Poll: Mob Aggro

2»

Comments

• Iryu - Storm Legion
    Iryu - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Mob aggro seems fine, and though having mobs back their own type seems like a great idea.. The fact you have to beat all of them down with those ridiculous HPs is something I rather not face. Can you imagine every mob in the LH coming after the party once you attack one of the pirates?

One thing I do wish to see a change is that the fact whenever a priest heals, whatever isn't whacked immediately goes after the priest. Its bit a of pain having to run around in circles while your party is busy trying to beat down another mob / Forgetting your being beaten to death by 3 mobs.
  • ylanday69
    ylanday69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i like how some mobs aggro n most dont, why should i be on everythings kos list? why should another nearby mob help its neighbor when being slaughtered? they bf n gf or something? sure some should help and most shouldnt but the aggro system already has that covered, if the nearby mob is an aggroable one then it will step in, others wont.
  • bunnypirates
    bunnypirates Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It's just fine, IMO. But what I would fix is that the mobs didn't aggro anymore when you're like 20 levels above their level. It's kinda annoying to get attacked by the low level aggro mobs when you're nearly 40... You can kill them with a hit or two, yeah, but still. It's annoying. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*CB1 player, herp-a-derp.*
    forsakenworldart.deviantart.comJOIN
    Retired; playing a game called life. O:
  • Leviath - Lionheart
    Leviath - Lionheart Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Mob aggro is pretty fine like it is but why the hell is priest ress not combat-available D:
    If someone dies during battle in instances at boss for example he/she cant be ressed, Priests may get aggro, anyone else gets aggro if tank dies and whole team wiped.
    In my eyes thats more a problem than random mob aggro, which is already fair enough.
  • nethapus
    nethapus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Imo, there should be some aggroable mob mixed into the crowd starting from like 20ish~30ish. It will give it a bit of a challenge to it rather than tab-attack-kills mob-tab-attack-....
  • Arcanus - Lionheart
    Arcanus - Lionheart Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I highly suggest that mob aggro is almost nothing in some areas, but heavy on others, so there should be somewhat of a warning when entering a highly aggro infested area when you enter it like "Warning, you have entered an area with multiple aggro mobs"

Despite this, I believe you should stop making polls about Aggros which could be implemented into a future update if enough people say to change it (too light or too heavy on the poll) I suggest making over 50 percent of the player population happy and more willing to use real money in this game. No idea what I'm talking about? Answer is simple. Implement another way to restore MP and or HP (Mainly MP, or maybe its just cause all classess I've focused on are MP burners) such as meditation or the free food system in BOI, which was VERY appreciated and extremely useful. People say the free food is horrible, but you know its not true, otherwise players wouldn't be going to get tons of free food daily almost first thing when they get onto the comp. :P Just a suggestion.

P.S. I've voted too heavy because of one area I remember aggro infested but I'd say its about right in most areas. And to those saying its unrealistic that mobs just watch one of their own killed with no reaction, well, you've got no idea what you're asking for. If the mobs had those kinds of feelings ingame this would be a godly MMORPG and extremely advanced, but also insanely hard. As soon as you attack a non aggro mob you'd die, after landing 1 or 2 hits, you'd die, cause too many mobs would aggro you for attacking one of their kind. Not even a full party of 6 people would be able to deal with that much aggro at same time all of a sudden. Well, maybe but not easily.
    Class: Mage
    Server: Lionheart
    Guild: Valor

Comments on class: In other games mages are PvP class. In this game we're AoE machines. Think there's somethin wrong there.....

Comments on guild: WE WILL BE NUMBA 1! >:O
  • Adol - Eyrda_1306640699
    Adol - Eyrda_1306640699 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    simply have the mobs use a skill with a 20% chance to call for help to increase mob agro.

Simple right?
  • viiix
    viiix Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    On one hand, gathering things for soul force is a pain in the butt. On the other, I can autopath without worrying about dying...

I said 'just right', because it's nice that new players and lower levels won't wander into the wrong area and die quickly, and AOEing is a challenge--which it should be.
  • th30ry
    th30ry Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    On to the next Poll!
    Does every skill ingame cost too much MP while your MP regen's too slow?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nancyca - Eyrda
    Nancyca - Eyrda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    At low lvls, no agro mobs, are ok, but 30+ the game is just too easy to play, it wouldn't hurt to have some ai in the mobs, like helping each other, cooperating, let's say i hit one and another one comes to help him :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arios - Lionheart
    Arios - Lionheart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If there is mob aggro, the respawn times need to be lengthened... I don't want to kill one and then be overrun by his friends that just respawned on top of me. :(
  • vampywiz21
    vampywiz21 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    At low lvls, no agro mobs, are ok, but 30+ the game is just too easy to play, it wouldn't hurt to have some ai in the mobs, like helping each other, cooperating, let's say i hit one and another one comes to help him :)

totally agree!
    The 30+ mobs need Aggro.
  • mirrai
    mirrai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Maybe give more patrolling mob, that goes attacking when she saw you killing her friends. :cool:

If you can't kill her quickly another one show up just like on fishkin vs fallen vampire quest. Probably max to 3 guard mob attacking you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Average player age on FW currently
    (0 ~ 17)23,4% - (17~20)31,2% - (21~30)19,5% - (30~40)4,7% - (70+)0,8% - (unknown)20,3%
    There were over 64 thread asking FW download and date, Currently there 28 Guild available for you
    I haven't update the information above.
    If you are wondering how to access ignore list =http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist=
  • Rix - Storm Legion
    Rix - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hmm..... Define what type of Aggro.

The amount of hostile monsters that will attack the player on sight, AKA the mobs with Hostility marks.

Or

The way the current monster aggression is on players/pets.

My guess is the first one, but I noticed, if my pet attacks something first, i can't for the life of me take aggro off it even when I do three times as much damage as the pet.

Anyway, the amount of hostile monsters is just fine. We already use up a lot of MP potions, no need to make us use up a lot of HP potions as well. x_x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I like Zebras.
  • Lyzern - Illyfue
    Lyzern - Illyfue Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    When a pet can hit the mob one time and get full aggro for indefinite time, something's wrong. This is making the game too easy, pets even get a Threat skill. Also, less aggro on Lv. 10 ratkins and more aggro on Lv. 30+ mobs.

About bosses, make it harder for a prot to tank, never seen a prot lose aggro, kinda sad, makes DDers feel bad imo
    Pure Support Bard Guide:

fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=171271

Vote for Flagging System/PvP Realms on PvE Servers:

fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=176141
  • friedfrenzy5
    friedfrenzy5 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I find it too light. Mobs don't aggro enough. I'm walking past all kinds of things. And when I do happen to catch aggro it is for a very short period of time.
  • Omegarequim - Storm Legion
    Omegarequim - Storm Legion Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    When a pet can hit the mob one time and get full aggro for indefinite time, something's wrong. This is making the game too easy, pets even get a Threat skill. Also, less aggro on Lv. 10 ratkins and more aggro on Lv. 30+ mobs.

About bosses, make it harder for a prot to tank, never seen a prot lose aggro, kinda sad, makes DDers feel bad imo
    If you've never seen a prot lose aggro to a DD (warrior in my case) then you have been in some pretty bad parties. Sorry to say but i think they need to crank up the threat tanks produce i usually end up taking aggro more often then the tank.
  • Bigwig - Storm Legion
    Bigwig - Storm Legion Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just Right...leave well enough alone.

Have a great Day!
  • Ginius - Illyfue
    Ginius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Pretty funny.. all those replies from ppl who haven't even played 2 maps and reach lvl 40 and already starts complaining.

In a game where you can lvl up to 30+ in ONLY one mere day, how could you expect to have tons of mobs aggroing you on lvl 30+.
    It's the same in most of the game, the mob you encounter in the first week of playing are usually stupid and not aggroing to allow ppl to get used to the game.

In the lvl 40 area, there are like 50% of the mobs auto aggroing you and I think they're gonna be smarter and generate more aggro in the later levels.

So ppl, QQing on forum when you haven"t even seen more than 2 maps of this game is a bit early imo :p

On topic:
    I think there are 2 cases this topic is referring too:

1) When you attack a mob with your pet first as a tank.
    Before I got a pet skill generating aggro, I was always stealing aggro from my pet, but now if I let it hit 2,3 times, it's just fine.

2) IN party, I (elemental warrior) usually end up stealing the aggro most of the time (it's ok I do it only if I'm able to tank it, otherwise I just have to die, it's my fault), but with a protector my level, and same gears, if he's using all his taunt skills and focus, he can keep aggro.

The aggro seems to change from one boss to another sometimes, maybe their resistance are not all the same, some can have more earth or wind defense for exemple, dunno about that for sure tho..

So basically, pet can tank fine and protector can keep aggro from the most efficient dps build at my current level (elemental WR lvl 41), so I would say that so far the aggro is just fine. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • crabclaw
    crabclaw Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Alright everyone, thanks for all the feedback :)

Closing this poll now.

(Looks like the prevailing sentiment is that the mob aggro feels just right. With less than half the #1 choice, "too light" is in 2nd place.)
This discussion has been closed.