What is Difference?

sreckoo
sreckoo Posts: 18 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
What is difference for Pvp And Pve? Can we play Pvp arena or 3vs3 matches at Pve? Or just kill some bosses and mobs? Im little confused about these things.Hope u can help me :)
Post edited by sreckoo on

Comments

• ylanday69
    ylanday69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    you can do arenas guild wars and even flag yourself for open pvp on the PVE server, only thing it lacks is the ability to be camped and ganked over n over.
  • namestakenffs
    namestakenffs Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ylanday69 wrote: »
    you can do arenas guild wars and even flag yourself for open pvp on the PVE server, only thing it lacks is the ability to be camped and ganked over n over.

Correction: PVP servers lack predictability. PVE servers let you hide like a carebear.
  • hidden30
    hidden30 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Correction: PVP servers lack predictability. PVE servers let you hide like a carebear.

There is nothing wrong with a PVE server. Yes it's true that you can expect some predictability, by not getting randomly ganked, but that doesn't make you a "carebear" if you want to be on that server. It's all just a preferece; some players like the ability of being able to quest or roam freely without being pk'd randomly, so they join a PVE server. Others like the thrill of being attacked at any moment, so they join a PVP server. All of this "carebear" name calling is really childish.

"Peace is not a relationship of nations. It is a condition of mind brought about by a serenity of soul. Peace is not merely the absence of war. It is also a state of mind. Lasting peace can come only to peaceful people."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    hidden30 wrote: »

There is nothing wrong with a PVE server. Yes it's true that you can expect some predictability, by not getting randomly ganked, but that doesn't make you a "carebear" if you want to be on that server. It's all just a preferece; some players like the ability of being able to quest or roam freely without being pk'd randomly, so they join a PVE server. Others like the thrill of being attacked at any moment, so they join a PVP server. All of this "carebear" name calling is really childish.

agreed
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • sesheenku
    sesheenku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    agreed

Indeed, the poor MATURE PvP'ers that are stereotyped cause of moronic posts due to a simple preference, seriously namestaken grow up you make all the PvP'ers look bad (before you call me a carebear I'll be joining Eryda) I'm just not an idiot that insults people for preference. Stop making the rest of us look bad cause you gotta post stupid remarks.

Sorry to be rude but like seriously this is why PvE people hate us. Cause of immature prats like you. once again sorry to flame but this is sickening.
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15047437000&dateline=1290559725[/SIGPIC]
    Made by me ;D

-> I'm no longer in that guild but I'm a bit lazy to change my sig which I made anyways.
  • enishi2
    enishi2 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    sesheenku wrote: »
    Indeed, the poor MATURE PvP'ers that are stereotyped cause of moronic posts due to a simple preference, seriously namestaken grow up you make all the PvP'ers look bad (before you call me a carebear I'll be joining Eryda) I'm just not an idiot that insults people for preference. Stop making the rest of us look bad cause you gotta post stupid remarks.

Sorry to be rude but like seriously this is why PvE people hate us. Cause of immature prats like you. once again sorry to flame but this is sickening.

he merely responding to the poster above him
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I only call people carebears those that refuse any sort of PvP whatsoever, not just random gank PK. Meaning, never flag for PK on PvE server, never go arena, duel or join a war. Carebear is fitting for those :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sesheenku
    sesheenku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    agreed
    enishi2 wrote: »
    he merely responding to the poster above him

I quoted night to say indeed the rest of the post is directed to namestakenffs

@Tyanara that makes sense but that guy is lumping em all up in one just like PvE people lump all PvP'ers into griefing camping gankers.
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15047437000&dateline=1290559725[/SIGPIC]
    Made by me ;D

-> I'm no longer in that guild but I'm a bit lazy to change my sig which I made anyways.
  • edi
    edi Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    since Im sick and tired of this BS on forum lemme try explain u...

1. Pure PvE player - guy/girl who wants to enjoy story that game contains. He/She read almost every quest and enjoy in killing mobs and solving quests. Hate to be "ganked" aka pked cuz he/she feels that is personal. More then half of them will involve themselves in talking with person that pk him/her. Sum of them are RP, sum arent. This player is closer to concept of pure RPG and not MMORPG. In MMORPG u must calculate that there are other players with different goals. If symbody`s goal is to RPK, then why feel offended and why take it personal? These ppl usually dont play over 4-6h per day and are online when most important events r on.

2. RP PvE-PvP players - They like stories and enjoing them. They put themself in sum role and they are living it in the game. U can say daydreamer but it wont touch them. More then half of them r peacefull, but there r sum that wants to be "prince" that saved the princess so they will go for PvP.

3. Casual players - Almost all of them r pure PvE. 1st word says all. They dont have time to play lot more and when they play, they want to enjoy the game. Usually they dont play more then 2h per day.

4. Wanna-be-pvpers - These ppl r just wanna-be. They come for little adrenaline. When fight is on, they just press few buttons. When they lose they say: lag, need to change keyboard, I didnt watch...etc etc etc. They will re-think everytime when guild calls them for PvP/PK/GvG. In 2 words: useless players.

5. RPK-ers - Lot of ppl say that they have problems in RL. I think that its more complex and that every case is subjective. Here we can globalize RPK-ers. Every single one of them have their reason why they doing it. This is most hatred class of players. Not only PvE ppl hate them, all PvP ppl that value good fight hate them also. They will almost never QQ when they get ganked but will enjoy other ppl QQs. This is one of the bad thing that MMORPG produced.

6. Pure PvP player - He is here for competition. He is not interested in RPK. He is interested in guild enemies or personnal KOS. He will kill red name, especially if it is RPK-er. He never go RPK cuz its not his goal. He playes PvE untill sumthing comes up.

7. My-goal player - This is player that puts himself in front of everything. U cant say if he is PvE or PvP. He have goal and he will achieve it, no matter what. So he is there for PvE as same as he is for PvP. They usually ask for guild to serve their purpose but very rarely they will help it. These ppl r not used to share anything but will accept any kind of gift.

P.S. There r few more categories but they can be easily found under mentioned ones. So no need to make more.
  • namestakenffs
    edited March 2011
    Carebear:
    Someone who cries when PKed.
    Someone who does not play games with open PK/PVP.
    Someone who cries when killed for any reason tbh.

It's just a game get over it. All these complaints about being "camped" are seriously overblown. I have never had a problem, though I had a problem with my exp going negative in L2 from party vs 1-2 ganks I never whined about it like a two year old.

You are carebears... accept it and move on!
  • illegalburrito
    illegalburrito Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011

You are carebears... accept it and move on!

care-bear-stare-6208-1286896884-114.jpg
  • nightwolf200
    edited March 2011
    dude seriously campers are the worst of all pkers and if you aren't experiencing them then its cuz your a high level or not on when the campers are on. trust me they do exist if you don't believe me go look at Trolls kills a bunch of them are from camping
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

• llsymourll
    llsymourll Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    lol..like yland said

to pvp in pve server both parts of the pvp need to flag them self for pvp and then fight , of course u can not go red in pve server , and u can do arena..guild wars..etc etc

ehm as for the flaming going on , personally iam a pvp server player always have been and always will be , but as edi have said there are a lot of kinds of gamers

so don't flame each other over wat other ppl Enjoy...lol

some ppl hate getting ganged or pked whenever

personally , if i get pked whenever or get ganked then in my mind it means 1 of the following

1-its my fault that my gear or skill was not good enough to over power them.
    2-if my gear was EPIC and skill too , and i died still cuse i just got too out numbered then well , thats what friends or guild is for :D if a group wants to gank u , get ppl and kill them back! lmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Idiot:
    Someone who constantly flames and trolls.
    Someone who thinks his opinion is irrefutable fact.
    Someone who thinks his experiences are everyone's experiences.

It's just a game get over it. All my complaints about people being "carebears" are seriously overblown. I have never had a problem, so I believe no one else has either, and when someone says they have I whine about it like a two year old.

I am an idiot... accept it and move on!

Fix'd.
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • arkenea1
    arkenea1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Fix'd.

Umadbro?

Anyway, from that "fix" that you made, do you mean to say you're an idiot as well and accept it?
  • billbob2
    billbob2 Posts: 26
    edited March 2011
    Personally I think all of you so-called "hardcore pvp" players (yeah right, i bet you go and cry like a carebear if you get ganked or camped) are just immature little prats who like to flex their tiny little e-peens on the internet (bcos your real life peen is f**ken tiny).

Who are you to say that PvP is better then PvE?? I think some of the people in this topic, namely namestakenffs, either a) have severe brain/head injuries b) were neglected as a child and weren't breastfed enough, or c) lack any sort of insight into what a game is. A game is purely for peoples' enjoyment, if someone enjoys PvE then that is their way of enjoying said game. And then the little f**kstain PvP players come along thinking they are all that because they play on a PvP server... newsflash fools - PvE realms almost always have a higher population then your *cough cough bullsh*t* godly PvP servers.

I'm almost thinking people with the attitude of namestakenffs are closet carebears, they come on here bashing PvE players, but have an alt on the PvE server for when things get beyond their limited skill level on the PvP server... maybe the day you move out of your folks basement and get a job, a family, and a clue, you will wake up and see that you sir are a f**king moronic little c**t
  • nightwolf200
    edited March 2011
    Troll:
    Someone who cries when dissed and makes arguements personal when proven wrong in the most embarrasing way.
    Someone who flames like a straight guy at a **** bar.
    Someone who insults peoples intelligence to make them feel superior.

I am a Troll...and when i get pwned on forums i cry into my pillow

corrected it for you and your welcome :D
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]

• arkenea1
    edited March 2011
    billbob2 wrote: »
    Personally I think all of you so-called "hardcore pvp" players (yeah right, i bet you go and cry like a carebear if you get ganked or camped) are just immature little prats who like to flex their tiny little e-peens on the internet (bcos your real life peen is f**ken tiny).

Who are you to say that PvP is better then PvE?? I think some of the people in this topic, namely namestakenffs, either a) have severe brain/head injuries b) were neglected as a child and weren't breastfed enough, or c) lack any sort of insight into what a game is. A game is purely for peoples' enjoyment, if someone enjoys PvE then that is their way of enjoying said game. And then the little f**kstain PvP players come along thinking they are all that because they play on a PvP server... newsflash fools - PvE realms almost always have a higher population then your *cough cough bullsh*t* godly PvP servers.

I'm almost thinking people with the attitude of namestakenffs are closet carebears, they come on here bashing PvE players, but have an alt on the PvE server for when things get beyond their limited skill level on the PvP server... maybe the day you move out of your folks basement and get a job, a family, and a clue, you will wake up and see that you sir are a f**king moronic little c**t

Please don't think of all PvP players like that. It just ends up being a constant cycle of hate.
    I love PvP, but I know that some people may not even like PvP in the slightest bit (though in some games, PvP is way superior to PvE due to the fact that the PvE is a joke.)

Also, @ Nightwolf: Are you an idiot? Do you know the meanings of the term "Troll"? I must say, you must be seriously butthurt.
  • namestakenffs
    edited March 2011
    dude seriously campers are the worst of all pkers and if you aren't experiencing them then its cuz your a high level or not on when the campers are on. trust me they do exist if you don't believe me go look at Trolls kills a bunch of them are from camping

Go figure, I have been PKed less on my low level alts/subclasses in the games I played.

The only game I ever had a problem in was RF and to a lesser extent WoW, but I still had no problem leveling. Someone's QQing too much. You die, you respawn, if they're still there stfu and go somewhere else!
  • arkenea1
    edited March 2011
    Go figure, I have been PKed less on my low level alts/subclasses in the games I played.

The only game I ever had a problem in was RF and to a lesser extent WoW, but I still had no problem leveling. Someone's QQing too much. You die, you respawn, if they're still there stfu and go somewhere else!

Lol. I've never been successfully pked in WoW. Might've been because my shaman could wreck a Paladin in, at most, 10 seconds.
  • negativac
    negativac Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Those forums are a lot more fun then game.:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • woefieke
    woefieke Posts: 22
    edited March 2011
    why does everyone hate the carebears? im a caring bear and i go pvp :D so do you hate me then?
  • sekkurel
    sekkurel Posts: 46
    edited March 2011
    tyanara wrote: »
    I only call people carebears those that refuse any sort of PvP whatsoever, not just random gank PK. Meaning, never flag for PK on PvE server, never go arena, duel or join a war. Carebear is fitting for those :P
    I prefer to be called a carebear rather then a prick PvPer like you
  • wertoret
    wertoret Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    metakenffs dude seriously stop you have more than 3 people against you, if you don't want to go sleep crying my advice is that you stop voicing your opinion, no matter how valuable the freedom of speech right is for you.
    "lol" - Anonymous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • keef1988
    keef1988 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The most annoying PVP people are those on the PvE server crying at everyone to flag themselves and calling everyone carebears and how "pro" they are.
    I'm sure this game will have a few eventually. :P
    Their point is ridiculous seen as they are so "Pro" hiding on the pve server.
    Even the random Pk'rs are less annoying camping ppl who don't stand a chance. At least those people joined the pvp server, even if they do whine at being killed, they choose to make themselve vulnerable to being camped.
  • fr0stfang
    fr0stfang Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    PvE IS for carebears and is ruining the whole point of MMO. PvE makes it "lets gang on poor monsters together, while ignoring the quests" U're not enjoying the quest content, you're not enjoying the interaction with other players, u're just making it easier for yourself to SURVIVE a game. Congratulations, u're a carebear. PvE server is like playing "Contra" with an army of bots behind you. You'd reach the end without firing a bullet and be proud of yourself.

And no, i'm not a ganker, i'm not a PKer, hell, i'm not even a PvPer, but I like PvP servers and hate seeing a game's population split up into 10 servers/channels. I prefer PvP cause it's interesting. I don't enjoy preying on the weak, but I like fighting the gankers, clearing the campers with buncha rookies like myself. Thats what MMO's are about... putting up with other people's ****. If you hate dealing with annoying PvPers, then MMO's aren't for you.

And it's really fun to see all you brave adventurers here on the forum, spitting over those who make you whine in game. PvPers don't whine, they make you whine and thats why u're keeping your distance. I'm not a PvPer, but i'm rather of with them then with you FW offline players. If you wanna explore the wilderness and collect honey from sleeping bears, join the boy-scouts, not an MMO.
  • wertoret
    edited March 2011
    fr0stfang wrote: »
    PvE IS for carebears and is ruining the whole point of MMO. PvE makes it "lets gang on poor monsters together, while ignoring the quests" U're not enjoying the quest content, you're not enjoying the interaction with other players, u're just making it easier for yourself to SURVIVE a game. Congratulations, u're a carebear. PvE server is like playing "Contra" with an army of bots behind you. You'd reach the end without firing a bullet and be proud of yourself.

And no, i'm not a ganker, i'm not a PKer, hell, i'm not even a PvPer, but I like PvP servers and hate seeing a game's population split up into 10 servers/channels. I prefer PvP cause it's interesting. I don't enjoy preying on the weak, but I like fighting the gankers, clearing the campers with buncha rookies like myself. Thats what MMO's are about... putting up with other people's ****. If you hate dealing with annoying PvPers, then MMO's aren't for you.

And it's really fun to see all you brave adventurers here on the forum, spitting over those who make you whine in game. PvPers don't whine, they make you whine and thats why u're keeping your distance. I'm not a PvPer, but i'm rather of with them then with you FW offline players. If you wanna explore the wilderness and collect honey from sleeping bears, join the boy-scouts, not an MMO.

look, if you want to fight against each other players I heard there is a popular game called call of duty where if you have a kill:death ratio below 1.5 you're trash.

sadly, this is a role-playing game and it's completely false that PvE players don't read the quest logs, some do, some don't, I bet PvP players requires to be capped out in level before they can enjoy the game, thus they must speed up the EXP gaining and skip any questlog reading, reaching the highest level asap.

being a role-playing game means you assume a role, it's not a competitive game like counter strike or starcraft II where it all goes down to 1 versus 1 matches in equal conditions and the one with better reflexes and/or younger has the advantatge to win the game, in a role-playing game you assume to role of a character, build up a wealth, a commuinity, enjoy the stories and landscapes, become stronger to face more challenges.

if this was a totally PvP oriented game, heck, remove levels, gears, any kind of progression, make it lobby based, 1v1, 2v2, 5v5 and up to 10v10, all with awesome gear, all skills, and just let them kill each other, the only rewards for doing so is a score that will affect one worldwide ranking, giving NOTHING at all.

*I do believe I have been trolled*
    "lol" - Anonymous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fr0stfang
    fr0stfang Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    wertoret wrote: »
    look, if you want to fight against each other players I heard there is a popular game called call of duty where if you have a kill:death ratio below 1.5 you're trash.

sadly, this is a role-playing game and it's completely false that PvE players don't read the quest logs, some do, some don't, I bet PvP players requires to be capped out in level before they can enjoy the game, thus they must speed up the EXP gaining and skip any questlog reading, reaching the highest level asap.

being a role-playing game means you assume a role, it's not a competitive game like counter strike or starcraft II where it all goes down to 1 versus 1 matches in equal conditions and the one with better reflexes and/or younger has the advantatge to win the game, in a role-playing game you assume to role of a character, build up a wealth, a commuinity, enjoy the stories and landscapes, become stronger to face more challenges.

if this was a totally PvP oriented game, heck, remove levels, gears, any kind of progression, make it lobby based, 1v1, 2v2, 5v5 and up to 10v10, all with awesome gear, all skills, and just let them kill each other, the only rewards for doing so is a score that will affect one worldwide ranking, giving NOTHING at all.

*I do believe I have been trolled*
    What you said would make sense...if they actually were paying attention to the content and if the content was actually good. But we all know 95% of the players never read quests. So they're avoiding other players, they're avoiding the content, they're just trying to reach the end of the game... They're basically surviving inside a game they choose to play themselves. Those people don't know how to enjoy things. Which wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't for them being a majority. The best mmo i played had no pvp/pve servers. It was politics, corruption, drama all the time.
    PvPers at least enjoy the player interactions.... what do those people on PvE enjoy ?
    The quest "help me, i was bitten by a werewolf, i'm dying, go to some random girl in town, thats my only chance"...then they find that random girl and she's like "i don't care, let him die" *quest completed* I don't know what worse...if they actually read the quests here or avoid them.

Nonetheless, you seem like a reasonable person, so I don't consider you part of that crowd. I respect that people who wanna enjoy the content and dislike player interaction wanna play this as a living RPG...but those "survivors" are just wasting their own time. I'd like them more serving as cannon-fodder on a PvP server then have a low-populated one.
  • wertoret
    edited March 2011
    fr0stfang wrote: »
    What you said would make sense...if they actually were paying attention to the content and if the content was actually good. But we all know 95% of the players never read quests. So they're avoiding other players, they're avoiding the content, they're just trying to reach the end of the game... They're basically surviving inside a game they choose to play themselves. Those people don't know how to enjoy things. Which wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't for them being a majority. The best mmo i played had no pvp/pve servers. It was politics, corruption, drama all the time.
    PvPers at least enjoy the player interactions.... what do those people on PvE enjoy ?
    The quest "help me, i was bitten by a werewolf, i'm dying, go to some random girl in town, thats my only chance"...then they find that random girl and she's like "i don't care, let him die" *quest completed* I don't know what worse...if they actually read the quests here or avoid them.

Nonetheless, you seem like a reasonable person, so I don't consider you part of that crowd. I respect that people who wanna enjoy the content and dislike player interaction wanna play this as a living RPG...but those "survivors" are just wasting their own time. I'd like them more serving as cannon-fodder on a PvP server then have a low-populated one.

I do believe some quests are actually quite good, many of them are "... so then everybodi daid, kthxbai teh edn." types of quests that denote poor writing, but I bet some people read the logs anyways.

also, I never seen those people whose only objective is to "survive in the game" well, what do they enjoy from the game then?

and PvP is not the metagame, I do believe getting into a guild and having a group of people (aka community) helping each other, building up relationships and eventually beating the hardest challenges of the game is another aim of the game and that doesn't require you to be in a PvP server.

if PvE servers are populated by the ones you name then we have a problem, but as far as I seen, the so commonly named "carebears" don't seem to appear at least not in Storm, where I frequent.
    "lol" - Anonymous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • saidje
    saidje Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    tyanara wrote: »

Wrong.

I prefer not to engage in those activities because I really don't have the time to chase after what I consider ephemeral, fleeting, and pointless "reputation".

However, in RL don't try slapping me as I'm more than likely to punch you square in the face.

I play games for relaxation and taking out any "road rage" type emotion on non-humans.

So now we have three different class of players - PvP/PK, PvE/PvP, and PvE only.

Again, people in any of the camps will never be able to understand the motivations of the other.

Imho separate PvP servers and PvE servers - with permission based PvP - serve all camps, each with members who have money to spend.

Which is the one motivation we should all be able to agree on - the game company needs money to provide the game, therefore all tastes that can be supplied must be to gain the most ROI.

Saidje
    Saidje
    Having a high post count doesn't make you anything in the game.
    Unless you're attempting to kiss up to a GM and you KNOW what that makes you
    . :D
This discussion has been closed.