The cancer that will kill FW

2456710

Comments

  • pizzblack
    pizzblack Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This game is horrifically broken.


    With a decenl amount of leaves I was able to Get over 500 earth Mastery 250 light, 120 Physical, Water, Fire and Darkness Resistance and +10+11 my gear with level 4 gems.

    Mastery training is going to ruin this game quick fast and in a hurry. I am honestly questioning why even to spend money on this travesty of a game if I can get so OP for what a couple hundred bucks? Just think what would happen if you spent a couple grand.

    Also the HP/MP regen won't be fixed. They're trying to make you purchase their Springs in the CS to compensate for it. (That's why Springs +pots stack)

    The GL boxes are going to just further hinder an already broken CS biased system. I know I sure as hell won't be selling gems to people, I will be selling Merc Statues And other small things.


    Why saturate the market with gems so others can catch up to you quicker for an easy buck that can be made more profitably through selling other things? Anyone with half a mind wouldn't sell gems.


    I like buying things to make my life significantly easier in game, but letting me purchase red hand equivalent through Masteries and Buying huge damage reduction through it as well with Resistances + gems. You have to give me some sort of scenario resembling game balance.



    TL;DR Get your **** together PWE. I am disappoint.

    Even I have to say...you won't have any challengers in-game... I mean even you having to say that... =/

    Validity to even spending a couple bucks can make your gaming ridiculously easier, but

    of course you'll want to spend more.
    QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT

    There once was a BlackCard...~
  • kyosuken
    kyosuken Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This game is horrifically broken.


    With a decenl amount of leaves I was able to Get over 500 earth Mastery 250 light, 120 Physical, Water, Fire and Darkness Resistance and +10+11 my gear with level 4 gems.

    Mastery training is going to ruin this game quick fast and in a hurry. I am honestly questioning why even to spend money on this travesty of a game if I can get so OP for what a couple hundred bucks? Just think what would happen if you spent a couple grand.

    Also the HP/MP regen won't be fixed. They're trying to make you purchase their Springs in the CS to compensate for it. (That's why Springs +pots stack)

    The GL boxes are going to just further hinder an already broken CS biased system. I know I sure as hell won't be selling gems to people, I will be selling Merc Statues And other small things.


    Why saturate the market with gems so others can catch up to you quicker for an easy buck that can be made more profitably through selling other things? Anyone with half a mind wouldn't sell gems.


    I like buying things to make my life significantly easier in game, but letting me purchase red hand equivalent through Masteries and Buying huge damage reduction through it as well with Resistances + gems. You have to give me some sort of scenario resembling game balance.



    TL;DR Get your **** together PWE. I am disappoint.

    +1.

    And he's right, lol. I didn't even think of it that way. Who's to say the cash spenders will even bother selling the gems, when they can sell other stuff instead? Further keeping the gem advantage in their own favor, while still getting rich from the exploitable nature of the cash shop.

    Unbalanced feature is unbalanced.
  • gokao
    gokao Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    good points. but is everyone forgetting as far as the cash aspect. that this game is a free to play..u dont have to buy the game and they have had to pay a full staff for developement support and also for all the hours of work they put into it. and the fact that after all that they make it free for those who cant afford it. and put in game aspects that allow them to make their profit without us free players having to pay for it....doesnt it make sense that they would naturally give bonuses to the cash players...obviously if nothing in the cash shop was mad good...then they wouldnt make money.. this couldnt pay for servers or development... so i think that personally i am willing to work the extra mile needed considering its a FREE game..just saying.. ppl will complain about anything... but its free..dont forget that it didnt have to be...so just the fact free players can even be on here is worth it imo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Im watching you! muwahhaha
  • illegalburrito
    illegalburrito Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    what you wrote


    This is no different (not even worth the shock) than any other game Perfect World has introduced. There will always be an overpowered market for people to spend their own money on what they intended it for.

    Although this is still in closed beta phase and content are still being tested, this is PWI we're talking about.
  • kyosuken
    kyosuken Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i like how every time someone has an argument/brings up a point counter to yours, you just play the "lol you dont know the game" card

    No argument or counter point was made. All the person I quoted did was basically say "shut up and pay money, or dont complain." Give me a logical counter-point and I'll address it logically. Until then, shoo. -waves hand-

    Saying you can pimp the market isn't a logical counter point. The market won't grow fast enough, even in a year's time to address what would equal 400 diamonds of cost PER MASTERY. Kyofu in game broke a pretty high amount only because a contest gave him 400,000 cash shop leaves. Thus the person who made that argument in fact does not know the game well enough to know that what he said was false.

    And saying "pay or gtfo" isn't even on my radar as an argument, that's just some a-hole's attempt to sound important. Even a guy like DestroyTokyo, who pays loads of money on the games he plays, still thinks this system is broken.

    And you want to attack me, basically for being right? Try again bro.
  • devonty
    devonty Posts: 0
    edited March 2011
    gokao wrote: »
    good points. but is everyone forgetting as far as the cash aspect. that this game is a free to play..u dont have to buy the game and they have had to pay a full staff for developement support and also for all the hours of work they put into it. and the fact that after all that they make it free for those who cant afford it. and put in game aspects that allow them to make their profit without us free players having to pay for it....doesnt it make sense that they would naturally give bonuses to the cash players...obviously if nothing in the cash shop was mad good...then they wouldnt make money.. this couldnt pay for servers or development... so i think that personally i am willing to work the extra mile needed considering its a FREE game..just saying.. ppl will complain about anything... but its free..dont forget that it didnt have to be...so just the fact free players can even be on here is worth it imo

    game dies and they get no money anyway. more people = more money no matter whats in the cash shop. They didn't need to go down this route. This game is so far from being westernised like they claim it's a joke
  • lemonwarrior
    lemonwarrior Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The only possible thing in the Cash shop that can ruin the game are Gems. If they sell gems in CS it will die. Also i agree, if u can buy gems. Why would u sell gems to the non cash shoppers, its ridiculous. U sell midas and other useless things. I disagree about the mastery tho, it is not such a big difference, in cbt i never surpassed 100 mastery and had little problem with killing. When it hits 1000 mastery it can be an issue.

    But yeah, the only thing that scares me are gems, and thats what might kill the game. .-.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trevtimusprime
    trevtimusprime Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This is no different (not even worth the shock) than any other game Perfect World has introduced. There will always be an overpowered market for people to spend their own money on what they intended it for.

    Although this is still in closed beta phase and content are still being tested, this is PWI we're talking about.

    You don't think I know this lol? I spent about 20k on 3 different chars in PWI on my server. It's just PWE hasn't had a game THIS CS exploitable so early on.

    I mean literally by level 30 you can already have such a ridiculous adv over the rest of the player base no one would ever **** with you.

    It makes me sad because lowbie pvp is usually some of the best kind. It reminds me of a time before I decide to in a random game to charge enough so where I stroll past someone, decide I don't like their name and press a button to make them go away off my screen.
    CB-Phase 1-4
    I am Snorlax and I will block your path.


    DestroyTokyo- Voted best WereBeast on PWI Lost City server <3
  • falycia
    falycia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    /agree with the points made by most above posts.

    I have been in CB since phase 2 and got leaves in 3/4. It really throws the game off balance. However, I feel that I can handle gems much better than masteries - not saying that gems are okay. The effect of gem will come slower than masteries, I think that can be agreed upon, but gem's hold greater potential effect than masteries.

    There are only a small percentage of the players that would be willing and able to max out masteries/resistance, most who puts in a bit of cash can probably get to lvl 5 masteries across the board before they decide it's too much - thus yes, it would throw game off balance, but only very few would actually get the ungodly power from maxing out masteries/resistance. Of course, this grants advantages to everyone who is willing to put in a bit of money, like most other cash items do, other than this is more of a fundamental change.

    The gems, however, can expand to ridicule all the players that are not willing to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars into the system. Quoting Kyosuken, the farming of gem is impractical - unless you farm with guildies and friends who work out a system on its own. The incoming of gem would be inconsistent and it's difficult that you could actually sell/trade gems to the extent towards gearing up, thus it is likely that players would turn to cashshop gems.

    The problem with gems is that, once enough people have done instances enough times, lv 1 gems would really not be that rare - leading to pwe to upgrade the gems in cashshop since people would be unlikely to buy them from there then. If this cycle continues, there would eventually be gems that would just grant too much power to certain individuals, which are likely to be a higher percentage of population than ones that max out masteries/resistances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Background art courtesy of Heise.
  • tenysama
    tenysama Posts: 127
    edited March 2011
    I believe their ideology is that it will take "time" to get the masteries/resistances up, enough time for them to figure out some kind of counter-strategy to implement.

    The items required to increase the mastery level are difficult to farm, and their value is undeniably high.

    These things in mind will cause people to not sell/sell their mastery items for exponentially high prices.

    Getting those masteries items together will also take time.

    Maybe 3 months before someone maxes a mastery, I wonder if they can counter by then :cool:
  • kyosuken
    kyosuken Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The only possible thing in the Cash shop that can ruin the game are Gems. If they sell gems in CS it will die. Also i agree, if u can buy gems. Why would u sell gems to the non cash shoppers, its ridiculous. U sell midas and other useless things. I disagree about the mastery tho, it is not such a big difference, in cbt i never surpassed 100 mastery and had little problem with killing. When it hits 1000 mastery it can be an issue.

    But yeah, the only thing that scares me are gems, and thats what might kill the game. .-.

    Trust me. The M/R training is worse than the gems. The reason you had no problem killing is because no one in CBT had enough funding to max their M/R's. Think about the most challenging fight you had against someone of the same class as you. Let's even say the same talent tree as you.

    Imagine how much different that fight would have been if this person had the exact same gear as you, but still did over 4x the damage to you, that you do to him. That is the difference the M/R system will make once people start dumping into it.

    Mastery will boost the person's damage by a clean percentage. Resistance will reduce the damage they take by another clean percentage. If you do half normal damage to him, and he does double normal damage to you, you're in for a tough battle.

    And sadly the extremity of this system is not reachable by farming; its just too expensive.
    tenysama wrote: »
    Maybe 3 months before someone maxes a mastery, I wonder if they can counter by then :cool:
    The answer is no, unfortunately. No one will raise that much money by farming, and that's why we're saying its a problem. We had more than 3 months to farm. We had almost half a year, and still couldn't even get close. The only reason the economy suddenly boomed is because -gasp- everyone suddenly had thousands of free leaves from the CBT events. Now re-imagine that when the leaves aren't free.

    And the items you're talking about aren't that hard to get either. They're way easier than getting gems, that's for sure.
  • pizzblack
    pizzblack Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    gokao wrote: »
    good points. but is everyone forgetting as far as the cash aspect. that this game is a free to play..u dont have to buy the game and they have had to pay a full staff for developement support and also for all the hours of work they put into it. and the fact that after all that they make it free for those who cant afford it. and put in game aspects that allow them to make their profit without us free players having to pay for it....doesnt it make sense that they would naturally give bonuses to the cash players...obviously if nothing in the cash shop was mad good...then they wouldnt make money.. this couldnt pay for servers or development... so i think that personally i am willing to work the extra mile needed considering its a FREE game..just saying.. ppl will complain about anything... but its free..dont forget that it didnt have to be...so just the fact free players can even be on here is worth it imo

    The game is made in nearly every way to cripple free players.

    Work the extra mile? You could wander the Earth endlessly but never achieve in F2P

    what someone has paid for.

    For PWE games, being a cash shopper is a completely different existance from being a

    "free" player.
    QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT

    There once was a BlackCard...~
  • lemonwarrior
    lemonwarrior Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The difference in dmg is lets say between a warrior with 500 mastery and one with 200 around 1000. Correct me if i am wrong on this. So yes, i agree that 1000 mastery makes big difference, but can it really be compared to full lvl 4 attack and hp gems? o_o

    I think that our issue here is rather that a cash shopper can get both very easy. If he could only get one, then it would be a different story imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xstaticstrata
    xstaticstrata Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    on the priority of things that need to be fixed is in this order

    1) Cash Shop

    things in here that aren't supposed to be there yet.

    there are newer better games coming out soon, VERY soon and FW will just be dust in the wind as the months go by, people won't even bother to pick this game up anymore. Companies ARE infact stepping up their Cash shops for the western audience.

    2) Combat System

    Seriously I saw you guys do it for Heroes of Three Kingdoms. From what I know you guys use the same dirt bag engine to make ALL your games so you could damn well do the same for FW.

    The combat with almost all classes is BALANCED in HoTK. There is a lock on feature so all you have to do is get near to your target to bust your skills and of course have them in front of you.

    There was also an option in HoTK to have auto facing and holding down left click enabled camera turning without character turning.

    Then theres the Soul PK system of this game which makes movement even MORE needed

    This point and click static BS is lazy work.

    3) The ****ING FED EX QUESTS

    at least give some EXCITING boss monsters to do early on not the generic crapola that i've seen in 18347291 mmos.

    From a Human Race view ill state my views:
    you basically Run all over the place like a jackass on steriods, it was SOOOO BORING I litterally wanted to minimise the game and watch youtube or something and these are the first 10, TEN levels thats the FIRST impression of the game and you monkeys (devs) messed it up.

    then theres the cutscenes. My reaction to them was: Seriously?

    yea plain like that at least pay some loser on the street to come talk out the text, then via studio alter the voice to make it sound all cool and stuff

    think thats it so far
  • falycia
    falycia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I saw this post and I had an AHHHH moment.
    FINALLY, someone brought up the quests.

    Other than the things already said, there is one important thing that I would like to bring up - the ridiculous quest/mob xp ratio.
    Mobs really don't give that much xp, if people have not noticed - it's a pain when you realized that you are out of quests and have to go do the last 20 of the freedom harbor fedex quest for minimal xp gain.

    I don't care if you lower the xp return on quests, but please increase the xp return on mobs. I think a lot of this questing leads to soloing outside of instances which give rise to disconnection within community - or rather, difficulty to build up a community. If people can party and level together outside of instances, it increases the playability of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Background art courtesy of Heise.
  • tenysama
    tenysama Posts: 127
    edited March 2011
    The difference in dmg is lets say between a warrior with 500 mastery and one with 200 around 1000. Correct me if i am wrong on this. So yes, i agree that 1000 mastery makes big difference, but can it really be compared to full lvl 4 attack and hp gems? o_o

    I think that our issue here is rather that a cash shopper can get both very easy. If he could only get one, then it would be a different story imo.

    Aside from having the gold to buy lvl 4 HP gems, a cash shopper can't get them without farminng because they didn't put Hp gemss into the CS, thankfully.

    They didn't put attack gems in there either.

    iirc they have defense, evasion, and accuracy.
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The difference in dmg is lets say between a warrior with 500 mastery and one with 200 around 1000. Correct me if i am wrong on this. So yes, i agree that 1000 mastery makes big difference, but can it really be compared to full lvl 4 attack and hp gems? o_o

    I think that our issue here is rather that a cash shopper can get both very easy. If he could only get one, then it would be a different story imo.
    Level 4 gems are **** compared to mastery, idk why some people think +50 damage per gem is uber (compared to level 3 gem)

    You don't realize how much triple damage actually means, in terms of numbers.


    As for you not finding mastery training a problem, you can get to 1000 with it maxed, for your information. And since you weren't really a killing class, I can tell you mastery made a HUGE difference for me, when I got a +100 mastery off-hand. Even this last pet buff I learned that gives only +50 mastery, made a significant upgrade to my damage, including the fact I was stealing aggro from other good geared warriors I was competing before with, after they rush faster than me on the boss and land 2-3 hits before I start
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xstaticstrata
    xstaticstrata Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    tenysama wrote: »
    Aside from having the gold to buy lvl 4 HP gems, a cash shopper can't get them without farminng because they didn't put Hp gemss into the CS, thankfully.

    They didn't put attack gems in there either.

    iirc they have defense, evasion, and accuracy.

    evasion and accuracy are game breaking adds to a cash shop
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This game is horrifically broken.


    With a decenl amount of leaves I was able to Get over 500 earth Mastery 250 light, 120 Physical, Water, Fire and Darkness Resistance and +10+11 my gear with level 4 gems.

    Mastery training is going to ruin this game quick fast and in a hurry. I am honestly questioning why even to spend money on this travesty of a game if I can get so OP for what a couple hundred bucks? Just think what would happen if you spent a couple grand.

    Also the HP/MP regen won't be fixed. They're trying to make you purchase their Springs in the CS to compensate for it. (That's why Springs +pots stack)

    The GL boxes are going to just further hinder an already broken CS biased system. I know I sure as hell won't be selling gems to people, I will be selling Merc Statues And other small things.


    Why saturate the market with gems so others can catch up to you quicker for an easy buck that can be made more profitably through selling other things? Anyone with half a mind wouldn't sell gems.


    I like buying things to make my life significantly easier in game, but letting me purchase red hand equivalent through Masteries and Buying huge damage reduction through it as well with Resistances + gems. You have to give me some sort of scenario resembling game balance.



    TL;DR Get your **** together PWE. I am disappoint.
    Wow even trev agrees this is really a serious problem now.


    Honestly why the hell did they make mastery training so god damn expensive, it could either cost less per level or have a lower cap, like level 60. What the hell were they thinking... or just make it a series of challenging trial quests you have to finish, but not brute force fighting, I mean something like Jungle Ruins in PWI.


    you could always donate me some moneyz if you don't want to be OP alone. lmao :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trevtimusprime
    trevtimusprime Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    tenysama wrote: »
    Aside from having the gold to buy lvl 4 HP gems, a cash shopper can't get them without farminng because they didn't put Hp gemss into the CS, thankfully.

    They didn't put attack gems in there either.

    iirc they have defense, evasion, and accuracy.

    You are now aware they have GL boxes in the CN CS that will be in ours. They have ALL the gems in CS.
    CB-Phase 1-4
    I am Snorlax and I will block your path.


    DestroyTokyo- Voted best WereBeast on PWI Lost City server <3
  • lemonwarrior
    lemonwarrior Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    tyanara wrote: »
    Level 4 gems are **** compared to mastery, idk why some people think +50 damage per gem is uber (compared to level 3 gem)

    You don't realize how much triple damage actually means, in terms of numbers.


    As for you not finding mastery training a problem, you can get to 1000 with it maxed, for your information. And since you weren't really a killing class, I can tell you mastery made a HUGE difference for me, when I got a +100 mastery off-hand. Even this last pet buff I learned that gives only +50 mastery, made a significant upgrade to my damage, including the fact I was stealing aggro from other good geared warriors I was competing before with, after they rush faster than me on the boss and land 2-3 hits before I start

    It is very possible that i do not realise for bard has 3 elemental attributes. But yes from my perspective i get more from gems. I hope they stick with what they have now in the CS if they do not want to not sell gems at all. :p

    Mastery should just have timer, timed mastery training that can be calculated in terms of a normal player. Si that the mastery of a CShopper goes up at the same speed as that of a normal player even if he can afford a speedy training and the normal player can not. doubt there will be any complaints then. So the CShoppers will get mastery slow but very easy, while normal players very hard but at the same speed. Sounds fair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • athenafey
    athenafey Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You guys are so mental. Why not just enjoy it for what it is a game. So what if an over powered toon ganks and kills you over and over again? LOL. Me i just laugh coz that guy spends more than me...

    And besides, who in their right mind would spend 20k$ on a game....oh wait....nevermind. :D

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kyosuken
    kyosuken Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The difference in dmg is lets say between a warrior with 500 mastery and one with 200 around 1000. Correct me if i am wrong on this. So yes, i agree that 1000 mastery makes big difference, but can it really be compared to full lvl 4 attack and hp gems? o_o

    I think that our issue here is rather that a cash shopper can get both very easy. If he could only get one, then it would be a different story imo.

    You VASTLY underestimate the curvature of mastery and resistance bonuses. It's percent based, and it applies to the entire damage of your skill, not just the base attack or whatever else. The ENTIRE damage of that skill.

    that same warrior with maxed resistance trainings will reduce your damage by such a high % that even if you gem'd yourself to the limit, you still wouldn't hurt him much. Now imagine if his mastery training was equally high. And then, yes, even add gems to him. He'll dominate everyone he sees.

    It's all too exploitable.
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    athenafey wrote: »
    And besides, who in their right mind would spend 20k$ on a game....oh wait....nevermind. :D
    What is a fortune for you like 20k$ is pocket exchange for some people, like trev. You can't blame him for spending a "low" amount of money on entertainment, since I bet you do so yourself...

    You are right that if 20k$ is all someone has, then he's crazy if he'd spend on game, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xstaticstrata
    xstaticstrata Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It is very possible that i do not realise for bard has 3 elemental attributes. But yes from my perspective i get more from gems. I hope they stick with what they have now in the CS if they do not want to not sell gems at all. :p

    Mastery should just have timer, timed mastery training that can be calculated in terms of a normal player. Si that the mastery of a CShopper goes up at the same speed as that of a normal player even if he can afford a speedy training and the normal player can not. doubt there will be any complaints then. So the CShoppers will get mastery slow but very easy, while normal players very hard but at the same speed. Sounds fair.

    there are multiple actions that could've been taken to avoid this but PWE is just god damn lazy so.... if this ain't fixed by OB, this game dies within 1 month? I seriously hope it can last till summer tho, can't wait for lime odessy :( then after that I hope Megaman Online comes out in english soon.
  • lemonwarrior
    lemonwarrior Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hmmm??? Shyren + red hand > CShopper .__.

    From my experience, w/e immortal beast u are... 2 warriors with red hand kill u. Thats that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tenysama
    tenysama Posts: 127
    edited March 2011
    Hmmm??? Shyren + red hand > CShopper .__.

    From my experience, w/e immortal beast u are... 2 warriors with red hand kill u. Thats that.

    Not if the 2 warriors attempt to gank someone with a maxed phys. resist?
  • athenafey
    athenafey Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    tyanara wrote: »
    What is a fortune for you like 20k$ is pocket exchange for some people, like trev. You can't blame him for spending a "low" amount of money on entertainment, since I bet you do so yourself...

    You are right that if 20k$ is all someone has, then he's crazy if he'd spend on game, though.

    For someone who earns his money. Even if his the richest person in the world he would still think twice of spending $1,000 to watch a movie. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lemonwarrior
    lemonwarrior Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    tenysama wrote: »
    Not if the 2 warriors attempt to gank someone with a maxed phys. resist?

    wind =o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tenysama
    tenysama Posts: 127
    edited March 2011
    wind =o

    It won't do any good, especially if the person has a maxed mastery.

    You'll be taking too much damage and they won't be taking enough. Several spring spams later the 2 warriors will be on the floor/will have ran away.