Tired of PvE players being called CareBears?

Comments

• Adeacia - Lionheart
    Adeacia - Lionheart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You can't kill everyone in an FPS games, it's too hard staying alive. Here it's possible, yet you seem to think that trying to show them who'se the boss is better in FPS games... wrong, in MMORPGs you can be a god, FPS games are just for being another average player trying to knife the guy who sniped you in the last round.

Oh guess what, you just pointed out your own flaw in your argument. FPS games, due to what you just said, must be balanced. In mmos its possible to cash shop so much that no one can touch you, AKA, unbalanced. You simply do not like it when things are fair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mike1980
    mike1980 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Sounds like a rehab...

Anyway...I kind of hold a grudge against the "PvE people" (carebears :D), why ? well...it seems you guys are a majority among the population. And game dev's therefore take your feelings into consideration too much, so we end up...like here, with EU pve-only server at start, or... the PK penalties and such. Games that tried to make a PvP heaven kinda died right at start cause of you guys.

While for people like me...well, my favorite MMO ever (which died) rewarded PK, it didn't allow you to even talk to one of the other 2 races, and each time you would encounter another race-member...you'd end up dying. Now thats fun... I didn't spent a second on thinking "aww, more quests ?" I was too busy thinking "will I manage to kill 10 of those before someone finds me ?" and I watched that radar very closely.

It's too bad you people dislike being beaten so much, that it's stopping you from enjoying the real fun of MMO's, which isn't grinding and questing. RPG's have a much better story then MMORPG's, yet here you are... AVOIDING people while doing the lousy-written quests.

Call it whay you want, I prefer PVE based on the fact that it is less stressful. I have played many other mmo's, that were PVP only. All I can say is that on most PVP based servers/games, you will find more rude, filthy mouthed, game god wannabes than you will ever find in a PVE game/server. I played Dekaron for 4 years (a pvp only game), all you ever find is a lvl 150 pking lvl 30's. Those types of people are why I chose PVE. I play games to relax and enjoy my time online, if you PVPers cant handle that then you have some serious personal issues (your probably a nerd that got beat up a lot, and web games are your only frustration vent). Also wouldnt your time be better spent pvping on your server, than sitting here in a PVE thread crying obout PVE players? Its not like your opinion is going to change the fact we PVE players enjoy where we play. I find it amusing that only the PVP players feel they deserve a reason as to why the PVE players chose PVE. I dont see PVE players rage crying about PVP players playing on PVP servers.

Call me Lucky Bear....lol I remeber watching that show as a kid.
  • Alyssian - Illyfue
    Alyssian - Illyfue Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Oh guess what, you just pointed out your own flaw in your argument. FPS games, due to what you just said, must be balanced. In mmos its possible to cash shop so much that no one can touch you, AKA, unbalanced. You simply do not like it when things are fair.

THANK YOU. When i find a rep button, i would rep you.

Unlike most bullies in this world, i wouldn't want to go around with overpowered weapons, and at least in MMOFPS, it's has more fun than being repeatedly ganked over and over again.

Plus, games are for relaxing, not pretending you're a god with a huge weapon.
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    If I could I wouldn't roll a PvP server and try to kill them for having different opinions u.u

Ok, I have to say that was at least a good answer;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FrostFang - Illyfue
    FrostFang - Illyfue Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Cry me a river...Games and life, neither is fair. Why would I bother asking for a fair game, when I can adapt and evolve trough it ? Why would I need games to be fair ?
    Sure, it's no fun fighting a lvl 50 when u're 20, but it can be damn interesting and if u win, thats just amazing.
    I lack time in general and was never among the best players in any MMO I played, as you can see, i'm only lvl 40 in this one. So I'm not among the predators, but the prey. And guess what ? I like it that way, I'm fine with it. Beating overpowered idiots with intelligence.

Any RvRvR game I played, I always went and joined the underdog race. Cause winning isn't fun, unless you earned it. Everything is more fun when the odds are against you.

PvE:
    Friend: whatcha doing?
    You: questing
    Friend: what good does it bring you ?
    You: I get better gear, become more powerful
    Friend: and ? what do u do with that power & gear ?
    You: I...do more quests ?
    Friend: why ?
    You: ...cause I'm bad at basketball...

PvP:
    You: I use it to kill idiots that ask annoying questions
    Friend: ....point taken

P.S. Being a God is always more fun. I can be a common mortal in a grocery store. If you wanna relax, go to a grocery store, not come playing games... People here will kill you if you try to snatch the last podding of the shelf.
  • Sekkurel - Illyfue
    Sekkurel - Illyfue Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    That is not at all how it is. I can hold my own against and kill anyone my level, regardless of how much they spend on a game.

PvP drama is fun. Any idiot that you kill calls you names, which I find is hilarious. You're just using a generalization of the idiot players on pvp servers on any games, for everyone on a pvp server.

tl;dr: Stop being so provincial.
    So you like being called names and to argue over the internet all day with some1 else ? Wow...

Well we have different taste so lets just quit the bashing ok ?
    We dont like pvp servers you dont like pve servers thats that and lets move on...
  • FrostFang - Illyfue
    edited April 2011
    So you like being called names and to argue over the internet all day with some1 else ? Wow...
    If he liked argueing, he wouldn't be playing a PvP server. What he likes is killing them :3
    Something you could do too if you weren't on a PvE server instead of arguing here with us...

All of you PvErs here pretty much say: we don't like stress... so why the heck are you even bothering posting here ? Isn't that stress ? Or are you enjoying it ? If not: u shouldn't be doing it, if yes: you should try a PvP server, fighting us is even better then talking to us.
  • UPhoria - Eyrda
    UPhoria - Eyrda Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    So.. PvP server isn't that bad in terms of penalty either. You should see the death penalty, there's nearly nothing for being white named, whereas if you are pink named just slightly, you have a chance to drop things. It's designed in a way where it supports rivalry, but does not support RPKing. I find that fun.

I've played in Archosaur server for PvE in PWI, and I've realized, things just are really slow, there's guild drama about territory wars, but that's it when it comes to rivalry. You're not allowed to PK people, so you can't really show them who's boss. In PvP servers, you can.

I, too, have a life outside of FW (There's a reason why i'm only level 43 unlike my guildies who are in the high 4x's and 5x's.). I'd rather not go into details why i am busy irl, but my point is that I'm fine in the PvP server, i don't get PK'd to the point I'd get trapped within a city. Even if there might be RPKers out there (Rare), high level guilds will clean them up so more people will play in the server.

PvE people are not carebears, all they have is a misunderstanding of the word "PvP server". They expect stupid people just trapping people within a city and dropping items all the time. The truth is, that's not the case. It's not that brutal like Runescape back in the old old days.
  • FrostFang - Illyfue
    edited April 2011
    I, too, have a life outside of FW (There's a reason why i'm only level 43 unlike my guildies who are in the high 4x's and 5x's.). I'd rather not go into details why i am busy irl, but my point is that I'm fine in the PvP server, i don't get PK'd to the point I'd get trapped within a city. Even if there might be RPKers out there (Rare), high level guilds will clean them up so more people will play in the server.
    +1 to that, only with lvl 40 for me instead of 43, lol...

And you hit the nail on it's head. I don't mind 40y old husbands and fathers that can't focus on the game playing PvE servers, but all those hardcore players...seriously ?
    They're afraid of being harassed by idiots so they never get to meet the people with best personalities, the ones you mentioned: the group that clears of the PKers.
    They're like the non-corrupted police, someone to look up to sometimes. Some are powerful and just. You miss out the worst kind of people and the best kind. You miss out politics, corruption, power-hunger, pretty much, everything human.

Playing PvE to me is like watching Batman without Jocker, Two-face, penguin or any other real villian. It's overpowered Cash-Shopper Batman vs. civilian thugs...very entertaining...
  • Torleif - Illyfue
    Torleif - Illyfue Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    They can call me a carebear if they want to, I actually don't give a single s***.
  • Cyphers - Lionheart
    Cyphers - Lionheart Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ^ low levelled european carebear
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    edited April 2011
    ^ says the one whose avatar level is 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cyphers - Lionheart
    Cyphers - Lionheart Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ^**** carebear
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    edited April 2011
    ^Any problems?:p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyssian - Illyfue
    edited April 2011
    Cry me a river...Games and life, neither is fair. Why would I bother asking for a fair game, when I can adapt and evolve trough it ? Why would I need games to be fair ?
    Sure, it's no fun fighting a lvl 50 when u're 20, but it can be damn interesting and if u win, thats just amazing.
    I lack time in general and was never among the best players in any MMO I played, as you can see, i'm only lvl 40 in this one. So I'm not among the predators, but the prey. And guess what ? I like it that way, I'm fine with it. Beating overpowered idiots with intelligence.

Any RvRvR game I played, I always went and joined the underdog race. Cause winning isn't fun, unless you earned it. Everything is more fun when the odds are against you.

PvE:
    You: I get better gear, become more powerful
    Friend: and ? what do u do with that power & gear ?
    You: I...do more quests ?
    Friend: why ?
    You: ...cause I'm bad at basketball...

PvP:
    You: I use it to kill idiots that ask annoying questions
    Friend: ....point taken

P.S. Being a God is always more fun. I can be a common mortal in a grocery store. If you wanna relax, go to a grocery store, not come playing games... People here will kill you if you try to snatch the last podding of the shelf.

Why do you always relate to basketball? As well as that, beating overpowered idiots with intelligence? I'm sorry, but in PWI, I used to get level 80 stalking my level 30 character right outside every quest door, to the extent that even after safety lock, I lost my pants. Granted, they were bad pants, but really? I can't beat level 80 players even if I tried to, especially when you have assassins that become invisible and do one hits.

And I'm sorry, but aren't games about relaxing and having fun? Is it fun to be PK'ed while doing quests, all the time waiting for clean up clans, and generally being afraid of every single higher level player? Hell, if I wanted that, I'd go a FPS, where I can shoot people due to my skill.

The fact remains-You're meant to have a fair game. You're meant to be tested through sheer willpower/time and your weapons, not through mindless hours doing stuff and spending money. In a MMOFPS, a good hand eye coordination can kill and win over a veteran player with the best gun, and it's been balanced to some degrees. Here, in the PvP realm, it's just zen=better weaps= overpoweredness.

As well as that, in the PvE realm, you go to instances and play in a team. (remember, team work? Instead of just mindlessly bashing away attacks at every single low levelled noob you decided to show your masculinity to which some PvPers obviously lack in real life?) You can have the time of your life there. I remember one where we used an assassin as a tank, and we ended up killing the boss.

Point of this argument? You can go play PvP, but stop calling those PvEers carebears, just because we cba to be ganked and lose our time's worth of items.
  • FrostFang - Illyfue
    edited April 2011
    Why do you always relate to basketball? As well as that, beating overpowered idiots with intelligence? I'm sorry, but in PWI, I used to get level 80 stalking my level 30 character right outside every quest door, to the extent that even after safety lock, I lost my pants. Granted, they were bad pants, but really? I can't beat level 80 players even if I tried to, especially when you have assassins that become invisible and do one hits.

And I'm sorry, but aren't games about relaxing and having fun? Is it fun to be PK'ed while doing quests, all the time waiting for clean up clans, and generally being afraid of every single higher level player? Hell, if I wanted that, I'd go a FPS, where I can shoot people due to my skill.

The fact remains-You're meant to have a fair game. You're meant to be tested through sheer willpower/time and your weapons, not through mindless hours doing stuff and spending money. In a MMOFPS, a good hand eye coordination can kill and win over a veteran player with the best gun, and it's been balanced to some degrees. Here, in the PvP realm, it's just zen=better weaps= overpoweredness.

As well as that, in the PvE realm, you go to instances and play in a team. (remember, team work? Instead of just mindlessly bashing away attacks at every single low levelled noob you decided to show your masculinity to which some PvPers obviously lack in real life?) You can have the time of your life there. I remember one where we used an assassin as a tank, and we ended up killing the boss.

Point of this argument? You can go play PvP, but stop calling those PvEers carebears, just because we cba to be ganked and lose our time's worth of items.

You don't need to kill everyone to beat them. If a lowbie made a lvl80 chase him across the map and then got away...I'd consider him victorious. If a lowbie got a high-lvl killed by mobs, or got stuck or anything, victory again.
    Sure, intelligence doesn't have a solution ready for every situation, but there's plenty of amusing things you can do with players and you can't with mobs.
    And no, games are often frustrating and depressing. If u wanna relax, u're playing the wrong game. I'm sure u're not being relaxed in PvE unless you're successfull. And here came the great IF...same thing in PvP, it's fun if u're good at it (which i'm not), but the difference is: it's much more fun if u're good at pvp then at pve.

Just look at that kiddo KidRock... sure he's an amateur, full of himself, probably will have mental issues until he dies, but he's having a blast! Can you say the same ? He's not even checking the forum unless he's bragging and boosting his e-peen, what do you do here ? If PvE is so much fun, why are you here with PEOPLE, fighting them in some way ?
    Relaxing isn't what u're doing now and since u're still doing this, it's obvious you have some competitive spirit in you. Some threads like KidRock ones are hillarious, same with PvP fights... I don't know any PvE instance, boss, mob, anything worth mentioning...

And sure, PvE requires teamwork... if u're playing a real game... FW is all about mashing keys... the most you get out of teamwork is your healer healing and your protector tanking... like, great... 2 players keeping a button pressed doesn't pass as "teamwork" in my book. There's more teamwork in MMOFPS games then there is in this game and thats plain sad. (GvG not including, since I haven't tried those, but even if they were exciting, they would be scoring for PvP, nor PvE)
  • Alyssian - Illyfue
    edited April 2011
    You don't need to kill everyone to beat them. If a lowbie made a lvl80 chase him across the map and then got away...I'd consider him victorious. If a lowbie got a high-lvl killed by mobs, or got stuck or anything, victory again.
    Sure, intelligence doesn't have a solution ready for every situation, but there's plenty of amusing things you can do with players and you can't with mobs.
    And no, games are often frustrating and depressing. If u wanna relax, u're playing the wrong game. I'm sure u're not being relaxed in PvE unless you're successfull. And here came the great IF...same thing in PvP, it's fun if u're good at it (which i'm not), but the difference is: it's much more fun if u're good at pvp then at pve.

Just look at that kiddo KidRock... sure he's an amateur, full of himself, probably will have mental issues until he dies, but he's having a blast! Can you say the same ? He's not even checking the forum unless he's bragging and boosting his e-peen, what do you do here ? If PvE is so much fun, why are you here with PEOPLE, fighting them in some way ?
    Relaxing isn't what u're doing now and since u're still doing this, it's obvious you have some competitive spirit in you. Some threads like KidRock ones are hillarious, same with PvP fights... I don't know any PvE instance, boss, mob, anything worth mentioning...

And sure, PvE requires teamwork... if u're playing a real game... FW is all about mashing keys... the most you get out of teamwork is your healer healing and your protector tanking... like, great... 2 players keeping a button pressed doesn't pass as "teamwork" in my book. There's more teamwork in MMOFPS games then there is in this game and thats plain sad. (GvG not including, since I haven't tried those, but even if they were exciting, they would be scoring for PvP, nor PvE)

I have a schedule which i can play games on, I'm only here to wait for some movies to load. /offtopic

Considering most of my PKers were one hitters and assasins, i doubt running away can help. I even got killed by a guy while he was still flying over me on his sword. How do you run away from that, may I ask?

Yes i have competitive spirit, but i reserve them for maths olympiads, clan wars in a FPS and badminton/rugby teams. I play PvE because it's fun to do instances (which require a lot of teamwork, otherwise you have the tank aggroing 10 mobs at once, and there is no way on earth a healer can keep up with that level of stupidity. (unless they're an epic tank, but that's rare, and epic tanks aren't stupid enough to aggro 10 at once)

Then you have "a button pressed". Right. You've never done an actual 8 man team, super boss instance, have you?

Anyway, this topic was on about Carebears. We're not carebears, we're not softies. We just don't see the point spending our lives on PvP, getting all these amazing gear, they losing it all when a guy who levels faster than me one hits me and laughs. What i do like is playing with my friends, in a party, with new people, and just having a fun time. Sure, you guys can kill people, but after endlessly killing people, what have you've proven? You're king of all players, and everyone fears you?

I'm sorry, that's a dictator right there. I suppose, as a healer, I don't like killing people as much i like helping people, so PvP is really not for me. If you're a protector/warrior/mage, then fine, but stop calling us carebears.
  • FrostFang - Illyfue
    edited April 2011
    Anyway, this topic was on about Carebears. We're not carebears, we're not softies. We just don't see the point spending our lives on PvP, getting all these amazing gear, they losing it all when a guy who levels faster than me one hits me and laughs. What i do like is playing with my friends, in a party, with new people, and just having a fun time. Sure, you guys can kill people, but after endlessly killing people, what have you've proven? You're king of all players, and everyone fears you?

I'm sorry, that's a dictator right there. I suppose, as a healer, I don't like killing people as much i like helping people, so PvP is really not for me. If you're a protector/warrior/mage, then fine, but stop calling us carebears.
    In Games I played There were alot of players that 1shot stuff and alot of them were ranged...we still managed...but hey, at least nobody flies in FW.

And mind if I ask you the same question ? After you killed all the mobs, all the bosses, got all the gears, what good are they ? You just wasted a year of your life... So don't talk to me about wasting time, i'm fighting other players, u're amassing **** u won't even get to use properly. We're both wasting our time, but mine is more focused on other people then repetitive boring actions.
    You're playing chess against an AI, i'm playing it against a human. And I'm not trying to prove anything, I'm not the PKer, I'm among the crowd fighting them. I never PK, and yet...PvP server is so much fun and so much harder.
    So u're here while a movie downloads, so do you see a point in arguing over the Internet ? why are u still doing it then, what are u trying to prove ? (your own line).
    But being king of the players would be quite amusing, everyone seeing it differently is just jelaous / envious.

And I'm sorry, but what u're doing is easy-moding, you can't handle the stress, you don't wanna be bothered, you don't wanna waste your time... all I hear is: you don't wanna... Why the heck are you even playing then if there's so much things you don't want... like someone's forcing you. If you can't enjoy it, suit yourself, but people will call you carebears, any of you might be a better player then any of us... but all of you are selecting easy, so u're not exactly proving us wrong.

P.S. there's much more people needing help on PvP servers... I never said I'm out here killing random people. But you choose to help the ones that are safe and having it easy.
  • Alyssian - Illyfue
    edited April 2011
    In Games I played There were alot of players that 1shot stuff and alot of them were ranged...we still managed...but hey, at least nobody flies in FW.

And mind if I ask you the same question ? After you killed all the mobs, all the bosses, got all the gears, what good are they ? You just wasted a year of your life... So don't talk to me about wasting time, i'm fighting other players, u're amassing **** u won't even get to use properly. We're both wasting our time, but mine is more focused on other people then repetitive boring actions.
    You're playing chess against an AI, i'm playing it against a human. And I'm not trying to prove anything, I'm not the PKer, I'm among the crowd fighting them. I never PK, and yet...PvP server is so much fun and so much harder.
    So u're here while a movie downloads, so do you see a point in arguing over the Internet ? why are u still doing it then, what are u trying to prove ? (your own line).
    But being king of the players would be quite amusing, everyone seeing it differently is just jelaous / envious.

And I'm sorry, but what u're doing is easy-moding, you can't handle the stress, you don't wanna be bothered, you don't wanna waste your time... all I hear is: you don't wanna... Why the heck are you even playing then if there's so much things you don't want... like someone's forcing you. If you can't enjoy it, suit yourself, but people will call you carebears, any of you might be a better player then any of us... but all of you are selecting easy, so u're not exactly proving us wrong.

P.S. there's much more people needing help on PvP servers... I never said I'm out here killing random people. But you choose to help the ones that are safe and having it easy.

I'm playing this game because I like paying with my friends, and the instances are epic if you have a skype convo up, which we always have. As well as that, we're playing to improve our characters, and just enjoying playing as our character.

Yes, there are many people that need help, but guess what? They kill you when you've finished healing them. ^_^.
  • Kantaryo - Storm Legion
    Kantaryo - Storm Legion Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    So to get this right Frosty we who refuse to PVP are softies carebears, so I got a word for you, we enjoy what we do...
    "Someone who never met God on Earth, would never meet Him in space".

Yuri Gagarin

=======================================
    I am the Sebestimator
  • FrostFang - Illyfue
    edited April 2011
    I'm playing this game because I like paying with my friends
    PWe knows that all too well, lol (I know u misstyped, it just was ironically true at the same time).
    So to get this right Frosty we who refuse to PVP are softies carebears, so I got a word for you, we enjoy what we do...
    ...You enjoy being soft ? Fine by me :3 Just don't get stepped on by someone O,o
    P.S. u're kinda adding names to your own bunch, it's not even us insulting you...
  • zyankali
    zyankali Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i play on PvE servers because i got flame-rage-told to play there because i didnt like my **** spanked by someone more than 10 lvls higher when i was looking for a fair fight...

carebears :rolleyes:
  • ProTank - Storm Legion
    ProTank - Storm Legion Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Carebears are hawt! :)
    I like to dance and watch parties die!
  • Temper - Storm Legion
    Temper - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The funny thing about 12 year olds is they're 12. There's always a few more on the F2P games, but eventually they get bored and do something else and the topic dies with them.

You go ahead, big guys. You kick some internet **** 'til mama makes you shut the computer off. Show 'em who's boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stupidfans
    stupidfans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i Still don't see the point of beating monsters up all day long.. and not having anything else but that..

how u play a game like that?? ther's no fun at all in that.. lol!! go play single player games with better stories of the game are those that are a lot more complex..

if what u want is to make friends.. go to a chat room or sme **** like that..

or as u'r calling the "no l1fers" that are top lvl and such.. go talk with ur RL friends.. o.O

IRL friends > silly Game Friends.. o.O
  • ylanday69
    ylanday69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    stupidfans wrote: »
    i Still don't see the point of beating monsters up all day long.. and not having anything else but that..

lol get ur facts straight... guild wars arenas and even optional open pvp are all available on the pve servers.
  • harabaz
    harabaz Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i'm playing in a pve server coz' i can only allot up to 1-3hrs a day of gametime. i can't afford to lose an hour cussing and arguing with idiots who are pk'ng people for their leisure.

but if i was "unemployed" atm, i would be in a pvp server battling it out.
  • brinkodisaster
    brinkodisaster Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Carebear is simply a term used to describe the opposite of "Hardcore"

You admitted you were carebear the moment you said you "cant always look at the monitor"

nothing wrong with it just dont be offended by the term. Its not bad or good its just what it is.
  • stupidfans
    stupidfans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ther's no arenas.. o.O
    and what open pvp in pve channel?? inside nether ToG? yah right.. cus ppl actually do that? o.o

also.. if u get pk'd.. and u stand there to discuss and argue with ur pkr.. ur losing time cus u'r fckin dumb and u want to..

u can just change channels.. :S?
    ther's 10 realms.. impossible for that guy be in all 10 at the same time.. lolz..
  • KageKishi - Storm Legion
    KageKishi - Storm Legion Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Why do I play on a PvE server?

Because I do have a real life and don't want to worry about PKers killing me 1000000000000000000000 times just because i am afk and they can.

And real life tends to make me go afk a LOT :rolleyes:
    Exiled, Betrayed and Hated
    All words that describe me
    The perfect World is no more...
    A Forsaken World has taken its place
    And once more I draw my blade...
    And create a new name for myself.

KageKishi
    Shadow Knight, Wind Warrior and Phantom Swordsman

My Journey Continues...
    and this time there will be no holding back