Light Bards or Bards in general: Single target heal?? :o

puremystical
puremystical Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Bard Discussion
I know they have a self blessing heal called solo of light but I was hoping if any1 has info if bards will get a single-target heal? I would like to heal my pet from time to time and people in my party. I think it is a balance to keep priests useful but um I really want it :3 what do you think? Will it make them OP? Aoe and self heal is enough? Please give your feedback~!

Hadelyn
Game name: Puremystic
Guild: Immortals
Class: Bard (Light) <3
Post edited by puremystical on

Comments

• deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I want a single heal as well but at the moment I don't think Bards get any even as a Light build. Maybe a small single-target heal over time or something.

cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

[ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • thompsonn
    thompsonn Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Instead of a solo heal, they should make our AoE heal/buffs affect pets as well. Afterall, didn't they say that there is a large emphasis on pets in this game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Buttons - 50 Bard
  • deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    thompsonn wrote: »
    Instead of a solo heal, they should make our AoE heal/buffs affect pets as well. Afterall, didn't they say that there is a large emphasis on pets in this game?
    I like this idea.

cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

[ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • thompsonn
    edited January 2011
    Go Bunny, go ! Argue for our sake !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Buttons - 50 Bard
  • puremystical
    puremystical Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Aoe and buffs that effect pet would be super nice~! But I would still like a single target heal to have that freedom. Oh maybe even a PWI Ironheart kinda heal?! That would make the bard overtop. Or make solo of light free target :D Whichever is easier for the devs ^-^
  • chaosheart27
    chaosheart27 Posts: 1,233 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I think a single target heal would be severely un-necessary. Yes, it would be nice, but that is what a priest is for. Priests don't get the buffs/cleanse that bards do and we don't get single target heal. It works well this way imho. I would like the aoe heal to include pets tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art done by Apple, Sig by Neoyoshi *Much ♥*

My ♥ Belongs to Forseti.
    Honor has not to be won; it must only not be lost.
    *Playing since Phase 1/Day 1*
  • fivestarfreddie
    fivestarfreddie Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I think a single target heal would be severely un-necessary. Yes, it would be nice, but that is what a priest is for. Priests don't get the buffs/cleanse that bards do and we don't get single target heal. It works well this way imho. I would like the aoe heal to include pets tho.

I totally agree, a bard is a flash buffer, I am not sure if added +heal would be added help, might be an idea, but I have 1 water and 1 light/wind hybrid, i dig the water bard, allot of critical hits!

My light/wind bard is better help in the instances, forgot to mention that too.

Again, I don't think giving them a direct heal would be good, I would rather they add a confusion song, like sleep, makes all the skills backwards. a Bard is a chanter! Confusion, flash heal, song of paralyzing, song of silence, song of the charmed (where you take control of plyer for 10 seconds) this is what a bard does! and more! A song of life too, where if you chant your enemy! with every strike he gives you life instead of death. What do you fellow bards think?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • celic
    celic Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I totally agree, a bard is a flash buffer, I am not sure if added +heal would be added help, might be an idea, but I have 1 water and 1 light/wind hybrid, i dig the water bard, allot of critical hits!

My light/wind bard is better help in the instances, forgot to mention that too.

Again, I don't think giving them a direct heal would be good, I would rather they add a confusion song, like sleep, makes all the skills backwards. a Bard is a chanter! Confusion, flash heal, song of paralyzing, song of silence, song of the charmed (where you take control of plyer for 10 seconds) this is what a bard does! and more! A song of life too, where if you chant your enemy! with every strike he gives you life instead of death. What do you fellow bards think?
    your last idea seems really good , not only good its awsome!
    ign: eredin ;)
  • thompsonn
    edited February 2011
    OP is OP

A Bard is fine as it is. The only thing missing is a "OHCRAP" skill, like Rocky/Priest AoE heal
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Buttons - 50 Bard
  • infernoemperor12
    infernoemperor12 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I dont see the harm in giving bards single target seeing as they are flagged as healers at lvl 30. so why not give them single target heal
    Server - PvE Strom
    MysticSound - Lvl 30 Elf Bard
    MysticBlood - Lvl 17 Kindred Vampire
    MysticFire - Lvl 15 Human Mage
  • eaoode
    eaoode Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Bards already have uber buffs and an aoe heal. Along with some damage. If they get a single target heal then priests would be obsolete. Be happy with what the bard has. Its amazing imo.
  • zyaph
    zyaph Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I'd be happy with just letting out AoE heal heal pets as well.. and maybe letting our light mastery increase our healing ability? :<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Race: Elf
    Class: Bard
    Guild: Phoenix

[Check out the "Phoenix" guild thread]
  • ussichu
    ussichu Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If bard's AoE heal would affect pets, i would actually keep it out on bosses..

and love bards more than i already do :D
  • neza991
    neza991 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Honestly I don't think bards have a need for single target heals, However I would also like it if their AoE heal would also affect pets because it does get a little annoying having your pet die on a boss >.<
  • stupooo
    stupooo Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I am not sure if pets understand our music?
  • sunrunner9
    sunrunner9 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    stupooo wrote: »
    I am not sure if pets understand our music?

Given that our pets are poorly written/executed sub-routines running both client- and server-side ... no, I do not believe they do. They don't understand anything else, so why would they be able to understand this?

Likely, neither do most of our fellow players. Does this mean the magical effect of the 'songs' shouldn't affect them either?
  • CheshireCat - Eyrda
    CheshireCat - Eyrda Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    neza991 wrote: »
    Honestly I don't think bards have a need for single target heals, However I would also like it if their AoE heal would also affect pets because it does get a little annoying having your pet die on a boss >.<

..pet pots?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    put your guns away, it's tea time.
    IGN ; CheshireCat
  • Kunal - Eyrda
    Kunal - Eyrda Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    deathbunny wrote: »
    I want a single heal as well but at the moment I don't think Bards get any even as a Light build. Maybe a small single-target heal over time or something.

Just curious, don't we get a single target DoT heal at 55? Hymn of Baptism?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cloudsong - Eyrda
    Cloudsong - Eyrda Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just curious, don't we get a single target DoT heal at 55? Hymn of Baptism?

no that hymn is a party group heal over time lol only thing they need to change... get the pets included in the aoe heal =.='