New thread: DDoS attack bonanza

Comments

• Aiur - Storm Legion
    Aiur - Storm Legion Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hm... So this happening for 4 days now... Its only me who noticed PWE cant do anything with this? So this will stop when the DDoSer gets bored enough to stop it?
  • leederek
    leederek Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    they should rest the server, till they are ready to be up.. kinda of frastrating keep gng up and down ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  • ElvenTroll - Storm Legion
    ElvenTroll - Storm Legion Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hm... So this happening for 4 days now... Its only me who noticed PWE cant do anything with this? So this will stop when the DDoSer gets bored enough to stop it?

Simple... What do doctors tell you when you caught a virus? Just let it run it's course, there is no cure......
    Why am I NOT healing you?...I wonder...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • immortalwrath
    immortalwrath Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    For all of you geniuses thinking its bugs, its not... If it were bugs, ALL SERVERS WOULD BE AFFECTED JUST THE SAME, AS THEY ALL USE THE SAME VERSION OF THE GAME! SO GET A CLUE BEFORE YOU SPIT STUPID ACCUSATIONS AND GET YOURSELF BANNED. Second, There are 10x more people on JD's east coast server than on FW, and it never had issues... NOT AN OVERPOPULATION ISSUE! It is a sorry **** DDoSer who recently had his JD private server shut down, because it had hack programs or something like that, and is QQing. Also heard rumors that the moron was planning to blackmail PWE on the grounds of he won't hack them if they pay him... Its some sorry **** kid thinking he is a badass, who is gonna end up in FEDERAL PRISON for this BS, and QQ LIKE A 2 YEAR OLD WHEN IT HAPPENS!

all pw games run on very same server and not divided up on several servers to ease off the traffic and make each games more smooth??? O.O and just sad if its really 3 kids doin this ^^ able 2 fk up whole pw staff (these kids would most likely NOt get in prison and DOUBt they would get kicked into a federal prison OFCourse unless if accused of bein terrorists then yea instant shipped 2 the states for **** woopin lololol)
    anyways im off >.> and wake up early seems server is more smooth there since most of the states gamers are sleepin ^^
  • spettro420
    spettro420 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    There was once this guy who **** into a bank and stole lots o money, he almost got away and was caught in the airport, instead of arresting him, they hired him to do their security haha. Just a lesson learned by PWE.

And I'm a bit confused when it comes to this DDoS.
    Who they hell can get ahold of 50,000 Comps?
    If the computers are being "used" without permission, how would I stop MY COMPUTER from being a victim?
    I also heard that a DDoS can come from a website being **** that has A LOT of bandwidth, like google or hackthissite.org?
  • mirrai
    mirrai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Once again . . it's not just pwe . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Average player age on FW currently
    (0 ~ 17)23,4% - (17~20)31,2% - (21~30)19,5% - (30~40)4,7% - (70+)0,8% - (unknown)20,3%
    There were over 64 thread asking FW download and date, Currently there 28 Guild available for you
    I haven't update the information above.
    If you are wondering how to access ignore list =http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist=
  • Darriuss - Storm Legion
    Darriuss - Storm Legion Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Darriuss, your the one who doesnt have a clue. Each server can have its own bugs, that will only affect that server. Thats common sense, 8th grade knowledge. Dont come in here trying to fill peoples minds that don't know exactly whats going on with your very limited knowledge.

All the game clients run off the same Update link, only difference is that the servers are divided by region... IF IT WERE BUGS, IT WOULD BE AN EASY FIX! USE SOME COMMON SENSE PEOPLE!
    Darriuss- Lv80 Elemental Human Warrior
    DarHealsU- Lv80 Divine Human Priest
    CptnBluBeard- Lv80 Burst Dwarven Marksman
    ThunderboltzX- Lv79 Human Lightning Mage
    Member of SilentNight
    Husband of xMelanthax <3
    Survivor of DDoS Attack
    Survivor of Novapack Rollback

Playing since Closed Beta
  • arwae
    arwae Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This is getting rather aggravating. Doesn't PWE have some defenses against DDoS attack? After all, this the fourth third time I've had to log off and on in less than half an hour.

If this is something new and sudden, I'm a little more understanding, but some people have said that this has happened before. If it has, than why aren't there any counter-measures in place?
  • immortalwrath
    immortalwrath Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    spettro420 wrote: »
    There was once this guy who **** into a bank and stole lots o money, he almost got away and was caught in the airport, instead of arresting him, they hired him to do their security haha. Just a lesson learned by PWE.

And I'm a bit confused when it comes to this DDoS.
    Who they hell can get ahold of 50,000 Comps?
    If the computers are being "used" without permission, how would I stop MY COMPUTER from being a victim?
    I also heard that a DDoS can come from a website being **** that has A LOT of bandwidth, like google or hackthissite.org?

reinstall ur OS etc and u would get rid of it i think
    edited March 2011
    mirrai wrote: »

It's the internet, what do we expect? Attacks can happen to anybody, same with any company. But personally with all the money PWE has made from all it's games and in-game "Cash Shopper's ONLY" Items.... You would think we would be at least better protected.
  • Aeolus - Eyrda
    Aeolus - Eyrda Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If i were attacking I'd wait until 4:30 PDT.

GT on Saturday for maximum QQ.
  • spettro420
    edited March 2011
    wow f that lol, that means i have To DL it and burn it and get a loader ha im not doing that at all. there has to be a simple way?
  • mirrai
    edited March 2011
    Read these : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1042191

It's not just pwe . . . and no matter how many times complains thread made it won't speed up thing . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (0 ~ 17)23,4% - (17~20)31,2% - (21~30)19,5% - (30~40)4,7% - (70+)0,8% - (unknown)20,3%
    There were over 64 thread asking FW download and date, Currently there 28 Guild available for you
    If you are wondering how to access ignore list =http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist=
  • ProTank - Storm Legion
    ProTank - Storm Legion Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Darriuss, your the one who doesnt have a clue. Each server can have its own bugs, that will only affect that server. Thats common sense, 8th grade knowledge. Dont come in here trying to fill peoples minds that don't know exactly whats going on with your very limited knowledge.

I once got herpies but was only on my pinky toe? Can this be true?
    I like to dance and watch parties die!
  • CloudFox - Eyrda
    CloudFox - Eyrda Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ty for the info crabclaw ^_^ whoever could be doing this?
  • TwiiZteD - Eyrda
    TwiiZteD - Eyrda Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Zombie computers. o= - I was personally DDoS'd about 2 weeks ago. lolol.
  • Kherrington - Storm Legion
    Kherrington - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    oooh, almost 100 posts...KEEP SPAMMING!!!
    I'm bored of waiting for the next dc >_>

edit: 100 pages. :P
    If Kherrington is too long for you, call me Kherr. :cool:
  • Liyanin - Storm Legion
    Liyanin - Storm Legion Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I just hope this will get fixed soon.:(
    edited March 2011
    If i were attacking I'd wait until 4:30 PDT.

GT on Saturday for maximum QQ.

Meh, I would just close it down so it never re-opens... maybe the real DDoSer would see no one no longer played on East so he/she/it would go and bomb West or DE servers xD
  • spettro420
    edited March 2011
    I say we tell N. Korea to get a handle on their people, or nuclear weapons will be used against them.
  • Dagnar - Eyrda
    Dagnar - Eyrda Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    mirrai wrote: »

For sake of emphasis.

However; I do have one question. Why is it just PWI's East Coast severs? Does this mean whoever is committing the DDoS attacks on a wide basis is targeting Eastern server locations?
  • desomaga
    desomaga Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    gohanf2285 wrote: »
    seriously guys you should expect this from a FREE mmo. P2P mmos have way better firewals, security and way better techs to keep the game going. sorry to say, this game maybe washed up if they cant get it under control. well guess its all SWTOR for me :). actually i was going over there anyway once it released. could care less if this game crashes now.

Silly comments like that always make me laugh.

Just because a game is placed in the free to play genre doesn't mean it's OK to lower the standards. They both make money off the gamers and make large profits. The only real difference is they use a difference money scheme. I wont bother going into more detail because I have ran into way too many hard headed people that refuse to listen to reason about the whole it's a free mmo bs.

As far as not having as good secutiy, firewalls and techs. Why is that? Quality hired =/= Quantity. If their tech's are not up to standards then they shouldn't have been hired. As far as firewalls and what not, they should also be up to standards or the company is just being more greedy than they should and not prioritizing quality <-- which is the problem i see with many games, p2p and f2p alike.

Few more days till it's been a week. Guess I better gather all my diamonds on my alts in case a week passes and I move to another game. Sure my guild could use several more diamonds.
  • Crysty - Storm Legion
    Crysty - Storm Legion Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    servers back online full power :cool::rolleyes::D at warp speed , play as fast as you can .
    [SIGPIC]Do you like it ? Right-click to Save Picture As..[/SIGPIC]

The Golden Scorpion - Suggestion for a new pet for Marksman class or everyone xD
  • izheetmadrawrs
    izheetmadrawrs Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Please God,,make them lay off of PW and maybe hit facebook instead. (I hate farmville)LOL:)
    edited March 2011
    oooh, almost 100 posts...KEEP SPAMMING!!!
    I'm bored of waiting for the next dc >_>

I love it, by the end of these attacks I will be one of those people with a 5 digit number for posts... :DDDDDD
  • JakTheWarrior - Eyrda
    JakTheWarrior - Eyrda Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    DDoS are back -.- hope u can get the servers up and GL!!!:D
  • mirrai
    edited March 2011
    For sake of emphasis.

However; I do have one question. Why is it just PWI's East Coast severs? Does this mean whoever is committing the DDoS attacks on a wide basis is targeting Eastern server locations?

not just east people on forums already said that they exchange between east and west, maybe the times of attack to east is on peak times

Must read for those that hate full and keep accusing pwe :
    >
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1042191
    <
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    For sake of emphasis.

It's prob someone from the East Coast who got pissed because his/her parents wouldnt let them finish those 30/day Henry dailies
  • LiLMsMandy - Storm Legion
    LiLMsMandy - Storm Legion Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i just cant wait to actually be able to play without getting DCed every 5 seconds.. or lagging to the point where i cant move (43k ping FTW!) whoever did this, thanks for ruining it for the rest of us!
  • Diminished - Storm Legion
    Diminished - Storm Legion Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    desomaga wrote: »
    Silly comments like that always make me laugh.

Just because a game is placed in the free to play genre doesn't mean it's OK to lower the standards. They both make money off the gamers and make large profits. The only real difference is they use a difference money scheme. I wont bother going into more detail because I have ran into way too many hard headed people that refuse to listen to reason about the whole it's a free mmo bs.

Few more days till it's been a week. Guess I better gather all my diamonds on my alts in case a week passes and I move to another game. Sure my guild could use several more diamonds.

I agree, that is the most **** comment ive ever seen. What the other guy said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.