Game runs terrible.

neversober09
neversober09 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Technical Support Zone
Any way to get this game to run smooth ?

I have a very new PC that can play the latest games with NO issues.

But FW just runs horribly.

My Specs are:

Quad Core
4gbs of memory
Win 7 ultimate 64 bit
Nvidia GTX 480
Nvidia GTX 260
Post edited by neversober09 on

Comments

• apply1
    apply1 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    u having "frame to frame" lag or issues with talking to NPC's takes time etc?
  • neversober09
    edited March 2011
    apply1 wrote: »
    u having "frame to frame" lag or issues with talking to NPC's takes time etc?

Graphic Lag
    Have to turn the game down to minimum to get it to run smoothly.
  • apply1
    edited March 2011
    Try updating your graphic card, i have a lil over the avarage computer and i never get graphic lags, only terrible connection lags.
  • neversober09
    edited March 2011
    Try updating your graphic card, i have a lil over the avarage computer and i never get graphic lags, only terrible connection lags.

LOL I hope you are joking.

I am running a GTX 480 and a GTX 260

the 480 is not old
  • apply1
    edited March 2011
    where exactly in my post, you saw me saying you have worst card than mine\old card?
    i said update the drivers for your graphic card, that might be the issue.
  • BryanFury - Eyrda
    BryanFury - Eyrda Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Software settings and Game settings are two different things. Try out to put to max performance the software settings(=graphic card software) and check out how the game run.

i do have a crossfireX with ati HD 4870 and on my cards settings i have the max performance settings then ingame i do have the medium settings (i personally find usless the graphic appearence in games like that where the load speed have priority).
  • neversober09
    edited March 2011
    where exactly in my post, you saw me saying you have worst card than mine\old card?
    i said update the drivers for your graphic card, that might be the issue.

You wrote..

"Try updating your graphic card"
  • apply1
    edited March 2011
    as in updating a driver, or i would say, buy a new graphic card
  • ProLogic - Eyrda
    ProLogic - Eyrda Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Updating the drivers won't solve anything. The engine that runs on this game is absolute garbage, so you're not alone in poor performance. I've played this game on an 8800GTS, ATI 4870, and 5870 and there's little to no fps difference. The game is obviously CPU-bottlenecked as others have said. We just have to deal with it I guess. I suggest you disable shadows and water effects, while it sucks to have to do so (and inexcusable with such powerful cards), you'll see much better performance.
  • piorewrzece
    piorewrzece Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Conclusion - This is the worst written game we have ever met. I played a lot of mmorpg and I have a comparison. After so long closed beat testing is a scandal. As for me, deserves to be called the worst game of the year as well as technical assistance
  • warpet
    warpet Posts: 2,128 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i have all grafic setings in game at max only rezolution at 1100X800 there is no lag even at over populatet areas i think yours problem is windows
  • neversober09
    edited March 2011
    I am going to try and tweak it as best I can, I really do want to give this game a good try before I put it up on the MMO Fail Shelf.
  • suntzuu
    suntzuu Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    warpet wrote: »
    i have all grafic setings in game at max only rezolution at 1100X800 there is no lag even at over populatet areas i think yours problem is windows

******** dude,Either way you dont know what lag is,or you lag in all your games so you dont care or notice the difference anymore.Download fraps and watch your fps.This game is BADLY written,VERY badly.Ive done several tests in different areas tinkering with the settings,and the Terrain - Water - Shadow options are messed up and either of these 3 settings will make your game lag like ****,disable them and your fine,enable any of those at highest settings and watch your fps fall with 75% or more,dont say there is no lag because your full of it man.
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    warpet wrote: »

At that resolution you might not experience lag. But switch to 1600X900 and you will surely see lag.
    I can run the game fine in max settings when there are just a few mobs around me. But if another player comes close it becomes unplayable, I have to turn off refraction and shadows and bring distance to half. In Freedom Harbor I just tick the "lite graphics" option, it can run with a bit higher settings but I can't keep changing settings manually each time I go there or leave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • klath
    klath Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Im playing the game on a computer with an integrated Intel video card (128mb ram), at lowest settings, the game runs smoother than baby butt.

You should check your graphic cards settings.
  • namestakenffs
    namestakenffs Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    klath wrote: »
    Im playing the game on a computer with an integrated Intel video card (128mb ram), at lowest settings, the game runs smoother than baby butt.

You don't know what you're talking about. I get no change in FPS even if I force 8x AA/AF.
    There is also no difference in fps between 1600x1200 and lower res for me. Res = GPU stress.

The game is cpu-limited and written badly
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    klath wrote: »

No one has problems with lowest settings, it is the high settings that are inexplicably demanding on pc performance. When just ticking shadows on brings your framerate 50%+ down, there is a problem. When people complain how they have to turn settings off when their PCs can run games like Crisis on max settings, there is an even bigger problem.
    It is not an issue of whether your graphics card is underperforming or not. Basicly, the problem is that Angelica engine doesn't support multi-core processors... so unless you have one such in your computer, you should see performance that that is exactly what you should expect from your pc spec. But if you had, say, a Core i7, it would only work with 1 out of 4 cores. You can expect what would happen to the performance...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skippy
    skippy Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    To add to the CPU-intensive topic: Graphics settings that every other game uses the graphics card to render are instead using only the CPU (water, refraction, shadows, spell effects). This is why your CPU usage will spike massively, while your graphics card just lounges around on the couch.
  • marcintes
    marcintes Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
    AMD Phenom II X4 3.0ghz
    ATI Radeon HD6850
    4gig dual channel ram DDR3 1333mhz

i also experience this framing issue with this forsaken world (indeed its really a forsaken world).

my solution.

1. uninstall the game.
    2. buy a game thats worth paying for. like me i bought COD black ops.
    3. runs well with my HD6850 card.
    4. smile
  • adsfasdasdas
    adsfasdasdas Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Any way to get this game to run smooth ?

I have a very new PC that can play the latest games with NO issues.

But FW just runs horribly.

My Specs are:

Quad Core
    4gbs of memory
    Win 7 ultimate 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX 480
    Nvidia GTX 260

Nvidia GTX 480 is one of the most advanced graphics cards on the market. My graphics card (Nvidia GT 320) is also 1GB and I can run this game on mostly maxed out settings except for the water effect