Disable Click to Move?

maximilious
maximilious Posts: 17 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Technical Support Zone
Me and some friends would like to know how we can disable click to move, because it gets in the way when farming mobs.

Thanks
Post edited by maximilious on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    you can't that i know of. all games ive played are only click to move so w/e game your used is really weird if you do the click to move. and to counter it don't click the screen a billion times just clicking once then choosing an attack does wonders on mobs
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • wertoret
    wertoret Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    certain pay to play very famous MMO has this feature to avoid you to accidentally move whne clicking around bag/quest logs.
    "lol" - Anonymous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • steven198807
    steven198807 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I would like to see a setting to turn off click to move, its so horbile when you do it by mirstake.
    Also would like to see keyboard turning aswell.
  • max400
    max400 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I AGREE completely that we do need mouse or keyboard movement option.All the online games i have played have had the choice of using mouse control or keyboard.Also was surprised that Q & E are not used for turn direction controls like almost every other game does.
  • hidden30
    hidden30 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Have you used the "tab" button to target monsters? This kinda helps when you want to grind on monsters, without stopping often.
    "Peace is not a relationship of nations. It is a condition of mind brought about by a serenity of soul. Peace is not merely the absence of war. It is also a state of mind. Lasting peace can come only to peaceful people."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • skuallpw
    skuallpw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Forsaken world is running on PW engine

in PWI u can disable the click to move , and u can move with WASD .........so huh?

will be easy to implement ...........copy paste from PWI to FW and tada........
  • xephona
    xephona Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You basically have two options if you want to disable click-to-move.
    1.) Learn chinese, go to wanmei forums and beg them in their native tongue to add this.
    2.) Go play PWI
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=76401
  • negativac
    negativac Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I find it hard to target someone too because of this click to move.
    And if you add the delays when targeting its realy annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • forewm
    forewm Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    skuallpw wrote: »
    Forsaken world is running on PW engine

in PWI u can disable the click to move , and u can move with WASD .........so huh?

will be easy to implement ...........copy paste from PWI to FW and tada........

Or even just make it so right click only targets mobs/players/targettable objects. It's not like my right mouse button is being used for anything else and I'm constantly trying to right click mobs anyway because I'm used to my World of Warcraft set up where it would also start my auto attack . XD
  • xgnarls
    xgnarls Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    They seriously need to put in an option to disable the "Click to move" feature soon. It ruins the game for me.
  • mirrai
    mirrai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If not maybe give light effect to to target where your pointer go, so you know that your click would confirm target instead of move to that ground. :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Average player age on FW currently
    (0 ~ 17)23,4% - (17~20)31,2% - (21~30)19,5% - (30~40)4,7% - (70+)0,8% - (unknown)20,3%
    There were over 64 thread asking FW download and date, Currently there 28 Guild available for you
    I haven't update the information above.
    If you are wondering how to access ignore list =http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist=
  • Elayeth - Eyrda
    Elayeth - Eyrda Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I agree, I've played games like this before that had click to move and it was so frustrating. I've found a way to simulate fluid turning by pretty much constantly holding down the right mouse button when moving around but this click to move thing is sooooooo annoying when I want to click on someone or something. The game looks great so far but I fear if the option to remove click to move isn't added soon then it may ruin the game for me.
  • malachiad
    malachiad Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I've been installing, uninstalling, and repeating that process since Forsaken World came out. Click-to-move being the only form of movement is the only reason I haven't stayed. I feel this game has a huge potential, but it's movement doesn't cater to every player type.
  • dylucan1
    dylucan1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Bump please give us disable click to move function.
    Btw i cant imagine pvp with this "uber pro" click to move function !
  • Cressela - Storm Legion
    Cressela - Storm Legion Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I agree, I would love to see an option for click to move to be disabled. It makes for trying to click on party members terrible, messy work when you mis-click and run into mobs, then get brutally bludgeoned to death because you're a squishy Priest.
  • kif
    kif Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I hate click to move. I hate this whole control scheme, really. It's garbage.
    Play Frugal
  • waiting4rsw
    waiting4rsw Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    you can't that i know of. all games ive played are only click to move so w/e game your used is really weird if you do the click to move. and to counter it don't click the screen a billion times just clicking once then choosing an attack does wonders on mobs

"all game that you've played are click to move"? what..
    Then you havnt played very many games....click to move is annoying, odd, and totally foreign to me. Both mouse buttons held down is standard, leaving the keyboard open for keybinds.
    Click to move leaves your hand available for keybinds but constantly clicking is just odd.
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    "all game that you've played are click to move"? what..
    Then you havnt played very many games....click to move is annoying, odd, and totally foreign to me. Both mouse buttons held down is standard, leaving the keyboard open for keybinds.
    Click to move leaves your hand available for keybinds but constantly clicking is just odd.

obviously you haven't played many games if you think click to move is annoying and i've played other games where you use the arrows or wasd to move and i've done pretty good in those games since making that post get used to them or get out are your 2 options but since your posting a comment to an old comment i made im guessing your gonna go with the latter and not the former.
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • Patty_ - Eyrda
    Patty_ - Eyrda Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well, sometimes click-to-move is annoying regardless how many games out there use it.
  • PepperMintStik - Storm Legion
    PepperMintStik - Storm Legion Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    any chance we could do away with the number = hotkeys too? id much rather have the skill panel open and click each skill. then my numbers wouldnt be all muddled with usefulness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]