I Wish There Was a Werewolf Race

akumasephitaro
akumasephitaro Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Suggestion Box
Most MMOs seem to have a beast race, but this game doesn't. :(

Werewolves would probably fit in perfectly. (Hell there's already werewolf monsters and a few are friendly.)

I mean I love the races, they're all great. (And omg the female dwarves are adorable.) But I like beast races a lot, too. My old WoW main was a Tauren. :P

PWI has a beast race, why not this game?
Post edited by akumasephitaro on

Comments

• gustavomesquita
    gustavomesquita Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, Darkfall should go F2P, broda
    [Add smth cool here]
  • hellodarkness
    hellodarkness Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Oddly enough I really like this idea.
    Not a werewolf race, but just some beast race in this game. ^^
  • derpington3000
    derpington3000 Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    how about just let Vamps turn into werewolves for like a 5 minute buff.
    why so serious?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ninja6
    ninja6 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    lol derpington tht would ruin the whole story being that vampires hate werwolfs guts...

anyways no werwolf class, like most ppl are saying if tht happen this will be the twilight game .__. but a beast class wont be bad but suggest that when the game has been live for 1 year so its ready for an expansion lol :d
    JK

Im not crazy, im Looney ;)
    Heavenly Officer
    Apply now at heavenlyguild.mmoguildsites.com we're built for pve ;)
    Storm Server ~ PVE
    SirLooney ~ Human - Assassin
    LollipopSwirl ~ Dwarve - Marksman
    MsAlice ~ Kindred - Vamp
  • derpington3000
    edited March 2011
    how would it ruin the story when the FIRST story of vampires involved a vampire that turned into one?
    why so serious?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • th30ry
    th30ry Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Tbh I kinda like the Worgen thing lol
    Give Humans a another class (not like they need more) that lets them
    transform into a werewolf/wolf beast thing lol...
    Let them transform almost freely.
    Dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ninja6
    edited March 2011
    ooh so your saying the first story of vampires turned into werwolves?? wth?!?!? tht made no sense.. the FIRST story of vampires was about vlad the impaler -.-"
    JK

Heavenly Officer
    Storm Server ~ PVE
    MsAlice ~ Kindred - Vamp
  • sesheenku
    sesheenku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    th30ry wrote: »
    Dreams...

Good idea it would be called the Lycanthrope class or h/e that's spelled, it's better that way, I'd hate to look like an oversized mutt ALL of the time, which is why I avoided barb in pwi, you look ****... Imo.
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15047437000&dateline=1290559725[/SIGPIC]
    Made by me ;D

-> I'm no longer in that guild but I'm a bit lazy to change my sig which I made anyways.
  • ninja6
    edited March 2011
    Dreams...

I second it..
    imo humans will get their very own class.. kinddreds has their vamps, elves has their bards and Humans have ther werebeasts or watever xD
    JK

Heavenly Officer
    Storm Server ~ PVE
    MsAlice ~ Kindred - Vamp
  • derpington3000
    edited March 2011
    ninja6 wrote: »
    ooh so your saying the first story of vampires turned into werwolves?? wth?!?!? tht made no sense.. the FIRST story of vampires was about vlad the impaler -.-"

obviously you've never read dracula, idiot.
    why so serious?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ohhnoooo
    ohhnoooo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, Darkfall should go F2P, broda

But four-legged run would be awesome...oh wait...
  • octarone
    octarone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Forsaken World Vampire story =/= "real world" vampire stories.
  • akumasephitaro
    akumasephitaro Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Oops, I didn't see the suggestion forums. o.o *Akuma is blind* (<Not really.)

But yeah, the humans being werewolves would fit well, but then we'd just get accused of copying WoW. x.x Can't win.... lol
  • pensri
    pensri Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You do know the "kindred" race history of vampires and werewolves spawned from the same but split into two differnt bloodlines. That wasnt just BS in the underworld movie that history is their real mythical history. I expect and or hope to see a beast/werewolf race eventually when they expand on the stories. But as we know not all the werewolves turned evil.
  • ninja6
    edited March 2011
    obviously you've never read dracula, idiot.

Hahaha lol you need to learn.. Dracula was based on Vlad the impaler!.. thats how they got the idea from and from several other freaky people and legends about them! so dont call me an idiot :P

Vlad the impaler was in the 1400s while dracula was created in the 1800s so yea im pretty sure Vlad was first -.-

and also the novel dracula has nothing about a vampire turning into a walking over grown dog.. im pretty suree theyre partnered with bats >> not werwolves
    JK

Heavenly Officer
    Storm Server ~ PVE
    MsAlice ~ Kindred - Vamp
  • irishgreenrae
    irishgreenrae Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sorry, but I don't want another game to have "Furries", we have enough of them as it is in other games. And it'd just promote the whole "Twilight" thing.
  • ohhnoooo
    ohhnoooo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sorry, but I don't want another game to have "Furries", we have enough of them as it is in other games. And it'd just promote the whole "Twilight" thing.

The mythology of werewolves and vampires existed far far before Twilight so i don't know why you make that association. It's just that Twilight turned it into 12 year old emo stuff.
  • irishgreenrae
    irishgreenrae Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm not an idiot, I know about the mythology of vampires and werewolves. It's just that I modernized the terms.

I'm just saying it's my own opinion, that I don't want the whole furry thing, since it's in so many games nowadays and it's just over-rated.
  • randomhawk
    randomhawk Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Dreams...

This is actually a pretty good point in my opinion. Humans have no unique class to them, course I think that's part of the point of the human is to not be unique but well rounded. (It's just generally like that in most fantasy games.) If the well-rounded jack-of-all-trades scheme is what the Devs want Humans to be, then so be it. If they don't mind giving the Humans a sole unique class, then hey that'd be pretty freaking sweet.

Saying that last sentence gave me an idea for what's been on my mind a bit too. A summoner class. Let me first say that I think the classes are very balanced as they are and I would hate to see any classes become OP'd. (You can say some classes are OP'd but IMO, all classes in this game have something OP'd about them, and that's what balances it.) ANYWAY -sorry for my tangent- After playing Rappelz, it seems weird to have a cool pet system and not have a summoner class. This summoner class could have some buffs that inflict all party members with pets, or special passive buffs for pets. (I've noticed pets are not afflicted by general buffs/heals and it wouldn't hurt to stay that way.) You know, something like if the pet is out, owner gains 100 base attack for 10 mins, or something like that.

Other possible skills could be like "Mimic" where the summoner uses one of the Pet's active skill. I.E., graveyard wolves have "Weaken." Mimic could "replicate the skill" of the Pet, and the caster uses it. So like, Summoner casts "Mimic". "Mimic" acts as Weaken. Again, just a slight thought.

And since all classes (except Mage and I think Priest -correct me if I'm wrong. Priest is the only cast I haven't played yet-) have a special way of fighting, (warriors get stances, Vampires get vampire mode, Bards get Scoresheets) what if the Summoner had different Transformations that they can actively switch between.

Some ideas:
    Werewolf (or some other big beast)--Tank, physical attacker, etc.
    Skeleton (or some stealthy thing)--Basically an assassin, fast attack, maybe a limited stealth, etc.
    Wind Element (or some other magic thing)--Uses magic attack, skill spammer, nuker, etc.

So basically, those 3 Transformations could be the talent tree for one. Each Transformation could have some actives in the buyable skills and some in the Talent Tree.

So anyway, Just a thought =P