Thoughts on FW?

sakone541
sakone541 Posts: 4 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
Discussion Thread

Before I start talking about my experience with FW Ive gotta say Ive only reached around lvl 23 (updated lvl) so don't flame me,... well you can idc really O.o

so far im not liking the game...I'm around lvl 13 and (questing while watching TV most of the time so i get distracted quite a bit) but there are so many quests in the main town right when u start its frustrating and from my point of view can be both good and bad. Ex- little kids get frustrated with how long it takes and quits

it took me like an hour to finish all of them (not including Henry's chain cause I'm lazy) but I've got to say, the auto walk to every npc and mob makes it incredibly boring and well i know if i don't use it I'll just fall behind in lvls and if i fall behind well there is no way for me to pvp anytime soon/ become a god huh? ;D

From what I've heard money is **** and you can't earn much without using the cs, knowing a majority of these people think that, this tells me that the game has a high chance of dieing from the first couple months due to frustration of getting good gear and/or money...ect)

so people who say at lvl 30 it gets hard to lvl but if that is true and it does gets hard then urr, your gonna be spending most of your time doing quests that are practically automatic/ takes very little attention with addition of grinding the instances, sounds like the only fun or/and hard part is gonna be the (maybe) instances and the pvp

Now seeing how dependent this game is already on the first/2nd day its gonna be plain horrible pvp since its gonna be stacked for the cs users. Meaning not gonna be to fun unless u get lucky with drops/ world bosses that you can get rich off that or you know cs.

Graphics are pretty good, Questing and playing from the beginning is typical mmo but they made it insanely boring from the start due to no learning curve required at all (learning the map where npcs are) due to almost full automation, and the fact that the game gives a heavy advantage to cs users in making gold which leads to heavy advantage in gear also.

So far from my experiences and what I've heard this game will die in couple months despite how creative they went with some of the pvp options, and with the auto pathing while some kids may like it, more of the hardcore gamers will find it boring to just afk until u get there kill a couple mobs then afk again to turn in quest...

I'll prob end up playing to lvl 30-50 and see how stack the pvp is for cs users...ect and quit if its just super bad
Post edited by sakone541 on

Comments

• namestakenffs
    namestakenffs Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm not going to even make it to level 30 if they don't delete at least 8 channels on Eyrda.
  • sakone541
    edited March 2011
    I'm not going to even make it to level 30 if they don't delete at least 8 channels on Eyrda.

They aren't gonna be able to have that many channels if they want the pvp to work...its gonna make things unbalanced when it comes to raiding
  • namestakenffs
    edited March 2011
    sakone541 wrote: »
    They aren't gonna be able to have that many channels if they want the pvp to work...its gonna make things unbalanced when it comes to raiding

My point exactly. There is way too many channels. I and many others said this before and PWE outright ignored us. They lied and said they'd reduce the channels if there wasn't a lot people at the start.

For EYRDA as i cant speak for others -
    1 channel = perfect
    2 channels (1 + trade) = tolerable
    3+ = WAY TOO MANY
  • sakone541
    edited March 2011
    My point exactly. There is way too many channels. I and many others said this before and PWE outright ignored us. They lied and said they'd reduce the channels if there wasn't a lot people at the start.

For EYRDA as i cant speak for others -
    1 channel = perfect
    2 channels (1 + trade) = tolerable
    3+ = WAY TOO MANY

they also lied about this game not being cs dependent...it is
  • gustavomesquita
    gustavomesquita Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ive only reached around lvl 13

I stopped reading your commentary from here.

And the major issue, imo, Is how badly optimized this game Is.

Rest Is just your ordinary MMORPG.

And lulz @ whining about gold being restricted to CS'ers. I haven't spend a dime and I'm with 10 gold atm.
    [Add smth cool here]
  • namestakenffs
    edited March 2011

The game's crappy engine is nowhere near as rage-quit-inducing as a dead PVP server.
    but it is definitely a reason to rage quit.
  • GustavoM - Eyrda
    GustavoM - Eyrda Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The game's crappy engine is nowhere near as rage-quit-inducing as a dead PVP server.

I got an answer regarding this game engine issue, and the channel ones: "It's one helping another: to avoid lag.".

Not like proper massive PvP was possible for starters.
    Signature has been removed for innappropriate content towards crabclaw.
  • sakone541
    edited March 2011

Rest Is just your ordinary MMORPG.

And lulz @ whining about gold being restricted to CS'ers. I haven't spend a dime and I'm with 10 gold atm.

so tell me how muhc is 10g worth? probably like 2 decent gear pieces that will last u only a couple of days? also if u stopped reading how would u know that i commented on that
  • GustavoM - Eyrda
    GustavoM - Eyrda Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    so tell me how muhc is 10g worth? probably like 2 decent gear pieces

Open Beta has started yesterday, and my point was that Is, indeed, easy to obtain soul coins, coins, any shi- you can imagine.
    Also, I /facepalm'd.
    Signature has been removed for innappropriate content towards crabclaw.
This discussion has been closed.