test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New thread: DDoS attack bonanza

Comments

• ElvenTroll - Storm LegionElvenTroll - Storm Legion Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    same here...GO US! :d

atm.... durring this DDoS on East, I am almost 20 again and killing elites :o anyone want some free shards?
    Why am I NOT healing you?...I wonder...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boddelen - Storm LegionBoddelen - Storm Legion Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i wish i could transfer to another server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011

That would be a cool option, allow us to transfer characters.... some say we cant because of the whole "Name Taken" Issue. I played one MMO that isnt based on that but rather based on an ID Number for each character, that way you can have the same name as someone else, but when you friend them you can see their player ID as well. Might sound confusing but it was actually easier than the whole finding a different name thing.
  • Endless_XIII - Storm LegionEndless_XIII - Storm Legion Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2011

I wish an admin or gm would show up and let us know something... I've sebestimated 3 times already waiting for the server, I'm getting tired...
  • Kherrington - Storm LegionKherrington - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    That would be a cool option, allow us to transfer characters.... some say we cant because of the whole "Name Taken" Issue. I played one MMO that isnt based on that but rather based on an ID Number for each character, that way you can have the same name as someone else, but when you friend them you can see their player ID as well. Might sound confusing but it was actually easier than the whole finding a different name thing.

That's such a cool concept, never heard of it before. But I'd personally prefer to stay on the server of my own time zone...but if we could go back and forth when problems like this pop up, that'd be great. complicated, but great. :)
    If Kherrington is too long for you, call me Kherr. :cool:
  • Dazee - Storm LegionDazee - Storm Legion Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I wish an admin or gm would show up and let us know something... I've sebestimated 3 times already waiting for the server, I'm getting tired...

i loled
  • Lawlieth - Storm LegionLawlieth - Storm Legion Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    give me my diaries henry!!!!
  • lindubeelindubee Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Strange, only storm server is down for me...I can log in to any other server but that one :(
  • Saeelwen - Storm LegionSaeelwen - Storm Legion Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Good God, I can't keep up with this thread, oh well, I still show Storm as being down so back to Lionheart.
    On Storm
    Saeelwen Mage
    Darksun Warrior
    StarLily Priest
    Midnyte Assassin
    Chardella Vampire
    Torlynn Marksman
    Markhim Assassin
    edited March 2011
    maybe they're only opening it up for a certain amount of people at a time in case it crashes again. I don't even think that's possible though lol
    edited March 2011
    That's such a cool concept, never heard of it before. But I'd personally prefer to stay on the server of my own time zone...but if we could go back and forth when problems like this pop up, that'd be great. complicated, but great. :)

Well look at it this way, when **** like this happens at least you can continue leveling your characters and not worry about a "DDoS", with multi servers and the ability to switch servers anytime you want, kinda kills the whole DDoS promlem imo. Unless someone got pissed enough to go after all the servers.
  • tsaiclonetsaiclone Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I find it absurd that regardless of the efforts the PWE team has gone through over the last week to battle these internet thugs and continue a quality service to all; that not once has anyone stood up and thanked them for perseverance over a well coordinated effort by people unknown to render the titles financially vulnerable.

I know first hand how difficult it is to track down remote systems using proxys and switches to mask their origin and i am quite impressed that PWE has been able to halt these attacks and deliver running servers at all.

So, instead of being selfish and whining and moaning about your precious online game time, Why not just let the technicians do their job, and we in turn can help to relieve the pressure from this community to get it fixed fast. The devs know and the techs all know what they are doing, and we should all appreciate the severity of this issue and just how difficult a distributed denial of service attack is to overcome.

Thank you PWE for an awesome title and good luck with these script kiddies.
  • AngieLynn - Storm LegionAngieLynn - Storm Legion Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well the server showed down for me has the --- lines but I still try log in and it took bit longer than usal but Im on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • serasdelightserasdelight Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This is utter rubbish. Why would you release this game with these kinds of problems? Or open a server with such problems? Hey! This game looks awesome. Lets make people spend their real money on this and then lets make the server crash and be down over half the time so they can't play. Can we say rip off??
  • Endless_XIII - Storm LegionEndless_XIII - Storm Legion Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2011

FFXI allows you to change server once a month for a price. I'm supprized PWE hasent hopped on that yet since they're always looking for ways to make money.
    edited March 2011
    This is utter rubbish. Why would you release this game with these kinds of problems? Or open a server with such problems? Hey! This game looks awesome. Lets make people spend their real money on this and then lets make the server crash and be down over half the time so they can't play. Can we say rip off??

um............... why dont you go back a few pages, or even to page 1 before you come here to talk big kthxbai
    edited March 2011

um, it's NOT THEIR FAULT! it was ddos'd! distributed denial of service from some hot shot player! good god man, have you not read a single thing before posting?!
  • Vaeralyn - Storm LegionVaeralyn - Storm Legion Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2011

You don't HAVE to spend real money to play this game. You don't pay monthly fees or even have to purchase the game when you download it. You pay for the extra features of the game and that's entirely of your own will. If you don't want to be "ripped off" then don't pay for the extra features anymore.
    edited March 2011
    FFXI allows you to change server once a month for a price. I'm supprized PWE hasent hopped on that yet since they're always looking for ways to make money.

PSU & PSO (for those who dont know: Phantasy Star Universe & Phantasy Star Online) allows you to do it for free, but then again its pay to play. But never even had a problem with them, that is why I'm still waiting on PSO II to come out this year.
  • NoHealzHere - Storm LegionNoHealzHere - Storm Legion Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You don't HAVE to spend real money to play this game. You don't pay monthly fees or even have to purchase the game when you download it. You pay for the extra features of the game and that's entirely of your own will. If you don't want to be "ripped off" then don't pay for the extra features anymore.

^ but i put 20 in this game already cause ima loser haha
  • Vaeralyn - Storm LegionVaeralyn - Storm Legion Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ^ but i put 20 in this game already cause ima loser haha

Loser! Looooossserrrr. jk <3:p
  • bunnypiratesbunnypirates Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This is starting to get annoying... I was in LH with my friends and we were killing the crab because I wanted to catch it and we had been killing it for 15 mins and I start to get really huge 30 sec delays on skills and chat. Then the crab is about 10% away from dying and BOOM I dc. I ran back and BOOOOM another dc in water with the stupid water debuff. I don't mind losing the pet even after killing it for ages, but the fact that PWE can't stop a bunch of idiotic kids who think they're all cool and famous after attacking a F2P game HQ - it's ****ing ridiculous. I probably won't be playing before the servers are stable again because random dc's and the rubberbands are making gaming impossible... =3= And I was thinking about buying a costume but ehh, I won't touch the ZEN page before this **** is sorted out.

/endrage notimpressedplz.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*CB1 player, herp-a-derp.*
    forsakenworldart.deviantart.comJOIN
    Retired; playing a game called life. O:
  • Kirisaite - Storm LegionKirisaite - Storm Legion Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    lol so unfair -_-'

*crying in the bathroom*:(
  • AngieLynn - Storm LegionAngieLynn - Storm Legion Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    As far Im concern while playing closed beta ddos attack didnt happen. The game ran good for me. Im sure they didnt plan lets have ddos attack week. Lets **** of our players. They're loosing money each attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hjsimphjsimp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm pretty sure they can migrate users to another server if they wanted to. After all, the FW has organized cross-server PK fests on the CN side of things.
    edited March 2011
    nooooes i'm getting lagggs :eek:
  • Liuhath - EyrdaLiuhath - Eyrda Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well, I wish the PWI team the best of luck to make this world "Perfect" again. I hope that when the team has everything under control, it'll stay under control and keep these hackers away. >.< Thanks for your efforts and thanks for the info.. :P
    edited March 2011
    Loser! Looooossserrrr. jk <3:p

o rly :P ill let tht slide since your a female :). but the mount and pet husky do help a ton
    <3
    edited March 2011
    Im Winning
    edited March 2011
    Im Winning

u just lost at the game sir
This discussion has been closed.