am indeed bad... I still apologize, for the disappointment ;)
  • GustavoM - Eyrda
    GustavoM - Eyrda Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2011

HEY MATE, you forgot to grab this.
    Signature has been removed for innappropriate content towards crabclaw.
  • Plvlftw - Storm Legion
    edited April 2011
    HEY MATE, you forgot to grab this.

heheh i wish i had been awake to grab this =)

sorry for belated update. My toon kinda got put on backburner due to some real life things out of my control, but hopefully i can work around that.... atm he is 33.... Yes yes i realize at this day he shoulda already around low 40s, but *sighs* he is not so i will have to work with the mess i made :)
  • Plvlftw - Storm Legion
    edited April 2011
    made 2 levels thx to sleeping dummies playing game for me while i slept all day :/ got in a few runs this evening, will work more tomorrow night...
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    edited April 2011
    You keep claiming how it "should" be, how fast you "should" have leveled if you done this and that, but something prevented you (i.e real life).

The thing is, we've done that. I know how slow it is and how much time it took. Press I on Eyrda and look at rankings. It's been a week with 2x exp and people have what, got from 50 to 56? That's fast for you?

Or are you claiming that you know better than the entire server and that you'd be number 1? Seriously...

EDIT: I'm in the top "farming" groups as someone else put it, even though I don't play as much as Avion or Shyren hence me lagging behind =p (except first day which I no-lifed 100%) so I should know what kind of effort/time investment is required for this pace which isn't fast at all.
  • satellitemind
    satellitemind Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It's nice for 36-40, where you have no quests or anything...
  • leederek
    leederek Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    dude count just shut up pls.
  • ylanday69
    ylanday69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    wow i cant believe this guy...

i wanna point something out that i havent seen anyone else do... (started skimming toward the end)

you denounce all these "free" sources of exp.... fact is these are the games CONTENT. I you treat main/sub quests as the only content then you wont be able to level at all.... when you get the quest to reach lvl 40 or whatever wtf are you gunna do!!!!! its physically impossible....

one last thing if you aint gunna plevel, the how the f#ck are you gunna beat the no lifers?