Will you roll a mage again after CB?

abnermatheus
abnermatheus Posts: 18 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Mage Discussion
Yes? No? Why? What did you like and unlike on mage?
I, personally, will. I loved his versatibility and true capacity of AoE spamming skills. Unliked, obvially, his low survability and high mana coust (what I know is a global trouble).
Post edited by abnermatheus on

Comments

  • wertoret
    wertoret Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    the outifts were not elegant enough, switched to vampire
    "lol" - Anonymous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ursumtl
    ursumtl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I wouldn't play this game again if someone would pay me to do it.
  • wertoret
    wertoret Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ursumtl wrote: »
    I wouldn't play this game again if someone would pay me to do it.

    and if they didn't pay you? would you play it?

    anyways bai your leaving won't have big impact.
    "lol" - Anonymous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drakenfyre
    drakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    edited March 2011
    I plan on re-rolling a mage once the game hits OB, I've always played a mgae class (when there is one)
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • monimad
    monimad Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I wont , i didnt like the robes rofl . But seriously i didnt find it as entertaining as i thought it would be x.x

    So re-roll for Ob it is xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 鹦鹉
    CB Phase 2 Skill Contest Winner
    Beware of the "Phoenix Call"
  • ursumtl
    ursumtl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    wertoret wrote: »
    and if they didn't pay you? would you play it?

    anyways bai your leaving won't have big impact.

    nope, it won't. But I usualy made an impact in the MMOs/Classes I played. FW is a game for rich ppl with no life.

    I can't and won't play a game that tells me when I can and when I cannot enter a vital instance for either drops or XP. I won't play a game where instances that you're allowed in a limited number of times a day are also restricted to specific hours and rewards from those instances can make the difference between making you count in the game or just fooling around killing time.
    I want to be able to play a game from 5 to 8 AM or from 11pm to 1am. I refuse to schedule my life around a game instance timings. That's the most stupid and **** concept I ever met in any MMO.

    So yeah, FW won't miss me, I won't miss FW. You go ahead invest time in it, you'll see later on if I was right or wrong.
  • sesheenku
    sesheenku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ursumtl wrote: »
    nope, it won't. But I usualy made an impact in the MMOs/Classes I played. FW is a game for rich ppl with no life.

    I can't and won't play a game that tells me when I can and when I cannot enter a vital instance for either drops or XP. I won't play a game where instances that you're allowed in a limited number of times a day are also restricted to specific hours and rewards from those instances can make the difference between making you count in the game or just fooling around killing time.
    I want to be able to play a game from 5 to 8 AM or from 11pm to 1am. I refuse to schedule my life around a game instance timings. That's the most stupid and **** concept I ever met in any MMO.

    So yeah, FW won't miss me, I won't miss FW. You go ahead invest time in it, you'll see later on if I was right or wrong.

    I hate timed instances too tbh, most of the time I don't do them cause i don't want to do it when the game opens it up but most of the players here won't care they're used to PW's games and their crazy yet successful concepts.
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15047437000&dateline=1290559725[/SIGPIC]
    Made by me ;D

    -> I'm no longer in that guild but I'm a bit lazy to change my sig which I made anyways.
  • ursumtl
    ursumtl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i played PWI for a really, really long time.
    FW is nothing like it. Don't get me wrong, it has some really really nice concepts and improvements over PWI, but there are so many conceptual things wrong with this game is not even funny.
    Try to go endgame and compete in either PvP or guildwars, see if you can make something happen if you play 3-4 random hours/day and not plan your life around this game.
    Plus, the costs of items in cash shop is just insane. Equivalent of a 25$ for a charm? really?
  • tony89jl
    tony89jl Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    hell yes i will! bottom line is that mage is a fun class to play, mostly due to the ability to aoe like crazy. for pve, they are extremely fun to play in instances like god's trial and fort khoaway. for pvp, there is great potential for mages to be a large influence in mass pvp. there isn't much that i don't like about mage, mana consumption can be an annoyance but it's a price i'll gladly pay for being able to use it for multiple purposes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • terrorian
    terrorian Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ursumtl wrote: »
    I can't and won't play a game that tells me when I can and when I cannot enter a vital instance for either drops or XP. I won't play a game where instances that you're allowed in a limited number of times a day are also restricted to specific hours and rewards from those instances can make the difference between making you count in the game or just fooling around killing time.
    I want to be able to play a game from 5 to 8 AM or from 11pm to 1am. I refuse to schedule my life around a game instance timings. That's the most stupid and **** concept I ever met in any MMO.

    So yeah, FW won't miss me, I won't miss FW. You go ahead invest time in it, you'll see later on if I was right or wrong.

    Ok i hate this kind of instances too but on the other side these kinds of intsances have a bit of fair.

    And why i say fair? Player X have no occupation,no school,no work, have 24/24 time for playing.Player Y working 10 hours/day and have just 4 hours to play...if Player X start spamming dungeon all day and night he will get uber full set in 1 month(for example).
    For player Y is a little hard since he haven so much time of playing he will get same uber set like player X in 6 months maybe more.
    So this kinds of instances balance players opportunities to get lvl/items.
    But most important thing...MOST IMPORTANT.. is cause this game system with this instances, help you to not become a NO LIFER...I consider most of no life players spend their time spamming dungeons or grinding and since grinding dont give you so much exp you will need to do daily quests and instances.

    hope sombody understand my point.

    EDIT:

    On topic:

    yes i re-roll mage..fun,adrenaline,tactics, mage is for skilled players.. if you played a melee and change to mage..you will find mage so weak...but if you play a mage and after change to melle (warrior for example) you will find this boring...you will miss MHA ( Mage Hardcore Action).
  • ssilen
    ssilen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ursumtl wrote: »
    Plus, the costs of items in cash shop is just insane. Equivalent of a 25$ for a charm? really?

    It's 2.50$. Good math bro.

    Also, considering the **** they have in the PWI boutique, I'd say that FW is in better shape atm. But I really can't predict how fast they will pack the CS full of OP gear...
  • ursumtl
    ursumtl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ssilen wrote: »
    It's 2.50$. Good math bro.

    Also, considering the **** they have in the PWI boutique, I'd say that FW is in better shape atm. But I really can't predict how fast they will pack the CS full of OP gear...

    what's the zen/leafs conversion rate again? I might have got some wrong info, but that's just a small drop in the ocean.

    terrorian wrote: »
    Ok i hate this kind of instances too but on the other side these kinds of intsances have a bit of fair.

    And why i say fair? Player X have no occupation,no school,no work, have 24/24 time for playing.Player Y working 10 hours/day and have just 4 hours to play...if Player X start spamming dungeon all day and night he will get uber full set in 1 month(for example).
    For player Y is a little hard since he haven so much time of playing he will get same uber set like player X in 6 months maybe more.
    So this kinds of instances balance players opportunities to get lvl/items.
    But most important thing...MOST IMPORTANT.. is cause this game system with this instances, help you to not become a NO LIFER...I consider most of no life players spend their time spamming dungeons or grinding and since grinding dont give you so much exp you will need to do daily quests and instances.

    Well, I see the limit on how many times you can run an instance having a good impact in leveling the playing field. But by timed instances I didn't mean that I don't like being able to run just 3 times/day a certain instance. Not at all, that's a good thing for the very reasons you explained above.

    The problem is the time schedule of those instances.
    Lets take something simple as Fishing contest. 7-8 AM, 4-5PM, 10-11PM? Did I missed one around noon? maybe.
    Anyway, at 7am I'm either on my way to work or getting ready to leave the house. At 5 PM I'm not home yet. Between 10-11 pm I'm either having some personal time with my wife or dunno, either preparing to go to bed if I plan to wake up early or whatevs, but no way that's a timeframe I use for gaming.
    This is one instance with rewards that are...a must. Then add other and other instances during the day that have good/great rewards. You can't attend those, you're just missing out a lot. A hell of a lot.

    Now, you say that the instances were done like this to stop no-lifers domination ingame. Well, in PWE historic fashion, they did a halfass job. No-life will still dominate this game, and it will be even more ridiculous than in PWI.
    If there would have been anyone with a trace of gray matter in PWI, they would have realized that ppl like me can afford to put money into a game like FW. So don't **** up those ppl taking away half of the game content and putting it in timeframes when those ppl can't attend it because they are busy making money, money that in the end you'll get a share of. No-lifesr will be the ones trying to mess up your game, because they don't have anything better to do. But you won't have income from those ppl. Your lifeline as a f2p game are ppl like me, a lot of ppl like me, that can afford to spend some cash from time to time to support your game, to pay your bills. Fcuking up those ppl is something only PWE does in the game industry.
  • terrorian
    terrorian Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ok you right..time schedule sucks hard..we must make a petition for gods trial and nightmare carnival...

    about those wich dominate game by spending real money( alot of money) on game just think me,you we wich spend small amount or nothing..we are the winners in fact..we spend 100 $ in a club drinking,dancing taking a girl home...those who spend money on game will realise after stop playing their mistakes and they will regret..and we will have forever in memory that crazy night spended on club and what happened after...

    so in life i learned something important..

    from each thing you think are bad...look for good parts..take only good parts from bad things..

    i personally being a pve player dont distrub me cause a random player is rich...the real cash money affects more pvp people..when you playing 2 years trying to reach a good pvp set..and a 2 months player comes with money and buy a better set than yours and owns you in 2 seconds..yea this is a problem..

    anyway cash shop players is a MUST ...we farm golds an buy their leafs(to buy usefull things from CS) ...in fact when we buy leafs we buy Dollars..Think about this.