i dont meen to be a pest but...

drnapster1
drnapster1 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Suggestion Box
i know i am probably going to get some hate for this but i kinda need to say it. i have some strong moral issues with all the pentagrams in game i know to most people this is not a big deal but it is to me im not asking you to change the game but if you could make a version with a symbol that is not the mark of the devil and make it an option that you can select in settings please??? i do love the game but this is hard for me to swallow

thank you for your time
Post edited by drnapster1 on

Comments

• drakenfyre
    drakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    edited March 2011
    pentagrams are not the mark of the devil :rolleyes:

Pentagrams were used symbolically in ancient Greece and Babylonia, and are used today as a symbol of faith by many Wiccans, akin to the use of the cross by Christians and the Star of David by Jews. The pentagram has magical associations, and many people who practice Neopagan faiths wear jewelry incorporating the symbol. Christians once more commonly used the pentagram to represent the five wounds of Jesus. The pentagram has associations with Freemasonryand is also utilized by a number of other belief systems.
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • rev
    rev Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I personally would feel a lot better if the star had the point facing up. To many people the 'pentagram' of the devil is when the star is upside down, as it is in this game.
    "Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Harvey Dent - The Dark Knight

Phase 1 Dungeon Design Contest Winner!
    Entry: Hall of Forsaken Souls, Twas fun to design.
  • drnapster1
    drnapster1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i am not trying to start a debate and i am aware of it former association with Christianity but i would like to point out that many people consider Wicca to be a form of devil worship but it also was taken as a symbol for full blown devil worship and when it was a christian symbol it was 3 points up 2 down when other forms were used they turned it upside down to represent the 2 points up to be the horns of the beast and the the down to reject the trinity

i guess what i am saying is that there should be an option to remove a symbol that has so much controversy attached to it

i really dont want to cause problems about this but for many people the symbol is literally an attack on their faith (like i is to mine) i would be happy if all they did was flip it over so it is in its original form with the 3 points up and 2 down that would keep the symbol but make it unoffensive (but i think a complete change would be best so that the issue could be avoided altogether)

i know this is no big deal to most people but i also know there is a very large group of people in many christian denominations who will boycott the game because of that symbol and the anti christian meaning attached to it and i think it would be a smart move even from a business standpoint

i will keep playing i can ignore it but i also cant recommend the game to many friends because of a symbol that is an attack on there faith i was just at a christian retreat with nearly 1000 kids and i wanted to tell them about this awesome game but could not because 90% of them would be offended

i just think it would be better to try to make the game fitting for as many people as possible
  • UltimaHealer - Lionheart
    UltimaHealer - Lionheart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    looooooooooooooooooooooooooool

This Reminds Me Of MW2 And Everyone Getting Mad Over The Digital Killing Of Civilians, Good Times~
  • mirrai
    mirrai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sorry, but i never really understand the offensive feeling of seeing certain symbol . . :(
    It's just a symbol . . what really mater is ourselves now right . . ?
    Since it was from past . . :confused:

I know some symbol is appear on human butchering histories.
    Even some rules that forbid the usage of the symbol still exist on my country.
    Tough it said there lots hidden plot on the said tragedy.

But they were part of the past .. and i think FW want to use the lore as part of the game ?
    I have seen lots case like these . . especially when the game has detailed dark side.
    People offended easily ?

There a lot more things that ignored by our eyes and ear out there anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Average player age on FW currently
    (0 ~ 17)23,4% - (17~20)31,2% - (21~30)19,5% - (30~40)4,7% - (70+)0,8% - (unknown)20,3%
    There were over 64 thread asking FW download and date, Currently there 28 Guild available for you
    I haven't update the information above.
    If you are wondering how to access ignore list =http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist=
  • purpleviolin
    purpleviolin Posts: 7
    edited March 2011
    And a backwards Swastika is a Buddhist symbol, whats your point?

This is a Chinese game, they dont care about religious iconography.

If a symbol is an attack on your faith(which its not, its a symbol you personally have an issue with), you shouldnt be playing mmos. =/ Just because the desk clerk at a hotel is Hindu, it doesnt mean you will burn in hell if you stay there. The internet/media is global, you can accept differences while still being one with your faith of choice.
  • mydarkestdays
    mydarkestdays Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Lols, funny stuff ^^
    Its a MMO game, its meant to be from "back then" not in the future, back then there was witch craft, etc. This is proper to have all these symbols.. it kinda suits the game..
  • namestakenffs
    namestakenffs Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If killing civillians in MW2 or symbols/other imagery in games bother you, you are Emo.
  • scouten92
    scouten92 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ok lets stop talking about mythical creatures here everyone knows the pentagram stands for 5 elements of magic fire, water, wind, earth and spirit
  • manajuana
    manajuana Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    lol

mt-1.gif
  • temby
    temby Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    drnapster1 wrote: »
    i am not trying to start a debate and i am aware of it former association with Christianity but i would like to point out that many people consider Wicca to be a form of devil worship but it also was taken as a symbol for full blown devil worship and when it was a christian symbol it was 3 points up 2 down when other forms were used they turned it upside down to represent the 2 points up to be the horns of the beast and the the down to reject the trinity

i guess what i am saying is that there should be an option to remove a symbol that has so much controversy attached to it

i really dont want to cause problems about this but for many people the symbol is literally an attack on their faith (like i is to mine) i would be happy if all they did was flip it over so it is in its original form with the 3 points up and 2 down that would keep the symbol but make it unoffensive (but i think a complete change would be best so that the issue could be avoided altogether)

i know this is no big deal to most people but i also know there is a very large group of people in many christian denominations who will boycott the game because of that symbol and the anti christian meaning attached to it and i think it would be a smart move even from a business standpoint

i will keep playing i can ignore it but i also cant recommend the game to many friends because of a symbol that is an attack on there faith i was just at a christian retreat with nearly 1000 kids and i wanted to tell them about this awesome game but could not because 90% of them would be offended

i just think it would be better to try to make the game fitting for as many people as possible

There we go again the We have more followers so u should listen to us, glad to be Atheist
    Guild: Phoenix
  • deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Closing this.

cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

[ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
This discussion has been closed.