bah wtf religion

neuraxis
neuraxis Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
seen a person post with this on it..

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" John 3:16

but yea seriously i dont want this sort of jazz in my face while playing games..

dudes name is drakovongola1.. make him change it... its a joke

not his post sorry his siggy
Post edited by neuraxis on

Comments

• osasua
    osasua Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Emm and the point of this thread is.............
  • street464
    street464 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    we are all in what they call the infomation age now and its not hard to find that the bible was written by men.. and the son of god is actually the SUN.. do sum research into and youll see... sheeple

smh..i dont kno where u be gettin your information from..but to keep thing in content..just like forsaken world..there are tons of inf u can find on the game that goes both ways..go search up info on guild wars etc and see if you dont come up with slighty diff answer which othe ppl in turn end up changeing alot..its like the game.uhh (not sure of its name) word of mouth?..

but anyway i guess u can have ur opinion..but really someone sig bothered u that much u had to go out of ur way to notice it and post on it.. could of just turn a blind eye to it.

maybe God is callin u my friend, he wants u..come join us u might like it :p
  • marshalk
    marshalk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    neuraxis wrote: »

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" John 3:16

but yea seriously i dont want this sort of jazz in my face while playing games..

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.-Ecclesiastes 9:11

Sorry.. but removing someone's belief is not possible..
  • balsero
    balsero Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    neuraxis wrote: »

Sorry Sr but you are a hypocrite, you play a game where you pray to gods to give you exp points, exp scroll, when you go AFK you pray to gods to give you exp points, reputation points, etc. What is different here? He could have quoted one of the phrases of one of the gods on this game and used as a sig, would that have bothered you? Maybe you took an issue with his sigs because maybe Jesus' words are tugging at your heart? He is not ordering you to accept Christ, he is just quoting the most important verse of the Bible in the New Testament.
    Poetry is the rhythmical creation of beauty in words.

Edgar Allan Poe
    Arriba, abajo, los Pkers pal Karaho!!!
  • zienhart
    zienhart Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    balsero wrote: »
    Sorry Sr but you are a hypocrite, you play a game where you pray to gods to give you exp points, exp scroll, when you go AFK you pray to gods to give you exp points, reputation points, etc. What is different here? He could have quoted one of the phrases of one of the gods on this game and used as a sig, would that have bothered you? Maybe you took an issue with his sigs because maybe Jesus' words are tugging at your heart? He is not ordering you to accept Christ, he is just quoting the most important verse of the Bible in the New Testament.

I personally see nothing wrong with it as his siggy,

HOWEVER there is a guy on one of the new realm servers who would quote a verse out of the bibble into world chat,

That i do have a problem with.

If you believe, that's your choice, however i don't play the game to hear a quote from the bibble every day, if you know what i mean.

But it seems he stopped so it doesn't matter xP He probly ran out of world chat flute things xD
  • rassav
    rassav Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    @zienhart

That would be a problem for me too, spamming world chat in the game with quotes from the Bible...

@OP

Live with it... Some ppl simply believe and you have to accept it... I dont believe (and I was a believer) and such sigs with bible quotes never bothered me. Maybe in the future I will believe again I'm unsure, because religion is beneficial in other ways, if you exclude the dogma, with socialization, with preaching correct conduct and virtues/ethics... Preaching on the forums is another thing however and that I dont like.
  • bunnypirates
    bunnypirates Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    zienhart wrote: »
    HOWEVER there is a guy on one of the new realm servers who would quote a verse out of the bibble into world chat,

That i do have a problem with.

If you believe, that's your choice, however i don't play the game to hear a quote from the bibble every day, if you know what i mean.

But it seems he stopped so it doesn't matter xP He probly ran out of world chat flute things xD

That guy was doing the same in phase 1. I find it kinda weird but it's not like he/she was trying to force anyone to believe in God. It's his choice and IMO it shouldn't bother anyone. Freedom of religion and so on. I'm an atheist but if someone world chats Bible quotes I don't care unless it's spam or it insults someone.

And what come to the person's signature with a quote from the Bible... Are you kidding me? >_> It's just a quote, ffs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*CB1 player, herp-a-derp.*
    forsakenworldart.deviantart.comJOIN
    Retired; playing a game called life. O:
  • gustavomesquita
    gustavomesquita Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Approach - 7
    Derail skills - 5
    Lack of sense - 10
    Ballz - 6

Overall trolling - 7
    -
    Endtroll - 4

3/10.
    [Add smth cool here]
  • zienhart
    edited March 2011
    Well, It's a video game, it's not meant to have a real religuos preach of the bibble every day.

Just my opinion though, I'm also athiest.

It doesn't bother me to where i bang my head into the keyboard crying,

I just don't believe people should quote such things in a all-realm public chat.

Again, my opinion. (:

Fear my horrible spelling >_> not even going to bother correcting this LOL
  • bunnypirates
    bunnypirates Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well, It's a video game, it's not meant to have a real religuos preach of the bibble every day.

It is a video game... But there are people playing it and some people just like to show others that they believe in God. If I could choose, I'd take a religion-free community but as long as people stay calm and quit mass advertising their quotes I'm happy. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*CB1 player, herp-a-derp.*
    forsakenworldart.deviantart.comJOIN
    Retired; playing a game called life. O:
  • balsero
    edited March 2011
    The funny thing is that I have seen many players using chat world to say profane things, cuss and calling Jesus whatever name they can figure it out, and no one complains. This would not have been an issue if the OP would not have created this topic, if you notice every time these topics pop up it is always someone trying to undermine other's persons right to believe in whatever the heck they want to believe in it. And almost always is against Christians beliefs, I have seen quotes in sigs from devil worshipers, wicas, etc and no one notice them, except the quotes that have something to do with Christianity are the ones always revile, criticize or even discriminate against.

Edgar Allan Poe
  • marshalk
    marshalk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If i could figure out (im drunk atm) how to put on a sig.. it would include a bible quote..

If I could get enough leaves (haven't actually gotten any yet) to get a good supply of WC flutes.... I would post a bible quote a day....

You don't believe in God.. ok.. i don't care

You don't believe in Satan.. Ok.. i don't care

You are teetering between believing and not... I care..

Yes.. this is a game..

BUT..

it is also a community..

Every community is going to have people who believe and people who don't.. if you don't.. ok.... it is your choice.. if you do.. good... I hope that you find interest in my quotes... (when i can afford to do them)

I am not a priest.. (father, pastor, etc) in fact, I don't even attend church..

I believe that the bible is to be interpreted by the reader..

therefore.. when i quote the bible.. the intention of the quote is left to the reader of the quote... Therefore... if you find any quotes I do to be offensive well.. mabey it has to do with your belief's and not mine...
  • zienhart
    edited March 2011
    I think they should add a world chat turnoff function, it'll fix this problem and many others, lol.
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    dude your a total douchebag. not sure if you live in the us or if drako does but theres these two amazing amendments in the U.S. CONSTITUTION with the first being FREEDOM OF SPEECH and the other being FREEDOM OF RELIGION you have a right to complain all you want for being an atheist dickhead but you don't have the right to make him get rid of a quote on his sig so stfu or gtfo
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • drakenfyre
    drakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    edited March 2011
    ok I really don't see what the issue is, he has a passage from the bible as part of his quote...no big deal

only way I can see this as being a huge issues is if he is in here going on and on quoting passages in this posts, or if he's in game doing it, but from what I have seen he is doing neither of these..so leave the guy alone.
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • aerosephane
    aerosephane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    1) It's FW's game and your amendments aren't necessarily protected in their game world. They set the rules and guidelines in their ToS and you follow or you don't play.

2) Over zealous Christians (they are almost the equivalent of Muslim extremists imo) are embarrassing the rest of us normal Christians that don't believe in trying to impose our religious beliefs on other people. The best thing you could do is lead by example... that's the most subtle and best way to profess your religion (whatever it is). If I see a bunch of religious nuts (w/e religion it is) making a big scene its only going to steer me farther away... funny that these religious nuts seem to completely disregard major parts in the biblical stories that involved their type of behavior...

3) Why do atheists talk about God more than anyone else? Lullz...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nightwolf200
    edited March 2011
    oh btw by your reasoning then the guilds illuminati and scientology would have to be deleted also since they're named after reliogions as well and get rid of praying and gods trial making forsaken world the biggest atheist game ever
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

• balsero
    edited March 2011
    AS a Christian I just post my sig without making a fuss about it, but if someone takes offense on it, that is his/her problem no mine.

Edgar Allan Poe
  • drakenfyre
    edited March 2011
    AS a Christian I just post my sig without making a fuss about it, but if someone takes offense on it, that is his/her problem no mine.

OMG!!! NO it's another one with a religious sig *enter sarcasm here* :D
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • balsero
    edited March 2011
    drakenfyre wrote: »
    OMG!!! NO it's another one with a religious sig *enter sarcasm here* :D

Lol.... now you are in trouble... lol :p

Edgar Allan Poe
  • nightwolf200
    edited March 2011
    I think they should add a world chat turnoff function, it'll fix this problem and many others, lol.
    drakenfyre wrote: »
    ok I really don't see what the issue is, he has a passage from the bible as part of his quote...no big deal

only way I can see this as being a huge issues is if he is in here going on and on quoting passages in this posts, or if he's in game doing it, but from what I have seen he is doing neither of these..so leave the guy alone.
    1) It's FW's game and your amendments aren't necessarily protected in their game world. They set the rules and guidelines in their ToS and you follow or you don't play.

2) Over zealous Christians are embarrassing the rest of us normal Christians that don't believe in trying to impose our religious beliefs on other people. The best thing you could do is lead by example... that's the most subtle and best way to profess your religion (whatever it is). If I see a bunch of religious nuts (w/e religion it is) making a big scene its only going to steer me farther away... funny that these religious nuts seem to completely disregard major parts in the biblical stories that involved their type of behavior...

3) Why do atheists talk about God more than anyone else? Lullz...

the server is based in the us for the forums and in game so actually they do have to follow the amendments thats why so many anons get away with cyber bullying not to mention i don't see him arguing on wc or on the forums about religion making point 1 and 2 completely voided and as for 3 they like to get christians angry to try and get them into arguements over religion and **** like that
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]

• drakenfyre
    edited March 2011
    Lol.... now you are in trouble... lol :p

****, I'm gonna be smited now :D
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • aerosephane
    edited March 2011
    Stating my personal opinion on topics that were related to the previous posts. 1 & 2 don't need your personal approval. 3 - No your basic amendment rights are not protected in an online environment. Ever heard of a temp ban, a chat ban, an IP ban? All are perfectly legal for them to do since you agreed to the ToS. It is a contract with implied consent (or physical if you clicked on a little check box). Not only that but ToS are always subject to change at their own discretion. If the GM's say its a no go you have no choice. They can restrict anything they want...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nightwolf200
    edited March 2011
    Stating my personal opinion on topics that were related to the previous posts. 1 & 2 don't need your personal approval. 3 - No your basic amendment rights are not protected in an online environment. Ever heard of a temp ban, a chat ban, an IP ban? All are perfectly legal for them to do since you agreed to the ToS. It is a contract with implied consent (or physical if you clicked on a little check box). Not only that but ToS are always subject to change at their own discretion. If the GM's say its a no go you have no choice. They can restrict anything they want...

yes those are legal if you BREAK THE RULES but as he has not then there should be no problem simple as that
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]

• sainttlucifer
    sainttlucifer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    you people need to quit crying about everything

seriously whats wrong with this generation? why didnt your parents hit you?

i hear **** from virgins in WC all day about various body parts of the female, but when a female complains about that its just "fun and games"

but when someone says something that actually MEANS something to him/her everyone freaks out

spark up a spliff , get your heads out of your asses and quit being tools.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** the reaper, fear the Keeper
    AsylumFW.guildlaunch.com
  • nightwolf200
    edited March 2011
    you people need to quit crying about everything

seriously whats wrong with this generation? why didnt your parents hit you?

i hear **** from virgins in WC all day about various body parts of the female, but when a female complains about that its just "fun and games"

but when someone says something that actually MEANS something to him/her everyone freaks out

spark up a spliff , get your heads out of your asses and quit being tools.

exactly
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]

• zienhart
    edited March 2011
    let me ask this

If i sat on worldchat and talked about how i believe god is false and that the bible is just a man made book filled with bullcrap and only desperate people look to it, would you complain about it?

I bet you would.

Its no diff then quoting bible verses, keep it to yourself, not everyone wants to hear it.

Sigs are fine, world chat is not.

Keep it to yourself and dont be a **** cause noone wants to hear about your religion.
  • aerosephane
    edited March 2011
    I'm still wondering why atheists bring up religion more than anyone else I know though... you gotta lol at the irony.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crabclaw
    crabclaw Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    In the future, PM me or submit a ticket about issues like this.

Making a thread about it usually doesn't end well.
This discussion has been closed.