New thread: DDoS attack bonanza

Comments

• Jadyn - Eyrda
    Jadyn - Eyrda Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I find it funny that most the people on this thread ranting/raging about how PWE is a horrible company, really doesn't know anything about the problems they are having. I would like to see u all try to keep this game defended from DDoS or even keep it running for 20 mins. really, just back off. besides, the game isn't built for customer satisfaction. it's built for taking money from players while providing a game to play. so yeah just some facts restated there.
    Jadyn-Warrior lvl 44
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XD I wish
  • Nymda - Lionheart
    Nymda - Lionheart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    PvP happened on a PvE server from what I heard.
    now that you said it, i will say it too. i tried telling support that there is open PvP going on but they just ignored it. you can still get PK'ed on the PvE servers.

we may have to wait until monday to get anymore news about the ddos attacks. :(
  • Nicodemos - Storm Legion
    Nicodemos - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Why bother starting over on another server when the problem can spread there too? The same attackers or new ones can hit any FW servers. PWE can't handle this.

My friends and I are looking at new games to try out. If this isn't actually fixed and compensated soon, there's not much point sticking around and getting frustrated.
  • ExoticNymph - Storm Legion
    ExoticNymph - Storm Legion Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Since you are all crying that Pw said they were going to compensate and havnt received anything yet, they did send out an email to the user, below are the contents, now please quit crying.

Recently Perfect World Entertainment has fallen victim to malicious internet attacks.

Due to these attacks, you may have had connection issues in-game, or loading issues with our websites. We sincerely apologize for the issue and will be compensating all of our players once these attacks have ceased and the source of the issue has been shut down.

We are working swiftly to ensure that these types of issues will not occur again in the future. We are also working with the proper authorities to ensure that the culprits are found and dealt with accordingly.

Once again, we are deeply sorry for inconveniences caused, and we will update you again once everything has been resolved.

- The PWE Team

GET ALL THAT, they arent going to do anything until the attacks stop and incase you havent noticed, they still are happening, patients is a virtue and crying is for infants, so put your big girl panties on and stop QQing
  • ElvenTroll - Storm Legion
    ElvenTroll - Storm Legion Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i'm with you...although i made an elf warrior instead ;)

pm Chormsv for faction info. trying to round up all Lost Storm players in need of a family xD
    Why am I NOT healing you?...I wonder...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mingtow - Storm Legion
    Mingtow - Storm Legion Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Woohoo 100 pages
  • mirrai
    mirrai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I find it funny that most the people on this thread ranting/raging about how PWE is a horrible company, really doesn't know anything about the problems they are having. I would like to see u all try to keep this game defended from DDoS or even keep it running for 20 mins. really, just back off. besides, the game isn't built for customer satisfaction. it's built for taking money from players while providing a game to play. so yeah just some facts restated there.

Everyone should read your post. +1

Don't mind the bellow part of these post . . think it as my siggy . .
    It's ddos http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ddos_attack

thread : it's not just pwe
    >
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1042191
    <
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Average player age on FW currently
    (0 ~ 17)23,4% - (17~20)31,2% - (21~30)19,5% - (30~40)4,7% - (70+)0,8% - (unknown)20,3%
    There were over 64 thread asking FW download and date, Currently there 28 Guild available for you
    I haven't update the information above.
    If you are wondering how to access ignore list =http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist=
  • lozx
    lozx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Shut down the damn server and put it back on only after fix the problems. I think is better than keep getting dc'ed every 10-15 minutes. Lot of people, me included, lost their XP events runs because of that. We are pretty sure we wont get these runs back so, fix the thing once and for all.
  • izheetmadrawrs
    izheetmadrawrs Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Why bother starting over on another server when the problem can spread there too? The same attackers or new ones can hit any FW servers. PWE can't handle this.

My friends and I are looking at new games to try out. If this isn't actually fixed and compensated soon, there's not much point sticking around and getting frustrated.

Your paying how much to play this game and your pissing and moaning about compensation?
  • Vaeralyn - Storm Legion
    Vaeralyn - Storm Legion Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    GET ALL THAT, they arent going to do anything until the attacks stop and incase you havent noticed, they still are happening, patients is a virtue and crying is for infants, so put your big girl panties on and stop QQing

I love you. :D
  • Mingtow - Storm Legion
    edited March 2011
    Jadyn where did you get that pic, i want one of my toon .
  • tyleriscool420
    tyleriscool420 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    if U Do Not Know What The **** U Are Talking About Shut The **** Up Sick Of Hearing Pwe Cant Handle This Could U? No Could Any One Elce? No Its Called Ddos U Use Rfis And Set Them To 30 Threads A Peace 20k Rfis Can Shut Down Almost Any Thing (outher Then Google) Depending On Who Made Your Rfis Hence Why Pew Cant Do Anything!! Abount It But Ban The Bots Can U Ban 20krfis? That Have Not Even Ben Used? No Dident Think So. So Shut The **** Up
  • Bigwig - Storm Legion
    Bigwig - Storm Legion Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    What I would give to see some sort of external server status signal instead of having to troll these forums to see if the server is back up.
  • XTactician - Storm Legion
    XTactician - Storm Legion Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    lozx wrote: »
    Shut down the damn server and put it back on only after fix the problems. I think is better than keep getting dc'ed every 10-15 minutes. Lot of people, me included, lost their XP events runs because of that. We are pretty sure we wont get these runs back so, fix the thing once and for all.

Agree'd
  • Magicka - Storm Legion
    Magicka - Storm Legion Posts: 2,061 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Time for you to all go and

'Spank The Monkey'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    'I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well
    as you deserve.' ~ Bilbo Baggins
  • Onyyx - Storm Legion
    Onyyx - Storm Legion Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Then don't do your exp runs til you know the server will be back up? Common sense, people. It won't hurt you to miss a few days of exp events. -.-'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • slayer0074
    slayer0074 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    :mad:Completely pissed off why not just ban all incoming ips from non us based isps. Sounds tough but is really a simple solution. I think they are looking to deep into a simple problem. I run a few different servers for a few different things and have ha to deal with this same issue. Same fix i think just on a much larger scale.:mad:
  • Darriuss - Storm Legion
    Darriuss - Storm Legion Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2011

They shut it down, you wont get exp at all... USELESS ARGUEMENT! Besides, if you dont want to go into the game while this is going on.... QUIT LOGGING IN YOU HALF BRAINED BABOONS!

BESIDES WHICH, IF THEY SHUT IT DOWN, THERE WILL BE NOTHING FOR THE DDOSER TO ATTACK! THEN HOW WILL THEY CATCH THEM!? DUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! GET A CLUE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND QUIT RAGING POINTLESSLY PLEASE!
    Darriuss- Lv80 Elemental Human Warrior
    DarHealsU- Lv80 Divine Human Priest
    CptnBluBeard- Lv80 Burst Dwarven Marksman
    ThunderboltzX- Lv79 Human Lightning Mage
    Member of SilentNight
    Husband of xMelanthax <3
    Survivor of DDoS Attack
    Survivor of Novapack Rollback

Playing since Closed Beta
  • mirrai
    edited March 2011
    It's ddos, learn first http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ddos_attack

thread : it's not just pwe who receive ddos
    >
    <
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (0 ~ 17)23,4% - (17~20)31,2% - (21~30)19,5% - (30~40)4,7% - (70+)0,8% - (unknown)20,3%
    There were over 64 thread asking FW download and date, Currently there 28 Guild available for you
    If you are wondering how to access ignore list =http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist=
  • Vaeralyn - Storm Legion
    Vaeralyn - Storm Legion Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Then don't do your exp runs til you know the server will be back up? Common sense, people. It won't hurt you to miss a few days of exp events. -.-'

This. Go quest, gather materials, or something else.
  • syahaiyub
    syahaiyub Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    im going to lionheart
    its 421am here and im tired
    will making female kindred mage and male elf bard
  • SkyDancer - Storm Legion
    SkyDancer - Storm Legion Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    slayer0074 wrote: »
    :mad:Completely pissed off why not just ban all incoming ips from non us based isps. Sounds tough but is really a simple solution. I think they are looking to deep into a simple problem. I run a few different servers for a few different things and have ha to deal with this same issue. Same fix i think just on a much larger scale.:mad:

First, it's an international game with international servers so you can't ban specific areas.

Second, what makes you think the ones attacking are not from the US?
  • bluezaimon
    bluezaimon Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    mirrai wrote: »
    Everyone should read your post. +1

Don't mind the bellow part of these post . . think it as my siggy . .
    It's ddos http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ddos_attack

thread : it's not just pwe
    >
    <

I don't understand why do you source wiki?
    and please put the source of that news South Korea being attacked in the early month and then the no-brain hackers felt bored with korean and they turned to american in the end of march. ooh i think it is from china, they hate korean and american. ;)
  • Schitzo - Storm Legion
    Schitzo - Storm Legion Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    if U Do Not Know What The **** U Are Talking About Shut The **** Up Sick Of Hearing Pwe Cant Handle This Could U? No Could Any One Elce? No Its Called Ddos U Use Rfis And Set Them To 30 Threads A Peace 20k Rfis Can Shut Down Almost Any Thing (outher Then Google) Depending On Who Made Your Rfis Hence Why Pew Cant Do Anything!! Abount It But Ban The Bots Can U Ban 20krfis? That Have Not Even Ben Used? No Dident Think So. So Shut The **** Up

Speak English And Learn To Type!
  • ElvenTroll - Storm Legion
    ElvenTroll - Storm Legion Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2011

lolumad?
    Why am I NOT healing you?...I wonder...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Onyyx - Storm Legion
    Onyyx - Storm Legion Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    syahaiyub wrote: »
    im going to lionheart
    its 421am here and im tired
    will making female kindred mage and male elf bard

You're tired, yet youre still going to make new classes on a diff server?

Dedication? Or mindless zombie-gaming?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadyn - Eyrda
    Jadyn - Eyrda Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Jadyn where did you get that pic, i want one of my toon .

u tried google pics lately? found it there. this is not my char. in game though hence the
    "XD I wish!"
    Jadyn-Warrior lvl 44
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XD I wish
  • slayer0074
    slayer0074 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011

>
    <

I know what type of attack this is i have a degree in networking. I was just making a point with my post that it may be a quick work around.
  • Mingtow - Storm Legion
    edited March 2011
    Since you are all crying that Pw said they were going to compensate and havnt received anything yet, they did send out an email to the user, below are the contents, now please quit crying.

Recently Perfect World Entertainment has fallen victim to malicious internet attacks.

Due to these attacks, you may have had connection issues in-game, or loading issues with our websites. We sincerely apologize for the issue and will be compensating all of our players once these attacks have ceased and the source of the issue has been shut down.

We are working swiftly to ensure that these types of issues will not occur again in the future. We are also working with the proper authorities to ensure that the culprits are found and dealt with accordingly.

Once again, we are deeply sorry for inconveniences caused, and we will update you again once everything has been resolved.

- The PWE Team

Woohoo 100 pages

>
    <

yes i agree
  • mirrai
    edited March 2011
    bluezaimon wrote: »
    I don't understand why do you source wiki?
    and please put the source of that news South Korea being attacked in the early month and then the no-brain hackers felt bored with korean and they turned to american in the end of march. ooh i think it is from china, they hate korean and american. ;)

Because i am bad at explaining, you can look for available explaining on some angry people here. :D (after looking on so many complains)
    About source check the link and read the thread . . :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.