Boring PvE? Sad joke?

2»

Comments

  • dreamcmyk
    dreamcmyk Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Runes of Magic is the WORST example to use. I'm coming here from Runes, and I have a 62/50 (formerly 62/62) endgame scout that is in the top PVE guild on my server...We've cleared all the instances and have been waiting for new content and class balance for over 2 months. Here is how the new endgame dungeons go: start fight, dps, immune, boss dead. Usually within ~10 seconds or so. The game is so out of balance now, it's become a shadow of what it once was. If you only played ch. 2, and not ch. 3, imagine these numbers for a player; 80k hp, 52k patk, 7k damage. The only reason I log in anymore is siege, but even then it's full of hackers/exploiters, so it's useless too.

    I disagree with what the op posted, I find the PVE here to be refreshing. It's not the most original, it doesn't greatly improve on what's out there, but it's fun, and for me that's all that matters. I just did the first "instance" here (the fort one), and while not challenging, it was really fun to see everyone contribute.
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    dreamcmyk wrote: »
    Runes of Magic is the WORST example to use. I'm coming here from Runes, and I have a 62/50 (formerly 62/62) endgame scout that is in the top PVE guild on my server...We've cleared all the instances and have been waiting for new content and class balance for over 2 months. Here is how the new endgame dungeons go: start fight, dps, immune, boss dead. Usually within ~10 seconds or so. The game is so out of balance now, it's become a shadow of what it once was. If you only played ch. 2, and not ch. 3, imagine these numbers for a player; 80k hp, 52k patk, 7k damage. The only reason I log in anymore is siege, but even then it's full of hackers/exploiters, so it's useless too.

    I disagree with what the op posted, I find the PVE here to be refreshing. It's not the most original, it doesn't greatly improve on what's out there, but it's fun, and for me that's all that matters. I just did the first "instance" here (the fort one), and while not challenging, it was really fun to see everyone contribute.
    I quit before chapter 3.

    I exactly said RoM was the most fun experience in chapter 2 and don't you agree? Those were some epic dungeons imo especially Hall of Survivors.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gustavomesquita
    gustavomesquita Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Do a little bit of research of how you can gain soul coins, coins and leafs. Then, wich gears are most important on higher levels and how much money you can gain, based on your friends opinions.

    And do some math.

    Obviously you will not expect a easy game with THREE money types.

    But then again, we should talk how bad this game Is optimized first, before we enter Into such details. (Massive-PvP wise.)
    [Add smth cool here]
  • dapyx1
    dapyx1 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    tyanara wrote: »
    I quit before chapter 3.

    I exactly said RoM was the most fun experience in chapter 2 and don't you agree? Those were some epic dungeons imo especially Hall of Survivors.

    If you were trying to be the first do do Mystic Altar in CH I, Cyc, KS, TT, Dwarfs, you wre realizing that they were long and very tough instances. And was challenging because not everything was tank and spank. The same goes for HOTO, HOS, ZS and DS in CH II. At least, it took some months before the best guilds cleared ZS and DS.

    Chapter III kind of sucks, but mainly because of imbalance.

    And instances in Allods are a lot nicer. Not to mention instances in some p2p games.
  • sekkurel
    sekkurel Posts: 46
    edited March 2011
    Yeah i played RoM too and HoS was one of the most fun and challenging instance when i stopped playing .... it took around 2 3 hours to finish it all and that was the perfect run ( no wipes no deaths every1 had pots etc + was epicly geared )
  • Dryades - Illyfue
    Dryades - Illyfue Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    dapyx1 wrote: »
    Mister Smart, at the end of CB3 most of my guildies were lvl 50. Lvl 50 was lvl cap. Now lvl cap is 60 and most of my fellow guildies are 50+.

    They said endgame instances do suck.

    In OB lvl cap will be 70 and we will be grinding some months just to reach that lvl. Are you saying that they will release some challenging content until then?

    Also, endgame is what lvl cap is. Sorry to say that for you.

    I guess almost all of you are coming from other Perfect World games, and this game is marvelous. Well, if you played some western MMMOs, not only p2p, some free, you understand what I'm talking about.

    If you have played only grinding f2p asian MMOS, I expect you to say what you were saying.

    /Nooo over

    Aaaaw you really think 50 is endgame here? LOL.. how cute, might want to stop sounding rather fail now.
  • Amastacia - Storm Legion
    Amastacia - Storm Legion Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    useless thread necro ftw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chokolatozo
    chokolatozo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    dapyx1 wrote: »
    I didn't do much in CB4, but FR, EC, Tomb, Lighthouse are sad jokes. Come on, I tanked full Lighthouse with 31 warrior and without uber gear. And we did it in less than 45 minutes.

    I really hope for the PvE players out there that endgame will have some challenges. I played games where the strongest people from the server worked months to figure out a strategy to clear newest instances.

    Where instances if you play at the level intended are very tough, where you have to use your brains and have to work a strategy to clear instances and kill bosses. This is only tank and spank.

    Games where you have to have skilled players and with good gears to clear instances. Games where you have to play 2-3-4 hours to clear an instance.

    This is sad, no need for a strategy, instances are really short, 5-6 bosses crowded in a small area, even thrash mobs are no brains regular mobs and everyone can kill them very fast. No elite mobs, no bosses with special attacks, small world, small instances, everything tank and spank, why would anyone be excited?

    Make instances with long walks, many tough elite mobs, very tough bosses, instances that will require to have good gear, good players and a good party play to clear in several hours.

    This is no challenge, every instance is too short and no need for brains and strategy, everything is tank and spank.

    Why would hardcore PvE players play the game? They need tough challenges.



    thah is 100% true, fw is a game for childs.. so check this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FO42KkcNbg

    that is a REAL instance.. this game is awesome (not for child 12 year old)

    look this strategy boss:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxvX1lEwCn4

    center-close-out .... that is a REAL GAME..

    ps: my guild have 2 month trying pass 3th boss on this instance but is hard really is SO HARD.
    and the LVL CAP is just 42.. they dont ened 120 lvl to make instance for ppl with brain.... i just can imagine a 10 year old child thinking he is ALUCARD ahahaha * oh oh im a vampire ill suck ur blood* pfff
  • Sscarry - Storm Legion
    Sscarry - Storm Legion Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think the instances were fun so far up to LH (which I have not cleared) to be pretty interesting the first couple times around while learning.

    But after completely mastering the instance like Tomb of Glory, I find myself just going through the motions as I know what to expect at each part.

    The same goes for levelling as I find myself doing the same stuff daily now and have gotten myself a list of stuff to do.

    I hope I won't have to keep this up for months maxing my toon, but at least give us more dynamic stuff to do which helps towards levelling.

    The events are great, but I find that they are not worth the time compared to levelling quests which are boring...

    So, I don't know whats missing here what you guys and girls think?
    HEAVENLY - Glacial Priest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    heavenlyguild.mmoguildsites.com
  • masterblackbob
    masterblackbob Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    dapyx1 wrote: »
    I didn't do much in CB4, but FR, EC, Tomb, Lighthouse are sad jokes. Come on, I tanked full Lighthouse with 31 warrior and without uber gear. And we did it in less than 45 minutes.

    I really hope for the PvE players out there that endgame will have some challenges. I played games where the strongest people from the server worked months to figure out a strategy to clear newest instances.

    Where instances if you play at the level intended are very tough, where you have to use your brains and have to work a strategy to clear instances and kill bosses. This is only tank and spank.

    Games where you have to have skilled players and with good gears to clear instances. Games where you have to play 2-3-4 hours to clear an instance.

    This is sad, no need for a strategy, instances are really short, 5-6 bosses crowded in a small area, even thrash mobs are no brains regular mobs and everyone can kill them very fast. No elite mobs, no bosses with special attacks, small world, small instances, everything tank and spank, why would anyone be excited?

    Make instances with long walks, many tough elite mobs, very tough bosses, instances that will require to have good gear, good players and a good party play to clear in several hours.

    This is no challenge, every instance is too short and no need for brains and strategy, everything is tank and spank.

    Why would hardcore PvE players play the game? They need tough challenges.

    Same as I , you played PWI a lot as it seems bro :)
    This game is exactly the opposite of Perfect World , even the game developers used this same sentence... I like challenges , but there's nothing you can say against this game , it's not even out of Beta yet , there's a lot room for changes... My 2 cents
  • chokolatozo
    chokolatozo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Allods> all ftp games
  • ouriel125
    ouriel125 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    wertoret wrote: »
    asking them for more challenging instances is not plausible in the world of f2p games, heck, asking for anything at all is not plausible.

    This is why F2P MMO's will never be better than any P2P game out there. Good luck playing game with boring instances and just tank'n'spank instances with no endgame content as most of the F2P games tend to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Izidius - Eyrda
    Izidius - Eyrda Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ouriel125 wrote: »
    This is why F2P MMO's will never be better than any P2P game out there. Good luck playing game with boring instances and just tank'n'spank instances with no endgame content as most of the F2P games tend to do.

    So why are you here on a F2P forum with 200+ posts? Bored much? :rolleyes:
  • Kojirou - Eyrda
    Kojirou - Eyrda Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Allods> all ftp games

    .____________. Hello Will
  • Cypherz - Storm Legion
    Cypherz - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    dapyx1 wrote: »
    I didn't do much in CB4, but FR, EC, Tomb, Lighthouse are sad jokes. Come on, I tanked full Lighthouse with 31 warrior and without uber gear. And we did it in less than 45 minutes.

    I really hope for the PvE players out there that endgame will have some challenges. I played games where the strongest people from the server worked months to figure out a strategy to clear newest instances.

    Where instances if you play at the level intended are very tough, where you have to use your brains and have to work a strategy to clear instances and kill bosses. This is only tank and spank.

    Games where you have to have skilled players and with good gears to clear instances. Games where you have to play 2-3-4 hours to clear an instance.

    This is sad, no need for a strategy, instances are really short, 5-6 bosses crowded in a small area, even thrash mobs are no brains regular mobs and everyone can kill them very fast. No elite mobs, no bosses with special attacks, small world, small instances, everything tank and spank, why would anyone be excited?

    Make instances with long walks, many tough elite mobs, very tough bosses, instances that will require to have good gear, good players and a good party play to clear in several hours.

    This is no challenge, every instance is too short and no need for brains and strategy, everything is tank and spank.

    Why would hardcore PvE players play the game? They need tough challenges.

    This is a huge step up for PWE games...appreciate that.
    I blinked and cured my brain.
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    thah is 100% true, fw is a game for childs.. so check this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FO42KkcNbg

    that is a REAL instance.. this game is awesome (not for child 12 year old)

    look this strategy boss:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxvX1lEwCn4

    center-close-out .... that is a REAL GAME..

    ps: my guild have 2 month trying pass 3th boss on this instance but is hard really is SO HARD.
    and the LVL CAP is just 42.. they dont ened 120 lvl to make instance for ppl with brain.... i just can imagine a 10 year old child thinking he is ALUCARD ahahaha * oh oh im a vampire ill suck ur blood* pfff

    not for 12 years old? it all looks cartoon to me and mindless bashing the boss
    ... and you call that strategy lol. even some bosses in FW add some challenge and more different and sometimes harder instances every 10 lvls

    and for the OP, wow has some boring strategies at bosses and big waste of time. why would i want to waste my time on a piece of gear when i can go out of that lvl range in less time that i would have spend getting the gear? you can do lvl 20-30 in a day, to get every piece of blue gear for a set takes more days. you can do 30-40 relatively fast too, still takes plenty of LH runs to get something and like most of us you might end up at 40 not having much of a gear
  • origamer
    origamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Im a lvl 45 PvP Mage, and the prostpect of grinding through another 20 or 30 lvls of over familiar, repetative dailys, and more or less, the same old instances, has just about killed all enthusiasm i previously had for the game. Adding single player quests, and a buzzing end game PvP (i.e. for some kind of reward, rather than just 'let's see who beats who'), would add a much needed depth and excitment to this presently, slightly dull and underdeveloped MMORPG.
  • ohaigaise
    ohaigaise Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    lol necro...
    and lvl cap is 120? lol...
  • Frost_Fang - Nyos
    Frost_Fang - Nyos Posts: 837 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    wertoret wrote: »
    oh now suddenly you judging endgame content from the things you played so far? just fyi, the level cap is expected to be 120, being lvl 31 is just 1/4 on your way to the endgame and I bet at lvl 50 it gets much harder and challenging.

    Yes...actually they are.

    Glad we solved that :3
    Member of "KoS_" cause unless you stand for something, you will fall for anything.
  • Alyssian - Illyfue
    Alyssian - Illyfue Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Played AoS yet? You probably won't say that's easy.

    It's not even tank and spank, it's so annoying towards the last 3 bosses.
  • Grimspark - Lionheart
    Grimspark - Lionheart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I was just lurking until somebody mentioned RoM. RoM was garbage. Sure, it takes you 50 levels to find out, but that's all the credit I give it. Post 50, if you don't have a slew of high level cash-shoppers in good gear to take you through stuff, you don't have a prayer. I LOL that that is anybody's reference for "good endgame."