Boring PvE? Sad joke?

dapyx1
dapyx1 Posts: 41 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
I didn't do much in CB4, but FR, EC, Tomb, Lighthouse are sad jokes. Come on, I tanked full Lighthouse with 31 warrior and without uber gear. And we did it in less than 45 minutes.

I really hope for the PvE players out there that endgame will have some challenges. I played games where the strongest people from the server worked months to figure out a strategy to clear newest instances.

Where instances if you play at the level intended are very tough, where you have to use your brains and have to work a strategy to clear instances and kill bosses. This is only tank and spank.

Games where you have to have skilled players and with good gears to clear instances. Games where you have to play 2-3-4 hours to clear an instance.

This is sad, no need for a strategy, instances are really short, 5-6 bosses crowded in a small area, even thrash mobs are no brains regular mobs and everyone can kill them very fast. No elite mobs, no bosses with special attacks, small world, small instances, everything tank and spank, why would anyone be excited?

Make instances with long walks, many tough elite mobs, very tough bosses, instances that will require to have good gear, good players and a good party play to clear in several hours.

This is no challenge, every instance is too short and no need for brains and strategy, everything is tank and spank.

Why would hardcore PvE players play the game? They need tough challenges.
Post edited by dapyx1 on

Comments

• sesheenku
    sesheenku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    dapyx1 wrote: »
    I didn't do much in CB4, but FR, EC, Tomb, Lighthouse are sad jokes. Come on, I tanked full Lighthouse with 31 warrior and without uber gear. And we did it in less than 45 minutes.

I really hope for the PvE players out there that endgame will have some challenges. I played games where the strongest people from the server worked months to figure out a strategy to clear newest instances.

Where instances if you play at the level intended are very tough, where you have to use your brains and have to work a strategy to clear instances and kill bosses. This is only tank and spank.

Games where you have to have skilled players and with good gears to clear instances. Games where you have to play 2-3-4 hours to clear an instance.

This is sad, no need for a strategy, instances are really short, 5-6 bosses crowded in a small area, even thrash mobs are no brains regular mobs and everyone can kill them very fast. No elite mobs, no bosses with special attacks, small world, small instances, everything tank and spank, why would anyone be excited?

Make instances with long walks, many tough elite mobs, very tough bosses, instances that will require to have good gear, good players and a good party play to clear in several hours.

This is no challenge, every instance is too short and no need for brains and strategy, everything is tank and spank.

Prepare yourself for imminent mass flaming.
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15047437000&dateline=1290559725[/SIGPIC]
    Made by me ;D

-> I'm no longer in that guild but I'm a bit lazy to change my sig which I made anyways.
  • wertoret
    wertoret Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    sesheenku wrote: »
    Prepare yourself for imminent mass flaming.

damn you, now I cannot throw in my epic wall of tekst
    "lol" - Anonymous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dapyx1
    edited March 2011
    wertoret wrote: »
    damn you, now I cannot throw in my epic wall of tekst

Why? Fans of this game are flaming those who demand a quality content endgame?
  • wertoret
    edited March 2011
    Why? Fans of this game are flaming those who demand a quality content endgame?

oh now suddenly you judging endgame content from the things you played so far? just fyi, the level cap is expected to be 120, being lvl 31 is just 1/4 on your way to the endgame and I bet at lvl 50 it gets much harder and challenging.
    "lol" - Anonymous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xstaticstrata
    xstaticstrata Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011

A "rift" system is coming to FW, you should find out about it in one of FW's expansions or something
  • dapyx1
    edited March 2011
    oh now suddenly you judging endgame content from the things you played so far? just fyi, the level cap is expected to be 120, being lvl 31 is just 1/4 on your way to the endgame and I bet at lvl 50 it gets much harder and challenging.

Mister Smart, at the end of CB3 most of my guildies were lvl 50. Lvl 50 was lvl cap. Now lvl cap is 60 and most of my fellow guildies are 50+.

They said endgame instances do suck.

In OB lvl cap will be 70 and we will be grinding some months just to reach that lvl. Are you saying that they will release some challenging content until then?

Also, endgame is what lvl cap is. Sorry to say that for you.

I guess almost all of you are coming from other Perfect World games, and this game is marvelous. Well, if you played some western MMMOs, not only p2p, some free, you understand what I'm talking about.

If you have played only grinding f2p asian MMOS, I expect you to say what you were saying.

/Nooo over
  • wertoret
    edited March 2011
    are you goin to categorize everything into either "asian grindfests" and "wow"? look I can do that too, I just categorized all western MMOs into wow.

I really doubt there won't be anything challenging by endgame, what's the point of setting EC like instances that you finish in less than 1 hour, drops quite a lot of things but is no challenge at all? what's the point of grinding for 7 months if you can beat the endgame instances with no real effort?

It's all subjective, I for one when I first tried Lighthouse (which is a very big instance imo) had quite the challenge, and we pretty much haven't seen 2/3 of the world map, the margin for improvement is big.

if you think that the grindfest until the point where you can enjoy challenging instances is too big then I'm afraid this game is not for you... we all know MMO developers don't have customer treat and that if you really want a game publisher that listens to the feedback of their customers you should find some indie developer games.

asking them for more challenging instances is not plausible in the world of f2p games, heck, asking for anything at all is not plausible.

about your lvl 50 guildies, if that's true, I cannot tell, but neither can you, the only source you got are from people higher in level than you, you didn't experience it in first hand, maybe they were outleveled for the instances they were talking about, maybe you're just plain lying, nobody can prove anything, I for one haven't heard any "game is too ez" complaint until now.
    "lol" - Anonymous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • namestakenffs
    namestakenffs Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    All Wanmei games are tank and spank, you can drop this "but level 31 is nowhere near endgame" ****

They won't make WoW-style instances and that is that, just the same as they will not fix this **** engine, and for the very same reasons.
  • bryanfury83
    bryanfury83 Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Mister Smart, at the end of CB3 most of my guildies were lvl 50. Lvl 50 was lvl cap. Now lvl cap is 60 and most of my fellow guildies are 50+.

They said endgame instances do suck.

In OB lvl cap will be 70 and we will be grinding some months just to reach that lvl. Are you saying that they will release some challenging content until then?

Also, endgame is what lvl cap is. Sorry to say that for you.

I guess almost all of you are coming from other Perfect World games, and this game is marvelous. Well, if you played some western MMMOs, not only p2p, some free, you understand what I'm talking about.

If you have played only grinding f2p asian MMOS, I expect you to say what you were saying.

/Nooo over
    Level cap is 80 not 70, and will be increased to 120 later
  • ylanday69
    ylanday69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    you seriously expect the lowbie dungeons to be an par with RAID dungeons? cos that is what you are suggesting, dont say no... everything you suggested about dungeons is exactly what raid dungeons are like. youve been playing in the lowbie dungeons lol, level cap is not end game in a staggered closed beta... just curious, did you see any "end game" content in the rift beta? let me answer that for you... NO! the level cap for each beta is not end game....
  • bunnypirates
    bunnypirates Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    FW is still quite new, there will be so many things added in the official release you won't be bored. And nobody knows what the future expansions bring~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*CB1 player, herp-a-derp.*
    forsakenworldart.deviantart.comJOIN
    Retired; playing a game called life. O:
  • devonty
    devonty Posts: 0
    edited March 2011

LH is harder than the level 50 instances
  • progus
    progus Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ylanday69 wrote: »
    you seriously expect the lowbie dungeons to be an par with RAID dungeons? cos that is what you are suggesting, dont say no... everything you suggested about dungeons is exactly what raid dungeons are like. youve been playing in the lowbie dungeons lol, level cap is not end game in a staggered closed beta... just curious, did you see any "end game" content in the rift beta? let me answer that for you... NO! the level cap for each beta is not end game....

He expects too much for low level instances, which are usually meant to be easier not like those "Raids", otherwise people would quit for because of the difficulty. And you are absolutely right about these not being end game content! Some people just don't get that this IN closed beta... and apparently there's much to come, since the map looks so enormous. So there will be lots of end game instances which take maybe 2-3 hours (I prefer shorter ones). And I also think that lighthouse was really hard when I was 30, so I eagerly wait to test level 40+ instances! :)
  • xsuicidez
    xsuicidez Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Level cap doesn't necessarily mean end game. There is no end game until a maximum level is declared. Please note people can reach level 20 in a day of casual playing. Level 31 is by far nowhere near the "end game", which means the dungeons you're doing are not the end game dungeons. Most game tend to start out easy and have a huge increase in difficulty mid way through. Right now, you're experiencing the easy part.

Harder/Impossible instances will cause more complains than easy/medium ones. You might be mad right now since they're easy. If FW's instances become nearly impossible, A LOT more people will be mad b/c they can't finish the instance, resulting in a waste of time.

But then again, why are you on the forum if you don't like the game. Go play something else and get off the forum. Whining is not the same thing as suggestion (which belongs in the suggestion section).

This game is intended for pvp gameplay, so leveling up and getting items are a must. That's why unlike other games, you can easily reach lvl 20 by running around talking to people with about 10% of actually fighting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character: xSuicidez (Protector)
    Server: East PvP
    Guild: Condottieri
  • wertoret
    edited March 2011
    guys remeber his lvl 50+ guildies told him that lvl 50+ instances suck lol
    "lol" - Anonymous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ylanday69
    ylanday69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    50+ isnt level cap, sheesh... end game is 70/80
  • bunnypirates
    edited March 2011
    guys remeber his lvl 50+ guildies told him that lvl 50+ instances
    suck lol

If his guildies say they suck, everyone has to agree they suck. 8D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• gradd
    gradd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Just go play ur great WoW and leave this game. Everyone complaining on a game which still is not open. Just enjoy the game how it is, no one forcing you to play it.
  • redwingpixie
    redwingpixie Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    They should add a speical instance were a super boss and i dont mean the little push overs in Fort =P i mean a big boss thats maybe 100ft tall? =P prehaps a bigger version of the dragon in FH and could link to the main story, probaly be like a 24hr spawn or something and takes like 50+ ppl to kill it but drops the best gear in game xD and well there would be alot of compertion for it lol since its a 24hr spawn xD

pvp would certainly be alot more fun and im sure pve get their flame feast =P
    D-D-Disconnect-And-Self-Destruct-One-Bullet-At-A-Time
  • devonty
    edited March 2011
    They should add a speical instance were a super boss and i dont mean the little push overs in Fort =P i mean a big boss thats maybe 100ft tall? =P prehaps a bigger version of the dragon in FH and could link to the main story, probaly be like a 24hr spawn or something and takes like 50+ ppl to kill it but drops the best gear in game xD and well there would be alot of compertion for it lol since its a 24hr spawn xD

pvp would certainly be alot more fun and im sure pve get their flame feast =P

Well they said world bosses would take 30 people to kill them and they were soloable before CS was ingame....
  • bunnypirates
    edited March 2011
    They need to add a CS for the monsters, too. :|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    devonty wrote: »
    Well they said world bosses would take 30 people to kill them and they were soloable before CS was ingame....
    Try the 24h respawn world bosses solo and at their level :P Like Scorpion King, Desert Bandit Leader, Dual Headed Giant etc.

On topic, yeah I agree it's way too easy I miss the PvE from games like RoM :/ Although this is better than PWI as there's a bit of tactics involved at some bosses, it is still way too easy and giving too much "time for errors" if you know what I mean. For example last boss in Welkin could use a 20 sec instant-kill debuff instead of 1 min and tornado's a bit more damage O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • devonty
    edited March 2011
    tyanara wrote: »
    Try the 24h respawn world bosses solo and at their level :P Like Scorpion King, Desert Bandit Leader, Dual Headed Giant etc.

On topic, yeah I agree it's way too easy I miss the PvE from games like RoM :/ Although this is better than PWI as there's a bit of tactics involved at some bosses, it is still way too easy and giving too much "time for errors" if you know what I mean. For example last boss in Welkin could use a 20 sec instant-kill debuff instead of 1 min and tornado's a bit more damage O.o

ah didn't know those one's were ingame yet haven't seen them only the 3H ones
  • tyanara
    edited March 2011
    They are now in phase 4 idk if it's because of multiple realms or not cuz they spawn only on 1 realm I think
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ussichu
    ussichu Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If you want a challenge, hit auto apply on lost lighthouse

9/10 times you will have 2 idiots at least in the party and usually a first timer (cause most experienced people like making squads)

keeping parties like those alive are a challenge at times.
  • shiro
    shiro Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    tyanara wrote: »

Well, consider that maybe on OB you won't have +9-10 on all your crafted armors with great bonuses and gems. At least I won't for sure, but here most of us had quite some time to prepare our items for the 4x levels.
    Also time run achievement without exploiting shouldn't be too easy either.
  • kodachikuno
    kodachikuno Posts: 1,863 Arc User1
    edited March 2011
    **parks WAAAaambulance just outside**If ya dont like the game, yer ride is here....dont let the door hit ya on the way out.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
  • dapyx1
    edited March 2011
    Well, most of the people on this thread didn't experienced quality games and I feel sorry for them. The best they played are games designed by Perfect World and games like that, and they only experienced mob grinding, shi.ty quests and mindless ganking.

If that's your world, I don't want to be o part of it.

Some games do have PvE content. WOW, Lineage, AOC even ROM and Allods which are f2p.

I do remember that conquering instances in WOW and ROM was no easy task. And still it isn't. What PvE content do I have here?

If Welkin is the best PvE content that this game has to offer now than it kind of su.cks as PvE matters.

If they say that the game is just for PvP, is ok, but why make PvE servers than?
  • tyanara
    edited March 2011
    Yeah RoM was epic in chapter 2 regarding dungeons but I heard it went downhill now. I really wish FW would have same quality dungeons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • redwingpixie
    redwingpixie Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Has any1 ever player rappelz? probaly not since its so old and sucks balls xD

thats a grind fest but the dungeon design was a real challenge when it came to palmir platea (80+ one) it was like a friggin maze that took hrs to get through if you got lost.

but maybe a puzzle / maze type dungeon is neededs probaly not one takes forever to finish and if there was probaly have high rewards and lots of armour drops since really? no1 wants pwi dungeons they took faarr to long to complete.
    D-D-Disconnect-And-Self-Destruct-One-Bullet-At-A-Time