Things People will do waiting for FW Ob

2»

Comments

  • sekkurel
    sekkurel Posts: 46
    edited March 2011
    Playing Bulletstorm to pass the free time
  • ronuble
    ronuble Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    athenafey wrote: »
    i hate to say this. But, that project must be limited if its using C? You must know this right? ^.^

    i can't believe that you're saying that C is limited. lmao -.-
    Low level programming means less limitations and more pro people in the project, not the opposite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elegantforce
    elegantforce Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    athenafey wrote: »
    This is a LOL. You continue to fail me. But you havent really posted anything to disprove my statement. HAHAHA! if you only know what i do for a living...

    We all work at Google/Microsoft/Apple/Facebook/NASA/insertamazingtechnologycompanyhere, on the internet.


    And you have not posted anything to support/prove your "statement". I don't see your list of "limitations".

    If you do know anything at all, you should know that it is the problem trying to be solved what will define the programming language that will be used. And you should know what C is good for, reason of why it is used for some complex applications at the NASA, and many Operative Systems, (like the one you're using to post right now) are written in C, or at least use it somewhere in their code, for example, the Kernel.
  • tenysama
    tenysama Posts: 127
    edited March 2011
    ronuble wrote: »
    i can't believe that you're saying that C is limited. lmao -.-
    Low level programming means less limitations and more pro people in the project, not the opposite.

    This is true.

    I remember when I was learning C (From K&R2), one of their "exercises" was like wtfpwntnocluewhattodo.

    Those programs can be easily done in a lot of other languages because those functions have been added to the standard library.

    However, that's not to say the same function is not available in C, since you could very easily add it to the library yourself, the real challenge is writing the function yourself which isn't always easy.

    I do agree that learning C is a good idea, since it teaches you the hard way to do things, and at least you know that's an option.
  • athenafey
    athenafey Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    We all work at Google/Microsoft/Apple/Facebook/NASA/insertamazingtechnologycompanyhere, on the internet.


    And you have not posted anything to support/prove your "statement". I don't see your list of "limitations".

    If you do know anything at all, you should know that it is the problem trying to be solved what will define the programming language that will be used. And you should know what C is good for, reason of why it is used for some complex applications at the NASA, and many Operative Systems (like the one you're using to post right now) are written in C.

    Limited for me = Less support from the community. Yes we all get some or all of our knowledge on the internet. All modern programing language is a derivative of C. But its not C. If you get this. You wouldnt QQ as much ^.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • athenafey
    athenafey Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    tenysama wrote: »
    This is true.

    I remember when I was learning C (From K&R2), one of their "exercises" was like wtfpwntnocluewhattodo.

    Those programs can be easily done in a lot of other languages because those functions have been added to the standard library.

    However, that's not to say the same function is not available in C, since you could very easily add it to the library yourself, the real challenge is writing the function yourself which isn't always easy.

    I do agree that learning C is a good idea, since it teaches you the hard way to do things, and at least you know that's an option.

    I program in assembly so dont say C is hard. LOL. What im saying is if something is already done dont do it again. Its counter productive.

    ronuble wrote: »
    i can't believe that you're saying that C is limited. lmao -.-
    Low level programming means less limitations and more pro people in the project, not the opposite.
    C isnt a low level language. Low level is when it interacts with the machine directly.
    C is so easy that i started on C when i was 7 so its not that hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bunnypirates
    bunnypirates Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'll play OoT again, study lots of psychology and finish some requests. I wish it was warm already so it would be nice to go out... I haven't seen the sun in ages, stupid winter is stupid. ;O;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    *CB1 player, herp-a-derp.*
    forsakenworldart.deviantart.comJOIN
    Retired; playing a game called life. O:
  • wraithwolf
    wraithwolf Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Guys can we please get back on topic of what you will be doing during the down time not wich is better between c c++ c+++++ cdf cgi cgg yada yada yada... :D
  • tenysama
    tenysama Posts: 127
    edited March 2011
    athenafey wrote: »
    Limited for me = Less support from the community. Yes we all get some or all of our knowledge on the internet. All modern programing language is a derivative of C. But its not C. If you get this. You wouldnt QQ as much ^.^

    He's implying that you make suggestive comments like you're in the know but you give no such back-up to those statements.

    i.e. because you're like LOL IF ONLY U KNEW... == you actually don't know anything because everyone and their dead cat can say things like that on the internet.

    All "modern" languages aren't derived from C actually, I don't know why you make such mundane statements like this if you're a real dev =/

    Also what? The whole point of re-inventing the wheel is so you can understand how/why. There's a huge difference between looking at code and saying "yeah I get it", and then writing it yourself and compiling/running it.
  • salpic
    salpic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hey guys lol well i got a great thing for you all, why don't you apply for Heavenly Guild? lol well i think its a good way to wait for OB. Lol but yeah go apply! heavenlyguild.mmoguildsites.com
    1zdu2kh.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Level: 0
    Human: Warrior
    Guild: Heavenly
    Position: Leader
    Link: heavenlyguild.mmoguildsites.com
  • athenafey
    athenafey Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    tenysama wrote: »
    He's implying that you make suggestive comments like you're in the know but you give no such back-up to those statements.

    i.e. because you're like LOL IF ONLY U KNEW... == you actually don't know anything because everyone and their dead cat can say things like that on the internet.

    All "modern" languages aren't derived from C actually, I don't know why you make such mundane statements like this if you're a real dev =/

    Also what? The whole point of re-inventing the wheel is so you can understand how/why. There's a huge difference between looking at code and saying "yeah I get it", and then writing it yourself and compiling/running it.

    Name one that isnt derived from C? You probably name something thats derived from Q basic? LOL. Thats not the point i was driving at. What im saying is it doesnt mean that something came from something that its the same thing.

    The compiling and running it yourself is a waste of your time. I didnt learn those languages (C, C++, pearl, basic, js, php, assembly) by wasting my time learning the basics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    stuff with my gf that i can't say on here with out getting banned :P
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

    IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin


    One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • blujeza
    blujeza Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    salpic wrote: »
    Hey guys lol well i got a great thing for you all, why don't you apply for Heavenly Guild? lol well i think its a good way to wait for OB. Lol but yeah go apply! heavenlyguild.mmoguildsites.com
    1zdu2kh.png



    salpic... I want your skillz T.T Heavenly has a great look.:p


    Oh wait... and yea, what to do while we wait? Work. :D Ain't it great?

    Go outside, see the sun...
    IGN: Jexa
    Server: Storm [pve]
    Guild: TBA :D
    Preferred Class: MM
  • fallenhawk
    fallenhawk Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    stuff with my gf that i can't say on here with out getting banned :P
    o.o You can't say "playing chess with GF" .
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • salpic
    salpic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    blujeza wrote: »
    salpic... I want your skillz T.T Heavenly has a great look.:p


    Oh wait... and yea, what to do while we wait? Work. :D Ain't it great?

    Go outside, see the sun...

    Well to get those skills u need to join the fun ;D come join Heavenly Nao!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Level: 0
    Human: Warrior
    Guild: Heavenly
    Position: Leader
    Link: heavenlyguild.mmoguildsites.com
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    o.o You can't say "playing chess with GF" .

    if by "chess" you mean i will storm her defense grab her castles and make her queen scream in pleasure then yes i will be playing "chess" with her
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

    IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin


    One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • xfire2010
    xfire2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Probably make threads on the forum about giving us a EU-Eng PvP server which they should give us!

    hehehehe
    IGN:TankOrDIe(cbt nick only )
    Class:Protector
    lvl:55(cbt)
    Guild:Immortals
  • blujeza
    blujeza Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    salpic wrote: »
    Well to get those skills u need to join the fun ;D come join Heavenly Nao!

    Oooh, maybe I will.... Maybe I won't. :D


    I'm still browsing ;)
    IGN: Jexa
    Server: Storm [pve]
    Guild: TBA :D
    Preferred Class: MM
  • laydeeviolets
    laydeeviolets Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    switching out from soy to almond milk wish me luck :O
  • saidje
    saidje Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    We all work at Google/Microsoft/Apple/Facebook/NASA/insertamazingtechnologycompanyhere, on the internet.

    Not me. I'm a grunt.

    I haz cable cutters and know how to use them...

    ...which makes me a Node God :D
    Saidje
    Having a high post count doesn't make you anything in the game.
    Unless you're attempting to kiss up to a GM and you KNOW what that makes you
    . :D
  • progus
    progus Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'll play OoT again, study lots of psychology and finish some requests. I wish it was warm already so it would be nice to go out... I haven't seen the sun in ages, stupid winter is stupid. ;O;

    Well the sun has finally shown up but it's still pretty cold in my country... wish the winter would go away soon :p
  • agartha
    agartha Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Play PW my-en :D or read forums on FW
  • blujeza
    blujeza Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    switching out from soy to almond milk wish me luck :O

    Good luck. Almond Milk is gross o.o

    I vote Rice Milk for the lactose intolerant! *shifty eyes*
    IGN: Jexa
    Server: Storm [pve]
    Guild: TBA :D
    Preferred Class: MM
  • refertome
    refertome Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'll just jump around for 1 day 11hours.
This discussion has been closed.