the mastery training.......

anubis29
anubis29 Posts: 3 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
well as Nubby was trolling forums due to boredom i read some things about increasing your stats/resist/elemental mastery...

while Nubby's troll powers are good, i can't seem to find a graph/grid type thing to look upon to see for myself what the big deal is.
Post edited by anubis29 on

Comments

• xephona
    xephona Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    There is no real graph/grid, the specifics are unknown.

Basic details are as follows, at level 40 you can increase your mastery (elemental damage) and resistance (elemental resistance)

The mastery is the main issue that I saw while in beta, though I never tried resistance.

Lets use my MM as an example. At 110% Mastery, my rake did about 200 damage per second, every level mastery you get, boosts your mastery by 10% I believe. And we are unsure about how the mastery EXACTLY affects damage, but for simplicity. Lets compare to redhands

Redhands basically DOUBLES your damage output... so that brings up to 400 damage per second. And I believe, level 100 mastery was equal to DOUBLE your redhands damage. So that brings to 800 damage. If you add redhands on top of the 100 mastery, you get 1600 damage per second.

1600 damage PER SECOND, on a level 40 MM, with level ONE rake of fire... is instant death for ANY character that crosses your path.

And anyone with enough money... can just **** the server, because it takes no skill to achieve the mastery training.
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=76401
  • anubis29
    edited March 2011
    10% added damage seems nice per lvl raised. i wonder what % the resist brings to it
  • darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Someone i know did some testing on mastery, and it was only around a 1% increase per 10 mastery. The amount of mastery you get per level learned increases the higher you go, starting at 4 per mastery lvl learnt, then going to 6 after 20 mastery learned etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • anubis29
    edited March 2011
    Someone i know did some testing on mastery, and it was only around a 1% increase per 10 mastery. The amount of mastery you get per level learned increases the higher you go, starting at 4 per mastery lvl learnt, then going to 6 after 20 mastery learned etc.

ok im starting to understand it now thanks
This discussion has been closed.