Omg Ganked!?

aerosephane
aerosephane Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
Hope the title got your attention... lets talk about ganking. Is it really a huge problem? I mean seriously since CB phase 2 I can only think of three maybe four occasions where I have been ganked in the open. Two of which were by Soly lol...

I think more people are afraid of the thought of being ganked rather than the actual experience of it. As well if your just now getting into the game you might have an unrealistic opinion on it. Guess what the server is ending in days! We are bored, we have nothing to lose, and we are going to stir up **** just to have a little fun and get through the anticipation of ob reset.

Don't let the actions of a few people dissuade you from the fun you can have on a pvp server. I personally haven't randomly ganked any lowbies unless it was in defense of a guildies being ganked. I haven't seen any one individual in my guild or many others that run around and gank lowbies w/o cause. The ones that encounter troll... well thats how it is sometimes. He certainly doesn't represent the majority of the server and quite honestly I find his video's creative. Been fortunate not have starred in one myself but I did drop party once to gank him in NC.

Oh well just my 2 cents... mainly I just wanted to say that don't let the fear of being ganked influence you more than the slight possibility that it might happen. Typical random quote that is over used time - The only thing to fear is fear itself...

Do whatever you do but at least be objective in your opinions of the PvP realm.
Post edited by aerosephane on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
«1

Comments

  • extremejosh88
    extremejosh88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hope the title got your attention... lets talk about ganking. Is it really a huge problem? I mean seriously since CB phase 2 I can only think of three maybe four occasions where I have been ganked in the open. Two of which were by Soly lol...

    I think more people are afraid of the thought of being ganked rather than the actual experience of it. As well if your just now getting into the game you might have an unrealistic opinion on it. Guess what the server is ending in days! We are bored, we have nothing to lose, and we are going to stir up **** just to have a little fun and get through the anticipation of ob reset.

    Don't let the actions of a few people dissuade you from the fun you can have on a pvp server. I personally haven't randomly ganked any lowbies unless it was in defense of a guildies being ganked. I haven't seen any one individual in my guild or many others that run around and gank lowbies w/o cause. The ones that encounter troll... well thats how it is sometimes. He certainly doesn't represent the majority of the server and quite honestly I find his video's creative. Been fortunate not have starred in one myself but I did drop party once to gank him in NC.

    Oh well just my 2 cents... mainly I just wanted to say that don't let the fear of being ganked influence you more than the slight possibility that it might happen. Typical random quote that is over used time - The only thing to fear is fear itself...

    Do whatever you do but at least be objective in your opinions of the PvP realm.

    nice post pretty much agree to everything u say ive been ganked a couple times but 90% of the time it was because i wanted it lol open pvp rocks somone pks u u get your get to help u pk them then they get there guild to help pk u and it ends up into a really fun GvG kinda battle without it being official honestly i love it and it also helps with the immersion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Recruitingthread: fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87981
    Guild Site: fworganizationxiii.guildlaunch.com

    A scattered dream
    that's like a far-off memory.
    A far-off memory
    that's like a scattered dream.
  • rassav
    rassav Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hey when you die in FW you respawn in safe zone am I right? If true, that takes care of the worst thing, camping. I am PVEer, but I have nothing against occasional PK (either by me or I am PKed) but when camping starts that becomes serious, because there are weird people who can camp you for hours just to ruin your day, and that IS the problem. I remember in wow, i got ganked with some other players, and after being killed few times I decided I'll leave computer and game on, and do something else... after several hours I was astonished that guy was still stealthing nearby and camping us!
  • aerosephane
    aerosephane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well if someone truly pulled that I'd feel extra accomplished learning that I've met one of the biggest trolls/losers of all times. Damn then I would be able to scratch that off my bucket list. Seriously though I couldn't imagine someone doing that unless they had a serious mental issue or you did something to really make them mad. The thing about FW is every safe zone has a teleport. Problem solved.

    There are sooo many dailies and what not that you can do I honestly can't find time in the day to complete or even get to them all. That just gives me an excuse to go accomplish something else that I needed to get done.

    One of my fav activities when being ganked is to unequip my armor to ensure they go pink then spend the next hour hunting them down... Just stand there recall pet and let them kill you (don't go orange). A lot of people will attack you in hopes that you retaliate and go orange. Then its safe for them to kill you w/o fear of going red. If you catch them off guard they can forget that have good **** in their inventory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sesheenku
    sesheenku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It's not a huge problem, I was never ganked across four characters that I spent entire days on.

    Secondly at this point if you're in a PvP server you have no right to complain about ganking anyways.
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15047437000&dateline=1290559725[/SIGPIC]
    Made by me ;D

    -> I'm no longer in that guild but I'm a bit lazy to change my sig which I made anyways.
  • devonty
    devonty Posts: 0
    edited March 2011
    I get ganked every time I leave SZ :(
  • aerosephane
    aerosephane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ^ Lies lol... xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crimsonflak
    crimsonflak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    rassav wrote: »
    Hey when you die in FW you respawn in safe zone am I right? If true, that takes care of the worst thing, camping. I am PVEer, but I have nothing against occasional PK (either by me or I am PKed) but when camping starts that becomes serious, because there are weird people who can camp you for hours just to ruin your day, and that IS the problem. I remember in wow, i got ganked with some other players, and after being killed few times I decided I'll leave computer and game on, and do something else... after several hours I was astonished that guy was still stealthing nearby and camping us!

    Uhm, you talk to the npc at graveyard, and spawn there instead of walk back to corpse, 10 min debuff, could have worked off the debuff in town when you went to afk =/

    but yes, camping can be borderline harassment, but the game you mentioned has a workaround for it, also FW you spawn in a safezone, except at pyro village in sea of oblivion, im guessing thats a bug thats already been reported a few times.

    i think mainly people dont understand the downside to the pk'er. you get red name, you die, you lose dura on eq, you have a chance to drop random items out of inv, you make lots of enemies, people see you in a group and leave, etc. except the for latter, the devs have put into place things to slow down the pk'ers, so why get all worked up about it? you didnt like it, just think about them getting jumped with red name and dropping a 50 stack of some plant they were farming, smile, and move on.

    as long as PW doesnt add some type of immo-soap, like a diff game, to remove hours of red name, by spending real cash, i dont see what all the complaining is about.
  • yoyo385
    yoyo385 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    rassav wrote: »
    Hey when you die in FW you respawn in safe zone am I right? If true, that takes care of the worst thing, camping. I am PVEer, but I have nothing against occasional PK (either by me or I am PKed) but when camping starts that becomes serious, because there are weird people who can camp you for hours just to ruin your day, and that IS the problem. I remember in wow, i got ganked with some other players, and after being killed few times I decided I'll leave computer and game on, and do something else... after several hours I was astonished that guy was still stealthing nearby and camping us!

    ffs go find some balls and kill the loser camping you
  • thatsunfortunate
    thatsunfortunate Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If your afraid of fights and dying, maybe the pvp server isnt for you
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    yoyo385 wrote: »
    ffs go find some balls and kill the loser camping you

    A level 30 will never be able to kill a level 50 who is camping him. Just sayin'
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • hjsimp
    hjsimp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    A level 30 will never be able to kill a level 50 who is camping him. Just sayin'

    inb4 "If there are lvl50s on your server and you are only lvl30 then you fail; take it like a man; I killz folks 30 levels above me regularly" posts.
  • gustavomesquita
    gustavomesquita Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Only a few knows how to play for lulz. This video shows clearly how to behave accordingly.
    [Add smth cool here]
  • yoyo385
    yoyo385 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    lol id kick u out of guild in 10 seconds flat
  • ylanday69
    ylanday69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i see so much pvp rage around here...
    simple fact is most pve'rs prefer consensual or fair pvp.
    if we gotta be carebears then you gotta be campin gankers...

    dont let these "pvp'rs" suger coat it, there was a **** load of ganking in cb2/3, sure it was bcos the game became meaningless... but what about in OB when the game actually means something? thats when the REAL griefing begins.

    seems to me that these "pvp'rs" are just jealous that they wont have easy prey.

    im a pvp'r and i'll be on the pve server, i'll get plenty of pvp action with guild wars and arenas and i'll be finding some open world fun too, theres always dirty tricks that can be used in both pvp and pve servers. like many ppl have already stated, the pvp in this game is lulz anyway, dunno how anyone got the idea this game is based on pvp... whats that you say? "the soul system" hahaha, that is **** **** anyway... combined with the **** movement system and PVP IS LULZ...

    this game is not based on pvp, infact the pvp implementation is quite ****, this is why i'll be on the pve server.
  • gustavomesquita
    gustavomesquita Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    yoyo385 wrote: »
    lol id kick u out of guild in 10 seconds flat

    And I'd kick your balls after that
    [Add smth cool here]
  • razgrim
    razgrim Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ganking on this game isn't as bad as others too. Your assassins for instance, hardly get a stealth bonus in comparison to similar classes in other games, so you can see most reasonable threats coming and those you can't see aren't that bad. Additionally, the lvl gap in this game isn't as huge as that of others, you can reasonably beat someone 6 lvls over you.

    Anyways a tip for all the good players out there: I've experienced pve realms, they will make a good player want to kill themselves. Most good players can pvp and therefore aren't scared of a pvp realm. Most players who are bad at pvp also tend to be lousy at gameplay in general, and flee to pve servers. In other words, pve servers are mostly packed tight with blazing twits. You've seen these twits before, they're the same ones who **** up the group at nightmare carnival and don't know how to read. Imagine being surrounded by them. The few intelligent ones around tend to guild up, stick together and are worshiped by the twits surrounding them. Major elitism there. But anyways, if you want to enjoy smart and successful instance runs and group activities, stay on pvp servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Linux.
    I give or take life. Your pick.
  • rassav
    rassav Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    nice post pretty much agree to everything u say ive been ganked a couple times but 90% of the time it was because i wanted it lol open pvp rocks somone pks u u get your get to help u pk them then they get there guild to help pk u and it ends up into a really fun GvG kinda battle without it being official honestly i love it and it also helps with the immersion
    Uhm, you talk to the npc at graveyard, and spawn there instead of walk back to corpse, 10 min debuff, could have worked off the debuff in town when you went to afk =/

    but yes, camping can be borderline harassment, but the game you mentioned has a workaround for it, also FW you spawn in a safezone, except at pyro village in sea of oblivion, im guessing thats a bug thats already been reported a few times.

    i think mainly people dont understand the downside to the pk'er. you get red name, you die, you lose dura on eq, you have a chance to drop random items out of inv, you make lots of enemies, people see you in a group and leave, etc. except the for latter, the devs have put into place things to slow down the pk'ers, so why get all worked up about it? you didnt like it, just think about them getting jumped with red name and dropping a 50 stack of some plant they were farming, smile, and move on.

    as long as PW doesnt add some type of immo-soap, like a diff game, to remove hours of red name, by spending real cash, i dont see what all the complaining is about.

    I tried, but that dont work in Tarren Mill, because graveyard is right in middle of it (or was before Cata, now I dunno) and lvl 60 elites couldnt harm the ganker, he just killed them all. And I was about lvl 25... BTW I did my share of pvp but no camping for hours like that thats rly insane what he did... And you know just to level efficiently I had to level in less popular zones (not STV which is full of gankers at all times, but in Arathi, pvp was there with players around my lvl and very decent) because being killed slows down your leveling.

    Now on topic... I'll see what pvp is in this game when OB comes... now I dont wanna lvl just to be wiped on 9th really. If rich kiddies who can spend a lot in cash shop can get to godly level of power that will bury the game, because for both PVE and PVP you will have to cash shop, or simply either be killed in pvp or kicked out of pve group. Its perfgectly OK better gear to be in CS and cool mounts, pets and maybe even the mats, but not godly gear. However this game has something which wow is lacking, the setting is immersive,I dont want to go back to wow because it isnt really the best game out there, just the biggest. Sure they did some things right like gear, balance and pve content, but wow is lacking in other fields. Like no story, no immersive setting, no player housing... Why I should grind when I will be killed in pvp easily by someone in arena gear, and hardcore raiding (with vent and all) is not my cup of tea either becauser of ppl I have to associate with (plainly most wow hardcore gamers are elitist fools, either you are noob/scrub because you are not in 5% of pvpers with arena gear or raiding guild asks you to have lvl 264 gear just to put you in ICC raiding group... sry with full 264 gear i had no need to raid anymore, except to try hardmode ICC, and you couldnt get lvl 264 gear raiding in pugs who dont even try to kill bosses in 2nd quarter of ICC - festergut, rotface and professor, wiping on Morrowgar and lady deathwhisper in pugs is well... I dont know what to say)... so I dont think I'm going back.
  • sesheenku
    sesheenku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    razgrim wrote: »
    Ganking on this game isn't as bad as others too. Your assassins for instance, hardly get a stealth bonus in comparison to similar classes in other games, so you can see most reasonable threats coming and those you can't see aren't that bad. Additionally, the lvl gap in this game isn't as huge as that of others, you can reasonably beat someone 6 lvls over you.

    Anyways a tip for all the good players out there: I've experienced pve realms, they will make a good player want to kill themselves. Most good players can pvp and therefore aren't scared of a pvp realm. Most players who are bad at pvp also tend to be lousy at gameplay in general, and flee to pve servers. In other words, pve servers are mostly packed tight with blazing twits. You've seen these twits before, they're the same ones who **** up the group at nightmare carnival and don't know how to read. Imagine being surrounded by them. The few intelligent ones around tend to guild up, stick together and are worshiped by the twits surrounding them. Major elitism there. But anyways, if you want to enjoy smart and successful instance runs and group activities, stay on pvp servers.

    Prepare for the other PvE'rs to flame you as they will stop at the insults and not read the exception part.
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15047437000&dateline=1290559725[/SIGPIC]
    Made by me ;D

    -> I'm no longer in that guild but I'm a bit lazy to change my sig which I made anyways.
  • th30ry
    th30ry Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ylanday69 wrote: »
    i see so much pvp rage around here...
    simple fact is most pve'rs prefer consensual or fair pvp.
    if we gotta be carebears then you gotta be campin gankers...

    dont let these "pvp'rs" suger coat it, there was a **** load of ganking in cb2/3, sure it was bcos the game became meaningless... but what about in OB when the game actually means something? thats when the REAL griefing begins.

    seems to me that these "pvp'rs" are just jealous that they wont have easy prey.

    im a pvp'r and i'll be on the pve server, i'll get plenty of pvp action with guild wars and arenas and i'll be finding some open world fun too, theres always dirty tricks that can be used in both pvp and pve servers. like many ppl have already stated, the pvp in this game is lulz anyway, dunno how anyone got the idea this game is based on pvp... whats that you say? "the soul system" hahaha, that is **** **** anyway... combined with the **** movement system and PVP IS LULZ...

    this game is not based on pvp, infact the pvp implementation is quite ****, this is why i'll be on the pve server.

    Exactly.
    Im a pvper against lolpvp, i'll be on pve.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mishikotoko
    mishikotoko Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If your afraid of fights and dying, maybe the pvp server isnt for you

    This is truth. ^_^

    Seriously, pk'ing, and being pk'd is normal on a PvP server. Including being ganked and ganking others.

    PvP is player vs player. Meaning you fight other players at times. 1v1 or 1v100, it doesn't matter.

    The point is to win.
    Heck if you die, call a friend or two to back you up if you'd like, or solo. It's up to the player.
    Lvl 57 Magus
  • refertome
    refertome Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well most of the players are fine with the pvp system right now though its not up to standard..

    But I'm pretty sure the big communities and stuff will make the pvp server a fun one with dramas and mini party wars..guess youtube will have a lot of this as time goes by..Pve people can then take a look and miss all the fun.Don't regret after that :)..
  • ylanday69
    ylanday69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    refertome wrote: »
    Well most of the players are fine with the pvp system right now though its not up to standard..

    But I'm pretty sure the big communities and stuff will make the pvp server a fun one with dramas and mini party wars..guess youtube will have a lot of this as time goes by..Pve people can then take a look and miss all the fun.Don't regret after that :)..


    why do these so called "pvp'rs" keep assuming that pvp wont happen on the pve servers? i guess its true what they say:

    "ignorance is bliss"

    Fun Fact: ppl roll pve to avoid camping and grieving, not to avoid pvp...
  • refertome
    refertome Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ylanday69 wrote: »
    why do these so called "pvp'rs" keep assuming that pvp wont happen on the pve servers? i guess its true what they say:

    "ignorance is bliss"

    Fun Fact: ppl roll pve to avoid camping and grieving, not to avoid pvp...

    Campers will be dealt with sooner or later anyways..

    Being killed out of nowhere or some "gang" go around killing people is the drama..and thats where the fun starts..I won't anyhow pk people of cause but there will be people doing that so thats what entertainment in pvps are..
  • mezgi
    mezgi Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ylanday69 wrote: »
    i guess its true what they say:

    "ignorance is bliss"
    i wonder why do people always look at the oposition and never at themselves.
  • ylanday69
    ylanday69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Originally Posted by ylanday69
    i guess its true what they say:

    "ignorance is bliss"
    mezgi wrote: »
    i wonder why do people always look at the oposition and never at themselves.

    are you actually accusing me of being ignorant? im not making assumptions and blindly ignoring the facts...

    like i said before... 3:1, cant ignore that one...
  • sekkurel
    sekkurel Posts: 46
    edited March 2011
    To the PvP crowd
    No matter what you say or how noble you people are there will always be jerks that kill for no reason then that of lvling there internet c***. SO we PvE-ers avoid that by playing a PvE server were we can choose to pvp rather then be moving targets

    Also why do you people assume that :
    a) we dont enjoy PvP
    b) we miss the fun ???
    c) were the ignorant ones

    Hello ??? Did you know that taste is relative my good people ? Guess not by how your acting
  • refertome
    refertome Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    sekkurel wrote: »
    To the PvP crowd
    No matter what you say or how noble you people are there will always be jerks that kill for no reason then that of lvling there internet c***. SO we PvE-ers avoid that by playing a PvE server were we can choose to pvp rather then be moving targets

    Also why do you people assume that :
    a) we dont enjoy PvP
    b) we miss the fun ???
    c) were the ignorant ones

    Hello ??? Did you know that taste is relative my good people ? Guess not by how your acting

    Other I don't know but I mean no harm..Maybe it isn't fun to you and thats fine..its fun in just my own terms :)
  • ylanday69
    ylanday69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    wow the ignorance here is crazy, no1 said pvp isnt fun....

    you do realize the only thing not available on the pve server is camping and griefing? so therefore it could be easily argued that the pve server is more fun than the pvp server. even the thrill of being hunted down can be achieved if you run around flagged, ppl will get red and be flagged for at least an hour. its quite possible you'll see more pvp this way than you would on a baron pvp server (in 2 to 3 months after release)...

    have fun wasting your character when you realise the real game is on a pve server. every game like this ive played the pve servers were flooded and the pvp server was dead bar a few cash shop gankers. why do you think theres always more pve servers than pvp? of course thats not counting hardcore PVP games, cos to be fair there are also hardcore pve games. dunno how ppl can ignore common knowledge...
  • mezgi
    mezgi Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ylanday69 wrote: »
    have fun wasting your character when you realise the real game is on a pve server. every game like this ive played the pve servers were flooded and the pvp server was dead bar a few cash shop gankers. why do you think theres always more pve servers than pvp? of course thats not counting hardcore PVP games, cos to be fair there are also hardcore pve games. dunno how ppl can ignore common knowledge...

    bieber likes this.

    I've heard real life is in our basements , so we should just sit there because we can be hit by a car if we go outside or some1 can just shoot us ( just watch the news , they show good stories too) , so dont waste our lives.
  • sesheenku
    sesheenku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    mezgi wrote: »
    bieber likes this.

    I've heard real life is in our basements , so we should just sit there because we can be hit by a car if we go outside or some1 can just shoot us ( just watch the news , they show good stories too) , so dont waste our lives.

    Just chillax people... it's an MMORPG PvP+PvE stop jumping down each others throats. Gameplay against people/monsters (PvP) and monsters/people (PvE) does not mean each side does not do both cause they do.

    If you guys keep fighting in the manner you are right now you make both PvE and PvP players look bad.

    Preference is preference and everything everyone says in this subject is just an opinion, so no matter what we say it doesn't matter, MMORPG'S are for both types of play and both servers have PvE and both servers have PvP it's just different rules for the PvP. So stop attacking each other for such a ridiculous reason.

    In short this game is PvP and PvE both types of servers have BOTH PvE and PvP, some people don't like to be ganked and griefed and some don't mind it doesn't make them bad players, they just find it annoying so both sides need to chill out cause as of now you sound like a bunch of kids trying to push opinion as fact.

    Both PvE and PvP sides right now sound like they're trying to tell you yellow is blue when it's in fact yellow.

    You can't disprove opinions people no matter how stupid they are. You can tell the person you think their opinion is stupid but at least do it politely so you both don't look bad.
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15047437000&dateline=1290559725[/SIGPIC]
    Made by me ;D

    -> I'm no longer in that guild but I'm a bit lazy to change my sig which I made anyways.
This discussion has been closed.