CB and OB people that'll join Storm server (PvE)

deathyy
deathyy Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
Howdo all,
For PvE which be most used char? please by all means tell me you're experiances with ur char's and how it effects ur way of playing the game (such as: being all out assault or more defensive side)
Me my self not sure to be frank. played as mage (mana is a serious issue lol) and warrior alot of damage rather easy to use, except cant seem to cancel the stance that makes u take more damage to do more damage. Hopefully didn't confuse you all there.

Either way when OB starts i'll look forward to meeting some of you in game hopefully :D :rolleyes: Wont post my chosen names just yet for OB peeps might steal them lol :P
Post edited by deathyy on
«1

Comments

  • saediina
    saediina Posts: 9
    edited March 2011
    I'm sure no one would steal names I plan to be on Storm as of the 9th I also plan to continue with the Mage love the mage I'm playing now/ Mana can be an issue but I carry around so many mana potions and drinks that it's not a bother other then running out of room in bags. Which could be a pain with the small bag we start out with.
  • deathyy
    deathyy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Agreed bag space is rather big issue, Annoying have spend RL money to get more bag space, yeh even with pots n mana regen items i still struggle with mana, you just burn through it specially when u've got lvl 4+ skills lol. thanks for ur view :)
  • saediina
    saediina Posts: 9
    edited March 2011
    deathyy wrote: »
    Agreed bag space is rather big issue, Annoying have spend RL money to get more bag space, yeh even with pots n mana regen items i still struggle with mana, you just burn through it specially when u've got lvl 4+ skills lol. thanks for ur view :)

    there are quests and ways to get gold with out paying for it and then converting it to leaves to buy bag and bank extension but it's still slow going =(
  • deathyy
    deathyy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yeh, was on other games also, but as you say, rather slow going and tends to be buggy n dont recieve them (had that few times my self). Best way is to spend ur own money. Noramlly i would, first things i do get max bank/inventory, but with money being tight i cant afford to have such luxurys.
  • tenysama
    tenysama Posts: 127
    edited March 2011
    Oh my god! Vampire = undead = Twilight = Vampire Diaries = teengirlfanrage.

    Vampire will get spammed simply because the concept of a vampire entices people, not because people actually understand the pros/cons of playing the class.

    I'll probably stick to Vampire though, after examining it's skills/trees more I think there are some pretty lethal combos on it.
  • deathyy
    deathyy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    HaHa, oh my i agree with undead bit *would love to play as a zombie LOOL* twilight is abit soppy for me lol.. suppose that comes with age lol. Not tryed vamp yet might do. thanks for ur post :)
  • wertoret
    wertoret Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    tenysama wrote: »
    Oh my god! Vampire = undead = Twilight = Vampire Diaries = teengirlfanrage.

    Vampire will get spammed simply because the concept of a vampire entices people, not because people actually understand the pros/cons of playing the class.

    I'll probably stick to Vampire though, after examining it's skills/trees more I think there are some pretty lethal combos on it.

    I do believe vampires are good for pve, having jigh enough dps AND a decent heal, you just need to level alchemy and you'll be autosufficient. I'll go with vampire aswell
    "lol" - Anonymous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rassav
    rassav Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Not only that, there are ppl who just love to play the vampire, like horror fans, goths etc. That's what made me try this, I couldnt play a vampire game since VtM:Bloodlines, and that's seven years old game. This is not a true vampire game too, you can walk on daylight, dont have to bite NPCs to feed and the like, but its better than nothing. Old VtM:Bloodlines was a bomb (although it was a pretty good game) and buried financially the developers to bankruptcy, and so companies now avoid vampire games like a plague. Expect many to play vampires just because, at last, they can.
  • deathyy
    deathyy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    intresting view on vamps there, thanks for input :P suppose vamp chars are abit strange, due what has been said about their nature so to speak :P. Erm idk.. u might be thinking too much into it though. might aswell roll the dice every now n again :)
  • saediina
    saediina Posts: 9
    edited March 2011
    played bloodlines myself I quite enjoyed it but to have vampires played here and be true to form would be quite limiting to them though it would make for some interesting game play to work around.
  • hjsimp
    hjsimp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Saw a vampire buying garlic bread in chat moments ago...
  • deathyy
    deathyy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Looool the irony eh ?:P u'd think they'd know better!
  • myelani
    myelani Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    I love my priest. Only thing I hate is that there are no instant heals. the 2 heals we are giving is a regular heal and 1 aoe heal. The regular heals has a cd. and aoe heal is even longer unless u max out the talent points.

    I think they need to take the cd off the regular heal and make it an instant heal for quicker heals. Also we should be able to make as many pots as we want, instead of having to wait for vigor to regenerate.

    I made a few toons to see which one I really liked and I think I'm going to stick with my priest for the OB
  • deathyy
    deathyy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yeh i've heard alot of people like priests not tryed one my self been healer twice before on (BOI, PWI) so thought i'd try offensive find for once.. so i'll think i'll skip the healing party this time lol be in there doing all damage like some raving lunatic hahaha. thanks for u post :)
  • edh79
    edh79 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have tested out all the classes except Stonemen, Assassin, and Priest... By far, my 2 faves are the vampire and the warrior. Vamps b/c of damage and the fact they can heal. Warriors for the fact of massive health and dps. Tried mage, but got bored with it after level 30. Not much for the healing type, so priests aren't my forte. LOL!!! Marksman was ok, but I prefer archers more. Bard is good, but not one of my favorites. So, yea..there's my 2 cents worth. Have a great weekend everyone!!
  • hjsimp
    hjsimp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    myelani wrote: »
    I love my priest. Only thing I hate is that there are no instant heals. the 2 heals we are giving is a regular heal and 1 aoe heal. The regular heals has a cd. and aoe heal is even longer unless u max out the talent points.

    I think they need to take the cd off the regular heal and make it an instant heal for quicker heals. Also we should be able to make as many pots as we want, instead of having to wait for vigor to regenerate.

    I made a few toons to see which one I really liked and I think I'm going to stick with my priest for the OB

    Are you playing an elf priest? Because, as a human priest, my basic 1.5sec cast time heal is instantaneous in effect, not heal over time. I understand that later on, human and elf priest talent trees will differ slightly, offering different advanced skills.

    With 4 points in Natural Healing, a priest can bring the heal cooldown to 1 second instead of the base 3. I don't really see the low level aoe healing to be all that useful. Why waste 8+ talent points on something that has a 4 minute cool down at best? The vanilla skill by itself is enough in a jam if the bard isn't paying attention for a sec or two. Supposedly, there will be a level 70 aoe heal that's a lot more useful.

    Marksman is my favorite AOE DD class so far. The aoe fire build doesn't really show until level 30+ and you have to constantly reposition yourself to line up with the targets to fire for maximum effect, but it sure is fun to see the numbers light up all over the screen. They should really remove that lvl45 restriction on rake level2 for maximum wholesale carnage at lower levels. Though, in PvE, a lot of mobs will be gunning for you in short order, and in mass PvP, you'll be a high priority target too. If day-long grinding is your cup of tea, I've also seen an alternate PvE single target grind build where you'll never run out of mp or soul bullets.

    Mage, I love mage classes, but PWE seems to really have problems with balancing the classic magic casters (Serious discrimination going on against mages.) In PWI, no one wants a wizzie except for TW and only if you have -channeling gear with high refines. In BoI, no one wants a wizzie. It's not the players, it's the unfavorable class balance. Though a FW mage get 3 elements to play with and starts to get aoes really early, I still feel that they are underpowered compared to a warrior or an assassin in pure damage output. Priest and marksman have the same range as I do, I don't really kill faster than a vampire, yet I'm squishier than all of them??? Instead of a glass cannon, I feel like a glass peashooter. Maybe a kindred mage feels differently? Maybe things change at level 70? Maybe PWE's chief game designer was once trolled by a guy in wizard robe and hat? I just don't know.

    Warrior. What's not to like. There isn't a lot to say. A warrior can tank it and dish it. I feel like the game is on easy mode when I'm play a warrior. Consistent damage, good defense, and no real need for a protector so far (LH runs without a protector is perfectly fine.)

    Bard. Brought an elf up to lvl17, no notable attributes yet so I won't pass judgment. From a priest's perspective, they stole two of our best skills, aoe heal and combat rez. A good support bard provides excellent cover for many incompetent priests.

    Protector isn't fun. Not for me anyway. The lumbering movement graphics just turns me off. I also don't do enough damage quickly. Quit that toon after level 12. They are the only class that can go toe to toe with dungeon mobs without healing or pots though. A lot of respect to anyone who manages to level a protector.

    Vampire has the fastest 1-10 leveling in all the toons that I've tried. Fairly self-sufficient so far. While I haven't decided whether to create a vampire toon for regular play, I now know exactly which race to pick when I need a storage mule in Freedom Harbor.

    Haven't tried assassins. It is the top class choice among the kiddies in any MMORPG. Kids tested, mothers approved wholesome fun. It's way safer than a Red Ryder BB gun...
  • keef1988
    keef1988 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    hjsimp wrote: »
    I don't really see the low level aoe healing to be all that useful. Why waste 8+ talent points on something that has a 4 minute cool down at best? The vanilla skill by itself is enough in a jam if the bard isn't paying attention for a sec or two. Supposedly, there will be a level 70 aoe heal that's a lot more useful.

    I find the priest AoE skill more useful when bosses AoE stun. It can save the party. Or in pvp where you are under stun/silence etc.
    The best part of it does seem to be the working when under such effects. Which is also, I think, why its a 5/4min cooldown. It would be overpowered if you could cast a heal that can't be blocked every 30seconds.

    Hell I even use it on easy instances when I can't be bothered selecting targets lol.

    Every class seems to have a skill like this that has a long cooldown but can change the fight, i.e. Rocky protection on Protector is invincibility on self for 9 seconds. Warriors is a massive defence increase and double crit rate. etc etc.

    Back to the original post, I will be going Storm server. As full divine talent priest. Again lol.
  • deathyy
    deathyy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    thanks for those views :) was fun learning about ur views on each class
  • blue14
    blue14 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I tried out the bard, vamp and mage.

    Didn't like the mage all that much..probably because I always play one and needed a change.

    Got my vamp up to lvl 23, and it was fun. I like the glowing eyes o.o but normally i wouldn't choose undead, but they're clothes looked so cool. I know it's a bad reason to play one, but still. The skills seem pretty cool though. I just hated the masses and masses of vamps though...that's why i switched to bard, just to be different.

    Got my bard up to lvl 28, and i think i'll stick with it. Love the clothes as well lol. but i feel as if it's one of those classes that's there just to fill in all the gaps in instances. a little bit of healing here, damage there, buffing, etc. I like it :)

    I'm not much for dd classes, so haven't tried any of those yet. but i hear warrior is too easy. and i don't like the looks of the stonemen. I have to like what I'm seeing to want to play right?! and assassins....just no.

    As already said, i hate the small bag space..don't have enough room for all the drops and stuff with all the pots i carry because mp drains so quickly, for all the magic classes i find. And they gave us 2 bank extensions, and only 1 bag one? unless there are more in higher lvls...

    But I played on storm and will continue to play on storm.
  • wertoret
    wertoret Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    blue14 wrote: »
    I tried out the bard, vamp and mage.

    Didn't like the mage all that much..probably because I always play one and needed a change.

    Got my vamp up to lvl 23, and it was fun. I like the glowing eyes o.o but normally i wouldn't choose undead, but they're clothes looked so cool. I know it's a bad reason to play one, but still. The skills seem pretty cool though. I just hated the masses and masses of vamps though...that's why i switched to bard, just to be different.

    Got my bard up to lvl 28, and i think i'll stick with it. Love the clothes as well lol. but i feel as if it's one of those classes that's there just to fill in all the gaps in instances. a little bit of healing here, damage there, buffing, etc. I like it :)

    I'm not much for dd classes, so haven't tried any of those yet. but i hear warrior is too easy. and i don't like the looks of the stonemen. I have to like what I'm seeing to want to play right?! and assassins....just no.

    As already said, i hate the small bag space..don't have enough room for all the drops and stuff with all the pots i carry because mp drains so quickly, for all the magic classes i find. And they gave us 2 bank extensions, and only 1 bag one? unless there are more in higher lvls...

    But I played on storm and will continue to play on storm.

    wtf man? the only reason I only play female chars is because they look better and the only reason I played vamp was because they looked elegant LOL.
    "lol" - Anonymous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dracoa79
    dracoa79 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I was on Storm (will be back), played all but Bard, had Vampire (primary) up to level 32, the rest up to level 20. I found all the 1 - 20 leveling to be about equal myself. Only reason I didn't stop at 30 for my Vamp was because the OB date was moved up, so I just said forget it and went all out with him.

    In the end, Vamp is a decent class from my experience. Good damage dealer with a decent heal, and attacks from range, can't really argue with that.

    My first Instance experience though was with my Priest (Human), completely different play style, but I adapted easily. It was as enjoyable hanging back and healing as it was going in and damaging with the other classes.

    In OB I'll likely create a Bard, in addition to the other classes, with Vampire being my primary again.
  • beerxhyper
    beerxhyper Posts: 696 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i haz no clue what i wanna play hume or vamp assassian or elf wwaarrr =D or both hehehe


  • blujeza
    blujeza Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Having been unlucky enough to only get into CB4, I only had the chance to take two different classes past 30 - though another came close.

    Marksman - is by far my most favorite DD class, out of those I've tried. Went immediately with the AOE Burst build, and although it eats through mana like CRAZY (which is a bit ridiculous, really), it has great damage. Only thing you really have to be careful about is dying before you kill all the mobs on you. Still, if you play it right, that's not an issue at all. DoT, AOE (although, 180 degree range is somewhat annoying at times), and that speed buff - what more could you ask for?

    Assassin - really needs to be worked on. The stealth is horrible, and a little pointless, they aren't any good on multiple mobs either. Single mobs, great dmg output. Not so much mana eaters, unless you spam skills - which you kinda have to do. The attack speed isn't that great. Didn't play this one often enough to really give an informed opinion though.

    Bard - one of the best classes, so far. I think. I didn't get her to 30, because I got addicted to my MM :p One thing I liked though, is the versatility. Surprisingly, it has a lot to offer and lot of potential.

    As for OB, I'm going MM first and foremost. Maybe I'll pick up a priest too? Ever since I started MMO's (beginning of WoW, so like....6 years?) I've been a healer. So maybe I'll just take a break, who knows? :)


    Anyways, Marksman is way underappreciated. It's fun. ;)
    IGN: Jexa
    Server: Storm [pve]
    Guild: TBA :D
    Preferred Class: MM
  • hidden30
    hidden30 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hmm, I think I will have a female divine/rebel priest or a male wind/light bard on the Storm server. I may also want to try out a female shadow/venom assassin, but I'm not sure yet. Possibly, I want to make some type of marksman, but not anytime soon.
    "Peace is not a relationship of nations. It is a condition of mind brought about by a serenity of soul. Peace is not merely the absence of war. It is also a state of mind. Lasting peace can come only to peaceful people."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • xsparkx
    xsparkx Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I played Prot, MM, and Vamp but only took my vamp and mm over lvl 30.

    As with the other marksmen who posted, i went aoe burst, just soo much fun and useful for gods trial.

    Prot was kinda standard tank, not rly much special imo.

    Vamp was my fav by far. Blood spec is just insane. I spent most of my instance time healing due to low priest population and seed of life was a godsend. Hopefully in ob people will learn to watch their buffs more and not pot/reheal seeded targets, wastes alot of mp when that happens.

    All in all great classes
  • tenysama
    tenysama Posts: 127
    edited March 2011
    I've been set on vamp, I briefly tried out assassin but I wasn't too thrilled with it's "fill up the bar" mechanic.

    I wanted to try out marksman since they do seem pretty good however I didn't have the time unfortunately since the servers are down till Wednesday afternoon.

    This game is really centered around skill spamming as opposed to melee DPS, i.e. auto-attacking.
  • laydeeviolets
    laydeeviolets Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Human Mage, human warrior when I don't feel like being made of paper :P <3 mages
  • illegalburrito
    illegalburrito Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    hjsimp wrote: »
    Saw a vampire buying garlic bread in chat moments ago...

    I giggled a little.
  • saediina
    saediina Posts: 9
    edited March 2011
    hjsimp wrote: »

    Mage, I love mage classes, but PWE seems to really have problems with balancing the classic magic casters (Serious discrimination going on against mages.) In PWI, no one wants a wizzie except for TW and only if you have -channeling gear with high refines. In BoI, no one wants a wizzie. It's not the players, it's the unfavorable class balance. Though a FW mage get 3 elements to play with and starts to get aoes really early, I still feel that they are underpowered compared to a warrior or an assassin in pure damage output. Priest and marksman have the same range as I do, I don't really kill faster than a vampire, yet I'm squishier than all of them??? Instead of a glass cannon, I feel like a glass peashooter. Maybe a kindred mage feels differently? Maybe things change at level 70? Maybe PWE's chief game designer was once trolled by a guy in wizard robe and hat? I just don't know.

    Love my mage I have either my wolf or turtle out and I can stand toe to toe with mobs 4 to 5 lvls higher then me and as long as I watch the health and have the potions keyed I take them down easy. Standard mobs that is, the elites and named can handle 2 to 3 lvls higher with potions in hand. My mage is aa Kindred mage, planning on remaking her and hitting 30 as fast as possible to restart guild.
  • deathyy
    deathyy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    OOO OB soon weee:P i'll be female elf warrior! name of Smittenkitty hopefully if doesn't get taken lol:) i play female char simply because.. i've noticed females are needed alot for quests in PW's games so thought if i could contribute to that number of Female characters cos be honest wasn't many at start but i think its nearly balanced now but still... Damn couple quests... lol we ain't pixel humpers :(.... yeh soo when OB is up n running feel free to add/ chat.. wont be on a hell of alot due work (not school >.>) n stuff Some of u might know what i'm talking about ^^. soo very good views on bard n priests.. so peeps if ur looking most recommended! also good is warrior, assassins, marksmen.. mages even though their damage is abit low atm but it'll sort it self out :).. vamps its 50/50 on what people think of them! and stone people i ain't heard really anything about lol
This discussion has been closed.