About jobs

cobraul2
cobraul2 Posts: 10 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
I wold like to know more info about the jobs.
I know that:
"The occupation system in Forsaken World allows you to specialize in numerous crafting professions that will let you create everything from potions to armor. You can view the occupation menu by hitting the "o" key. This system is automatically unlocked for your character during the starting quest line in Freedom Harbor.

In order to learn professions, you first need to acquire job points. To gain job points, simply complete quests in the main quest line (these quests are color coded yellow in your quest log). At certain milestones, you'll be rewarded with an additional job point. To spend a job point, you must visit the trainer for the occupation you want to learn, and purchase the occupation there.

Certain jobs require you to reach a certain level before you can learn them. Additionally, you will not be able to learn all occupations on one character - so choose wisely.

All available jobs include:
Botanist Alchemist Chef Fisher
Socialite Miner Artisan Adventurer
Arcanist Tamer Merchant Scavenger
Weaponsmith Armorsmith

To use an occupation, click on which one you want to craft with in the occupation menu. This will list all of the recipes you've learned, as well as the requirements to create each item. Recipes can be gained from quests, killing monsters, and events. Right click a recipe to learn it."

Ok, i saw some topics about the jobs, but admins, make the site more complete.

What i know:
Botanist collects plants useful for Alchemist and Chief.
Alchemist makes potions that we can use in battle mode. Ok, what other things can we do with this job?
Chief makes potions that we can use when we are not in battle mode. We will stay down and heal and get some buffs from them. What other things can we do with this job?
Fisher. You can go fishing in some places and you can use the fish for some things. What things? What are thous things useful for?
Socialite. No clue. What is for?
Miner collects materials useful for Artisan, Weaponsmith, Armorsmith.
Artisan. I think that it makes jewels, but i don't have a clue.
Adventurer. Make some adventure quests. What more?
Arcanist - Not available yet.
Tamer. You can make some mobs your pets.
Merchant. What can we do with this job?
Scavenger destroys items to make some materials.
Weaponsmith makes all types of weapons.
Armorsmith makes all types of armors.

Socialite, Adventurer and Merchant are free jobs. We can have 6 more with job points. Ok, if we want to extract a job point from an old job, we freeze that job. We can use that job point for other job. But can we unfreeze the freezed jobs? How and what happens with their lvl when we freeze and unfreeze.

I think that we wold like more info about jobs, what can we do with them, what items can we create, what materials the items need, what are the items useful for. All this before we try in the game and in the end we can regret it.
And by the way, when you press 'K' and go to the Job and press a job and see the items that we can create, can you guys make them arrange in alphabetical order?

Thx!
Post edited by cobraul2 on

Comments

• d0nx21
    d0nx21 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    When you freeze job it freeze job lvl and exp too.

To unfreeze job you need job point.

So lets say, you can freeze alchemy at lvl35 and take tamer with point you acquired when freeze job, then on lvl 40 when you get new job point you can take alchemy again.

Hope you get it, my english is little bad :D
  • Vexxa - Eyrda
    Vexxa - Eyrda Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well... rather than write a TLDR about what you DO know... and being snippy... why not just ask some straight forward questions in a way that is easier to understand?

And you do realize this is still BETA...

it's not rocket science.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • saluzzar
    saluzzar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    hmm if its a BETA why i got a mail that the game relesed on 9 march?
    and it would be cool to get more info about the game that u can't find on the side and the forum to.
  • Etrigan - Storm Legion
    Etrigan - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Because OPEN beta was released to everyone on March 9th.
  • cobraul2
    cobraul2 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well... rather than write a TLDR about what you DO know... and being snippy... why not just ask some straight forward questions in a way that is easier to understand?

And you do realize this is still BETA...

it's not rocket science.

I posted like this because i want some admins or GMs to answer my questions and make this topic complete and useful for all players :)