Petition to Fix the controls!!! Add turn camera left/right to Q,E

Comments

• alynnra
    alynnra Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, I cast my vote for the option like in pwi, to have the option of changing the A & D keys, bc I'm playing this on a Mac laptop and can't right click XD Desperately in need of an easier way to rotate cam.
  • azhdeen
    azhdeen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I'm not reading this whole thread but if you think moving the camera holding down the right mouse button is clunky......... you don't belong behind a computer lol. And to the OP... no any good MMO DOESN"T put camera controls on Q and E..... cause keyboard buttons are SLOWER (ALOT) then spinning the camera with the mouse.

Hell the better games give you the option to use a freaking gamepad. **** the anoying (YES annoying) Keyboard. The other game i play i only use the keyboard to friggin chat. lol
  • cableguy707
    cableguy707 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I agree with the guy above, even though I am a keyboard user. It seems to me to be a standard to have that control scheme with the keyboard, and people should be able to customize the games hot keys to the max. personally, the only way i would always use the mouse in mmo's is if i have one of those 14 button mouses. Its almost the equivalent to not being able to jump. Not necessary, but nice to have.
  • hidden30
    hidden30 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    azhdeen wrote: »
    I'm not reading this whole thread but if you think moving the camera holding down the right mouse button is clunky......... you don't belong behind a computer lol. And to the OP... no any good MMO DOESN"T put camera controls on Q and E..... cause keyboard buttons are SLOWER (ALOT) then spinning the camera with the mouse.

Hell the better games give you the option to use a freaking gamepad. **** the anoying (YES annoying) Keyboard. The other game i play i only use the keyboard to friggin chat. lol

It all depends if you have a computer with a detached mouse or one with a built in touch pad. I use a laptop that doesnt have a detached mouse and it is very difficult for me to change my view quickly. I have to stop and slowly turn the screen then move, or if on auto run, I have to constanly change it around just to get the desired view. I think it would be great if they offered the option of changing the camera with the keyboard, too. For some players that use laptops, it would be alot faster.

"Peace is not a relationship of nations. It is a condition of mind brought about by a serenity of soul. Peace is not merely the absence of war. It is also a state of mind. Lasting peace can come only to peaceful people."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • cableguy707
    edited February 2011
    hopefully it will be implemented before the official launch of the game, whenever that is
  • darkavenger8
    darkavenger8 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i'm All For It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • hidden30
    hidden30 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    btw, quick question, will the characters be wiped at the end of this phase? If so, ill stop playing and pick up again when the game is launched

Yes there will be a wipe. Instead of just quitting, why not try out different classes and races, to see which you prefer. You may even help to uncover some pesky glitches in the game :)
    "Peace is not a relationship of nations. It is a condition of mind brought about by a serenity of soul. Peace is not merely the absence of war. It is also a state of mind. Lasting peace can come only to peaceful people."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • kallam4
    kallam4 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    straunp wrote: »
    I just got into the beta and cant believe that they are not using the full six key movement controls. Any good mmorpg needs to have Q and E turning the camera left/right. Not having this really detours myself and i am sure many others from really getting into and continuing to play an mmorpg. This is a must for crisper overall movement. I dont need quests to popup using Q nor do i need a hotkey to change my skill rights with my movement controls. I mean who changes their skills that often they need to access the menu for them that fast. So this is the start of a petition to add turn camera to Q and E. Add your name.

It depends, every game has a different option for Q and E, some games it's strafe, other games it's to turn your character as if you was using the mouse.

I myself, prefer to use the mouse to strafe, by locking in my camera facing my target while pressing the "A" key.

It doesn't NEED "Q" and "E" to be a good game, everyone has different play styles and it bothers you that much, why don't you have a play around with the HotKeys?

I prefer the Quest Log on "Q", 'cause in many other games it's all the way at "L" or "O" with this, I can carry on moving while opening my quest log without any fuss of taking my hand off any key.

Just mess around with your HotKeys. >.< Or at least wait till they give you the option to mess around with your HotKeys.
    You're the one I'm fighting for, I wont forget the day, our lips first touched, the day, we met, the feeling I got, when I saw you.

I'm in love with you Jo. =)
  • suielchan
    suielchan Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I would definitely appreciate a Q,E (or in my case I keybind them to A,D) Left & Right camera movement keys. I rarely use click to move and this single feature would be the thing that would hold me back from playing even if I ignored anything else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cableguy707
    edited February 2011
    eh, by this point, I really dont care. I have played the game enough to the point that I have gotten used to turning with my mouse. All in all, I am just REALLY glad this game has auto run. And yea, I have been playing more races and classes, and this seems like a game I'm not going to drop any time soon :)
  • nayo
    nayo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Why hasn't it been changed yet? It was changed pretty quickly in Battle of the immortals. Please change it for this game as well. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It Is better to die on your feet then live life on your knees."
  • stormbull
    stormbull Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I add my voice to this petition.

So far I have played FW for 3 minutes before logging out. I will simply never play it again if I can't rotate angle of view with the keyboard. I find it unplayable as it is at the moment (I use a mouseless laptop). Shame.
  • cableguy707
    edited February 2011
    maybe perfect world entertainment is just against keyboard turning. problem is that this game is really fun and i cant get enough of it! i should get a razer naga mouse then...
  • hornadon
    hornadon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The things is with all pwi games there all based off click to move. I think its because Asians like to use the mouse more then the keyboard thats why i'm surprised they did not enable mouse running also when you hit the s key you char turns to the screen instead of backing up. One other point they need an option for turning click to move off i don't use it and it gets in the way more then its worth.
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I would prefer keyboard movement, but really mouse moving (And yes I'm on a laptop, no mouse) is not so bad if you get used to it.
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • steven198807
    steven198807 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This idea was uploaded on 11-09-2010 and yet nothing has been done, seems this game is yet another game in which players post ideas and never makes it to the game.
    This means developer dont listen! or are plain lazy that just want's our cash and nothing else.
  • dalek0slicer
    dalek0slicer Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    change it to a and d. instead of strafing make them turn the camera angle. or you can do a runescape like thing and have arrows change camera position. either way but i prefer a and d
  • mavandai
    mavandai Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I too would like the option of making the A&D keys rotate the camera and not strafe. Thanks!
  • zerobuffer
    zerobuffer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    There are lot of threads about this and I dont know why:

1. people dont link choices. I mean.. if you dont want to use that option then DONT USE IT . nobody is pointing you with a gun saying "rotate camera with that keeeey"
    2. people says that moving camera with a mouse is better but TADAAAA what if that is not an option. Y usually play with one hand at night so how can I do everything with one hand and fast.... Just imagine a person with a notebook and one hand

I think it is a great game but I must say that if there is no way to rotate camera with the keyboard then Ill have to stop playing
    stormbull wrote: »
    I add my voice to this petition.

So far I have played FW for 3 minutes before logging out. I will simply never play it again if I can't rotate angle of view with the keyboard. I find it unplayable as it is at the moment (I use a mouseless laptop). Shame.
  • illuminoctis
    illuminoctis Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    .... they still haven't fixed this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cableguy707
    edited March 2011
    i hope they do soon
  • stormbull
    stormbull Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Anyone know if a fix is planned yet? I'd like to play more than the 3 minutes I gave this game a week ago but its not even worth logging in until this is fixed.
  • ylanday69
    ylanday69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    yeah this really needs to happen, cept your wrong about q and e, western games use a and d... its the whole point of "wasd" q and e is strafe, but all keybindings are changeable. personally i can deal with it, but im really disappointed that my gf cant.... she continues to spend alot of money in ROM.
  • ify9000
    ify9000 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Q/E Camera rotate will suck but i know people that somehow work with it so the point you are asking here is not for them to add a Q/E camera rotation , but to add possibility to be done and so u can bind it from keybindings .
  • ohhnoooo
    ohhnoooo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    lol at people who won't play the game just because you can't turn the camera with the keyboard. Sure it would be nice and I'm neither for or against it because I can play either way. I don't know why so many of you expect immediate changes during closed beta. Open starts in a few days and you'll find out all the changes then. If you want to find out any earlier then bug crabby cakes over there instead of beating a dead horse on the forums.
  • steven198807
    steven198807 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ylanday69 wrote: »
    yeah this really needs to happen, cept your wrong about q and e, western games use a and d... its the whole point of "wasd" q and e is strafe, but all keybindings are changeable. personally i can deal with it, but im really disappointed that my gf cant.... she continues to spend alot of money in ROM.

not surprised runes of magic(ROM) is one of the best free to play mmorpg ever made, and is to release chapter 4 soon.
  • carowe27
    carowe27 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    idk about Q and E thats seems a bit ruff on the fingers..... possibly increasing the speed of the mouse when turning your screen would help.... it seems a bit slow to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • edh79
    edh79 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    There is one game (will say no names) I've played where "Q" was attack..."A & D" turned the camera as my char moved...and "Z&C" were for strafing... but overall, I agree that the mouse is just too clunky for moving the camera.
  • cableguy707
    edited March 2011
    I just got done playing heroes of three kingdoms, another perfect world game, and it lets you hot key strafing and turning on the keyboad. Hopefully this game will have that feature eventually
  • kyoten3
    kyoten3 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Everyone seems to have either on side or the other. Some say no no no a,d key movement is so bad dont allow it. some say the contrary, I have over 6 years of mmorpg gameplay, i'm not an elite player nor do i raid every waking moment, but i think giving people the "Option" to chose what they want to use is the best solution. I am very used to the 'wasd' movement but i can play using the mouse and will play, this is the absolute best free to play and possibly one of the best mmo's ive seen come out since WoW. Yeah i know flame away i said wow on here, but you know for it to have 12 million players and the most successful mmo in history they did something right. now dont get me wrong i dont want a 'wow clone' i love the story, graphics, and design of FW and believe it will be more successful than any f2p mmo we have ever seen. since CB phase 4 ive hardly played WoW and i intend to play even more now that i dont lose my character. so long story short, if you can just give us the option to change it how ever we like to play, open key binding will draw in players who have gotten into the nitch of WoWism gameplay, but in the end Thanks PWI for bringing us this awesome game and for making it free.
This discussion has been closed.