The cancer that will kill FW

Comments

• morungol
    morungol Posts: 9
    edited March 2011
    Does any of this matter to someone who is planning on doing no PvP, and is planning on mainly just playing solo casually?
  • octarone
    octarone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    morungol wrote: »
    Does any of this matter to someone who is planning on doing no PvP, and is planning on mainly just playing solo casually?
    Casually, no.

But if you are the PvE type that competes with others to clear an instance the fastest just for bragging rights, then it will matter when they clear them twice as fast as you because of 1000 more mastery.
  • sugard
    sugard Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    gstormt wrote: »
    I recall we are playing this game for FREE right? so why are people crying about the PWE being greedy?

You play for free and PWE isn't a charity company.They make the game the way it will maximize their profit so that they can continue to be in business. If they make a game where cash shopper can't own even if they spend heavy amount of money on the game then who will spend money on the game? everybody just going to farm for top gear and where do they get the profit? Without profit they won't be able to support to sever or making any new game and you won't even have a free game to play.

So stop crying about pwe cashshop favor the people who spend a lot of money. It is how free to play game work and nothing will be change regardless of how many time you complain about it lolz....

you sir, are an ignoramus and a threat to every f2p gamer in existence. There is a fine line between rewarding your paying audience and ANNIHILATING the free crowd. Many games, Perfect World included, bludgeon that line with a cudgel of platinum embedded with alexandrite stones. Incidentally, you'd have to spend nearly the equivalent price of such a cudgel to get ahead in perfect world, lol
  • morungol
    edited March 2011
    octarone wrote: »
    Casually, no.

But if you are the PvE type that competes with others to clear an instance the fastest just for bragging rights, then it will matter when they clear them twice as fast as you because of 1000 more mastery.

No need for bragging rights. If I wanted a phallus measuring contest, I'd do PvP. I play these games for the sheer mind-numbing pleasure of it all. And I (no offense to any fellow players) find 70% of the player-base of these types of games to be abhorrent and juvenile, so solo casual is the only way I could ever see in playing them.
  • qikz
    qikz Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ok ok ok !

On higher level you can make easy gold in-game (this for 1st)
    And everyone say who pays - who pays for M/R will be the ....?! Ok, for ex: You pay ... money = leafs, SO? leafs = gold .... moral?! = gold can be made in the game (not so hard at higher lvl). Better and easy read the forum from CN. Use google translator.

(just read a detailed review) so do not jump on me.......
  • xstaticstrata
    xstaticstrata Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    morungol wrote: »
    Why not play single player games then? :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • morungol
    edited March 2011
    tyanara wrote: »
    Why not play single player games then? :rolleyes:

Why not play a free game any way I want to?
  • skuallpw
    skuallpw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ...........54% is a lot......
  • mikeoc
    mikeoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ROFL edward hong just put the smack down on pwi

on a sidenote , bigger prevailing point: the pvp east server is sure to have funny drama which in turn makes the game fun at least for a few months, no matter how imbalanced the pvp ends up being. look at how worthless pwi is, all people do there is run bh100 and sit and chat because pk has been broken/dead forever. the game has had everything once good about it compromised in favor of their business making a buck, but its still got that 'resting place" effect to it so to speak simply for the fact that theres that scene of end-game players on each respected server who cant help but stay involved with each other.. which, is alright i guess

but no doubt in due time it'll lose even the players that like to just sit on the server and stay involved in the scene because with no TW on FW, that scene wont last as long. but for a good while ( a couple months), nobody will ragequit over whats yet to happen. it'll instead stay fairly competitive/funny/dramatic/ragey for ... an estimated 2-3 months of good times. look at it this way, at least u passed some time before wuild gars 2
  • katozuma
    katozuma Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    OP makes a good point too bad PWE don't really care no offense
    beta was too long and told random selection about a month(or two) b4 it even started. Updates came kinda slooooow and etc.
    Played Trion World's game these ppl was constantly updating/fixing bugs and was got in the cbt a week after registering WOW
    what pwe really want to say -Sadly We of PWE don't care for ppl opinion, we close anything that will incriminate us, $$$ is our main priority. Cash Rules Everything Around Us, creau dollar dollar bill yall : )

what pwe will say-sorry your fw experience wasn't pleasant hopefully in the coming beta of our next beta we will strive for better results

what pwe will do-the same thing its been doing for the past beta good luck...
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i say.. 2 months..

or less..

• sugard
    edited March 2011
    Indeed 54% is a lot to lose.

Fortunately, such losses are relatively easy to avoid for companies catering to large groups of people; the only temptation therein is to favor the slow dime over the fast nickel. By listening, with some semblance of interest, to the interests of your clients, you create a service (in this case, their game) that they will pay into repeatedly over time. Obviously, not every request can be satisfied, but in the case of mass dissatisfaction, some action must be taken to restore a happy client/company relationship.

As an example, Perfect World had severe issues with lag, including the infamous rubber banding issue, which was brought up often and consistently over a prolonged period of time. Now, in Forsaken World, there are realms to reduce (hopefully eliminate) this lag. This makes users (like me) happy, and happy customers are FAR more likely to invest their hard earned cash into your service.

Now, I will NEVER spend $500,000 in a single chunk, nor even over the entire span of my time here. However, I will likely buy myself $10 or $20 every month or so. Perfect World is reported in their forums to have over 50 million players worldwide. Lets assume that a mere 500,000 of them share my spending habit. Well would you look at that.....$7,500,000 a month. Its numbers like that that ought to teach a company to respect their clients. Hopefully, PWE's recent profit drop has made them understand that.

EDIT: I understand full well that these numbers are nowhere near official. Still, they are definitely something to think about
  • katozuma
    katozuma Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    sugard wrote: »
    Indeed 54% is a lot to lose.
    Now, I will NEVER spend $500,000 in a single chunk, nor even over the entire span of my time here. However, I will likely buy myself $10 or $20 every month or so. Perfect World is reported in their forums to have over 50 million players worldwide. Lets assume that a mere 500,000 of them share my spending habit. Well would you look at that.....$7,500,000 a month. Its numbers like that that ought to teach a company to respect their clients. Hopefully, PWE's recent profit drop has made them understand that.

EDIT: I understand full well that these numbers are nowhere near official. Still, they are definitely something to think about

Sadly PWE is just the international company, Bejing Perfect Co is the mother company aka the brain, long as BPC doing good in china/East asia they could care less International version. Especially if PWE making reasonable amount $$$.

offtopic:

Forum wise PWE don't really care
    fully expressing your opinion will just get your topic close and ur butt banned
    my god we can't even talk/discuss "competing" MMORPGs, what are they(PWE) afraid of? Ppl leave their game and going to another?

(I)Read your edit lol...PWE wish they had 50million players worldwide(yes I know he said the numbers aren't official) I think they got a decent 2-5million accounts worldwide while less than 1-3million are active users
  • drew123
    drew123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hi Everone I like to say Im 100% on with you all in the class Sys lay out.. there alot that need to be fix. 1st I like to start with the Mp .. .. .. why cant we rest? lol sad. There to much Mp use and not alot of Vig to make pot.. (to keep up). BUT if you think about why they did it... Por/con.. I got it.. If you have a Party that 1 of each class so so.. (Not like the over pop of vamp's 2-3 in a PT big NO NO ppl) you will use much lest Mp in a run. a Priect/bard Mix it Top #1 for 30+ PT you have a mane healer/Raz and your AoE healer/Buff. if you have 1 of each Mp will not drop as fast. But like i said that more a 30+ PT.

For my next thang it on the Vamp. Now ok we all know vamp was a over played/OP class I for one know this 1st hand. I played All 3 build's and out of all 3 blood is the most OP. Now a OP class to me is not the same to same one ells. To me it like the Sin and Veno in PWI lol.. I was Soloing All 4 boss in EC with just pots and my healing Skill's.I was tanking and holding heat on boss with ez. Skill>skill>Heal>pot>skill>skill>heal>pot... and so on. it got to be a lil sad for me. To ez for a long hr gamer like my salf. But that more of a Con for a long hr gamer. To a 1-2hr gamer it a Por Bc it's now a Solo class were they dont need alot of help questing other then in Inc/Don. So for the ppl QQ about how OP it is.. you right it is.. but dont for get not everone got time to play for 5+ hr a day some not even 2hr a day.. and the vamp it a class for just that tip of gamer. All MMO have a class like that old and new.

OK.. were to start next.. dam.. Form what im reading on the Cash shop/Gam so on so on and for what iv seen in the game it not the bad.. thien agan if you buy form them.. you just makeing them buy/sell more lol.. I was make 100k+ a day in PWI after 70+ and never drop 1 Zen on that game lol.Now i know it PWI .. NOT FW.. i get that.. just saying.. there are way.. like dont buy for the CS selller >.> but that just me.. other ppl need help laerning how to make gold with out buying for CS..But EVER one got a vere good point.. On the other hand did you all for get about Guild Base's? . . .Think of them this way there like have a Town with Shop's.Dont think of it as a Guild base.. but like a Guild TOWN v.v; That other Guild/Solo gamer can come and go form your base buying/Selling to and form your guild O.o think ppl think.. IF you think about how much Gold a guild can make useing there Base Economy( I like to say Town bc it more like a town then a base).. it's a lot. Now dont get me wrong there is alot that needs to be fix.... and there going to be some bug in the guild base to. But haveing a base that work more like a Guild Town. . . Now that is were the Gold will be. But it up to the guild to make it work and to work together to make it grow.( not make a 100 guild just bc you want to be the leader of a Guild base.. v.v lol
    I'v play alot of free MMO's with this guild base Sys in it, and I'll tell you now. They work nice if the guild use it fully and can have a big BOOM to a guild growth/Economy. Dont just think about the Cash shop.. as were all the Gold is.. bc it not.. iv seen CS seller slow come down in Guild Economy base game. But i'll stop going on and on and on about this now. Im not trying to say ppl are worng or right. just droping my 2C on what i think.

PS: I like to say sry for my Spelling i'm not vere good in eng spelling atm been working on it v.v so plzz try to look past the bad spelling and see my point. agan sry. I'll see you all in OB
  • mikeoc
    mikeoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    its perspective bro, and it definitely is something to think about.

pwi thinks along the lines of well, if our casual cash shoppers arent keeping up anymore, we need to 'bend but dont break' and tempt our bigger spenders with win-the-game sales to compensate, not bearing in mind the consequences down the road as more of said casual CS'ers quit and the environment in which the big CS'ers like to spend in (knowing there are people to play against) has been compromised. but the secret all along was pwi would've stayed successful had they just been patient and let their sales catch up instead of trying to force feed boutique ****.

see, rank9 sales baited a portion of the community into dropping their last 1-3 grand on this game. i know so many rank9 users over 3 servers that regret buying it, and arent CS'ing anymore. that was the last straw, believe it or not. and its funny to say that, because, well, people do get fooled easily. but seriously? ya.. that was it, cant fool people that often. now what could have been that consistent flow of cash from casual players who spend as they see fit is no more (AKA the environment in which they play in is deemed a worthy investment - the cash shop is only introduced insofar as it supports the servers and all their other bills, but not for superfluous purposes like short-term greed, what they mustve told themselves to justifiy and want to keep bringing 5 versions of anni packs as it does literally NOTHING but eat away at the health of a server.)
  • sugard
    edited March 2011
    in all honesty, while I appreciate your concern, I've never cared much about the forums, lol. I'm only here as a result of my other games all being broken: FW closed till OB, minecraft server down, kids asleep so I can't access the Xbox, etc...

So, unless they ban me to the extent that I cannot play the game......I'll be ok
  • nymphsofatlantis
    nymphsofatlantis Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well I have always been a "normal player" don't normally spend allot of cash on them just for the soul fact that they are WAY over priced. Don't get me wrong if I really want something I might buy it. Now as far as this game goes we really are going to be screwed in the currency department. I know they said the two types of coin would help but think about it. There is an AH and a personal stand you can use and both you have to have coin to buy from as well as leaves you can only buy with coin. Not soul coin but regular coin. Starting out the only ones who will have ANY coin will be the one's who spend Real Cash to get coin. Even then Most will probably just hold on to it and buy leaves. So in reality how long will it take to get a good currency going. From my exp if things are set up like this it takes over a year before the game even starts to look good in that area. Yes in other games people farm coin and all but they worked for it why not let them have it. "It's not fair" you say well my words to you would be "If you have a problem with it go out and farm yourself and stop being lazy." It's not hard and the currency always works itself out. I have played games where i didn't have to spend a dime because i worked my Butt off to get coin. I may not have had the "Best" Gear but it was good enough to beat the end game bosses. And even then I enjoyed the game. Everyone Complains about people farming gold and holding it but when it comes to a game like FW where they tried to fix it. It's not what you want so you complain. I'm not complaining because it's not what i wanted. I'm just stating that if they do want this way to work some effort has to be made on there part. Especially if some of the quests require Item Shop items. Make regular coin available for certain quest for a limited amount a day, and not just trade running.
  • xolu
    xolu Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Unless you are actually familiar with PW-Beijing's inner workings, I don't think you guys should be commenting on a 54% reduction in profit just because someone guy told you it was bad.

Just sayin'
    IGN: Kiwifruit
  • th30ry
    th30ry Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    What if merc stats were obtainable ingame somehow? Some rare high lvl instance
    or something... Maybe make the last boss drop 2 but you need to kill all bosses.
    Then we can fight over them 2 or sell em and split the gold lol. Theres gotta be a hundred
    ways to implement merc stats ingame, so all players have a chance at them.
    Maybe involve them in arenas somehow idk...

Personally it would seem more fun to me to farm an instance for merc stats rather then
    farm up 3g from nc to buy one off a player, then make 5g from the midas.
    Getting cool drops from instances just seem more fun to me and merc stats are cool drops
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • necroraizen
    necroraizen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The cancer that will kill FW:

1. Troll Community

Seriously, a MMO is as strong as its community. I've seen HORRIBLE mmo's that became more popular than most P2P games (*cough* Tibia *cough* Runescape *cough*) thanks to the people that play them. And FW is NOT a bad mmo.

So people, stop the constant QQ, get together, make some friends and play.

And please... can't we wait till OB and then whine?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Race: Human
    Class: Priest
    Guild: -none-

To Purge the world from heretics...
  • progus
    progus Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2011

1. Troll Community

Seriously, a MMO is as strong as its community. I've seen HORRIBLE mmo's that became more popular than most P2P games (*cough* Tibia *cough* Runescape *cough*) thanks to the people that play them. And FW is NOT a bad mmo.

Agree!
  • illegalburrito
    illegalburrito Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011

1. Troll Community

btn_facebook-like-icon.gif
  • crys13
    crys13 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2011

i need one of those buttons for these forums lol

"Crysella 'Likes' troll BBQQsauce. yummmmm tasty and tangy.

I know this is suppose to stay on topic here so please do continue discussing the true issues. Ciao ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Neoyoshi for the great sig :p
    IGN: Crysella
    Class: Human Priestess
    Level: 73
    Server: Storm(PvE)
  • fallenhawk
    fallenhawk Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011

1. Troll Community

+1

/10char
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • count210
    count210 Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    yes csers are needed for any game. No one disputes the validity. The thing boils down to WHAT is good to put in the boutique & what is not so great. Armor & weapons are a no go.

I love games & I love cash shopping. TBH, i spend more cash on games with "fluffy boutiques"... pot packages, fashion, theme fashion (with 30 day expiration) with stats.
    Gear in the mall may get 1/10 of the population opening their wallets BUT 6/10ths see that they cant afford the gear so instead of opening their wallets for 30$ each a month in lil pkgs or fashion, they pass altogether, because they realize early on its a hopeless scenerio when to farm the coin to even buy from other players takes months & months, by that time many of those have a bad taste in their mouth over it all.. The other 3/10 don't care about competitive playing they may buy some fashion, but avoid the rest.
    To make the boutique a case of "keeping up with the Jones' " when it comes to gear is a negative domino affect on morale & focus.
    You want a successful store, then sell items that enhance the majority's experience. ENHANCE is not the same as cut the game play out of the equation. Providing huge advantages of gear incentives in the boutique cuts the game right out. Don't need to play, can buy it.
    need revenue have a few servers that are premium & have to pay monthly fee or something to avoid the crowds.
    sell pack with the gems & pets & mounts but NO gear or things that enable u a one shot path to gear. Sell fashion or weapon covers with stats that expire after 21-30days or put some in packs. but again no actual armor.

Yes PW is a business that wants to make money. NEEDS to make money, the game is their ultimate product, to allow the condiments to drown the meal is not wise.

is a good post you made. I hope they pay mind to parts of the boutique & not make the same mistake that chased many of us from PWI. I am give them a chance but if the restaurant tastes like too much ketchup, there are plenty of other games out there to try.:D
    "Goodmorning, are you a cash shopping player or are you a boutique bot?"
  • redwingpixie
    redwingpixie Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Masterys and res are basicly armour and weps....so i dont get why they would do this and to be frankly honest u arnt gonna get many ppl put 10K+ into the game there will be a few but not many.

Fact is giving someone the power to be god in game without the gm tag is complete fail..i mean why not just make the game P2P?

since all the non csers will just leave once the cs uses become to op to even kill..

I feel pvp server will suck most from this tho =/

Edit : if pwe needs money then why dont they close their fail games? i mean PWI is getting old now...and FW is basicly pwi 2.0 i mean come on look at the cash shop..its another money sink.
    D-D-Disconnect-And-Self-Destruct-One-Bullet-At-A-Time
  • wertoret
    wertoret Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011

1. Troll Community

couldn't agree more.

btw on a different topic: how much is 400 diamonds worth? let's say you must master 1 mastery to lvl 100 and you need 400 diamonds to do so, it's a one time event in prolly the enterity of your life in this game, aim for it asap.

also, with such high amounts of money to get just an inner advantatge (how much difference does it make lvl 99 mastery to lvl 100 master? 10 more mastery and 50,000 more gold) not many people will find it rewarding and prolly not many people will have lvl 100 mastery in everything.

does it matter? 10 mastery might just raise a bit more the damage and you could spend those 5000 gold into better gear instead of mastery, by the time your oponent has gotten those extra 5k gold you'll then have the choice wether spend on better gear or max out mastery.

it is true that cash shoppers have more ease in getting money, and it's true that they will always have an advantage, but is 1000 mastery such a big deal? ask yourselves, maybe training mastery is not cost effective.
    "lol" - Anonymous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • enishi2
    enishi2 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    wertoret wrote: »
    couldn't agree more.

btw on a different topic: how much is 400 diamonds worth? let's say you must master 1 mastery to lvl 100 and you need 400 diamonds to do so, it's a one time event in prolly the enterity of your life in this game, aim for it asap.

also, with such high amounts of money to get just an inner advantatge (how much difference does it make lvl 99 mastery to lvl 100 master? 10 more mastery and 50,000 more gold) not many people will find it rewarding and prolly not many people will have lvl 100 mastery in everything.

does it matter? 10 mastery might just raise a bit more the damage and you could spend those 5000 gold into better gear instead of mastery, by the time your oponent has gotten those extra 5k gold you'll then have the choice wether spend on better gear or max out mastery.

it is true that cash shoppers have more ease in getting money, and it's true that they will always have an advantage, but is 1000 mastery such a big deal? ask yourselves, maybe training mastery is not cost effective.
    how long is your life in this game? 6 months? a year?
    6 months for $30,000+? or you telling me you playing this game until you die from old age? in that case good luc I hope you bought your forsacen world life insurance