Open Beta - March 9th

crabclaw
crabclaw Posts: 953 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
Change of plans, everybody! The open beta launch date for FW has been moved from March 23rd to March 9th. Besides the date change, everything will remain the same.

There will be a character wipe on the 9th, and then the game will be in its open beta stage at last. I'll have more specific information about any potential maintenance/downtimes related to the launching of the open beta in the near future.

One week left of the CB period. An era is coming to an end :)
Post edited by crabclaw on

Comments

• chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Phew, We're going into Open Beta, at long last, March 9th! The end of a very exciting year, and much more to come ahead!
  • sesheenku
    sesheenku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    That was quick.. Hard to believe everything is prepared already
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15047437000&dateline=1290559725[/SIGPIC]
    Made by me ;D

-> I'm no longer in that guild but I'm a bit lazy to change my sig which I made anyways.
  • madlock84
    madlock84 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    but the beginning of a new era for mmorpg's trust me :)
  • visualkitten
    visualkitten Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm all sorts of excited :]
  • mstgcs
    mstgcs Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    (so mad) :P

kidding, but what the flipp man totally thought we had till the 23rd, not everyone is going to be able to test lvl 60 content now highest level by then would probably be 58 or something.

Edit: if they still care to level. which isn't me :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sleepingroos
    sleepingroos Posts: 24
    edited March 2011
    what a lovely surprise!

finally going into OB \o/
  • kyosuken
    kyosuken Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I know we're supposed to be happy about this lol, but honestly this just shows that PWE can't be expected to keep their own launch dates in order, no matter the circumstances. XD Good lord. All the things the botched before now, and now another sudden change. Poorly handled CBT is poorly handed.

Oh well. OBT soon. Hope you guys got everything in order this time, so we don't have any more last minute changes, or any other massive **** ups for OB.
  • creamy222
    creamy222 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    this is great news!!! I thought everyone was lying on world chat!! It's like a birthday present in advance.
    Kaitlin
    Rebel Priest-Elf-50
    Guild- Eclipse
  • suielchan
    suielchan Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Awesome. I look forward to recreating my chars on the 9th then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • carmilla
    carmilla Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    A decent decision and all, but your lazy **** higher ups better give us some good and clear information on all the servers RIGHT NOW crabby!

1) Whats up with the EU servers, final official information on all this already (are they in Amsterdam, are they in USA, how many, etc.)

2) PVP and PVE servers, one of each for each time zone? And if so, will open world pvp flag mode (like that of the PWI PVE servers) be ever implemented on the PVE severs?

3) CBT Incentives, you guys have stretched this one long enough already, so its about time we get a final word on it.
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ok this is bs, first you not wipe after p3 to test level 60 and now this? Nobody will hit 60 before wipe, or even if there will be some I doubt anyone will test the instance since you need a party too, not to mention you need several runs to test effectively one doesn't say anything.

And wtf was with the more leaves then? If you plan on sending any, at least do it now or it will be too close to wipe ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krogger
    krogger Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    crabclaw wrote: »
    Change of plans, everybody! The open beta launch date for FW has been moved from March 23rd to March 9th. Besides the date change, everything will remain the same.

There will be a character wipe on the 9th, and then the game will be in its open beta stage at last. I'll have more specific information about any potential maintenance/downtimes related to the launching of the open beta in the near future.

Best news i have heard all week.. i always knew u were the man!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Name: Krogger
    Guild: Wicked (leader)
    Race: Kindred
    Class: Assassin
  • muisic
    muisic Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Oehh, I can't wait! Does anyone know how late the wipe will be? I've a name I want to use, but it and even variations of it are all used xd

Love the game :)
  • vampirebun
    vampirebun Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    kyosuken wrote: »
    I know we're supposed to be happy about this lol, but honestly this just shows that PWE can't be expected to keep their own launch dates in order, no matter the circumstances. XD Good lord. All the things the botched before now, and now another sudden change. Poorly handled CBT is poorly handed.

Oh well. OBT soon. Hope you guys got everything in order this time, so we don't have any more last minute changes, or any other massive **** ups for OB.

I agree. Learn to keep your word ! Why did you do this phase 4 at all? 1 week (is it?) was useful to you? Seems like you wasted the time of all players :) Anyway, from the little I saw, its interesting game, so dont **** people off with changing mind all the time.
  • stainedice
    stainedice Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Some Questions:
    1.Will we still get cbt phase 4 incentive gifts, and how will we reddem them?
    2.Obviously there will be a wipe going into obt, but is this the LAST wipe? Or will there be any more wipes in obt?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • overwiz
    overwiz Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Wow way to go thinking about Phase 4 players, they only had 2 weeks to play proly not even hit lvl 30 -.-'
  • tommygeeit
    tommygeeit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    And what about EU servers ? Will them be up 9th march too ?
  • fenrina
    fenrina Posts: 336
    edited March 2011
    >>>.<<<

Great, now I can't test anything I wanted. Thanks a lot.
  • kyosuken
    kyosuken Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    mstgcs wrote: »
    (so mad) :P

kidding, but what the flipp man totally thought we had till the 23rd, not everyone is going to be able to test lvl 60 content now highest level by then would probably be 58 or something.

Edit: if they still care to level. which isn't me :P
    tyanara wrote: »
    Ok this is bs, first you not wipe after p3 to test level 60 and now this? Nobody will hit 60 before wipe, or even if there will be some I doubt anyone will test the instance since you need a party too, not to mention you need several runs to test effectively one doesn't say anything.

And wtf was with the more leaves then? If you plan on sending any, at least do it now or it will be too close to wipe ._.

Quoted for truth.

The whole point of cancelling the wipe was supposedly to actually let us test lv60 content.

NO ONE IS GOING TO HIT 60 BEFORE THE 9TH. And if ONE person does, he wont have anyone to help him.

PWE , honestly I would have thought that after so many other games you guys launched, you'd have learned by now that you can't keep swapping dates around, and making last minute changes every other week. It shows massive lack of organization, it shows poor faith to the community, and shows us that we cant expect anything to move forward as planned.

But meh. PWE has made the same mistakes over and over for years, so I dunno why I expected them to do better now.
  • solartide
    solartide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    lolz! moar curveballs! teh awesome!

First there was no wipe, and now chars are being wiped 2 weeks early, hell yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    WTF, Y WULD U WIPE AL R STUFS?!?!?!!??!?!?! DIS IS TEH STPIDST TING EVR?!??!?!?!?! *Continues nerdrage for five minutes*

Hope you all enjoyed my impression of an idiot : )
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    well looks like im gonna have to stop slacking off and start leveling up faster so i can get to 40 to try those quests out and try out the lvl 40 porudock weapon it seems
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • edi
    edi Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    great great great....

time to take a break b4 obt...

but we must have one information on time...tell us finally about EU servers...
  • anayaa972
    anayaa972 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Can we keep at least our name ?! It will be annoying, that we lose it and someone else take it :( . Please XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Creepy Mushy Sweety Smile. YunJae <3
    (I'm french, sorry If u find my english weird, or like a 6 years old ? *giggle*)
    Do U know 'Boys Love' ? Hm ? It's so yaoilicious <3
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    WTF, Y WULD U WIPE AL R STUFS?!?!?!!??!?!?! DIS IS TEH STPIDST TING EVR?!??!?!?!?! *Continues nerdrage for five minutes*

Hope you all enjoyed my impression of an idiot : )

you sir deserve the academy award for best performance XD
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • octarone
    octarone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    WTFFF MAN YET AGAIN you make a MAJOR change like the no wipe after phase 3.

I didn't no life this EXPECTING this but honestly you are **** over all the people who hardcored in this game, who wanted to check out the lv60 map and builds -- and yes I'm serious they would have tested bugs.

I'm honestly surprised they still kept at it in phase 4 after the change with the no wipe. But seriously you give us now information about wipe with 1 week in advance, YET AGAIN?

Watch as everyone lost motivation in even leveling up anymore -- so what about the lv60 content you wanted to "test"? hmm.
  • anayaa972
    anayaa972 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Can we keep at least our name ?! It will be annoying, that we lose it and someone else take it :( . Please XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Creepy Mushy Sweety Smile. YunJae <3
    (I'm french, sorry If u find my english weird, or like a 6 years old ? *giggle*)
    Do U know 'Boys Love' ? Hm ? It's so yaoilicious <3
  • vampirebun
    vampirebun Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    A lot of people are not happy about this. Why dont u change your decision again, delete this topic and we will pretend like nothing happend? :p
  • ursumtl
    ursumtl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    crabclaw wrote: »

uhm, ok, can you at least give a time frame for OB? From March9 'till ...... ?
    Really, I don't want to start a new char for 2 weeks. I had some plans with this one until the 23rd, but hey...
    Can I at least get an official timeframe to know if it's worth wasting my time in this game or not?
    Thanks.
  • tenysama
    tenysama Posts: 127
    edited March 2011
    ursumtl wrote: »
    uhm, ok, can you at least give a time frame for OB? From March9 'till ...... ?
    Really, I don't want to start a new char for 2 weeks. I had some plans with this one until the 23rd, but hey...
    Can I at least get an official timeframe to know if it's worth wasting my time in this game or not?
    Thanks.

Open Beta is when the game goes live, i.e. there is no "end date", the only real "end date" is when the game tanks.
This discussion has been closed.