Huge amount of grinding / brainless grinding for lvl up

dapyx1
dapyx1 Posts: 41 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
Remember that this game isn't PWI and is targeted to western players, not asian players. Eu players, and american players doesn't enjoy grinding mobs for 6 months to reach lvl cap. They prefer doing quests, and in any western game, 2 months is more than enough for a casually noob player to reach level cap. Hardcore gamers do it in weeks.

I understand that this your best game so far, and it's targeted on the western audience. I understand that you want big bucks. But do it as western players want.

One suggestion is to diminish drastically the amount of experience needed to lvl up after lvl 30, 40 and 50.

Another suggestion is to give more XP to quests.

The best idea is to implement many more quests and let the people work for lvl up.

Take some ideas from ROM, Allods, the f2p MMOs games with the most success, and the most paying customers so far.

But do not require western players to grind 6 months to reach level 70 in a game targeted at western players. Most of them will be bored and quit the game. You want a constant revenue, so do it how it should be done.

This are just suggestions, but may improve a lot the quality of playing for the western players and can improve a lot your streams of revenues.
Post edited by dapyx1 on

Comments

• wertoret
    wertoret Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I do believe the grinding is a bit outrageous but find a good community to chat with whilst you do the main quests and you won't get bored
    "lol" - Anonymous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cchenchencc
    cchenchencc Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This game is not grindy at all... its a level every other day even at 50, you just have to do the right quests. Of course it's gonna get slower and slower as it should because we're getting pretty close to cap.
  • bunnypirates
    bunnypirates Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I find leveling too easy at lower levels, and IMO it doesn't really feel like an achievement when you level up in this game. :x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*CB1 player, herp-a-derp.*
    forsakenworldart.deviantart.comJOIN
    Retired; playing a game called life. O:
  • ylanday69
    ylanday69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    you wanna beat this game in 2 weeks? have fun looking for a new game...
    i like the longevity, i dont want to hit a dead in within weeks. id rather have new content infront of me than be waiting for it...
  • octarone
    octarone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Been complaining about this for a long time. xp
    ylanday69 wrote: »
    you wanna beat this game in 2 weeks? have fun looking for a new game...
    i like the longevity, i dont want to hit a dead in within weeks. id rather have new content infront of me than be waiting for it...
    It's all about the endgame dude. You don't "beat" the game, no such thing in a MMO. If you want to "beat" a game go play a single player RPG >.>
  • ylanday69
    edited March 2011
    octarone wrote: »
    Been complaining about this for a long time. xp

It's all about the endgame dude. You don't "beat" the game, no such thing in a MMO. If you want to "beat" a game go play a single player RPG >.>

haha, your wrong... you cannot level cap a new mmo within 2 weeks and expect quality end game, specially in these kind of mmo's. even wow had no end game for months after release...
  • wertoret
    wertoret Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    haha, your wrong... you cannot level cap a new mmo within 2 weeks and expect quality end game, specially in these kind of mmo's. even wow had no end game for months after release...

inb4 in wow you get to lvl 85 in 2 weeks

which i find amusing cause then what's the point on having a number of levels if they ought to be skipped ASAP?
    "lol" - Anonymous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • octarone
    edited March 2011
    wertoret wrote: »
    inb4 in wow you get to lvl 85 in 2 weeks

which i find amusing cause then what's the point on having a number of levels if they ought to be skipped ASAP?
    As much sense as repeating same stuff for several months just to level and "get there". Levels split communities, unlike endgame, where you only improve stats and such (and not so massively). Leveling is like "the work before the grind (endgame) and fun".

You don't learn anything by staying at a level for 4 days, doing the same stuff just to see a bar at the bottom move up a little. When more than 10% of people quit before level cap means the game is badly designed.
  • bunnypirates
    bunnypirates Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I love how the game hasn't officially even started and people already go all frageplz.gif?1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*CB1 player, herp-a-derp.*
    forsakenworldart.deviantart.comJOIN
    Retired; playing a game called life. O:
  • em0rage
    em0rage Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    well, as far as i been testing everything goes ok before lvl 30 or so...after that you must make a lot of Living in the Harbor quests to get some decent exp or go to the God's trial or w.e :D ....took me about 1 week to get lvl 33 but im sure there's nolifers who can make it faster...

maybe if they could give some decent exp in the mid/high lvl quests would be nice tho :3
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I agree it's a bit slow after 40 we should have permanent exp aid imo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ylanday69
    edited March 2011
    As much sense as repeating same stuff for several months just to level and "get there". Levels split communities, unlike endgame, where you only improve stats and such (and not so massively). Leveling is like "the work before the grind (endgame) and fun".

You don't learn anything by staying at a level for 4 days, doing the same stuff just to see a bar at the bottom move up a little. When more than 10% of people quit before level cap means the game is badly designed.

oh your talking about raid progression... what game are we talking about here? i think your on the wrong forums, this game has no real raid progression hence questing and leveling up is probly close to 90% of the game, if you dont like this game then thats another case which is easily closed. even the lolpvp is just a small addition...
  • redwingpixie
    redwingpixie Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    acutly 1-30 takes maybe 3-4days depends on ur playing time and how much ur questing and that.

After 30 u do feel a small burn with lvling slowly creeping into the 1-2 a day then after 40 i guess it gets slower id hate 70-80 lol 1month per lv? =P

But compared to most games lvling is very fast infact
    D-D-Disconnect-And-Self-Destruct-One-Bullet-At-A-Time
  • ussichu
    ussichu Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    those grinding quests.... make me feel good about my AoE :D
  • harkened
    harkened Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I suppose the more common trend for PWE games nowadays isn't a mob hunting grind, but a daily questing grind.

Have to say, it's a lot better than what I had to do for SRO though.

You think a 5 hour grind at level 25's reasonable?

I'd be a little more grateful with the leveling this game has, compared to Rohan, Lineage 2 and Silkroad.

Just make it most other MMOs. Really.

Leveling only takes time in FW, the extremely long and unreasonable grinding is gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • octarone
    edited March 2011
    oh your talking about raid progression... what game are we talking about here? i think your on the wrong forums, this game has no real raid progression hence questing and leveling up is probly close to 90% of the game, if you dont like this game then thats another case which is easily closed. even the lolpvp is just a small addition...
    In the interview long ago the guy clearly said Forsaken World is "all about endgame content" and that they "made a easily reachable level cap for everyone".

That put my hopes up and I'm going to be in for a huge disappointment, am I not? The 2nd part is already false.
  • harkened
    edited March 2011
    In the interview long ago the guy clearly said Forsaken World is "all about endgame content" and that they "made a easily reachable level cap for everyone".

That put my hopes up and I'm going to be in for a huge disappointment, am I not? The 2nd part is already false.

Relatively speaking, reaching the level cap here requires far less effort than any other F2P MMO's. FW really isn't that much of an Asian grindfest, comparatively speaking that is. It becomes more of a matter of who's been playing longer and does all their daily questing, well, daily. Far better than killing a thousand mobs or more, if you ask me.

As for the disappointment part, that's pretty much inevitable. Gamers are just an unpleasable fanbase.

Nothing a developer does ever sits well with their players. There will always be something to nitpick at and complain about. I don't blame them for giving up caring. In this case though, you're dealing with a game publisher, not a game developer. As much as they may want to change a lot of things, they just simply can't.

Then again, with every game update, there are tons of people wanting things back the way they were before. I don't even see a chance in hell that they can make changes without groups of players screaming that the game is ruined forever, or that things were doing fine, until this patch came along.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xsuicidez
    xsuicidez Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Grind Reliant = people complain spending 5 hours hitting the same mob to gain 20%
    Quest Reliant = people complain there's not enough fighting
    Mixture (FW) = people complain it takes too long to move from place to place

FW offers so many things other game doesn't. First of all, it has an auto route system, allowing to player to move from npc to npc (for questing) w/o effort. You can literally read manga, watch anime, or even study for your test while your character automatically moves himself. There are also afk activities (fishing, quest, etc) the further allow players to gain exp without much effort. Compared to other games of the same category (Aika, Flyff, etc) the exp rate is amazing. Sure, it might take some time, but grinding in those other games will net you about the same exp/hr while requiring you to constantly click on enemy mob.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character: xSuicidez (Protector)
    Server: East PvP
    Guild: Condottieri
  • octarone
    edited March 2011
    xsuicidez wrote: »
    Compared to other games of the same category (Aika, Flyff, etc)
    WTF! How can you say those are in same category??? Those are asian grindfests.

Why do people say this is better than an asian grindfest? Because that's not the point. Yes it's better, but it's not a "westernized" game as advertised. That's the complaint about. I don't care how it fares with other asian grindfests, because this isn't supposed to be an asian grindfest.

I don't see the point in comparing it to those type of grind MMOs.
  • harkened
    edited March 2011
    WTF! How can you say those are in same category??? Those are asian grindfests.

Why do people say this is better than an asian grindfest? Because that's not the point. Yes it's better, but it's not a "westernized" game as advertised. That's the complaint about. I don't care how it fares with other asian grindfests, because this isn't supposed to be an asian grindfest.

I don't see the point in comparing it to those type of grind MMOs.

Mind defining to us then, what makes an MMO "western?"

Then explain to us clearly, why being a "western" MMO is such a great thing?

They make a grindfest, people hate having to kill thousands of the same mob for hours on end.

They make the level cap quick and easy to reach, people lose interest then complain about the lack of content.

Or I suppose we should use WoW as an example, huh? A game that is the epitome of a western MMO.

Levels are quick to reach and it's way too easy to hit a decent level.

Then comes the reputation grinds, raiding grinds, gold grinds and various other tons and slightly different kinds of grinds. Levels are quick alright, but here's the stuff you have to keep doing over and over again to be a slightly raid-worthy player.

Repetitiveness is a feature inherent in an MMO, whether it is "western" or "eastern."

I would suggest that you get used to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • carowe27
    carowe27 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    lol people playing a MMO complaining about lvling is this a joke......

in one week i got my player to lvl 35...... once the OB was pushed up i stopped trying to lvl and get itemz. i used all other resources i had up until this time to learn what i could.

If your complaining about anything it should be that you you cant be able to play the day it goes OB.....

Im used to a game where your next lvl you earn comes from grinding straight 24hrs with massive exp boosts from a CS. so all these people complaining just need to get real.

Realize this, games like this are about more than just a lvl.... gear/guilds/friends/money/crafting/pets/quests/dungeons/pk/pvp/wars/etc.....

if it was just about a lvl go play a game where all you get is a high score and then its over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • octarone
    edited March 2011
    harkened wrote: »
    Mind defining to us then, what makes an MMO "western?"

Then explain to us clearly, why being a "western" MMO is such a great thing?

They make a grindfest, people hate having to kill thousands of the same mob for hours on end.

They make the level cap quick and easy to reach, people lose interest then complain about the lack of content.

Or I suppose we should use WoW as an example, huh? A game that is the epitome of a western MMO.

Levels are quick to reach and it's way too easy to hit a decent level.

Then comes the reputation grinds, raiding grinds, gold grinds and various other tons and slightly different kinds of grinds. Levels are quick alright, but here's the stuff you have to keep doing over and over again to be a slightly raid-worthy player.

Repetitiveness is a feature inherent in an MMO, whether it is "western" or "eastern."

I would suggest that you get used to it.
    I've no problem grinding for gears I already said that's when endgame kicks in. And it has to kick in as soon as possible. Levels lock you out of content, nothing fun about them, except for... tada, the story.

Those last 2 words are what makes a western MMO... western. You know, quests and story level you up, because level is supposed to be an indicator of your progress line in the story, not a goal but a measurement.

Obviously in this game main quests and subquests give pathetic exp after lv40 (esp. 50) compared to how much you need to level, hence it's not western. You level with completely unrelated repeatables and dailies.

THAT is lack of content. Not a quick level cap. Making it hard to level by not adding anything, but making you repeat stuff to level, is lack of content and artificially stretches the time.

"dude I found out how you can easily add 10x the content? put a 0 at the end of the exp required to level"

lol...
  • terrorian
    terrorian Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    you think 6 months is too much to lvl cap? think about Mu Online wich you need 2 years of grinding 4 hours/ day to reach lvl 400...and after lvl 400 you start make Master lvl( another few years)..thats a game what i called NLG (No Life Game).
  • llsymourll
    llsymourll Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    o.o my thoughts

1- 6months to reach cap =/= grind fest
    2- Some people like grind fest and some dont , if this was actually frind more ppl complain , if it was less grind , ppl would complain it too easy
    3- What is the difference between grinding for lvls..and grinding for gears... nothing , you log on do same thing , log off , lvling = kill mobs on a map , Gears = kill mobs in a dungeon?
    4- Ducks.
    5- donkey ducks.
    6- they might listen like they did on eso and actually increase the quests or their exp at higher lvl or make better and faster ways to lvl , but that was like years after the game was released and the game got too boring at that time lmao
    7- <>.<>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • harkened
    edited March 2011
    I've no problem grinding for gears I already said that's when endgame kicks in. And it has to kick in as soon as possible. Levels lock you out of content, nothing fun about them, except for... tada, the story.

Those last 2 words are what makes a western MMO... western. You know, quests and story level you up, because level is supposed to be an indicator of your progress line in the story, not a goal but a measurement.

Obviously in this game main quests and subquests give pathetic exp after lv40 (esp. 50) compared to how much you need to level, hence it's not western. You level with completely unrelated repeatables and dailies.

THAT is lack of content. Not a quick level cap. Making it hard to level by not adding anything, but making you repeat stuff to level, is lack of content and artificially stretches the time.

So apparently, a western mmo is "western" if what levels you up is related to the story and lore of the game.

I really just don't see the difference. An immersive, deep kind of questing gameplay is just something you won't get from a PC MMO, play a console game and enjoy that to all your delight. Though I guess that even there, there'll still be something unrelated to the story that you keep doing repeatedly to level up.

Even if the main quest line gave more exp, I don't see that much difference in gathering ___ mats and killing ____ mobs then getting ___ drops, then killing _____ boss, compared to a daily quest that makes me do the same stuff, only in a slightly different setting.

It's the same type of activity, whether you kill and gather for a daily, or for a quest that advances the storyline. You will always, and I mean always, repeat tedious, unrelated, boring stuff to level up.

If you don't have the patience or tolerance for that, I suppose you can always get back to console gaming or whatever great "western" mmo it is you're playing.

MMOs aren't thrill rides where there's not one dull moment. Even when the whole road's exciting, you'll still find some of it boring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • octarone
    edited March 2011
    You do, it's not repeating the same thing if you kill a different type of mob. When I am talking about repeating I mean the exact same ****, same quest and such, which is lack of content at its best, artificially stretched.

Never said it has to be immersive or anything like that. Not to mention the stupid exp leveling curve should be flattened.
    llsymourll wrote: »
    3- What is the difference between grinding for lvls..and grinding for gears...
    I already said, levels lock you out of content.

@to whoever was talking about Mu Online, i facepalmed... not even the name sounds western lol. I bet my 2 cents it's an asian grindfest.
  • llsymourll
    edited March 2011
    lol define lock you out of content

are you talking about the fact that you cant teleport to other areas until u reach their lvl , well i agree that is a sucky thing , seeing as i like to explore

but if ur talking in general as in , iam too low so this mob owns me , or iam too low lvl so i cant enter this feature and lvling is slow?

but i think if they made the game go faster in lvling it might be bad as well cuse well , if u unlock ur content too fast and get every thing too fast...(seeing at the RATE pwe actually updates and patches new content in game with their other games) , people would end up with nothing to do in the game eventually and a lot more would quit , i think they r just trying to balance the lvling speed with how much content is in the game and how fast they r willing to update it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • negativac
    negativac Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Its the same thing each day, gets old realy fast.
    Even when you level you dont feel like you achieved anything since you have to do same circle aggain and aggain and aggain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spooninvasion
    spooninvasion Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    llsymourll wrote: »
    lol define lock you out of content

are you talking about the fact that you cant teleport to other areas until u reach their lvl , well i agree that is a sucky thing , seeing as i like to explore
    I think he means less skills, less terrain and such
  • llsymourll
    edited March 2011
    I think he means less skills, less terrain and such

hm i see..thank u

but well as i said i think they r just trying to balance the speed ur lvling with , with how much content the game has , and how fast they will be updating the content...

but thats just...my opinion o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.