why so lag?

eldaz
eldaz Posts: 13
edited March 2011 in Technical Support Zone
i very lagging and i dont think my pc requirement not enough coz i using i5 processor with ATI 5850 Graphic card.

My location - Malaysia

My ping - normally will 500ms-600ms but sometimes can go until 1k ms with server,,

is it my location not good enough to play this game :( ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nervina
    nervina Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I am lagging too... Because this game engine is so crappppp....
  • eldaz
    edited February 2011
    i think so..coz i got play another global online game too..but is not SUPER LAG UNTIL like this.if keep going like this i will not participate in ob...coz is a super lag and make me frust and no mood to play
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    If you are in a busy location, i.e. freedom harbor, you can change a channel to lower the lag, or turn off settings to avoid it. Also note the game's servers are in the US only at the moment, with a European server opening in Open Beta and if you are playing from Asia you will most likely lag badly as a result of that.
  • eldaz
    edited February 2011
    erm i already lowest graphic but my ping still 800ms and i dun think my graphic cant handle this game.you trust me, my pc performance too hardcore.I also got play Guild War,Silkroad and WoW but there is no lag for me even i stay in asia.is it this game build only for US player and not for asia ppl ? super hardcore lag dude u should check and try to solve about that.
  • wholemeal
    wholemeal Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    you dont say, even if the server located in China wont help at all. im from singapore, and has been playing the China version , MS is always around 800 ms ~ 1k ms+++ basically cant play at heart's content, the realm doesnt help much with the ms.

i have abandoned the chinese FW at lvl 59 and gonna give this version of FW a try.
  • eldaz
    edited February 2011
    some ppl say this game have lousy game engine.. that y lagging
  • tatuxx
    tatuxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Is there an exact date when Europe gets an own server? Is it gonna come at the same time with Open beta (9.3)?
    My Forsaken World character:

Server: Illyfue EU
    Race: Elf
    Class: Priest
    Level: Over 25
  • sinnerbynature
    sinnerbynature Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    the problem is your too far away from the server. i mostly get between 30-34 ms speed at normal time. 100-300 ms when it is overloaded and 15-16 ms when it is the downtime. and i live close to the east servers. so yea 500-1000 ms would be normal unless they start a server in asia
  • apply1
    apply1 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i see people here mistaken with graphic lag which is crowded places etc, with ping and internet lag.
    i have major lag, internet wise, im not that far away from the servers i think they should improve the lag spikes, as i play alot of other games and dont get anywhere near as much lag as on FW.
    again, it is NOT graphic lags.
  • namestakenffs
    namestakenffs Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    apply1 wrote: »
    i see people here mistaken with graphic lag which is crowded places etc, with ping and internet lag.
    i have major lag, internet wise, im not that far away from the servers i think they should improve the lag spikes, as i play alot of other games and dont get anywhere near as much lag as on FW.
    again, it is NOT graphic lags.

PWE games always have net lag, and massive Engine (cpu) lag because of how poorly it's coded.

If people can't tell the difference oh well. They'll still be calling tech support in 20 years asking how to turn the pc off.
  • marcintes
    marcintes Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    im from Philippines and i experience graphic lag. as in major framing.

my specs not enough?

proc: AMD Phenom II X4 945
    vcard: Powercolor HD6850 256bit 1024mb GDDR5
    ram: 4gig G.Skill Ripjaws-X DDR3 1333mhz

i am confused if i would continue suffering this framing hell or will just quit :confused:
  • ebolas
    ebolas Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Like you said 500 to 600 ms are the true reason of your lag issue. With this ping you get packet lost of minimum 30 % this is causing spikes in packet transmits. You r just to far away from the server! Did you try some other with lower ping rates ?