What are the methods for gaining tradeable currency?

darkseed
darkseed Posts: 119 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
This has been bothering me since i started a week ago, it doesnt seem like there's any consistent ways of getting tradeable coins.

I've done Nightmare Circus twice, thats netted me a grand total of 2 gold in tradeable... whoopie!

There's that Midas event daily, but that requires purchasing an item from the cash shop, which sorta defeats the purpose. And it might even kill any possible profit based on whatever to going rate on leaves is in tradeable currency.

Are there any other methods? If so what other events can yeild tradeable currency reliably?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• balsero
    balsero Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Another methods is to use the Auction House or create a store and sell the stuff for gold
    Poetry is the rhythmical creation of beauty in words.

Edgar Allan Poe
    Arriba, abajo, los Pkers pal Karaho!!!
  • darkseed
    edited March 2011
    balsero wrote: »
    Another methods is to use the Auction House or create a store and sell the stuff for gold

That requires other ppl to then have gotten tradeable currency. I'm trying to figure out the sources of it into the economy. Of noone else knows how to get it, they cant buy your goods at the AH or store.
  • balsero
    edited March 2011
    The only ways are the ones you mentioned

Edgar Allan Poe
  • bladexm1
    bladexm1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yeh. Like darkseed said. Midas touch quest is a good money making way. But first you have to do alot of nightmares. This is my theory on how to do it. Star with nightmares and do them untill you have enough money to buy 100 leaves. And with those leaves you buy those statues and just keep multypling your cash. It works like a charm if you do a little math :D

You can do 5 quests with 100 leaves. Which will give the max of about 35 gold coins or the minimum of 20 gold coins. So that means if you buy 100 leaves for 5-9 gold coins you get much more in return and just keep at it and keep doing it. By the time you have those 35 gold coins and even more you will also have drops from dungeons and so on and so on. So getting cash isn't really such a big problem. My only worry is that people will over price the stuff way out of the universe. :/ Thats my only concern :(
  • darkseed
    edited March 2011
    bladexm1 wrote: »
    Yeh. Like darkseed said. Midas touch quest is a good money making way. But first you have to do alot of nightmares. This is my theory on how to do it. Star with nightmares and do them untill you have enough money to buy 100 leaves. And with those leaves you buy those statues and just keep multypling your cash. It works like a charm if you do a little math :D

You can do 5 quests with 100 leaves. Which will give the max of about 35 gold coins or the minimum of 20 gold coins. So that means if you buy 100 leaves for 5-9 gold coins you get much more in return and just keep at it and keep doing it. By the time you have those 35 gold coins and even more you will also have drops from dungeons and so on and so on. So getting cash isn't really such a big problem. My only worry is that people will over price the stuff way out of the universe. :/ Thats my only concern :(

Question about Midas.

You buy the Mercury Statuette from the cash shop, that i get.

But you also need Alchemy Proxy's. I got 2 of those as a free gift on an introductory quest, but how do you obtain more of them?
  • balsero
    edited March 2011
    Do you know where Jessica is standing? The NPC for guilds? Behind her there is a guy, I forgot his name, he is the one that let you trade for them.

Edgar Allan Poe
  • bladexm1
    edited March 2011
    Trough the guild merit interface. First if you have friends you all do carnival and pitch in for a guild. Then yu do guild quest and get merit and get those proxies. 1 each day. It takes a week to get a major ammount of cash. It may not seem fast but its a damn sure way to make cash in my opinion ^^. Its working like a charm for me now and i don't have my leafs anymore ^^
  • darkseed
    edited March 2011
    Trough the guild merit interface. First if you have friends you all do carnival and pitch in for a guild. Then yu do guild quest and get merit and get those proxies. 1 each day. It takes a week to get a major ammount of cash. It may not seem fast but its a damn sure way to make cash in my opinion ^^. Its working like a charm for me now and i don't have my leafs anymore ^^

I'm not currently in any guild. I tried looking at all NPCs, i found one that trades for things involving guild merit (which i dont have) but i still didnt see Alchemy Proxy in his items for sale list. Can i only view the sale of the item if i have a guild? Also, this basically mandates me getting a guild a.s.a.p. -_- (well in O.B.).
  • redwingpixie
    redwingpixie Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The is sorta right the rate at which non cs players gain gold is to slow tbh to simply merch as prices are sorta set really high now i mean sets and blues go for 3g-25g so if ur getting 1g a day from proxy ur not gonna get much gold =/
    D-D-Disconnect-And-Self-Destruct-One-Bullet-At-A-Time
  • jonnyjust
    jonnyjust Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    this all sounds very time consuming and annoying just to get some game currency... no thanks!
  • billygoat79
    billygoat79 Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I don't like the money system AT ALL I mean WTF is with 2 kinds of currency anyways. One for merchants the other I have to struggle and GRIND harder than Jade Dynasty to get gold to use to buy something from another player? Something is major wrong if I have to do 50000 quests to earn a couple gold for trades. Might want to re-think this one PWI people sounds like a real hassle to me.

(waits for the flames of players to fall from the heavens)
  • gustavomesquita
    gustavomesquita Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Stick with the good ol' "Run dungeons, sell rare gear".

That'll do.
    [Add smth cool here]
  • bladexm1
    edited March 2011
    how will you sell rare gear if not even other people don't have the cash ^^.

No darkseed you need to be in a guild to get the proxy thing. And you need to do merit quests. Anyways money is not a hassle since if you get enough for just 100 leafes... then you are saved from being poor. You just have to make sure to be working hard for that money untill you can afford 100 leaves. When that happens ^^ well then you just cant be lazy anymore :P
  • tenysama
    tenysama Posts: 127
    edited March 2011
    People will cash shop, that's a given.

There is always a group of elite Credit Card swipers who come to a new game, dish out a few hundred/thousand, and try to "rule" the economy for quite some time.

This tends to work in the beginning, until the "legit" players eventually catch up from quests/events.

F2p games are all the same, you can either kill yourself grinding/playing for hours on end to make a bit of money, or you can spend 20 bucks and save yourself a day's worth of farming.

You have to be patient/diligent, doing NC and MT are your only ways to make money without spending money yourself.
  • wertoret
    wertoret Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Do a free zen offer, it takes 250 zen to get 100 leaves a nd start the money printing machine aka midas' touch. Really we should start accepting that you cannot play the game without paying anything for it.
    "lol" - Anonymous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bladexm1
    edited March 2011
    Yes. Well 2 weeks of grinding NC will give you enough to get those 1st 100 leafs with ingame cash. And then its just midas touch and midas touch again and again and again ^^ and there you go. Thats all there is to it :)
  • gustavomesquita
    gustavomesquita Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    how will you sell rare gear if not even other people don't have the cash ^^.

Rich kids /do/.
    [Add smth cool here]
  • bladexm1
    edited March 2011
    well i guess you have a point but my way still works nicely xD
This discussion has been closed.