This Pvp System is Archaic

pandora007
pandora007 Posts: 1
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
It has been brought to my attention through my own experiences and those of my esteemed colleagues that the PvP in this game is lacking...woefully,horribly,terribly(etc etc). The fact that combat is stagnant is a vice that has been complained of since CB and will not get fixed as this relates to the games core mechanics.
However, there is no excuse for the lack of incentives available through PvP and for a game touted as being relatively new,moreover, targetting us Western players who love to PvP, I believe most will agree that it fails in any attempt to be called a PvP orriented game. The way I see it there might as well be no Pvp at all.:p
Reasons: 1. There is no Race/Faction PvP system- while this does not make or break the Pvp in Mmos it does tend to provide an avenue through which the players seek to engage in battle due to the mere fact that they are opposing their rival race/faction. Even though there are different races, they are all marketted and advertised as coexisting with each other in peace and harmony. I know this is a PERFECT WORLD game but come on; there is no world without conflict.
2.No Rewards for PvP- Forsaken World offers no rewards at all for Pvping. Im not sure if guild wars give anything towards contribution/zeal/guild activity points etc since i have unfortunately never had the pleasure of partaking in one. This is ofcourse because noone sees the need to accept random guild war requests or even take the time to schedule some. Games like Allods Online and even my old time favourite Anarchy Online have far advanced Pvp systems which offer points for killing same lvl or higher lvled players. These points could be used to purchase special Pvp gear or other items that would make life abit easier. I do not understand how no thought was given to something so intrinsicly basic to any package that is going to marketed to Western Pvpers.
3. Silly PK penalties- Ok this is just ridiculous, I would expect this from a game made in the 90's or early 2nd millenium but not from a game as recent as Forsaken world. Killing a player your lvl eventually gives u a red name which you have to wait out for hours. This runs counter to the server labelled PVP as the people who want to PvP so badly they have to force it out of the PVE'ers get punished. I believe that instead there should be Open Pvp on all maps at anytime limited only by the few safe zones by warp points and LEVEL Restrictions. To draw a reference. In Anarchy Online players lvl 220 could not attack a lvl 20 or 50; he was simply barred from doing so due to his level in relation to that of his target. Would it have been so hard to implement something like this? 5/10 lvl bar each way of a person's level? Dropping unbound items is good and all but this can be easily avoided by simply depositing valuables. Anyone stupid enough to PK til they get a red name will eventually get smart enough to deposit anything he minds being lost due to death.
4. PK starts at lvl 30- Why? because you get a wraith skill at 30? Why 30 instead of 20? Why need a wraith skill at all? So persons can leak soulforce orbs? If thats the case then keep wraith or make the skill available at lvl 20. In there attempt to make this game have a totally new and innovative Pvp system they have effectively narrowed down the possiblities as it has become in 1v1, in most cases, the person who gets red hand first wins. Some choose to ignore orbs all together but eventually the ones who will win are the ones who become adept at collecting orbs..... I have played many games which threw you into the Deep End of the harshness of a Pvp inclined game by having open world pvp from the time u step out of your newb town. This did not affect these games, persons learnt how to pvp and how to pk as a must. There are 10 Realms you could always try your luck on another if you are getting ganked. As it is not much people are even Pking as they are more interesting in questing lvling etc so it makes for a very dull experience.
5. Lack of Pvp Modes- This is self evident. Duels, Pk @ lvl 30 and Guild Wars which are always turned down and also I think certain instances which are not instanced which have Open Pvp inside. Meh boring. Duels are Boring, PK is boring since any idiot can outrun you unless u gank his **** when he is killing an elite or minding his own business and as I have said but will still reitterate, Most Guilds are Spineless. There needs to be more channels through which people can pvp and be reward not only with pleasure but with something tangible.
6. MR/Resistance- Lots of topics on this so i dont need to elaborate beyond that of saying it puts the power of the sword of omens in any person who uses their credit card. Certain guilds have already established themselves as being Heavy Spenders.

I'm sure if i really tried I could think of afew more but I shall leave it there for now. Whether I have made my point or not is up to you. Please air your views.

-AuroraBorealis
Post edited by Unknown User on
«13

Comments

  • Lowlz - Eyrda
    Lowlz - Eyrda Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I like the title of the point 2 and 3, but i disagree with the content. There are too many penalties for PK, and killing a white rarely gives you some reward. At least in the PvP server there should be some risk also for white people, the PvP would be more rewarding, there would be a reason to get red (really, in other games you get red because you can obtain items from other people, in this game why would someone do it? Just for the pleasure of killing, and maybe for the lulz) and this would incentivate PvP.
  • mirrai
    mirrai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just for the pleasure of killing, and maybe for the lulz) and this would incentivate PvP.

    Exactly like PW ? :D
    Safety lock can be used to protect your self from dropping item at all there, even with very red name. But there still exist people who didn't mind to spent extra cash or time to fire up their character before pvp, even without any benefit other than pride.

    These pride things usually is so precious for continual of pwe pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Average player age on FW currently
    (0 ~ 17)23,4% - (17~20)31,2% - (21~30)19,5% - (30~40)4,7% - (70+)0,8% - (unknown)20,3%
    There were over 64 thread asking FW download and date, Currently there 28 Guild available for you
    I haven't update the information above.
    If you are wondering how to access ignore list =http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist=
  • pandora007
    pandora007 Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    Don't get me wrong, I have no problems with the white-red name system but it is just too dumb to leave it at that alone. As you said person will only go red for the lulz only to get hunted by white names who will suffer no penalties or bare any risk. Dropping Items should be across the board imo but that would **** over the current system altogether so some other solution would have to be sought.
  • Lowlz - Eyrda
    Lowlz - Eyrda Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I miss the old good full loot games :(
  • ylanday69
    ylanday69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ive never read anywhere that this is a pvp oriented game, it just has pvp available. i just re visited the game info site and i see nothing but pve, and in the features list under the pvp heading i see pretty much nothing more than its basis being available...
  • Istar - Eyrda
    Istar - Eyrda Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    One of my main things is that when a white named player attacks a red name, the white name stays white, so if the red name tries to defend him/her self they only get more hours...wtf D:<
    And id like to see some incentives for pk like some titles or something, not only that but it would be nice if the pk points thing wasnt just a count for how many hours you have. Like thered be one for your hours but also one for your total kills =/
    Sticks and Stones may break my Bones, But Chains and Whips Excite me.
  • Kipal - Eyrda
    Kipal - Eyrda Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    1) Each race has access to only a certain amount of classes - thus, a faction war would be heavily imbalanced for, let's say dwarves and stonemen. There is a god system which I hope will allow for server vs. server combat, but it's highly doubtful.

    2) There is a PvP arena that will be added into the game later, which will become the main focus of the game later on.

    3) There are enough realms to quest even with red name. Best thing to do is, if someone comes near you, target them and get yourself ready. Not only does it allow for an element of surprise on your part, seeing a red name targetting you would often deter most of the random player-killer-killers.

    4) Since levels come quickly and because the pk penalty is so dangerous, pk starting at level 30 allows the players to see a few duels/pks and to know that random killing is bad.

    5) The current system is fine. It involves annoying a guild to the point where they will attack you if they are attacked, or even if they only see you. Duels allow for an expansive fight to take place, allowing for players to test their skills against one another without any interruptions. Currently people are leveling so any interruptions (like fights) will **** them up.

    6) I can see your misgivings with this. I agree it allows for a massive gap between CS'ers and normal players. The only advice here is to manipulate the market and get some gold.
  • tameas
    tameas Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Its fun to play a game that is new and is 4 years behind the curve in pvp

    we are not children .. we can decide someone is a **** without penalities

    sides it keeps the average ordinary flake in line and off my damn kills .. thank you very much.

    KSers tread lightly in PVP .. or they have a tendency to be dead a LOT :p

    We the people are a mean nasty lot .. our ancestors conquered and took away everything from the people originally here .. we may seem demure and willing to be taken advantage of but **** us off and armageddon will look like a picnic.

    PVP does us good .. cause we keep what we kill.
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    tameas wrote: »
    we are not children .. we can decide someone is a **** without penalities
    But that's not the point of it. They don't care if they are being a ****, though, they will care if they start to lose durability and drop items. Of course you can put them in bank, but that's a new layer of inconvenience, which is the point of it.

    The only tarded thing is not turning orange when attacking a redname.
  • tameas
    tameas Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    What about if a RED name kills another Red Name does the red name turn white

    perfect world games always did have a problem with pvp .. whereas other games call it FAME

    excuse me I have to go get sheared .. my winter coat is too thick for summer

    baa
  • mirrai
    mirrai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    tameas wrote: »
    What about if a RED name kills another Red Name does the red name turn white

    Stay red :cool: usually people use their alt or ask their friend to kill them if they want to end red name quickly. Because waiting for it to return white take so long time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Average player age on FW currently
    (0 ~ 17)23,4% - (17~20)31,2% - (21~30)19,5% - (30~40)4,7% - (70+)0,8% - (unknown)20,3%
    There were over 64 thread asking FW download and date, Currently there 28 Guild available for you
    I haven't update the information above.
    If you are wondering how to access ignore list =http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist=
  • Valtyr - Eyrda
    Valtyr - Eyrda Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    pandora007 wrote: »
    It has been brought to my attention through my own experiences and those of my esteemed colleagues that the PvP in this game is lacking...woefully,horribly,terribly(etc etc). The fact that combat is stagnant is a vice that has been complained of since CB and will not get fixed as this relates to the games core mechanics.

    I stopped reading after it became clear you were a homosexual. I'm not homophobic or anything, but I'm afraid you'll get your ****-poison all over me and then I'll have to suck dudes off in a back alley in order to feel alive again.
  • pandora007
    pandora007 Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    I stopped reading after it became clear you were a homosexual. I'm not homophobic or anything, but I'm afraid you'll get your ****-poison all over me and then I'll have to suck dudes off in a back alley in order to feel alive again.

    Is that all you have to say? nothing to add? Because i picked at a pitiful excuse for a combat system which has already been under fire and fretted over since CB1 not only by me ofcourse but many other players? You my random friend choose to attack me. I say... Lol next.

    I think everyone is missing the point. The system as it is does allow u to kill Ksers, does allow for inconveniences but the main point of this thread is to highlight that Pvp is not some horrid foribidden thing that should be diluted to the point of sheer boredom and monotony. I want to kill people because its fun, I want people to want to kill me because they can acheive some other goal other than bragging rights. The same argument used to justify open PvP beginning at 30 can be used to justify it starting at 20. The point being that duels matter not when ur being ganked at half hp, the only way to learn is experience open and semi-suspected PvP. The sooner the better.
  • pizzblack
    pizzblack Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    What's not to say that PK is discouraged completely.

    That's the feeling you get. There's nothing to gain and much to lose.

    Even if you store items, you only have so much space. Another underhanded blow is the permanent

    durability loss penalty (that is quite overlooked).

    This game...this game...might just be a social game, that encourages functions like guilds and parites

    over everything else. Everything.

    Guild versus guild battles and the PvP Arena, will generally constitute all of your PvP experience in FW.

    Pk-ing gives nothing (as said before) nor do Pk parties nor Pk wars.

    This is the wrong type of game to search for PvP in.
    QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT

    There once was a BlackCard...~
  • pandora007
    pandora007 Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    I guess the possiblity always exists that this **** was only meant to be marketed to us so they could make more money based solely off of the more playing-more paying argument. If that is the case I wonder how long the paying players will stay when all the free players leave due to boredom and OP'ness of cash shop users.
  • Valtyr - Eyrda
    Valtyr - Eyrda Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    pandora007 wrote: »
    Is that all you have to say? nothing to add? Because i picked at a pitiful excuse for a combat system which has already been under fire and fretted over since CB1 not only by me ofcourse but many other players? You my random friend choose to attack me. I say... Lol next.

    I think everyone is missing the point. The system as it is does allow u to kill Ksers, does allow for inconveniences but the main point of this thread is to highlight that Pvp is not some horrid foribidden thing that should be diluted to the point of sheer boredom and monotony. I want to kill people because its fun, I want people to want to kill me because they can acheive some other goal other than bragging rights. The same argument used to justify open PvP beginning at 30 can be used to justify it starting at 20. The point being that duels matter not when ur being ganked at half hp, the only way to learn is experience open and semi-suspected PvP. The sooner the better.

    Could you at least take the dong out of your mouth before addressing me? It's distracting.

    The PvP system here is fine. There's a chance for rewards by killing rednames, and there's not nearly enough risk to dissuade people from PvPing. Your other points are laughable.

    Bank expensive ****, gear can't drop, Tomb of Glory to raise durability back up. Jesus, you kids will whine about anything.

    The game is for fun. Don't have fun pvping? Don't do it. You shouldn't need to be "rewarded" for entertaining yourself by playing a game.The hours you kill should be reward enough. I don't pvp for drops, I pvp with my friends and have fun.

    You're all overly critical in the worst way. Shut the **** up.
  • pizzblack
    pizzblack Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Guess it goes back to everyone else have their own personal beliefs on a particular subject.

    PWE's failure to communicate and failure to compromise.

    But hell why should they?

    *bags suitcase and jets off*
    QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT

    There once was a BlackCard...~
  • spazarus
    spazarus Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    For the OP: I'm sorry this game wasn't tailor made to suit your likings, but that is no reason to start a massive ****-fest.

    My advice? Gtfo. Go to the forums of a game that you think has wonderful pvp and complain about them not having a homosexual oriented mini-game, or whatever you do with your free time.

    I'm sure I can speak for myself and the others who joined me in pvp today when I say we all had a good time. Very close and exciting battles, easy victories, going up against a large, overwhelming force. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Loads of different scenarios.




    Buuuut....I guess there's no getting through to someone who whines about pvp starting at 30.

    I mean really...how could anyone take you seriously lol? :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
  • mergul
    mergul Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    maybe put an NPC in town where guilds can deposit thier mails and if u wana fight u can chek thier anytime of day that way u just deposit guild war request and if another guild want some fun they chek the npc and the list of guilds that applied show so if u ready for a fight u can challenge em and then when each accept it ALL guild members say 20+ are invited to a battlefield area (auto teled) and u fight and such with a graveyard nearby maybe say king of the HIll and u have lyk 2v2 or 1v1 or such...........just for sum ideas..........
    i are returned!!! ty smashbros:)
  • mirrai
    mirrai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Or just make a huge instance where people can apply for a mass free for all fight.
    Where anyone can join anytime anywhere by applying on instance party.

    With 100% item drop chance if you killed.
    The instance may have option for party based pvp and where you will be ported is depend on your character level. :cool:
    Each kill will give you points depend on your victim lv and total power score.

    Killing higher level player (+5 your lv) will give you more points and very little points if you killing lower level (-5 your lv) character. No point given by killing player that 10 or more lower lv than you.

    You lost points if keep getting killed repeatedly. Spawn camper will instantly died and losing points when they attack a respawning player.
    Points may give you title, fabulous prizes, lower chance to drop item buff, clean your red name.

    Oh wait . . :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Average player age on FW currently
    (0 ~ 17)23,4% - (17~20)31,2% - (21~30)19,5% - (30~40)4,7% - (70+)0,8% - (unknown)20,3%
    There were over 64 thread asking FW download and date, Currently there 28 Guild available for you
    I haven't update the information above.
    If you are wondering how to access ignore list =http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist=
  • pandora007
    pandora007 Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    Because I can actually speak english I'm **** and open criticise a flawed system I'm whining? LOL such narrowmindedness. You should take a trip to suggested improvements section and have fun crucifying all those 'whiners' there. You do events daily and some weekly and expect to be compensated with XP, Gems or whatnot. So im assuming that all you can just do them for nothing because you think they are fun right? Ofcourse you can but if u don't you can 'GTFO'. Really I mean acting like a 12 year old about issues in a game speaks volumes of you as a person. /end whining:cool::D
  • Valtyr - Eyrda
    Valtyr - Eyrda Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    pandora007 wrote: »
    Because I can actually speak english I'm **** and open criticise a flawed system I'm whining? LOL such narrowmindedness. You should take a trip to suggested improvements section and have fun crucifying all those 'whiners' there. You do events daily and some weekly and expect to be compensated with XP, Gems or whatnot. So im assuming that all you can just do them for nothing because you think they are fun right? Ofcourse you can but if u don't you can 'GTFO'. Really I mean acting like a 12 year old about issues in a game speaks volumes of you as a person. /end whining:cool::D

    It's not like you're the only one who can speak English. Congratulation, Captain Grammatica! You've achieved something that only 510 million people worldwide have done before you! A winner is you and ok!

    You do events for the same reason you kill mobs, buy gear, PvP, etc. To have fun and pass time. For someone who speaks English you're not really good with this whole "entertainment" concept, are you?

    Myself and 2 friends did our daily quests yesterday so we could level up, then spent the rest of the day PvPing. Our final body count was over 50, we defeated vastly overwhelming forces, and then a TON more people showed up to ruin our day. It was a blast. Do you know what we lost? A total of 59 sweet milks and 5 gear durability each. Wow. Such a steeeeeeeeep penalty, am I right?

    We also gained a raw diamond from some unlucky kid. Sucks for him. Did anyone gain anything? Nope. Did the people involved have fun wrecking our ****? Hell yeah they did. And so did we.

    The problem with this game, as with most PWE games, is you and players like you. "NO FUN ONLY PK FOR MONEY RAARGHHHH." Seriously, it was just like this in PWI as well.

    Just shut up, take a step back, and do things for fun. It's the whole point of the game. Not +12ing your gear, not playing through a storyline(though both of these are components). The point of a GAME is to have FUN.

    Microwave edition: PvP starts at 30 because it lets noob learn game mechanics before being thrown into combat and people like you would prey on them otherwise.

    The penalties for RPKing in this game are laughable. Play PWI, or worse, Ultima Online if you want steep penalties.

    People WILL PvP. That's a constant fact of life. Give it time, people are still learning and populations are low.

    Finally, shut up. You're whining about something that you'll never change and frankly is fine as it is. And yes, you are whining. If you had made this topic without the bitchy title and actually supported your reasoning in the suggestion box, I wouldn't think you were such a moron.

    Also: you suck choad.:cool::D
  • spazarus
    spazarus Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    pandora007 wrote: »
    Because I can actually speak english I'm **** and open criticise a flawed system I'm whining? LOL such narrowmindedness. You should take a trip to suggested improvements section and have fun crucifying all those 'whiners' there. You do events daily and some weekly and expect to be compensated with XP, Gems or whatnot. So im assuming that all you can just do them for nothing because you think they are fun right? Ofcourse you can but if u don't you can 'GTFO'. Really I mean acting like a 12 year old about issues in a game speaks volumes of you as a person. /end whining:cool::D


    Ok english major. The only person here being "Narrow-minded" is yourself. Everything you post is negative, homosexually-charged drivel.

    Basicaly, yes. If you don't find something fun...why keep playing? Oh hey, I have an idea. Why don't you go design a game for yourself? I mean, you're obviously intelligent enough right?

    Oh wait...you're just some kid wanking off in a forum.

    Maybe MMO's aren't your thing. You could start a chapter over at Nintendo making some sort of new motion sensor **** for the Wii.


    /hurrdurr :):D:( :mad: :p:o:confused:;) :rolleyes: :cool: :eek:
  • SgtSlaughter - Lionheart
    SgtSlaughter - Lionheart Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I stopped reading when he said "my esteemed colleagues".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pandora007
    pandora007 Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    spazarus wrote: »
    Ok english major. The only person here being "Narrow-minded" is yourself. Everything you post is negative, homosexually-charged drivel.

    Basicaly, yes. If you don't find something fun...why keep playing? Oh hey, I have an idea. Why don't you go design a game for yourself? I mean, you're obviously intelligent enough right?

    Oh wait...you're just some kid wanking off in a forum.

    Maybe MMO's aren't your thing. You could start a chapter over at Nintendo making some sort of new motion sensor **** for the Wii.


    /hurrdurr :):D:( :mad: :p:o:confused:;) :rolleyes: :cool: :eek:

    LoL im sorry i insulted ur perfect game. I'm pretty sure I've played enough mmos to say something so i have if you dont like it so be it attacking me instead of attacking the argument is just pitiful. Obviously if im criticising the system there wont be much positive to take from it. In fact the only positive is that they even allow pvp, duels and GvG. That aside my points merely state improvements i have seen and experienced in other game and wondered why such were not included.

    If you all prefer to go off topic and whine and call me names be my guest. It just proves who the drama **** really are. My advice: if you cant add or discredit what I've said dont bother posting.:D:p
  • pandora007
    pandora007 Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    It's not like you're the only one who can speak English. Congratulation, Captain Grammatica! You've achieved something that only 510 million people worldwide have done before you! A winner is you and ok!

    You do events for the same reason you kill mobs, buy gear, PvP, etc. To have fun and pass time. For someone who speaks English you're not really good with this whole "entertainment" concept, are you?

    Myself and 2 friends did our daily quests yesterday so we could level up, then spent the rest of the day PvPing. Our final body count was over 50, we defeated vastly overwhelming forces, and then a TON more people showed up to ruin our day. It was a blast. Do you know what we lost? A total of 59 sweet milks and 5 gear durability each. Wow. Such a steeeeeeeeep penalty, am I right?

    We also gained a raw diamond from some unlucky kid. Sucks for him. Did anyone gain anything? Nope. Did the people involved have fun wrecking our ****? Hell yeah they did. And so did we.

    The problem with this game, as with most PWE games, is you and players like you. "NO FUN ONLY PK FOR MONEY RAARGHHHH." Seriously, it was just like this in PWI as well.

    Just shut up, take a step back, and do things for fun. It's the whole point of the game. Not +12ing your gear, not playing through a storyline(though both of these are components). The point of a GAME is to have FUN.

    Microwave edition: PvP starts at 30 because it lets noob learn game mechanics before being thrown into combat and people like you would prey on them otherwise.

    The penalties for RPKing in this game are laughable. Play PWI, or worse, Ultima Online if you want steep penalties.

    People WILL PvP. That's a constant fact of life. Give it time, people are still learning and populations are low.

    Finally, shut up. You're whining about something that you'll never change and frankly is fine as it is. And yes, you are whining. If you had made this topic without the bitchy title and actually supported your reasoning in the suggestion box, I wouldn't think you were such a moron.

    Also: you suck choad.:cool::D

    You are as misdirected as you have been from your first post. Let me clarify afew things for you. Firstly YOU began attacking words on a screne whom you couldnt possibly know anything about. The result of this is ofcourse YOU make yourself look like a spineless idiot who can't argue unless you stoop to insulting the maker of statements. If you want to win please just discredit what I said and leave it at that. Next as I've said, people at lvl 30 have NO MORE pvp knowledge to show for the 10 more levels the spend 'learning' the game. I put it to you now to show me that anyone spends lvl1-30 learning how to open pvp when open pvp begins at a certain lvl. Most first timers dont even know they need to activate wraith or that it even exists. The argument that lvl 30 gives people a chance to learn the game and pvp so they dont get preyed on is moot.

    I never said and thought I would be right on all points, I was merely stating my opinion as I saw it from experienced gathered. If you call that whining then there is no hope for you and all the others who use that excuse. There are countless people who accept and admit that the mechanics surrounding this game are not as fun as they would've liked and after you've done something 1000 times you wont find it fun either. Questing and Combat in this game is a bore. PvP by nature is fun, however as there are no incentives to PvP people like me who do it for the fun of it often find no competition. Incase you missed it that was the whole point. The flaws in the PvP system relate at their heart to an inability to make most people want to do it. People will go through the boredom of questing, gathering mats etc because there is a fitting end to all that. People will be less likely to seek pvp because of the reasons stated in the list.

    I don't know how you arrived at me wanting to pvp for the sake of earnings but something as simple as a kill count and a title would make Killing seem alot more meaningful. The inconveniences of red name, dropping gear and durability loss all seem good enough on the face of it but as you have just said you were able to easily avoid all of them almost completely. People who seriously want to pvp will do just what you did...escape the would be detterents. So tell me how a system that can be bypassed so easily be any good? I dont doubt you had fun and if you manage to find that on a continuous basis I applaud you but I'm sure others arent so lucky....I certainly am not.:p:D
  • thatguywithaname
    thatguywithaname Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Homophobia. The only way to prove your **** is bigger then the other guy's ****.
  • Mirilya - Storm Legion
    Mirilya - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This thread is full of varying degrees of mad and stupidity.
  • namestakenffs
    namestakenffs Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    pandora007 wrote: »
    Reasons: 1. There is no Race/Faction PvP system- while this does not make or break the Pvp in Mmos it does tend to provide an avenue through which the players seek to engage in battle due to the mere fact that they are opposing their rival race/faction. Even though there are different races, they are all marketted and advertised as coexisting with each other in peace and harmony. I know this is a PERFECT WORLD game but come on; there is no world without conflict.

    That's not a reason. RvR/faction is absolutely terrible and game-wrecking unless it's like Kabod's. (You can still trade/party with the criminals and they aren't obligated to kill you unless they FEEL LIKE IT and anyone can loot anyone's gear)

    So far L2 has the best PVP.
    2.No Rewards for PvP- Forsaken World offers no rewards at all for Pvping. Im not sure if guild wars give anything towards contribution/zeal/guild activity points etc since i have unfortunately never had the pleasure of partaking in one. This is ofcourse because noone sees the need to accept random guild war requests or even take the time to schedule some. Games like Allods Online and even my old time favourite Anarchy Online have far advanced Pvp systems which offer points for killing same lvl or higher lvled players. These points could be used to purchase special Pvp gear or other items that would make life abit easier. I do not understand how no thought was given to something so intrinsicly basic to any package that is going to marketed to Western Pvpers.
    Yes, I really wish there was a reward for PVP points, PK points, and winning guild wars (With a consolation reward for the loser so they ACCEPT THE FREAKING WAR).
    3. Silly PK penalties- Ok this is just ridiculous, I would expect this from a game made in the 90's or early 2nd millenium but not from a game as recent as Forsaken world. Killing a player your lvl eventually gives u a red name which you have to wait out for hours. This runs counter to the server labelled PVP as the people who want to PvP so badly they have to force it out of the PVE'ers get punished. I believe that instead there should be Open Pvp on all maps at anytime limited only by the few safe zones by warp points and LEVEL Restrictions. To draw a reference. In Anarchy Online players lvl 220 could not attack a lvl 20 or 50; he was simply barred from doing so due to his level in relation to that of his target. Would it have been so hard to implement something like this? 5/10 lvl bar each way of a person's level? Dropping unbound items is good and all but this can be easily avoided by simply depositing valuables. Anyone stupid enough to PK til they get a red name will eventually get smart enough to deposit anything he minds being lost due to death.
    What? you cant drop anything in this game. There is no real penalty in this game besides dura loss (lol). L2 was way better and you can drop everything in L2! And gear is worth much more!

    In fact I find this game's lack of exp loss on pvp deaths, and lack of risk to PK's, makes the pvp very unengaging and dull. When you die it's like "zzzz dont care oh well" unless you're unlucky enough to drop your cash shop pot.
    4. PK starts at lvl 30- Why? because you get a wraith skill at 30? Why 30 instead of 20? Why need a wraith skill at all? So persons can leak soulforce orbs? If thats the case then keep wraith or make the skill available at lvl 20. In there attempt to make this game have a totally new and innovative Pvp system they have effectively narrowed down the possiblities as it has become in 1v1, in most cases, the person who gets red hand first wins. Some choose to ignore orbs all together but eventually the ones who will win are the ones who become adept at collecting orbs..... I have played many games which threw you into the Deep End of the harshness of a Pvp inclined game by having open world pvp from the time u step out of your newb town. This did not affect these games, persons learnt how to pvp and how to pk as a must. There are 10 Realms you could always try your luck on another if you are getting ganked. As it is not much people are even Pking as they are more interesting in questing lvling etc so it makes for a very dull experience.
    Wrath is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.
    And lvl 30 helps prevent lowbies from being chased away before they learn the game.
    5. Lack of Pvp Modes- This is self evident. Duels, Pk @ lvl 30 and Guild Wars which are always turned down and also I think certain instances which are not instanced which have Open Pvp inside. Meh boring. Duels are Boring, PK is boring since any idiot can outrun you unless u gank his **** when he is killing an elite or minding his own business and as I have said but will still reitterate, Most Guilds are Spineless. There needs to be more channels through which people can pvp and be reward not only with pleasure but with something tangible.
    Welcome to pvp games. They're all like that.

    In L2 olympiad is mostly a joke, and many people will not flag back or will zerg.
    6. MR/Resistance- Lots of topics on this so i dont need to elaborate beyond that of saying it puts the power of the sword of omens in any person who uses their credit card. Certain guilds have already established themselves as being Heavy Spenders.
    The mastery and resistance utterly breaks the game and ruins it for people who don't spend at LEAST $1400 on the game. Needed re-said cause wanmei needs to learn a lesson they still haven't learned from PW.
  • Valtyr - Eyrda
    Valtyr - Eyrda Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    pandora007 wrote: »
    You are as misdirected as you have been from your first post. Let me clarify afew things for you. Firstly YOU began attacking words on a screne whom you couldnt possibly know anything about. The result of this is ofcourse YOU make yourself look like a spineless idiot who can't argue unless you stoop to insulting the maker of statements. If you want to win please just discredit what I said and leave it at that. Next as I've said, people at lvl 30 have NO MORE pvp knowledge to show for the 10 more levels the spend 'learning' the game. I put it to you now to show me that anyone spends lvl1-30 learning how to open pvp when open pvp begins at a certain lvl. Most first timers dont even know they need to activate wraith or that it even exists. The argument that lvl 30 gives people a chance to learn the game and pvp so they dont get preyed on is moot.

    I never said and thought I would be right on all points, I was merely stating my opinion as I saw it from experienced gathered. If you call that whining then there is no hope for you and all the others who use that excuse. There are countless people who accept and admit that the mechanics surrounding this game are not as fun as they would've liked and after you've done something 1000 times you wont find it fun either. Questing and Combat in this game is a bore. PvP by nature is fun, however as there are no incentives to PvP people like me who do it for the fun of it often find no competition. Incase you missed it that was the whole point. The flaws in the PvP system relate at their heart to an inability to make most people want to do it. People will go through the boredom of questing, gathering mats etc because there is a fitting end to all that. People will be less likely to seek pvp because of the reasons stated in the list.

    I don't know how you arrived at me wanting to pvp for the sake of earnings but something as simple as a kill count and a title would make Killing seem alot more meaningful. The inconveniences of red name, dropping gear and durability loss all seem good enough on the face of it but as you have just said you were able to easily avoid all of them almost completely. People who seriously want to pvp will do just what you did...escape the would be detterents. So tell me how a system that can be bypassed so easily be any good? I dont doubt you had fun and if you manage to find that on a continuous basis I applaud you but I'm sure others arent so lucky....I certainly am not.:p:D

    I still think you're ****. :D
This discussion has been closed.